Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Very Nice! Bryce sure makes a nice terrain, eh?

Thanks, Dart :)

As you have so ably proven with your Envirokits, Carrara is no slouch at making terrains!

What I do like about using Bryce terrains in Carrara is that they are so easy to customise with the great heightmap editor.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the terrain shader tree - ended up using a photo of some nearby cliffs I had taken. Quite pleased with the result, so I'm off to the mountains this weekend to take tons more :)

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Olympia 6 render with Indirect Lighting and using the DP Olympia 6 Carrara Shaders

Moder_Olympia_14_copy.jpg
    1145 x 2000 - 488K
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

Cafe is now hosting all of the issues of C3DE, so to celebrate I spent way too much time arranging and rendering them as magazines in Carrara...

As a nifty new feature you can read an issue on site as a magazine :)
    http://carraracafe.com/c3de/

Screen_Shot_2014-04-09_at_1.05_.42_AM_.png
    880 x 640 - 567K
    64.png
    960 x 341 - 489K
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited April 2014

Just some things that I learned how to do this year.
    Little post work, mostly levels and blur, lots of light tweaking with spots, AO and skylight.

Summer_in_Irvine.jpg
    1210 x 504 - 177K
    lora_sun.jpg
    875 x 564 - 77K
    The_Emerald_Full.jpg
    919 x 1225 - 235K
    Post edited by TourqeGlare on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Little post work, mostly levels and blur, lots of light tweaking with spots, AO and skylight.

cute - keep it up

• TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

cute - keep it up

Thanks, I will. :)

Indoor lighting is a nightmare though. :S

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Cafe is now hosting all of the issues of C3DE, so to celebrate I spent way too much time arranging and rendering them as magazines in Carrara...

As a nifty new feature you can read an issue on site as a magazine :)
    http://carraracafe.com/c3de/
    Very sweet... oh... what the... so THAT's where my coffee mug went! Holly!

Very nice!
    edited April 2014

oh... what the... so THAT's where my coffee mug went! Holly!

!

:red: Oh... well, I just saw it lying around the kitchen at Cafe... I mean, you leave it in the sink and I wash it, as far as I'm concerned that is a legal salvage operation.

uh... finders keepers!

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

You're right. That's how I got the collection I have now ;)

edited December 1969

I've been messing with the shaders on these teeth for so long that I am traumatized and no longer am sure what real teeth look like...

Rikishi-Black_7_b.png
    600 x 800 - 387K
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited April 2014

It's Puddles the Clown! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtrbMy4mU4 )

Hi Stu,

I was looking through this thread when I was surprised to see what I thought was a photo of Puddles the Clown, only to realise that it was another of your most amazing 3d Caricatures. I follow Puddles the Clown on youtube, and I am in awe how you have captured not only his looks, but his quirky pose and hand movement in one picture, and used the lamp he always carries in real life performances, to light your render.
    This is truly a work of skillful art, that I feel is equal to, if not slightly more amazing than the jaw dropping 3d caricature you did some time ago of the late British comedian Sid James.

I am a great fan of your artworks, and include my own link to puddles the Clown singing, with his "trademark" lamp, and being accompanied by the talented Scott Bradlee and his musicians.

Hope you enjoy :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmCJEehYtU

Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks Musicplayer, what kind words! I only discovered Puddles a couple of weeks before I did the pic .Someone posted " I started a joke" on a Facebook thread and I just immersed myself for a week in Puddles. I like "Royals" just as much as "Team"!

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGk8ylOZRc

I'm strangely attracted to Monkeyzuma, so maybe a another pic is on the cards.......

edited December 1969

I've been messing with the shaders on these teeth for so long that I am traumatized and no longer am sure what real teeth look like...

He is one great looking character. I'm fairly certain that he doesn't have a smoking habit. I guess some people have really smooth teeth, but I usually try to add some bump to them. You probably did. It's so hard to get any bump to show in that specular highlight. I'm glad you put spec on his teeth. It looks much more realistic that way. His eyes are just awesome.

