Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited August 2013

@Jstryder, what method did you use to get the light rays?
    I tried to use volumetric world to gets some light rays in the past, and it totally didn't work and I have no idea why. I have an unfinished scene because of it I need to get back to at some point.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

These Streaming Rays by Frozencry are free and render fast. It's worth a try, I've used them several times.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

I used something similar to the ones Horo has mentioned. I actually used the default "lit Rays" from Bryce 5 and modified it and used elongated cones.

Oh and then of course, being me I postworked it using a Photo filter

Enchanted_Forest_postworked.jpg
    1601 x 900 - 559K
    Enchanted_forested_5.jpg
    1601 x 900 - 731K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2013

Didn't know about those rays, just downloaded the file as currenlty doing some cave-work where light-rays are required. Cheers to Frozencry (and Horo, for the link).

Guss...love your last mobius one best. Just thinking aloud, but wouldn't all these mobious's (mobiuii (?)) renders so far submitted in this thread make for some wonderful jewellery; like a brooch etc., Bet they would be extremely hard to craft, though...but very unique in their own right.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Chohole; Beautiful job!!! nice pictures and rays

This one I called; Lost Puppy

Lost_Puppy.jpg
    1175 x 586 - 758K
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

@Jstryder, what method did you use to get the light rays?
    I tried to use volumetric world to gets some light rays in the past, and it totally didn't work and I have no idea why. I have an unfinished scene because of it I need to get back to at some point.

The visible ray is just a primitive cylinder with the "Lit Rays" material on the far right of the attached screenshot. I put a spotlight inside the cylinder aligned with the cylinder. I used IBL ("use sky") for diffuse lighting. Other fill lights would also work.

You can also make a spot light itself visible and apply the same material. This worked with a conical spotlight but might not work with other types of lights; I tried a round parallel light and could not make it visible. David Brinnen has a video tutorial or two out there with some more details and alternate approaches for various kinds of rays. I was not strictly following anything in those videos but do remember he did something similar in at least one of the videos. There are no doubt different ways to make a ray with different advantages and rendering time costs.

When using a Lit Ray material on a light or primitive, you may need to adjust the material from illuminating in the "ambient" channel to the "diffusion" channel if doing a True Ambient rendering. Using the default material with True Ambience created some odd artifacts visible in the second image below. In this case the ray is an elongated conical spot light, made visible, with default settings for the stripey Lit Ray material. What is odd is that the ambient light is cast outside of the ray but not inside; also the intersection of the ray with the floor surface is not perfectly elliptical but is truncated for some inexplicable reason. If the light cast away from the ray could be flipped it would make for a more natural looking render, perhaps by flipping the normals, but I don't know how to do that in Bryce or whether it is even possible with a spotlight object.

Hope that helps.

Chocolate_Elephant_TA.jpg
    918 x 1188 - 534K
    CaptureLight.JPG
    630 x 299 - 34K
    edited December 1969

@Trish - this is a very nice render.

edited December 1969

Thank You Horo!!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited December 1969

JStryder: - the elephant render is cool- more like a circus scene with the spotlight on the main star.

Guss – I like all your latest mobius renders, the last one is awesome.

David – love the toon one.

Trish – beautiful render – I couldn’t find the puppy till I zoomed the image, :)

My attempts at David’s neon tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crphpoa1gg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDhpbef8HE

The last one is trying the neon material on a terrain.

neon4.jpg
    960 x 720 - 42K
    neon3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 16K
    neon2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 18K
    bunny-neoneffect.jpg
    500 x 500 - 26K
    edited August 2013

Chohole; Beautiful job!!! nice pictures and rays

This one I called; Lost Puppy

Nice one :coolsmile:

Edited to add You should post it here as well, is a friendly challenge, no prizes or anything

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited August 2013

Hey folks, nice work as always... still need more time to try a lot of these things.

Here are 2 new abstracts, top one tiled...

simplicity69dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    symmetries43dev.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 3M
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited August 2013

Thanks Chohole I sent it over

Mermaid thank you I like your bunnies and mountain

TLBKlaus; Beautiful detail!! why don't you do a tutorial??? please.....

Post edited by Trish on
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

ty! I do have a couple of tuts up at dA.. :D

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/gallery/23740676

edited August 2013

TLBKlaus; thanks for the link I will check them out.......WOW this is super fun!!! Thank you soooo much!!! here is my first one....

abstract2.jpg
    1159 x 578 - 358K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the light rays info everybody, I'm going to dig up and revisit that abandoned render when I get a chance.

edited August 2013

well I had a couple more but something is up with this page.......I will try later can't get it to accept pictures

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - ah, an electric bunny.

@TLBKlaus - looking great.

@Trish - seems you got the hang of them. Nice pinkish abstract.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited August 2013

playing around with ambience and a curvature filter..

figured out how to light up the edges of a torus ( after giving it a rather sharp curve)

rgb-rings2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 825K
    rgb-rings.jpg
    800 x 800 - 685K
    Post edited by Rareth on
    edited August 2013

Thanks Horo not sure I have it yet I need more details.....any ideas???

