Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Ha ha Dart, I didn't read your post but that's a flipping fantastic render - nice work!

(of course I read your post)

err I just remebered I didn't check out last night and the low rez cardinal and masked hero are back at their normal price - oh well....
    missed out again

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Ha ha Dart, I didn't read your post but that's a flipping fantastic render - nice work!

(of course I read your post)

err I just remebered I didn't check out last night and the low rez cardinal and masked hero are back at their normal price - oh well....
    missed out again

you should have not read his post then - see now you feel bad :down:

edited December 1969

Hows my hair
    its lovely

001_hair.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 366K
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hows my hair
    its lovely

Looks delicious in fact! :lol:

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    bigh said:
    Hows my hair
    its lovely

Looks delicious in fact! :lol:
    Ha hah :) that's very funny :)

Bigh I didn't really read the post ... Just kidding about that too :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hows my hair
    its lovely

I wasn't looking at the hair.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hows my hair
    its lovely

I wasn't looking at the hair.

Okay, the dragon has great nails too!

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

The set is Dream Light's Dream Lounge, additional furniture from Dystopia Office Pack 2. The ladies were created with Genesis with more hours tweaking the morphs and textures (bought from the store) than I'd care to spend next time! ;o)

Doc11.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 468K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2014

Very cool render, DADA_Universe!
    Here's one I just finished. Again, just having fun with nearly no time. I just got this cool car from the last render challenge, and thought it would look great with Howie's Country Lane. Working Man for M4 clothing fit the bill just right, in my opinion.
    The rotational and motion trail blurring done using Howler 9.2 - Just love that Dogwaffle. It's beginning to feel more like an extension of me rather than software, which is exactly what I was hoping for when I discovered it.

HF_C_Lane-GrandPrix_H.jpg
    1500 x 1035 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

DADA, I'd also like to comment on the skin shaders. Looks very nice. I like your blend between Highlight and Shininess on them. Turned out very natural looking. Nice job.

edited December 1969

Thanks Dartanbeck, full disclosure here, I actually stumbled on the highlights and shininess settings for the skin purely by mistake! I'll write a little bit about it below in case anyone else has had a hard time figuring out what to do for dark skinned characters. P.S. you do make a hard to ignore case for P.D. Howler....alas, this guy here is shy of new learning curves, given how Carrara still proves to be an unending source of mystery! Intrigued by your output nonetheless. Like I often joke about with a friend, I wish there was a device I could plug to the base of my skull like in the Matrix movie, shut my eyes for a few seconds, open them, roll my eye balls and say: I know XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (*replace the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with the next tool that needs to be learnt!)

Now to the skin textures:
    I moved the textures that came with the set I bought (Tynashe for V4) to an image editing software and adjusted the brightness and contrast to darken the skin to the sort of tone I needed for the characters I was working on, I saved the edited textures to a separate folder then I remapped the figures with the new textures. That seemed to work quite well for me (apart from the spot of trouble I had with genesis inside Carrara, after playing with the morphs to design the characters as I wanted them, the UVs didn't match the textures like before, so I had to go in to move all the UV vertices one by one till I got it right again for each character, this took almost two days for each character, I still wince whenever I remember!) for a while, in fact, it seemed just perfect till purely by chance (I must admit) I mistakenly arrived at the highlight and shininess setting that makes the skin look much better, I was adjusting something else and somehow found that having shininess at 1% and a multiplier function on highlights, source 1 being a white colour and source 2 value set to 8%, the skin came out pretty cool when rendered.

edited June 2014

DADA, nice picture! FYI If your map set came with spec maps, you would want to use them in the Highlight channel. You could try a multiplier if you wished, but in the past I haven't needed to.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Now that's something new for me to investigate. Thanks a lot EP!

edited December 1969

Here's one I just finished. Again, just having fun with nearly no time. I just got this cool car from the last render challenge, and thought it would look great with Howie's Country Lane. Working Man for M4 clothing fit the bill just right, in my opinion.
    The rotational and motion trail blurring done using Howler 9.2 - Just love that Dogwaffle. It's beginning to feel more like an extension of me rather than software, which is exactly what I was hoping for when I discovered it.

Nice job Dart!

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

my weekend work....

new_world.jpg
    1500 x 1036 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Nicely done! Did you use an image of the moons in the scene's backdrop to get them behind the clouds, or are they in the scene itself?

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Nicely done! Did you use an image of the moons in the scene's backdrop to get them behind the clouds, or are they in the scene itself?

there are two planets and they are in the scene itself

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

pimpy said:
    my weekend work....

Very impressive.

The lighting is great, giving the scene a nice mood, both familiar an alien at the same time.
    I love especially the metal shaders on the platforms and the plants growing on the mountain side.

If I were to improve something on this already wonderful work, I would just jag a bit the sediment lines and add more variation (size, orientation) on the trees to give it a more natural look. But, as I said, It may not need it as it is already a very nice job.

edited December 1969

Nice work Dart, must have been tempting to put some goggles on Mike ;)
    You made me get out one of Howie's scenes the maze,
    Howie must be running some machine when he designs these things
    I'm rendering it so I can play around in post and maybe do the shadow catcher thing

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

new ToonPro look

Doc119.png
    640 x 640 - 56K
    Doc118.png
    640 x 640 - 61K
    edited December 1969

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh :)
    tutorial please :)

edited June 2014

sorry double post

Post edited by Headwax on
  • TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Nothing special.
    Just some fanart from The Incredibles.

the_incredible_elastigirl__by_tourqeglare-d7lof5n.jpg
    695 x 1149 - 151K
    edited June 2014

Nothing special.

Very good!

Most people freak out when their figures do crazy things like that! ;-)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42530/

Oh wait! That was you! D'oh! :red:

Now we're just waiting for a render of her daughter, in Super mode. :lol:

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Nothing special.

Very good!

Most people freak out when their figures do crazy things like that! ;-)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42530/

Oh wait! That was you! D'oh! :red:

Now we're just waiting for a render of her daughter, in Super mode. :lol:

Oh you! LOL

I actually did this by exporting V4 as an OBJ file, and then gave her a custom skeleton with way, way too many bones.
    The result was... incredible, I'll say. HA HA HA HA!
    Poke through was minimal, and unexpected mesh issues were everywhere, but fortunately, they are easy to hide or photoshop away.
    There literally was no photoshoping except to fix those issues, I'm pleased with the results.

edited December 1969

new ToonPro look
    Very nice Holly! Great inspiration for me to buy the plugin.
    edited December 1969

Nothing special.
    Very cool, indeed! ;)
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I love that Elastagirl!

Doc52.png
    1280 x 720 - 467K
    edited December 1969

Aiko 6 :coolsmile:

001_Aiko_6.jpg
    800 x 800 - 88K
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

nice texturing and lighting bigh.
    another test on foliage and greenery. Fake GI: AO + directional light + volumetric cloud dome

w.jpg
    1500 x 643 - 230K