UltraScatterPro - v1.0.1 released [commercial]

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited May 2019

OK I'm calling you out here, what is with the promo for the upgrade there's no promo images. no info on what the upgrade is or why I would upgrade do yourself a favor and a lest tell us why we should upgrade. You get more sales this way.

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited May 2019

OK I'm calling you out here, what is with the promo for the upgrade there's no promo images. no info on what the upgrade is or why I would upgrade do yourself a favor and a lest tell us why we should upgrade. You get more sales this way.

It's an upgrade - it upgrades your copy of Ultrascatter to UltraScatterPro. All the info about UltraScatterPro is on the UltraScatterPro product page.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

It's an upgrade - it upgrades your copy of Ultrascatter to UltraScatterPro. All the info about UltraScatterPro is on the UltraScatterPro product page.

Is there any compensation for those of us who 'upgraded' at full price months ago?

scorpio said:

Is there any compensation for those of us who 'upgraded' at full price months ago?

It is not in my power to do that.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Just to be clear: if I have both versions already, is there any benefit to getting this upgrade? (I assume not, but want to be sure, as it's a great product.)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

no point what so ever Ati

• Sorry if I come across as entitled, but couldn't you talk to Daz marketing and have them offer a coupon for your store to the customers who already have both ultrascatter products in their library? I confess I feel more than a bit miffed about this upgrade track being offered much later than my purchase, with no option to return the product and benefit from it. It's one of those times when I regret buying on day one.

All I'm saying you could have got more new buyers if you had some more info, you've got to take every chance you get, sales are tough to make !!!

No disrespect to you super product !

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Uthgard said:

Sorry if I come across as entitled, but couldn't you talk to Daz marketing and have them offer a coupon for your store to the customers who already have both ultrascatter products in their library? I confess I feel more than a bit miffed about this upgrade track being offered much later than my purchase, with no option to return the product and benefit from it. It's one of those times when I regret buying on day one.

ditto

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Thanks for providing the upgrade, Howie. I could never justify the expense of buying the full Pro (on top of the Advanced version), but the upgrade is just right. yes

edited May 2019
    Uthgard said:

Sorry if I come across as entitled, but couldn't you talk to Daz marketing and have them offer a coupon for your store to the customers who already have both ultrascatter products in their library? I confess I feel more than a bit miffed about this upgrade track being offered much later than my purchase, with no option to return the product and benefit from it. It's one of those times when I regret buying on day one.

Six months ago when UltraScatterPro was released there was no way to create an upgrade - there were many requests for an upgrade so I spent time delivering one. That development meant that UltraScatter users (who hadn't purchased Pro) also got some free updates to their product. I've done what I thought was best and like I said it is not in my power to grant refunds or coupons - nor can I ask Daz to do that.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • TomiSzomTomiSzom Posts: 7

Hello Howie,

I would like to ask for a feature, what is already in the code, but has no GUI acessibility: to handle instances per item without proxies (like DAZ does it by default).
    Then it would be possible to create randomly instanced element what could face towerd a camera, etc.
    Would you be that kind to add this feature to the UltraScatter Pro?

Thanks

TomiSzom said:

Hello Howie,

I would like to ask for a feature, what is already in the code, but has no GUI acessibility: to handle instances per item without proxies (like DAZ does it by default).
    Then it would be possible to create randomly instanced element what could face towerd a camera, etc.
    Would you be that kind to add this feature to the UltraScatter Pro?

Thanks

That is not a feature already in code - there's quite a big difference between creating instance nodes and creating instance group nodes and UltraScatter/Pro does not do the former. UltraScatterPro however does allow you point the instances at any object within the scene.

• TomiSzomTomiSzom Posts: 7

"That is not a feature already in code - there's quite a big difference between creating instance nodes and creating instance group nodes and UltraScatter/Pro does not do the former"

For creating independent geometry parts merged to a proxy requires to handle 'elements' separately first, then 'merge' them to a proxy (to be honest I'm not sure I use 'Proxy' properly in this case, in 3rd party apps it has a specific meaning, but I don't know it is the same in DAZ or not).

So what I tried to say that per element (instance) transform operations are there, so - for me - it seems not to be hard to implement it this way with an 'extra' option'. As all elements are handled separately in some way already.

'UltraScatterPro however does allow you point the instances at any object within the scene'

Thanks,
    I know that the addon has an option for that, but I would need this feature without the addon -  to be able to put to packs for users who do not have the addon.

Would it be possible to implement this for you? For me it could be called UltraScatter Pro Extra with an update price; I would buy it.

