Announcement For Look At My Hair Customers: account registrations open!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited August 2013

Could you please check if the Look at my Hair Plugin is listed in 'Help->About Installed Plugins'?

If so, try to reset the Workspace Layout:

- menu Window->Workspace->Select Layout->Accept.

That should recreate LAMH (and any other) missing link on the Create menu.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Could you please check if the Look at my Hair Plugin is listed in 'Help->About Installed Plugins'?

Got it! Thank you very much. The issue was in the Installed Plugins. It did show up but wasn't checked. I checked, reloading studio, created a figure and all looks good so for.

Now off to a shower and work lol.

edited December 1969

Got it! Thank you very much. The issue was in the Installed Plugins. It did show up but wasn't checked. I checked, reloading studio, created a figure and all looks good so for.

Now off to a shower and work lol.

Very good! :)

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Signed up, downloaded and installed successfully, logged a "trivial" severity bug, playing around now :D

edited December 1969

Actually, worth noting: I wasn't asked to activate. Which is odd.

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:

Not odd, if you already have (had) LAMH 1.0 activated successfully, the activation is still valid and you don't need to redo it.

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:

Not odd, if you already have (had) LAMH 1.0 activated successfully, the activation is still valid and you don't need to redo it.

Ah! Working As Intended then :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:

Bizarrely then, it is asking me to register ... despite having had it registered before!

On the plus side it loads the LAMH presets for, for example, RawArt's figures just fine now (i.e., no immediate crash!) :)

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Syndaryl said:

Bizarrely then, it is asking me to register ... despite having had it registered before!

On the plus side it loads the LAMH presets for, for example, RawArt's figures just fine now (i.e., no immediate crash!) :)

I had the same problem. I had installed the LAMH Player to try it out while waiting for the newer version. I have only had a short time to try the beta and so far I like what I see. It seems more responsive and intuitive to me with a nicer look and feel but still what I learned with the older version seems to transfer to the newer version even though it is changed considerably. Great job. Now to hunt down some bugs!

I did try a few presets too, and they all worked fine.

edited December 1969

Very good folks, we are glad for the feedback you are prodiving so far, thanks a lot. :)

Just a friendly reminder that we are setting a forum where to discuss how the beta version works: we'd definitely prefer to gather comments, opinions and general feedback there rather than on a public thread.

Sorry if this sounds naughty but I hope you understand the point.
    Thanks again for all the support and please keep feedback coming!

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I give up Alex...lol everytime I try to sign up I get this "Look at my Hair All Customers Beta Program – User Account Creation Canceled" try going back to the link and I get "The token you submitted does not exist, has expired, or has been canceled."

was looking forward to trying out what has been done since last time.

Steve.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    I give up Alex...lol everytime I try to sign up I get this "Look at my Hair All Customers Beta Program – User Account Creation Canceled" try going back to the link and I get "The token you submitted does not exist, has expired, or has been canceled."

Steve.

Hey Steve,
    Email me: krsears (at) trdc.biz and we'll see what is going on.

Kendall

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Steve.

Hey Steve,
    Email me: krsears (at) trdc.biz and we'll see what is going on.

Kendall

Thanks Kendall email sent.. ;)

Steve

edited December 1969

Just a reminder that as announced, LAMH is on sale for two weeks with a 20% discount, and joining the beta also new users will have access the ‘latest in the house’ version.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

AA if I'm not a beta tester will I still get upgrade when it comes out???? I'm not real good at testing stuff ...I figure if something doesn't work right it's the nut on the mouse ,not the product .......and usually I'm right .....:cheese:

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    AA if I'm not a beta tester will I still get upgrade when it comes out???? I'm not real good at testing stuff ...I figure if something doesn't work right it's the nut on the mouse ,not the product .......and usually I'm right .....:cheese:

All owners of the 1.0 Full will be entitled to the 1.07 upgrade when it is released. No participation in the beta is necessary. We are offering the Beta opportunity for those who like to be on the cutting edge.

Kendall

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

Well that's good to know thank you Kendall ,yea ,no , cutting edge not my style ....I'm still trying to figure way too much stuff out and I think that the older I get the steeper my learning curve seems to be .........

edited August 2013

carrie58 said:

No problem with that, as the 1.07 will get released it will be available free of charge for all LAMH 1.0 users.

EDIT: oops, Kendall was faster than me

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Cutting Edge... good name for a hair salon ;-)

I've got full version too, I haven't actually knuckled-down to use it yet but looking forward to the updated version (more of a visual worker with icons than too many keyboard shortcuts myself, hehehe)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

No problem with that, as the 1.07 will get released it will be available free of charge for all LAMH 1.0 users.

