UltraScatterPro - v1.0.1 released [commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited December 2018

I think everything depends on the person, who uses the product.

For me UltraScatterPro makes sense and I have already 1000s ideas about how to use it.

even though some of its functionality, is still a mystery to me.

What I have found, there are some products in the Daz store, that are harder to use for me

and I am trying to overcome the difficulties, if possible.

The other thing, worth to remember about the human brain:

Use it or Loose it.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344
    edited December 2018
    genejoke said:
    gerster said:
    gerster said:

3dOutlaw said:

So, does this combine the stuff in UltraScatter (original) with new Pro features into one product, or is it a set of new tools/options altogether (i.e. you would still need the original for those original features)  Based on the higher price, I was thinking this "replaces" the original?

UltraScatterPro does contain (and enhances) all of the original script's features.

With the end of the Holiday sale I went ahead and picked up Ultrascatter Pro, even though I already have Ultrascatter. Do I need to uninstall UltraScatter before installing Ultrascatter Pro; or will UltraScatter Pro simply overwrite UltraScatter?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    genejoke said:
    gerster said:
    gerster said:

3dOutlaw said:

So, does this combine the stuff in UltraScatter (original) with new Pro features into one product, or is it a set of new tools/options altogether (i.e. you would still need the original for those original features)  Based on the higher price, I was thinking this "replaces" the original?

UltraScatterPro does contain (and enhances) all of the original script's features.

With the end of the Holiday sale I went ahead and picked up Ultrascatter Pro, even though I already have Ultrascatter. Do I need to uninstall UltraScatter before installing Ultrascatter Pro; or will UltraScatter Pro simply overwrite UltraScatter?

They are separate products. You do not have to uninstall UltraScatter and UltraScatterPro will not overwrite it. (It is just like Victoria 8 doesn't overwtite Victoria 7.)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Wishlisted this for now, I own the first one but rarely used it, but once I figure that one out l’ll get this one :)

• barbult said:
    genejoke said:
    gerster said:
    gerster said:

3dOutlaw said:

They are separate products. You do not have to uninstall UltraScatter and UltraScatterPro will not overwrite it. (It is just like Victoria 8 doesn't overwtite Victoria 7.)

Thanks. It is nice to know you can have both installed simultaneously; but would there be any reason to keep Ultrascatter when Ultrascatter Pro is supposed to do everything (and more) UltraScatter does?

edited December 2018
    barbult said:
    genejoke said:
    gerster said:
    gerster said:

3dOutlaw said:

Thanks. It is nice to know you can have both installed simultaneously; but would there be any reason to keep Ultrascatter when Ultrascatter Pro is supposed to do everything (and more) UltraScatter does?

I think you can get by with just UltraScatterPro. UltraScatterPro does things like rotation maps differently (more intrutively) than the original UltraScatter. But if you have a bunch of rotation maps created that you like to use, that would be a reason you might want to hang onto and use UltraScatter some times.

Post edited by barbult on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Does the Pro make anything easier to understand than the original?  I only ask, because I have the first one, and never managed to get it to do anything, and felt like I bled out trying ;-P  All I ever got was error messages.

Same here, could never get the original to do anything the way I wanted it or even close and unfortunately at the moment I'm not having much success with the the Pro version either.

scorpio said:

Does the Pro make anything easier to understand than the original?  I only ask, because I have the first one, and never managed to get it to do anything, and felt like I bled out trying ;-P  All I ever got was error messages.

Same here, could never get the original to do anything the way I wanted it or even close and unfortunately at the moment I'm not having much success with the the Pro version either.

@scorpio, I use UltraScatterPro a lot. I might be able to help. Can you describe a specific issue that you are having that we can try to resolve?

edited December 2018

I loaded each of the butterflies from Wonders of Nature. I put them into a Group. I created a cube inside the building. I selected the Group of butterflies and did a volume scatter in the cube. I rescattered a few times, changing the distribution seed each time, until I liked the position and variety of butterflies within the camera view. The butterfly on her finger was manually positioned, not an instance. That way I could control its position.

The list of products used is in my Gallery.

Butterfly House

Privare Garden butterflies SOx2 and 4 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • RevrndRevrnd Posts: 10

Stupid question, but is there scope to include an "upgrade" for those who hold Ultrascatter and would like to expand upon it's capability by going Pro, without having to duplicate the purchase?

Kinda like the add-ons for scenes and outfits, requirement to have purchased the original before being elligible to use Pro?

Love your work though, if I didn't already have Ultrascatter, I'd have bought the Pro version in a heartbeat.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Revrnd said:

Stupid question, but is there scope to include an "upgrade" for those who hold Ultrascatter and would like to expand upon it's capability by going Pro, without having to duplicate the purchase?

Kinda like the add-ons for scenes and outfits, requirement to have purchased the original before being elligible to use Pro?

Love your work though, if I didn't already have Ultrascatter, I'd have bought the Pro version in a heartbeat.

ditto

barbult said:
    scorpio said:

@scorpio, I use UltraScatterPro a lot. I might be able to help. Can you describe a specific issue that you are having that we can try to resolve?

Thanks, I've been busy last several days so haven't had a chance to look at this again. I will post with what I'm finding confusing hopefully today or tomorrow. Appreciate the offer of help, especially as the creator seems to be missing.

• Totally awesome product!  I didn't have any difficulty getting it to work, but I would have to say that reading the user guide is a must, which for me it usually isn't with most products.