Thanks

edited May 2019

Wow I have to say I tryed it with my hidden zone props 45000 instances in 8 min super quick to render. So thumbs up here !!!

Rocks.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 577K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
    Szark said:
    Uthgard said:

ditto

I'm a bit more than a bit miffed, I feel it is a slap in the face to early adopters. If Daz are going to go this route and penalise early buyers then I will start to reduce my purchases of products on release and I may well return products that I have purchased in the last month, explaining why I am doing so.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thank you Howie!  DS is a hobby that receives about .000009% of my time; and I had wished listed the "Pro" since I used the 1st version exactly once.  (Totally about my time, not the product.)

For those who are "miffed" - are you taking into consideration how long ago it was released?  December were extremely weighted toward the buyer, not the seller.  In fact, between the pc member discounts, Daz loyalty discount, and holiday sales - New items were cheaper then, than any other time in the year.

• Thank you for the upgrade path.

gitika1 said:

Thank you Howie!  DS is a hobby that receives about .000009% of my time; and I had wished listed the "Pro" since I used the 1st version exactly once.  (Totally about my time, not the product.)

For those who are "miffed" - are you taking into consideration how long ago it was released?  December were extremely weighted toward the buyer, not the seller.  In fact, between the pc member discounts, Daz loyalty discount, and holiday sales - New items were cheaper then, than any other time in the year.

I paid about $20 dollars for it - so yes I am taking that into account.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    scorpio said:
    gitika1 said:

I paid about $20 dollars for it - so yes I am taking that into account.

Try submitting a help request to explain your situation. Maybe Customer Service can help. It sounds like it is out of the hands of the PA. People asked for an upgrade path. It took him time to create that. Meanwhile, he gave out a free upgrade to the original UltraScatter to add improvements. It sounds like he can't win. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,723

I got the upgrade.  I hope it was not a mistake.  What did I just buy?

Why did you buy something, if you don't know what it is? Do you already own UltraScatter but not UltraScatterPro?

barbult said:

Why did you buy something, if you don't know what it is? Do you already own UltraScatter but not UltraScatterPro?

I had the original UltraScatter.  I know the pro version is a better version, but I am not sure how.

edited May 2019
    barbult said:

I had the original UltraScatter.  I know the pro version is a better version, but I am not sure how.

The upgrade you purchased will get you the UltraScatterPro features. Pro has a lot of new features, like Volume scatter and Matrix scatter. One of the best new features to me is the ability to import all the parameters of an existing scatter to create a new scatter.

Read through this thread. Post 1 has an overview.

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

The upgrade you purchased will get you the UltraScatterPro features. Pro has a lot of new features, like Volume scatter and Matrix scatter. One of the best new features to me is the ability to import all the parameters of an existing scatter to create a new scatter.

Read through this thread. Post 1 has an overview.

Once I finish destroying the evidence of the death of a chocolate Easter bunny made by Godiva, I will check it out.  Or maybe while I destroy the evidence.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Uthgard said:

I had UltraScatter for more than two years when UltraScatterPro was released. I bought the Pro version immediately. And I got it with a discount of 51%. That's not a bad discount for an upgraded version of software. And I've had access to the program for the past five months. (It's my own fault I didn't get around to using it until my latest render, Bear Creek, for the butterflies.)

I frequently put new products in my wishlist and wait for them to go on sale for 60% off or better, due to a rapidly dwindling 3D budget. (Fixed income, yada yada.) But UltraScatter was/is so good, I didn't want to wait for UltraScatterPro. And I don't regret a dime of what I paid for it.

In my experience, early adopters always pay a premium. Anyone remember the first Sony VCR? For a couple grand you could get a device as big and heavy as a boat anchor that would record a whole 30 minutes of your favorite TV show! (Okay, might have been 60 minutes… I didn't early adopt, so I'm not totally sure of the recording length.) 8-Track Tapes? Plasma TVs? Blu-Ray? … GTX 1080 Founders Edition?

Howie, the only only thing I'm miffed about is I waited so long to dive into the Pro version. And that's all on me! Thank you for a great product.

I finally found the item in smart content.  I am not sure why I did not see it earlier.  I am trying to figure it out, but I probably need to find the readme.

I am using UltraScatter Pro but I might have put too many instances.  Now DS is showing not responding.  Is it crashed or just very busy right now?

I finally found the item in smart content.  I am not sure why I did not see it earlier.  I am trying to figure it out, but I probably need to find the readme.

It comes with a PDF Manual.

barbult said:

It comes with a PDF Manual.

I think I found it.