You got me staring at his teeth, so I put something out there... but I really think they look great.

edited December 1969

Got ya

4_1314_G.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 358K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Nice amphibian man bigh!

edited December 1969

Forgot to add a little something I've been building. Only half done so far.

temple.jpg
    1280 x 772 - 520K
    edited December 1969

Nice amphibian man bigh!
    Agreed. What is he doing? What is that in his hands?
    Yo, ep... really nice modeling, my friend. Looking really nice!
    edited December 1969

thanks guys

edited December 1969

Forgot to add a little something I've been building. Only half done so far.

looks great

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    Last render with sun light and shadow intensity matching those of the background.
    I added SSS, maybe a bit light, but it can clearly be seen at the shadow edges in the full sized imaged.
    The light dome is also casting shadows. It add a little more contrast a some (actually a lot) render time :-)

Sorry for not getting back to you in so much time. I'd say this looks much better than the original, the subtle degree of added shading grounds the render in realism more than the thinner shadows from the first example. Nice work!!

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Sorry for not getting back to you in so much time. I'd say this looks much better than the original, the subtle degree of added shading grounds the render in realism more than the thinner shadows from the first example. Nice work!!

Thank you Rashad for the appreciation.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

This is a Carrara render done by Ja Yoes. He is a member of the Carrara 3D User Group in Facebook.
    He does amazing renders.

Agreeing. That guy does amazing job with the program. :-)

On the side note, throwing in something. Fresh out of the software oven...might be a tad depressing though. 8-/

KRP2.png
    1440 x 628 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    This is a Carrara render done by Ja Yoes. He is a member of the Carrara 3D User Group in Facebook.
    He does amazing renders.

On the side note, throwing in something. Fresh out of the software oven...might be a tad depressing though. 8-/

I likey! Very nice job!

• edited April 2014

some nice stuff here

Post edited by brazilcoco_eeb9b90ce6 on
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    He does amazing renders.

I likey! Very nice job!Very nice! Love the lighting!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Must... stop... tweaking...

Primarily an investigation into volumetric lighting. I tweaked the colour of the spotlights after seeing a Dreamlight ad that was doing a similar thing (with the same scenery too!) Not up to your standards, but I like it!

Three lights used on this pic. Two are spotlights shining in through the windows. Originally I had that as a single light, but (a) the rays fanned out too much, and I wanted them to look more parallel, and (b) having volumetrics shining through all the windows just blew out the scene too much, losing a lot of the image detail. So I limited the volumetrics to one light through the closest window, and added a second light through the back windows without. This means you catch a dim glimpse of what's outside (actually, a couple of buildings from Stonemason's Abandoned City II). The third light is an uncoloured key light on V5. Although she's in the background, she's our actor, and so needs lighting.

Items used:
    Stonemason's Abandoned Interiors: Warehouse
    V5 Gabi
    Millennium Cat
    Dawn's Garden Statue (currently free at Hivewire3D)

The_Golden_Stash_16x10s.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 295K
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Must... stop... tweaking...

Primarily an investigation into volumetric lighting. I tweaked the colour of the spotlights after seeing a Dreamlight ad that was doing a similar thing (with the same scenery too!) Not up to your standards, but I like it!

Three lights used on this pic. Two are spotlights shining in through the windows. Originally I had that as a single light, but (a) the rays fanned out too much, and I wanted them to look more parallel, and (b) having volumetrics shining through all the windows just blew out the scene too much, losing a lot of the image detail. So I limited the volumetrics to one light through the closest window, and added a second light through the back windows without. This means you catch a dim glimpse of what's outside (actually, a couple of buildings from Stonemason's Abandoned City II). The third light is an uncoloured key light on V5. Although she's in the background, she's our actor, and so needs lighting.

Items used:
    Stonemason's Abandoned Interiors: Warehouse
    V5 Gabi
    Millennium Cat
    Dawn's Garden Statue (currently free at Hivewire3D)

When you say volumetrics were blowing out the scene, do you mean you're using volumetric clouds or something else to generate the light beams?

edited December 1969

No. Light Cone is volumetric light effect.

edited December 1969

I like it. I always tweak and tweak and tweak on this sort of thing too... In a case like this, with the falloff of the cone effect to try and get it it fade slightly throughout the scene. Seeing it here, without that fade... I must say, I think it looks really cool! Nice image!
    I do find something odd about Gabi having such a white light on her in this scene, but I like that too. So I just tell myself that there's a hidden light source near her that I simply cannot see from here ;)