Totally awesome product!  I didn't have any difficulty getting it to work, but I would have to say that reading the user guide is a must, which for me it usually isn't with most products.

I read the user guide I still can't get objects to group closely, whatever I do when doing a surface scatter the objects are well out of range of the camera often on the very edge of the surface. I've had more luck with the volume scatter.

As the creator of the product does not seem to be interested in helping I've decided to return the product and not purchase or recommend this vendor again.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051
    scorpio said:

Totally awesome product!  I didn't have any difficulty getting it to work, but I would have to say that reading the user guide is a must, which for me it usually isn't with most products.

I read the user guide I still can't get objects to group closely, whatever I do when doing a surface scatter the objects are well out of range of the camera often on the very edge of the surface. I've had more luck with the volume scatter.

As the creator of the product does not seem to be interested in helping I've decided to return the product and not purchase or recommend this vendor again.

Did you at least submit a help ticket at Daz? Because they're the ones supposed to handle support (that's part of the agreement vendors have with Daz), not the vendor directly....

Leana said:
    scorpio said:

Did you at least submit a help ticket at Daz? Because they're the ones supposed to handle support (that's part of the agreement vendors have with Daz), not the vendor directly....

Then why have a commercial forum where vendors put posts up about their products.

No I haven't put in a ticket and won't. I doubt there's anything wrong with the product I just can't get it to do what I think its suppose to be able to do. 

I agree DAZ3D is there for support if there is something wrong etc, not to explain how a product is supposed to work. 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited January 2019
    scorpio said:

If you could describe with some sort of detail what your problem is then someone could actually help you but "It doesn't do what I want" is a bit vague to go on. You also had an offer of help from Barbult who's knowledge of UltraScatter is unparalleled but did not take up the offer so I thought the issue was resolved.

Also - Christmas break and my dad dying in hospital meant I'm kinda not super available right now.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
    scorpio said:

If you could describe with some sort of detail what your problem is then someone could actually help you but "It doesn't do what I want" is a bit vague to go on. You also had an offer of help from Barbult who's knowledge of UltraScatter is unparalleled but did not take up the offer so I thought the issue was resolved.

Also - Christmas break and my dad dying in hospital meant I'm kinda not super available right now.

I'm really sorry to hear about your father. 

I am still here to try to help @scorpio, if he wants to try again. But not every product suits every customer, no matter how much others love it, so he may choose to exercise his right to return it and move on.

edited January 2019

Here is my latest UltraScatterPro image where I used the Mossy Hollow Botanica terrain and distribution maps with a lot of other landscape products I own. It gives it a whole new look. I like the colorful old Poser flower props scattered along the path. I think they are cheery looking. I've done several versions with various props and posted a couple others in the Mossy Hollow Botanica thread.

Mossy Hollow Flowers Bushes Weeds Grass Maples PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited January 2019

Here is something different:

I created a low resolution large sphere and converted it to polylines with a Daz sample script. Then I scattered a group of three small colored spheres on the polylines. I played around with several different random and 3D noise scaling choices, but these renders are without scale variation.

UltraScatterPro Scatter on Polylines with underlying sphere.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    UltraScatterPro Scatter on Polylines.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

polylines humm very cool. My I ask where is this sample script can be located. I can vaguely remember seeing a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find the darn thing. :)

Szark said:

polylines humm very cool. My I ask where is this sample script can be located. I can vaguely remember seeing a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find the darn thing. :)

I've edited my post to include a link to the script. It is named Generate Polyline Wireframe. It requires DS 4.11.

ok thanks barbult

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Hello Howie

for my question about exporting in a CSV file (for Octane for example). I found a script made by Tofusan at sharecg.

I also discovered that Ultrascatter create a node for each group of 1000 instances (perhaps DS4 limit)  so I must make as many exports as instances nodes.

If you have time to make an upgrade you are more than welcome !

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited February 2019
    smaker1 said:

Hello Howie

for my question about exporting in a CSV file (for Octane for example). I found a script made by Tofusan at sharecg.

I also discovered that Ultrascatter create a node for each group of 1000 instances (perhaps DS4 limit)  so I must make as many exports as instances nodes.

If you have time to make an upgrade you are more than welcome !

About the 1000 instances per node - that was because I found that a bug/feature of Studio is that as you increase the number of instances in an instance group node it then takes an exponentially longer time to delete the instance group. A group with 1000 takes a fraction of a second to delete but one with 5000 might take a few seconds and one with 100,000 would takes minutes. So keeping it to 1000 allows the script to rescatter etc much much faster that if there was no limit.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Thanks for the info Howie.

My workflow is now in place. I save each scatter objets one by one. The only little default I find in Tofusan script is that it doesn't memorize the last saving folder but thanks to him, I can use the scattering in Octane. 

About Ultrascatter: I must also say BRAVO! The more I use it, the more I found it fantastic. As it keep all scattering informations, it's very efficient to try/adjust parameters.

Thanks for this essential tool!  

• TKATKA Posts: 27
    Revrnd said:

Same thoughts here.

If there's an upgrade option for those who have already paid in full, for the now outclased older scipt, I would feel much happier purchasing the new Pro version.

And I dunno bout others, but I speak for myself when I say that I might give this a hard pass if there isnt an option to upgrade by paying the price difference of the older and new script. And I vote with my wallet as much as possible, so I will make do with the older scatter script for my works but any future releases from the same designer will definitely fall in the "maybe not" category for me.

• +1 for the upgrade request

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Wait till it goes on sale if you feel it isn't worth the price.