Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Rareth - curvature effect looks great. The second one is very cool. It looks as if there was a light ray shining down. the coarse texture - or is it noise? - contrasts very nicely to the neat coloures rings.

@Trish - a new series of well done abstract.

@GussNemo - Those came out very good. Well, the grid is thin, it has already a look of a veil. This might have its uses for another project. Good idea to try it out here.

its a coarse texture breaking up the reflection..

here is another experiment with using the curvature filter to control ambient, this one was a bit more tricky to get to work.. an edge blend filter would have worked better.

torusknot2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 503K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited December 1969

Trish – Thanks. Your abstracts are cool
    TLBKlaus - Beautiful as usual.
    Horo – Thanks
    Rareth – Your renders with the curvature filter are awesome especially the last one.
    Guss – Thanks, your mobius objects are lovely, I like them all.
    Saurabh.gayali - Great renders – love the 1st two – the different moods.
    David – Thanks for the encouragement and your effort to make the videos available for us. Much appreciated. The new objects are awesome, I also prefer the Bryce Render.

• edited December 1969

Theme name- Beauty and the brain.

Made in Bryce.
    Still have the file but lost camera settings.

Wall5.JPG
    1280 x 960 - 882K
  • edited December 1969

Theme name, Floral therapy.
    Made in bryce

Copy_of_Floral_Therapy_print.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 235K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969
    Sketch1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 260K
  • edited December 1969

AmaZING effect.
    thanks for tutorials

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited August 2013

saurabh.gayal: Welcome to the group!! you DNA is neat...I really like the Beauty and the brain very nice effect

Rareth: your curvature experiments are going well

David: pencil sketch that is interesting...I will be sure to check that one out!! Thanks for all of your tutorials by the way I really enjoy them.

This is a render with post work....pen and watercolor ...Paint.Net a free program... I use it to resize my stuff and other fun things....meanwhile back at the ranch...done with abstracts for awhile.....on to a new landscape titled....New Visitor

New_visitor.jpg
    1190 x 594 - 716K
    jumpers.jpg
    970 x 484 - 522K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • edited December 1969

saurabh.gayal: Welcome to the group!! you DNA is neat...I really like the Beauty and the brain very nice effect

Rareth: your curvature experiments are going well

David: pencil sketch that is interesting...I will be sure to check that one out!! Thanks for all of your tutorials by the way I really enjoy them.

This is a render with post work....pen and watercolor ...Paint.Net a free program... I use it to resize my stuff and other fun things....meanwhile back at the ranch...done with abstracts for awhile.....on to a new landscape titled....New Visitor

Really good work

I really miss this kind of rendering in Bryce. I loved XSI for such toon rendering and pencil effects too. APart from that when I know that pencil effect is now possible with bryce just by tweaking Rendering options, I wish to have presets for render options in bryce.

I hope soon this watercolor sort of effect could also be discovered to be rendered within bryce

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

And here is the Transcript of the video.

@Trish - looking really nice.

• EternalOneEternalOne Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

Hello...Names Mike. Never posted here before, so i thought id break the ice with some of my scenes made from Bryce 5-7.

All characters in these pics were constructed with metaball and a primative skeleton and made posable.

Any historical landscapes such as Thermopylea, Greece (Hotgates), were constructed from DEMs of the area, then modified for time/erosion.

No exact science to any of it......just spend lots of time on each scene, while scenes continue to grow into whole worlds/universes.

Enjoy! :)

father2.jpg
    800 x 640 - 234K
    hotgates.jpg
    1185 x 600 - 343K
    spatans.jpg
    543 x 933 - 270K
    draglake.jpg
    784 x 583 - 254K
    dragfight.jpg
    800 x 800 - 324K
    Post edited by EternalOne on
    edited August 2013

Hello Mike and welcome to the group.....Very nice renders!!! Great modeling work also!!

Horo: thanks for the video on clouds very good and appreciate the link to the transcript....ok david I might be hooked on another concept here.....I am liking the pencil renders more and more!!! good video!!

Post edited by Trish on
  • Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Now those bring back memories! I used to make posable Bryce models at one time, though I stopped experimenting with them long before metaballs became available. Most of them were vehicles with opening doors and the like, a few were jointed robots. I never tried making a human I will say, that's a huge amount of work.

edited August 2013

OK, another thanks to David Brinnen for a modelling tutorial; I used Blender not Wings 3D, but still, thanks!

"The Small Metal Universe".

Mobius-Cube-02.jpg
    1880 x 846 - 198K
    Post edited by Fire Angel on
  • edited August 2013

OK, another thanks to David Brinnen for a modelling tutorial; I used Blender not Wings 3D, but still, thanks!

Blender is good and is free. Thats how it beats many other modelling programs, though the inbuilt renderer is not so strong. The DAZ Hexagon is still not handy and that powerful for modelling. And again need to switch between Hexagon for modelling (I dont know it supports rig creation or not), DAZ studio for composting and animating, and then Bryce for rendering is a bit tedious. Using Blender at least reduce 1 step, cause Bryce is better render.

