Announcement For Look At My Hair Customers: account registrations open!

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Are there any good videos for LAMH?

I have only just started to play with this since installing DS4.6, and am really confused. My 1st hair looked like straw!

Really need some esay to follow tutorials.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

did you read the tutorial? If you can't find it, you can also download it from furry things: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Yes, I read the tutorial, and then tried to follow it! But I still ended up with hair like straw!!!:lol:

Just wondered if there were any videos that might help.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited August 2013

There's some videos linked here, tho they may not entirely match the current version... i can't remember. And if you have questions about something particular you can ask here or PM me. You can also dl presets and load them and see what settings were used on each one. :)

Edit because i forgot the link :P http://www.furrythings.com/category/demo-videos-screenshots/

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Yes, I read the tutorial, and then tried to follow it! But I still ended up with hair like straw!!!:lol:

Just wondered if there were any videos that might help.

Hi, take a look at the YT Channel tutorials, at the following address: http://www.youtube.com/user/mastronardialex

If you need help with something specific, if you want you may also email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Has the beta program started? I'd be more than willing to help out. I am using the free player but have no qualms buying a full version. I'm only using the Free player because of a character I bought. But because of the character alone I'm fully on board with LAMH. I really like it. Before I had seen the name LAMH but that's about it. I'd be more than happy to become a full paid customer, today if needed.

Anyway, I'm working with the character I bought extensively and have seen quite a few issues and was wondering if the new version will eliminate them.

edited December 1969

Has the beta program started? I'd be more than willing to help out. I am using the free player but have no qualms buying a full version. I'm only using the Free player because of a character I bought. But because of the character alone I'm fully on board with LAMH. I really like it. Before I had seen the name LAMH but that's about it. I'd be more than happy to become a full paid customer, today if needed.

Anyway, I'm working with the character I bought extensively and have seen quite a few issues and was wondering if the new version will eliminate them.

Thanks for your kind words, we are about ready, preparing documentation and testing the bug tracker site. We should be ready to go live in a few hours. What character is giving you issues? Can you describe what happens? Thanks

edited December 1969

Thanks for your kind words, we are about ready, preparing documentation and testing the bug tracker site. We should be ready to go live in a few hours. What character is giving you issues? Can you describe what happens? Thanks

The Sasquatch character with the LAMH option.

Issues I have are:

1) I can create a scene with the Sasquatch character, save it, and then when I try to reload it will error out and won't load so I basically have to do some scenes all in one sitting without saving and reloading.

2) I have a school scene with 4 or 5 students, a teacher and bigfoot. When I load the scene back in, the hair will attach itself to the first named "Genesis" character (you know when you create more than one character it will be Genesis, Genesis (2), etc). Attached is a screenshot. If I were to delete the Sasquatch character along with the hair and then re-create a sasquatch figure then the hair isn't seen and everyone else's hair will fly up into the air along with the window shades. Quite funny actually. I've attached a screenshot. There just seems to be a problem with a character already in the scene named "Genesis" so I usually rename to avoid the problem.

3) I can load a sasquatch figure, pose it, and then render. Even though the hair shows on the figure itself, the render will show otherwise. The figure will be one place and the hair will be off to the side. I don't have a screen shot of that but see if fairly often. So in some scenes I've done away with the hair ( :( ) and rendered anyway.

I am using Daz Studio 4.6 Pro version 4.6.0.18 and the Free Plugin is 1.0.6.1

I rushed through this pretty quick so it doesn't make sense or need some additional information or explaining, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and effort on a great product.

Screenshot_(16).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 825K
    Screenshot_(15).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Screenshot_(14).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • nettanetta Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

can't wait for the update, as i would luv to be able to load and create and reload a hair that has more than 20000 hairs.
    the free player for loading presets works just fine with my win7 lappy and daz, but not the full version i own.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited August 2013

2) I have a school scene with 4 or 5 students, a teacher and bigfoot. When I load the scene back in, the hair will attach itself to the first named "Genesis" character (you know when you create more than one character it will be Genesis, Genesis (2), etc). Attached is a screenshot. If I were to delete the Sasquatch character along with the hair and then re-create a sasquatch figure then the hair isn't seen and everyone else's hair will fly up into the air along with the window shades. Quite funny actually. I've attached a screenshot. There just seems to be a problem with a character already in the scene named "Genesis" so I usually rename to avoid the problem.

