Announcement For Look At My Hair Customers: account registrations open!

124»

Comments

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Are you still not able to run the free Player and the full LAMH version without disabling one or the other?

New version will include the player pane too.

Every since installing the Free player (wanted to try RAW presets) using DIM and overwriting the Paid version.
    I been waiting months for the full version to have features of the free version ( I know you can switch out a file, but a pain to have to do).
    Where are you guys getting the beta from?, I see the announcement, but now where to get it.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

My apologies, I've put the news on both LAMH FB and blog, and forgot to edit post 0 on this thread (I did it now).

Here is the text announcing the beta program location and instructions:

"Ok folks, so if you like you can start registering to the beta bug tracker site here: http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com/

To register, you will first be asked the enter a valid email. After that, you’ll receive a confirmation email that will ask to complete the registration (you’ll need to enter also the Installation Code for LAMH, found in your DAZ Account - my Serial Numbers Page).

Once that is done, you have a valid account and you can start browsing the bug list (which has already some entries), download the PDF notes document, and in a few hours the beta zip file links will be enabled and ready.

Attached the login screen and main screen (after successful login).

The bug-tracker interface is very basic, but should be fairly easy to use. In any case let us know if you need help with it: you can email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

You’ll see that there are clickable links to file a ‘New’ bug, ‘Search’ for bugs, a ‘All Bugs’ link that will show all the current issues yet to be addressed.

We look very much forward to your input as it will be critical to make LAMH a better product, so the more to participate, the better!

Thanks"

edited December 1969

My apologies, I've put the news on both LAMH FB and blog, and forgot to edit post 0 on this thread (I did it now).

"Ok folks, so if you like you can start registering to the beta bug tracker site here: http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com/

To register, you will first be asked the enter a valid email. After that, you’ll receive a confirmation email that will ask to complete the registration (you’ll need to enter also the Installation Code for LAMH, found in your DAZ Account - my Serial Numbers Page).

Once that is done, you have a valid account and you can start browsing the bug list (which has already some entries), download the PDF notes document, and in a few hours the beta zip file links will be enabled and ready.

The bug-tracker interface is very basic, but should be fairly easy to use. In any case let us know if you need help with it: you can email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

You’ll see that there are clickable links to file a ‘New’ bug, ‘Search’ for bugs, a ‘All Bugs’ link that will show all the current issues yet to be addressed.

We look very much forward to your input as it will be critical to make LAMH a better product, so the more to participate, the better!

Thanks"

Thank you for the fast followup.
    Also is this always going to be an issue with the free player overwriting the full version when installing ( I only installed the free player because it was able to open presets the paid could not at the time).

edited August 2013

fusionla said:

Thanks"

Also is this always going to be an issue with the free player overwriting the full version when installing ( I only installed the free player because it was able to open presets the paid could not at the time).

The current beta integrates the player pane too and is compliant with latest presets/models, so you shouldn't need, in theory, need to reverse to the player anymore.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:

Thanks"

The current beta integrates the player pane too and is compliant with latest presets/models, so you shouldn't need, in theory, need to reverse to the player anymore.
    What I mean is that those of us with the paid version DIM overwrites the paid version with the player for now.
    Would not be an issue to turn off the free player in DIM, as long as the paid version is current with the features of the free player.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:
    fusionla said:

Thanks"

What I mean is that those of us with the paid version DIM overwrites the paid version with the player for now.
    Would not be an issue to turn off the free player in DIM, as long as the paid version is current with the features of the free player.

Going forward, the full version will be ahead of the player feature-wise. The player will always support the output of the full version.

We got caught by surprise by some changes in the environment. In order to support our partner PA's, we felt it better to provide them with the necessary features in the player while we compensated for unanticipated changes.

Kendall

• themarkcymruthemarkcymru Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Can LAMH be installed on more than one computer?
    If so are there instructions available?

edited December 1969

Hello, if you need to install it on a second system, please install and run it there, and email me at "[email protected]" the activation window data. Thanks

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i installed the full lamh yesterday, it didn't ask me for a code?

edited December 1969

i installed the full lamh yesterday, it didn't ask me for a code?

Have you ever owned the full version before? Are you sure that it is the full version that you're seeing and not the player?

Kendall

edited December 1969

i have the garibaldi installed. and the free player.

there was no pdf with the installer, i don't know how to open the lamh hair room/palette.

i see green on the plugin tab. my daz computer isn't on the internet. i d/l to my lil netbook, then transfer the files via flashdrive.

edited December 1969

i have the garibaldi installed. and the free player.

there was no pdf with the installer, i don't know how to open the lamh hair room/palette.

i see green on the plugin tab. my daz computer isn't on the internet. i d/l to my lil netbook, then transfer the files via flashdrive.

You will need to uninstall the free player, then install the LAMH full.

Then go to Create->New 'Look at my Hair' Object...

Follow the instructions there. You do not need to have the LAMH machine on the internet, you can just type in the information requested.

Kendall

edited May 2014

how do i test if something i made will work as expected in the freeplayer?

thanks.

was hoping i could toggle the checkboxes on the plugin pane. full off, player on.

i bought the full version to add fringes to character and clothing sets.

waiting for wind/animation dynamics to make "hair" with it :lol:

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

how do i test if something i made will work as expected in the freeplayer?

thanks.

was hoping i could toggle the checkboxes on the plugin pane. full off, player on.

i bought the full version to add fringes to character and clothing sets.

waiting for wind/animation dynamics to make "hair" with it :lol:

The player is built in to the full. If you're seeing it in the DS viewport, then the player is going to play it. You can save the preset, exit everything, pull up the Pane and load as if it were the player... because it is :-)

Kendall

• themarkcymruthemarkcymru Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Hello, if you need to install it on a second system, please install and run it there, and email me at "[email protected]" the activation window data. Thanks

Hi Alessandro - email sent.
    one problem i had was LAMH Player appeared under the Create menu, i had to uninstal the Player from both computers. Where should the Player be installed to prevent this happening?

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro - email sent.
    one problem i had was LAMH Player appeared under the Create menu, i had to uninstal the Player from both computers. Where should the Player be installed to prevent this happening?

Hello, I emailed you back. About the LAMH Player, you actually don't need it anymore, LAMH 1.5+ integrates it already. So you may want to disinstall it...