Rareth; really like those nice colors

abby1a.jpg
    1262 x 630 - 529K
    abstract3b.jpg
    1336 x 666 - 478K
    abby88ab.jpg
    1280 x 639 - 620K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you very much.

@Trish: Lost Puppy is really nice. And the abstracts, looks like you've been bit. They're very good. And thanks.

@David: Wow. I immediately started looking for a video when my hind brain kicked in and I realized what I was seeing. Both of the first two are way so neat looking, and I agree with Horo about the last one. So way cool. And thank you.

@Pam: I expect to see two, or more, kids come running down the steps to play in the stream. It's very beautiful. The second image reminds me of when a person is looking back at a memory, with the way the rays are lit. Both are stunning.

@Jay: Thanks, glad you like them.

@mermaid: Yeah, the last one does sort of grow on you, thanks. Love those rabbits. The last one looks like a reflection of the cone. Nice work.

@TLBKlaus: Gorgeous works.

@Rareth: That first image is really neat, but the second one is so cool. Looks like some of the vintage lights in a box.

Okay, so David threw out another mobius type object, complete with video, and I had to give it a go. I made one with "normal" parts and one with the outer part as a grid work. I also stumbled upon another terrain texture which I used in all of the images below. Looking at the object with the grid work, I think you'll agree that the grid is too thin to really be very effective. But it was neat to make anyway. The first image is larger than what I wanted to post, but it was rendering and I decided what the heck.

Cube_Mobius_4.png
    570 x 570 - 731K
    Cube_Mobius_3.png
    570 x 570 - 715K
    Cube_Mobius_2.png
    570 x 570 - 710K
    Cube_Mobius_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    edited August 2013

Guss: Beautiful work!! can't make up my mind between the first and second one only one way to tell please put the second outside material on the first inside and leave the ground material in the first one........Thanks

star_abbeyabb.jpg
    1140 x 569 - 470K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - curvature effect looks great. The second one is very cool. It looks as if there was a light ray shining down. the coarse texture - or is it noise? - contrasts very nicely to the neat coloures rings.

@Trish - a new series of well done abstract.

@GussNemo - Those came out very good. Well, the grid is thin, it has already a look of a veil. This might have its uses for another project. Good idea to try it out here.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much Horo!!

• edited August 2013

Made entirely within bryce.
    Different angles depict different moods

6_Render1.JPG
    1800 x 1200 - 914K
    6.JPG
    768 x 512 - 197K
    Post edited by saurabh.gayali_170a152edd on
  • edited December 1969

Minion playground.
    Entirely made in bryce.
    Rendered with different angles

7_Render3.jpg
    768 x 512 - 26K
    7.JPG
    768 x 512 - 167K
  • edited December 1969

Circular mirrors.

Reflection played in bryce.

Color adjustment and Noise addition in Photoshop

mod1.jpg
    750 x 495 - 263K
  • edited December 1969

A Snapshot of Z DNA from GENETICS
    Made entirely in bryce

Also selected for Internal cover of Biotechniques magazine

http://www.biotechniques.com/BiotechniquesJournal/supplements/2009/December/?service=print

Molecular_Genetics.JPG
    1280 x 853 - 976K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Great renders saurabh.gayali, I particularly like the effect you got in mod1 and the choice of colour.

Trish I see is forging ahead with abstracts, abby1a has nice contrast and again I go for the golden orange colours.

Jamie, well done with the modelling, I will however make a suggestion, that is that you might want to consider a less "busy" background for your models, the nice geometries you have is getting somewhat overwhelmed by the textures you have chosen for your ground.

Rareth, interest and good also because not many people brave experimenting with curvature.

TLBKlaus, I can only echo Horo's comment. These look great, in particular the upper image has an Egyptian/Art Deco feel about it. Which I really like. And it's predominant golden, orange yellow hue.

Mermaid, well done following the tutorials, those are quite advanced effects and not all that simple to set up as I know.

Pam... the postworked version, I like that better. Less, pastally ;)

Still tinkering with twisted shapes...

Modeled in Wing3d by adapting this approach Wings 3D project - twisted mobius cube interlocking shape thing* - by David Brinnen

But instead of a cube consisting of 8 cubes and linked with 12 twists I used 27 cubes and 36(I think) twists.

Bryce then Octane.

Bryce render using this environment http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-integrated-rtr-environments-and-lighting and materials from here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-50-metals-the-heating-room-set .

Bigger_twisted_cube1_wip2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 266K
    Kitchen_rtr_rrp64_v8.jpg
    850 x 850 - 236K
    edited December 1969

@saurabh.gayali - welcome to the Bryce forum! Very interesting shapes you came up with. I really do like the DNA one.

@David - the shape with the red edge looks excellent. Both renders are very good. For an unfathomable reason, I prefer the Bryce one. ;-)

edited December 1969

A Snapshot of Z DNA from GENETICS
    Made entirely in bryce

Also selected for Internal cover of Biotechniques magazine

http://www.biotechniques.com/BiotechniquesJournal/supplements/2009/December/?service=print

Wow neat DNA strand,, and as Horo says, nice to see another new face joining in here,

welcome.

This discussion has been closed.