I personally am an Amateur in modelling. Still I found MOI (Moment of Inspiration) as the best modelling tool. I have tried learning Maya and 3DS Max for years and failed. While MOI took me just 1 day to learn tools and I started modelling from day 1. Unlike MAYA, Max and Blender, MOI only supports modelling and texturing. Rigging, animation and rendering not available. But its really a small program causing no load on PC like Maya and Blender which are kind of Heavy on Hard Disk as well as RAM. I just wish MOI could be free.

Any user trying to learn modelling?? I suggest try MOI once. The trial works for 14 days.

Post edited by saurabh.gayali_170a152edd on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the Pencil sketch tutorial.
    I converted some of my Bryce files in that way too :)
    And the premium renderer gave me some charcoal effect too :)

10_sketch.jpg
    750 x 495 - 197K
    8_sketch.jpg
    750 x 495 - 172K
    6_sketch.jpg
    768 x 512 - 104K
  • edited August 2013

Here is another example of same file rendered through different settings of rendering
    1. Normal file
    3. Premium renderer, Blur reflection on, Rays per pixel=36, HDRI on.
    2. Material diffusion =0, Premium renderer with above settings except, HDRI off, Atmosphere off, color=white.

Sorry guys, But really edited many times, but couldnt get the order right
    I think forum miss this feature??

Bryce_bangle_sk_bw.jpg
    768 x 512 - 138K
    Bryce_bangle_sk_color.jpg
    768 x 512 - 234K
    Bryce_bangle.JPG
    768 x 512 - 121K
    Post edited by saurabh.gayali_170a152edd on
    edited August 2013

Blender is good and is free. Thats how it beats many other modelling programs, though the inbuilt rendered is not so strong. The DAZ Hexagon is still not handy and that powerful for modelling. And again need to switch between Hexagon for modelling (I dont know it supports rig creation or not), DAZ studio for composting and animating, and then Bryce for rendering is a bit tedious. Using Blender at least reduce 1 step, cause Bryce is better render.

I personally am an Amateur in modelling. Still I found MOI (Moment of Inspiration) as the best modelling tool. I have tried learning Maya and 3DS Max for years and failed. While MOI took me just 1 day to learn tools and I started modelling from day 1. Unlike MAYA, Max and Blender, MOI only supports modelling and texturing. Rigging, animation and rendering not available. But its really a small program causing no load on PC like Maya and Blender which are kind of Heavy on Hard Disk as well as RAM. I just wish MOI could be free.

Any user trying to learn modelling?? I suggest try MOI once. The trial works for 14 days.

You obviously don't know Blender; I'm amazed that anyone would call it hard on memory or disk space.

In addition Blender's renderers (there are two not one) are both superb, in capable hands they can do pretty much anything you want and will definitely far exceed what Bryce can do. This is a Bryce forum so I'm posting Bryce renders. Blender is tiny and also very economical with memory, so where you got the idea from that it's huge I don't know. I only have 6Gb of RAM in my Mac and Blender hardly ever uses more than a third of that when I check on it, and so far that has only happened when I've been rendering animations or building scenes with many millions of polygons.

Blender is a mere 84Mb to download on the Mac (the current 64 bit version) and 179Mb once unzipped. In that 179Mb it has full polygon modelling, a subdivision surface system, nurbs modelling (the nurbs implementation is weak in some ways but it's there), very good UV mapping facilities, full rigging including a constraint system, a robust instancing system, two embedded rendering systems, a node based material system, an embedded video editor and a full compositor plus colour correction capabilities. It also has an embedded programming language and a highly customisable user interface, a separate plug-in architecture so that C programmers can write plug-ins, a fluid simulator, a smoke and flame simulator, a soft-body physics engine and a hard-body physics engine, a full particle system with hair and fur capabilities and yes, even camera and object tracking so you can use it to combine video or digitised film and CG elements you make in Blender. There is a 3D sculpt engine akin to Z-Brush (no it's not as good as Z-Brush, but it is still very good) and 3D texture paint capabilities. Oh, and there's a full programmable 3D game engine in there too. There is more but my memory doesn't recall it all at such short notice. One guy at Pixar recently said that in skilled hands Blender can do anything that Pixar do and at the same quality. All that in 179Mb? That's a minor miracle of memory efficiency.

Blender is tiny for what it can do. Yes, if you have a program that can only do modelling and UV mapping and maybe texturing, it ought to be smaller. But I've never found Blender demanding on memory or hard disk space and I've built scenes with it that have many millions of polygons. Far bigger even than the huge files I've built in Bryce 5.

Um, I like it, can you tell? :red:

edited December 1969

Here is another example of same file rendered through different settings of rendering
    1. Normal file
    3. Premium renderer, Blur reflection on, Rays per pixel=36, HDRI on.
    2. Material diffusion =0, Premium renderer with above settings except, HDRI off, Atmosphere off, color=white.

Sorry guys, But really edited many times, but couldnt get the order right
    I think forum miss this feature??