EDIT: oops, Kendall was faster than me
    That's great news, considering how much work you've put into it!

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Cutting Edge... good name for a hair salon ;-)

I've got full version too, I haven't actually knuckled-down to use it yet but looking forward to the updated version (more of a visual worker with icons than too many keyboard shortcuts myself, hehehe)

Hi Jabba, then you'll be pleased by the new version: we listened to LAMH users carefully and since having to use kb shortcuts was not ideal for some folks, we have improved the interface with tool icons to ease operations.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,701
    edited August 2013

I am incredibly frustrated trying to create LAMH presets that load the correctly in the free player. I can create a preset in 1.0 using the ambient occlusion shader... and it will only load correctly in 1.0. If I try to load that preset the free player the wrong shader setup is applied to the hair and the hair lights up like it glows in the dark.

There seems to be nothing I can do to avoid getting the "human hair shader" in the free player. I can select the ambient occlusion shader in the settings, save those settings, I go back to the settings and the human hair shaders is selected again. If I export the hair to studio, I can manually apply the correct shader to the hair in the surface tab if I am using the free player... but if I save a scene subset with that shader setup? Next time I open it I have two nested lamh object groups. The nested one which is not actually visible will have the correct shader setup, the outer one which is visible and renders will have the human hair shader setup.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited August 2013

the first image shows the ambient occlusion shader, the one I want to use and how it renders, the second shows the human hair shader that the free player seems to want to load no matter what I do, and you can see why I don't want to use it.

Yours.jpg
    500 x 500 - 197K
    Mine.jpg
    500 x 500 - 134K
    edited August 2013

here, the first screen capture shows the ambient occlusion shader setup itself as it shows using 1.0 and the second shows the shader setup that loads unavoidably when i use the free player

yoursurface.jpg
    504 x 1080 - 153K
    mysurface.jpg
    504 x 1080 - 103K
    edited August 2013

finally here is what happens if i save a scene setup using the free player. the correct shader setup will be applied to an invisible nested hair group, but the wrong setup (human hair) will be applied to the visible outer hair groups.

nested.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 897K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

First of all, due to some feedback, the shaders were tweaked in diff versions I think?
    Secondly, Joe, I've sent you a PM. :)
    Thirdly: squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. To the beta. That is all.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    finally here is what happens if i save a scene setup using either the free player or the new beta. the correct shader setup will be applied to an invisible nested hair group, but the wrong setup (human hair) will be applied to the visible outer hair groups.

Hi Joe,
    An issue has been reported with the current player with regards to figures based off of a "human" base getting the HHS shaders applied. There will be a fix shortly that resolves that issue for shavegroups that have custom shaders applied.

I would encourage you to join the All Customers Beta Program to get access to the latest information.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Hi JoeQuick,

some posts ago I asked to please not post any public issue, comment or opinion about the current beta.
    We have the bug tracker for that, where you signed and accepted an NDA.
    If you encounter some issues, please file a bug so that we can assign and fix it. Or eventually email me or Kendall if the issue you find is urgent. Thanks
    Since the die has been cast, the issue you are referring is probably happening because the player recognize the model as a humanoid figure, thus forcing the HHS to apply on it. We are already aware of the issue and working on it.

edited August 2013

Hi JoeQuick,

some posts ago I asked to please not post any public issue, comment or opinion about the current beta.
    If you encounter some issues, please file a bug so that we can assign and fix it. Or eventually email me or Kendall if the issue you find is urgent. Thanks
    Since the die has been cast, the issue you are referring is probably happening because the player recognize the model as a humanoid figure, thus forcing the HHS to apply on it. We are already aware of the issue and working on it.

I've gone back and edited my copy so that it only reflects issues in the other two release versions of your program.

I would like to be able to provide my customers with the ability to reproduce the look in my promo images, otherwise I will have misled them. Is there anyway for genesis presets created in 1.0 to load correctly in the free player?

table3b_web.jpg
    615 x 800 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Hi JoeQuick,

I've gone back and edited my copy so that it only reflects issues in the other two release versions of your program.

I would like to be able to provide my customers with the ability to reproduce the look in my promo images, otherwise I will have misled them. Is there anyway for genesis presets created in 1.0 to load correctly in the free player?

Hi Joe,
    As I mentioned before, the issue has been reported and has been fixed. A new player will be released shortly (long before the PA sale) that will resolve your problem.

Please feel free to contact me directly krsears (at) trdc.biz if you have concerns about issues that affect you or your products.

Kendall