UltraScatterPro - v1.0.1 released [commercial]

1234568»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,870

just adding, I have found it surprisingly light on resources as opposed to the original yes

my gripes about DAZ studio itself notwithstanding I was able to render populated terrains quite easily in both iray and 3Delight

below heavily postworked and slomovideo processed render, because it is DAZ studio after all and regardless of what I use I cannot get the render speeds I am used to in Carrara devil that is nothing to do with Ultrascatter cheeky

and a slideshow of another scene

• How does UltraScatter Pro handle the Y axis of objects that are being distributed over a plane? I'm running into an issue with a tree I am trying to distribute across a terrain. The scattered trees are all well above the terrain. I tried the scatter with cube primitives, and they worked as expected. So I'm trying to determine what I need to fix about the tree so that it works correctly.

Any ideas?

Tim

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    Timotheus said:

How does UltraScatter Pro handle the Y axis of objects that are being distributed over a plane? I'm running into an issue with a tree I am trying to distribute across a terrain. The scattered trees are all well above the terrain. I tried the scatter with cube primitives, and they worked as expected. So I'm trying to determine what I need to fix about the tree so that it works correctly.

Any ideas?

Tim

It scatters based on the object origin. There is a control on the Rotation tab called "ignore origin transform" that you can try when the selected Rotation Point is Origin. If that doesn't fix your problem, you can try adjusting the origin with the Joint Editor tool. Select your tree object in the Scene pane and Select the Joint Editor tool. Move the little green origin marker to the vertical position that you want to be the ground level of your tree. You can adjust it by dragging in the viewport or adjusting Center Point Y Position in the Tool Settings pane when you have Joint Editor tool active. When you are done, select your UltraScatterPro object in the Scene pane and rescatter. Be sure you have "ignore origin transform" unchecked, because you just transformed the origin and you want to use that transformed origin.

• barbult said:
    Timotheus said:

How does UltraScatter Pro handle the Y axis of objects that are being distributed over a plane? I'm running into an issue with a tree I am trying to distribute across a terrain. The scattered trees are all well above the terrain. I tried the scatter with cube primitives, and they worked as expected. So I'm trying to determine what I need to fix about the tree so that it works correctly.

Any ideas?

Tim

It scatters based on the object origin. There is a control on the Rotation tab called "ignore origin transform" that you can try when the selected Rotation Point is Origin. If that doesn't fix your problem, you can try adjusting the origin with the Joint Editor tool. Select your tree object in the Scene pane and Select the Joint Editor tool. Move the little green origin marker to the vertical position that you want to be the ground level of your tree. You can adjust it by dragging in the viewport or adjusting Center Point Y Position in the Tool Settings pane when you have Joint Editor tool active. When you are done, select your UltraScatterPro object in the Scene pane and rescatter. Be sure you have "ignore origin transform" unchecked, because you just transformed the origin and you want to use that transformed origin.

Thanks so much, Barb. The origin point on the tree was already in the correct location, so the "ignore origin transform" did the trick.

Tim

Timotheus said:
    barbult said:
    Timotheus said:

Any ideas?

Tim

Thanks so much, Barb. The origin point on the tree was already in the correct location, so the "ignore origin transform" did the trick.

Tim

Great, thanks for letting me know it worked for you. 

edited October 2020

There is a fabulous tool for UltraScatterPro (and UltraScatter) users hidden away inside Oso Alien Scenery. It is a script called Alienator. The Alienator script allows you to replace the instances you scattered with instances of any other prop in your library! For example, you can scatter a bush and later convert all the bush instances to trees, or flowers, or houses, or bugs, or anything... It also works on UltraScenery scenes. Even if you don't think you have an immediate use for alien scenery, take a look at the product for what the script can do for you. (The alien scenery is pretty cool, too, though.) There are a few bugs in the Alienator script that have already been resolved and an update will be coming. You can read through the commercial thread about the product to get an idea about how it works. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,510

Is there an UltraScatter setting that would change the "Y Translate" setting of the instances in relation to the object they're being placed on? For example, if I had instances of a tree with roots, is there a setting that would make it so the tree roots were below the object surface instead of on top of the surface?

NylonGirl said:

Is there an UltraScatter setting that would change the "Y Translate" setting of the instances in relation to the object they're being placed on? For example, if I had instances of a tree with roots, is there a setting that would make it so the tree roots were below the object surface instead of on top of the surface?

There is a discussion of this topic on this very forum page.

barbult said:
    NylonGirl said:

There are at least 218 messages in this thread on 8 pages. I did google searches for various combinations of "UltraScatter", "DAZ", "Y Translate" and other things, and did not find the answer. The chance of the answer to the question being somewhere was moderate, but the chance of it being on the last page of this thread was low. It seems to me, the most practical decision was to just ask the question.

The only thing I saw above was something about editing the object itself. Maybe that would solve my problem, and I'm definitely going to try that later. But I was asking about settings in UltraScatter that would adjust the position of the object so the base of the object would be below the scattering surface, not how to edit the object itself. I was asking if such a setting exists. If the answer to that question is on this page, I just didn't see it.

edited November 2020
    NylonGirl said:
    barbult said:
    NylonGirl said:

There are at least 218 messages in this thread on 8 pages. I did google searches for various combinations of "UltraScatter", "DAZ", "Y Translate" and other things, and did not find the answer. The chance of the answer to the question being somewhere was moderate, but the chance of it being on the last page of this thread was low. It seems to me, the most practical decision was to just ask the question.

The only thing I saw above was something about editing the object itself. Maybe that would solve my problem, and I'm definitely going to try that later. But I was asking about settings in UltraScatter that would adjust the position of the object so the base of the object would be below the scattering surface, not how to edit the object itself. I was asking if such a setting exists. If the answer to that question is on this page, I just didn't see it.

From my September 17 post: "It scatters based on the object origin. There is a control on the Rotation tab called "ignore origin transform" that you can try when the selected Rotation Point is Origin." 

There is no command in UltraScatterPro to translate the instances by an arbitrary user-specified amount on any axis. There is nothing to stop you from moving the whole set of instances after they are scattered. Just use the translate tools in Daz Studio.

Screenshot 2020-11-16 01.22.25.png
    756 x 696 - 86K
    Post edited by barbult on

Well I got around to trying the joint editor and, combined with UltraScatter Pro, it did indeed create the effect I wanted.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 577

Is there a way to get an even distribution of an object while using surface scatter? I have a nice patch of grass that I want to be constrained to a single surface, but I want it to be evenly distributed across the surface rather than in random clumps that overlap a bunch. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish that?

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

I'm not sure how to do this with U.S. but creating your own instances, pasting them to the same location, use Align Pane (tab) to create a row, and then duplicating the row should work- make as many rows as you need to fill the space. You could then go to certain instances and rotate them so they're not all the same.

Quasar said:

Is there a way to get an even distribution of an object while using surface scatter? I have a nice patch of grass that I want to be constrained to a single surface, but I want it to be evenly distributed across the surface rather than in random clumps that overlap a bunch. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish that?