Yes, the forum is missing some important features and has many bugs still, so it's not your fault.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Still playing with some grassy stuff.

Fence.jpg
    650 x 650 - 270K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Thank you. Since you asked nicely the first image below is for you. You really have the hang of making abstracts, that one is really nice. And the horse images, great.

@Horo: Thank you very much. I think the gird would work if there is a way to increase the size. I can see it used as a wire frame above some other type of object, though.

@saurabh: Welcome, the more the merrier. Those first four images are neat looking. Beauty and Brain is a real eye catcher, nice. After seeing your pencil sketch images, and David's, I may give that a go. Really like those rings. They actually look like they could be pulled.

@David: Whoa...twisted sisters here. I will give that video a go, for sure. I like both images, especially the material on the outside of the Octane render. Octane really seems to produce real good glass. That particular material was the first decided to try with that TE DTE texture. Actually, I was a bit happy something finally resulted I didn't worry about the material.

@Rareth: That a really nice looking grid. How did you create it? I made one following one of David's tutorials but as you see it's way to thin.

@eternalone: Welcome, Mike, hope to see more of your work. Those images look real nice. Metaballs, huh? Nice.

@Fire Angel: That's a neat image.

@Dave: Sure glad I don't have to mow that grass, those mounds would be a trick. I keep telling my better half we need to get some goats and I wouldn't have to mow. :-)

I saw David's two ring cube and immediately had an idea. Out of memory made me realize that idea wasn't going to work, but another, crystallized one, might. After the image for Trish, the rest are the crystallized ones.

Intrude_Cube_Ring_Ped_4.png
    750 x 750 - 834K
    Intrude_Cube_Ring_Ped_3.png
    750 x 750 - 985K
    Intrude_Cube_Ring_Ped_2.png
    750 x 750 - 871K
    Intrude_Cube_Ring_Ped_1.png
    750 x 750 - 810K
    Cube_Mobius_1_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Here's the fifth image I did of the above setup.

Intrude_Cube_Ring_Ped_5.png
    750 x 750 - 930K
    edited August 2013

GussNemo my favourite of that batch is the first one, it's got superb materials and a good point-of-view for showing them off.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@eternalone - welcome to the Bryce forum. Very interesting renders. Great that you construct the objects yourself.

@saurabh.gayali - good to see the pencil sketch renders of your earlier scenes.

@Dave - looking good.

@GussNemo - now I wonder why I like those backgrounds. I've never thought of using them that way. The grids look particularly good to me.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited December 1969

David and Horo – love the pencil sketch effect.
    Horo – thanks for the link for the transcript.
    Trish – beautiful renders
    eternalone – very interesting renders.
    saurabh.gayali – lovely work - my fav the Floral therapy and the pencil sketch effects.
    Fire Angel – I like your version of David’s tutorial.
    Dave - looking good.
    GussNemo – wow awesome renders, love all the new renders

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

[quote author="GussNemo" date="1377674743
    @Rareth: That a really nice looking grid. How did you create it? I made one following one of David's tutorials but as you see it's way to thin.

@GussNemo
    I followed the same tutorial of David's for the Grid, I think the bevel size before the intrude is the key to how thick the Grid is going t turn out.

you've done a really awesome job with your Wings3d models.

here is my take on David's pencil sketch tutorial..

pencil-sketch.jpg
    875 x 875 - 437K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

Horo, a question. This product is blilled as working in DS, Carrara and Poser. Will it also work in Bryce do you think?

http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/hdr-prosets-yosemite-pack-one

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Guss; thank you !! now I know for sure that is the one!!! My favorite!!!

Dave that grass gets taller every time I see it..... better model a mower....LOL

Ok who ever is there I am really bugged by this something is wrong with it and I am not sure what.......Help!!!...Please..Thanks in advance Trish

P.S. Rareth I really like the pencil sketch!!!

Untitled.jpg
    1359 x 788 - 770K
    edited August 2013

Chohole: I just bought it that product.....Trying to figure that out now...It might take more than me to figure it out!!! ok I made some pictures of the product I exported it as a wavefront object
    Image 1 heres what it looks like when imported

image2 rendered

another render this is it buried half way in the ground plane this thing is huge its just one of the 6 balls...I have never used anything like this so look at the pictures and you tell me...you just zoom in and around for different shots

I took a radial inside it with me...maybe that's how you use the thing I am not sure....When you open it in daz you seam to be inside the thing...cause you can spin in a circle and its all around you....Horo or David...need your help on how to do this ....please...You can't beat it for the pc price I will use it somehow...The pictures are beautiful and this is just a quick render

image3.jpg
    678 x 338 - 220K
    image2.jpg
    993 x 495 - 411K
    image1.jpg
    744 x 419 - 123K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited August 2013

In daz you are inside the thing heres a shot of that

exp2.jpg
    772 x 443 - 233K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah OK, I get it. Have used things like that, I just scale them up so that the camera is inside the skydome. The forest ones I posted earlier are inside a sky dome.

This discussion has been closed.