Announcement For Look At My Hair Customers: account registrations open!

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
edited September 2013 in The Commons

Ok folks, so if you like you can start registering to the beta bug tracker site here: http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com/

To register, you will first be asked the enter a valid email. After that, you’ll receive a confirmation email that will ask to complete the registration (you’ll need to enter also the Installation Code for LAMH, found in your DAZ Account - my Serial Numbers Page).

Once that is done, you have a valid account and you can start browsing the bug list (which has already some entries), download the PDF notes document, and in a few hours the beta zip file links will be enabled and ready.

Attached the login screen and main screen (after successful login).

The bug-tracker interface is very basic, but should be fairly easy to use. In any case let us know if you need help with it: you can email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

You’ll see that there are clickable links to file a ‘New’ bug, ‘Search’ for bugs, a ‘All Bugs’ link that will show all the current issues yet to be addressed.

We look very much forward to your input as it will be critical to make LAMH a better product, so the more to participate, the better!

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are announcing that in a few days from now we'll be starting a 'Look at my Hair All Customers Beta Program'. All current 1.0 Full Plugin users will be welcome to join the program and will be granted to download current 1.07 beta version and all the updates that will be released for 1.0 series.

For 'LAMH FREE Player' users and anybody interested in finally getting LAMH Full this is a no miss occasion. In fact, when the Beta Program goes live, LAMH will be on sale for 2 weeks with a 20% discount and joining the beta you'll have the option to always have the 'latest in the house' version. This is not time to hesitate folks!

The 1.07 beta is the result of months of hard work: there is no routine or block of code that hasn't undergone revision or improvement.
We have fixed bugs, and resolved issues collected since the very first release, and added several new features:

- a useful pane tab to link LAMH and DS very easily
- automatic sync of changes made in DS to the LAMH viewport
- Multi-Figure Asset Management
- ability to work with OBJ meshes of up to 2 Million Faces
- Adaptive OBJ output (lowers resource usage of exported OBJ files)
- Human Hair Shader (derived from the Marschner Shader model)
- Hair Control Point Adaptive Locking
- improved viewport and styling controls
and lot more we did along the way...

And now we are at a point where we'd love to get as much feedback as possible to help us in our development efforts and have the beta tested on as many systems as possible.

So stay tuned on this very thread to catch the 'Look at my Hair All Customers Beta Program' starting any time from now!

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, soon is almost now... been looking forward to this ;-)

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Sounds great Alex I can see why its been quiet for a while.... :) you guys have been very busy indeed.. :)

Steve

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sounds great Alex I can see why its been quiet for a while.... :) you guys have been very busy indeed.. :)

Steve

Hey Steve hello, nice the hear from you! :)

Yes, we have worked very hard, for months. Sorry it took so long, but we wanted to get things done properly and check every part of code for fixes and improvements. That took a while...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053
    edited December 1969

the adaptive obj output sounds like something I would use.
    I use LAMH a lot to create hair and fur for my exports to iClone which involves much dialing down of hair numbers esp since I then use the transfer utility on it.
    Anything that would reduce the polycount of LAMH obj models would be greatly appreciated by me.
    I am at the moment limited to one or two hair instances only in a scene and not too many other highpoly figures, iClone does not handle too much.
    (and I am talking some pretty massive polycounts here!)

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485
    edited December 1969

Sweet...cant wait...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

Hopefully this will include a fix for LAMH crashing when I try and use a preset.

• MarciusMarcius Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

I almost can't wait for this, tahnks.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Hopefully this will include a fix for LAMH crashing when I try and use a preset.

That shouldn't be happening. Have you sent Alessandro or Kendall the Daz error report from the crash, along with the LAMH log, and say what preset you were using and what version of LAMH ( I assume full version?)

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Will this beta be okay to use in a production enviroment.??,

If not how long is the Beta scheduled to run for.??

I have a set that I need to create which would employ the use of multiple 'haired' figures and I had been holding off from producing it until the update was released.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

As belovedalia also said, this isn't normal: library presets (not for geografted stuff at least) should work on current 1.0.

edited December 1969

I have a set that I need to create which would employ the use of multiple 'haired' figures and I had been holding off from producing it until the update was released.

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi S.K., well joining the beta will imply to sign an NDA, so everything produced can't be shared/published/used outside the beta context without explicit permission of me or Kendall. But we can talk about it.
    About how long the beta will last, my answer would be 'until all issues are solved and we feel ready for a release'.

• msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

As belovedalia also said, this isn't normal: library presets (not for geografted stuff at least) should work on current 1.0.

I picked up the full real version during the DAZ 30% off pclub sale the other day. Most of the Genesis real hair style presets on your site crash the version I got from DAZ when you go to render (64bit DS 4.6). It's so bad I'm actually considering returning it. But your free player version works fine, only the paid version crashes. I too am hoping your update fixes these issues, otherwise I will ask DAZ for my money back.

• msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Hi S.K., well joining the beta will imply to sign an NDA, so everything produced can't be shared/published/used outside the beta context without explicit permission of me or Kendall. But we can talk about it.

You're joking right? People who have paid for a product shouldn't have to sign an NDA to get bug fixes.

edited August 2013

msorrels said:

You're joking right? People who have paid for a product shouldn't have to sign an NDA to get bug fixes.

msorrels, the NDA is only limited during the test/use of beta features as this is not a general release.
    The beta program is for those folks who want to help with the development and get access to the newest features before other people.
    To this end there will be information that is not for general public consumption.

When the general release is made there will be no NDA.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

msorrels said:
    SimonJM said:

I picked up the full real version during the DAZ 30% off pclub sale the other day. Most of the Genesis real hair style presets on your site crash the version I got from DAZ when you go to render (64bit DS 4.6). It's so bad I'm actually considering returning it. But your free player version works fine, only the paid version crashes. I too am hoping your update fixes these issues, otherwise I will ask DAZ for my money back.

Sorry to hear about the issues. We indeed checked that all the current available presets work on the beta version, just as they work on the free player.

• Lmx3dLmx3d Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Great Alex! I will be on board for this!!!!!

• edited December 1969

excellent and thanks a lot for all the work you have put into LAMH, IMO the most useful plugin ever released for Studio.
    will join the beta and agree to the NDA as soon as you are ready!

edited December 1969

Anyone who has experienced crashes or issues should absolutely be contacting Kendall or Alessandro, or me (I can pass it on... if I have seen people post about issues in the past I have done my best to help and pass that on when needed). Make sure you include the LAMH log file from the time of the crash, sometimes the Daz error report is helpful too, and include the info of what version you were you using of Daz, LAMH (full, player, or a beta, if you start to beta test eventually) and lastly what hair preset you were using, so someone can look into it/reproduce the issue/solve it.

I've been a bit behind on making hair myself due to real life stuff (gotta love real life red tape that consumes your day time sitting in office lines filling out paper work) but getting back into the stuff i love. :)

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Are you still not able to run the free Player and the full LAMH version without disabling one or the other?

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Are you still not able to run the free Player and the full LAMH version without disabling one or the other?

New version will include the player pane too.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Cheers,

S.K.

About how long the beta will last, my answer would be 'until all issues are solved and we feel ready for a release'.

What I ment was I have a set of images that I wish to create / publish, not presets or hair styles or hair based objects etc, just pictures.

So to clarify would I be able to use the Beta version of LAMH to create these images.??

S.K.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Well I'm in a hard spot at the moment with the Hyena fur and QA. So if I can get my hands on this it would be excellent, time is running out for me. Cheers

edited December 1969

msorrels said:
    SimonJM said:

That sounds pretty much exactly the position I am in, but only after I got a new computer - it works/worked on old beastie but drops into a 'hang loop' that ends up crashing DS after a short while. I did mention it in another thread but it got ignored ... I'll have a look into re-installing the full version and see about a bug report. It is for every preset I have tried - I got bored with the crashing after trying out three or four of them ;)

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    msorrels said:
    SimonJM said:

That sounds pretty much exactly the position I am in, but only after I got a new computer - it works/worked on old beastie but drops into a 'hang loop' that ends up crashing DS after a short while. I did mention it in another thread but it got ignored ... I'll have a look into re-installing the full version and see about a bug report. It is for every preset I have tried - I got bored with the crashing after trying out three or four of them ;)

We have several thousand customers using LAMH without problems. If you are experiencing crashes please email me: krsears (at) trdc.biz so that we can determine what the problem is with your particular situation.

Kendall

edited August 2013

yay Kendall's on it! Should be able to work it out :) ^^

You guys see this? LAMH for the genesis hair, the genesis catgirl ears and tail, for the grass, and for the squirrel! :D

The dress is ThespiSis's cool dynamic Wondrous dress :)

AliceWondrous2s.jpg
    1150 x 1150 - 1M
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

That's exciting!

edited December 1969

Also reminder... in my picture above all the fur- ALL of the hair and fur and grass- were exported as OBJ files in one scene :D YUP.

Those who want to render in other programs.... squee :D

edited December 1969

We have several thousand customers using LAMH without problems. If you are experiencing crashes please email me: krsears (at) trdc.biz so that we can determine what the problem is with your particular situation.

Kendall

Bug report sent

edited December 1969

Thanks Simon!! Hopefully you'll be able to join in the hair awesomeness ASAP! :D

edited December 1969

Another day another style!

Dress is once again the lovely Dynamic Wondrous Dress (made for YT Julie morph for genesis but generally fits any genesis shape as the shape in this pic is only 10% Julie) with shaders instead of textures..... hair is of course the awesome LAMH renderman hair. Genesis is using Delilah for Genesis/V4 texture by Virtual World with modified Lorelei eye texture and shaders.

MidnightLibraryS.jpg
    1100 x 942 - 439K