Try renaming the Sasquatch character in the Scene tab. The LAMH preset will then rename itself (no idea how that works, but run with it), and then it should attach only to the character with the matching name.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the last line the first time I read. You already got there. Oh, for a function that let you delete posts in this forum!

sasquatchnamingdemo.jpg
    1352 x 425 - 351K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Oh, for a function that let you delete posts in this forum!
    Umm... you need more power for that button, it does not come cheap. It helps if you enjoy reading threads all day too.
    edited December 1969

The Sasquatch character with the LAMH option.

Issues I have are:

1) I can create a scene with the Sasquatch character, save it, and then when I try to reload it will error out and won't load so I basically have to do some scenes all in one sitting without saving and reloading.

3) I can load a sasquatch figure, pose it, and then render. Even though the hair shows on the figure itself, the render will show otherwise. The figure will be one place and the hair will be off to the side. I don't have a screen shot of that but see if fairly often. So in some scenes I've done away with the hair ( :( ) and rendered anyway.

I am using Daz Studio 4.6 Pro version 4.6.0.18 and the Free Plugin is 1.0.6.1

I rushed through this pretty quick so it doesn't make sense or need some additional information or explaining, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and effort on a great product.

Sorry about the issue. I myself made several multi-figure scenes through the FREE player, but the issue you are mentioning occurred in a few times. The issue was usually related on having multiple figures with the same name.
    The 'trick' that should make it is to rename figures before applying the preset: for example, if you have 3 Genesis models, name one 'kiddo 01', another 'teacher 01', and another one 'kiddo 02' and so on.
    That should make it.
    We are starting the beta in a few hours and we are aware that there are a number of issues and glitches yet to be addressed, and so any help in finding and squeezing these kind of bugs will be greatly appreciated.

edited August 2013

Ok folks, so if you like you can start registering to the beta bug tracker site here: http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com

To register, you will first be asked the enter a valid email. After that, you'll receive a confirmation email that will ask to complete the registration (you'll need to enter also the Installation Code for LAMH, found in your DAZ Account - my Serial Numbers Page).

Once that is done, you have a valid account and you can start browsing the bug list (which has already some entries), download the PDF notes document, and in a few hours the beta zip file links will be enabled and ready.

Attached the login screen and main screen (after successful login).

The bug-tracker interface is very basic, but should be fairly easy to use. In any case let us know if you need help with it: you can email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

You'll see that there are clickable links to file a 'New' bug, 'Search' for bugs, a 'All Bugs' link that will show all the current issues yet to be addressed.

We look very much forward to your input as it will be critical to make LAMH a better product, so the more to participate, the better!

Thanks

logged_in_screen.jpg
    1238 x 789 - 238K
    login_screen.jpg
    1237 x 797 - 242K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

All signed up and awaiting the active link for the 64 bit beta :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    All signed up and awaiting the active link for the 64 bit beta :)

Very good Simon, I'll make sure to post as soon as the links are ready in a few hours.

edited December 1969

I'm all signed up and ready also. :)

edited December 1969

I'm all signed up and ready also. :)

• millighostmillighost Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

You mentioned something about an NDA, where does that come in?

edited August 2013

Hey whispers, about the issue you depicted, I'm almost certain that there might be a bug somewhere, otherwise you shouldn't get that misbehaviour.
    However, here is how multifigure is intended to work on current Free Player and the upcoming beta.
    In the example, I loaded and posed 3 Genesis and after that, I renamed those as Man1, Man2, Man3.
    Then I applied a preset to each of the figures, eventually moving or posing the models again, and rendered.
    It all worked well for me but, as I said, it doesn't mean that there isn't an issue somewhere.

You might try to replicate my steps in your scene and see if that does hopefully help.

mf2.jpg
    1030 x 961 - 138K
    mf1.jpg
    1915 x 1070 - 283K
    edited August 2013

You mentioned something about an NDA, where does that come in?

It should appear as you complete the registration (where you also enter the Installation Code), it's enclosed in a text area.

To clarify once more about the NDA, it is only limited during the test/use of beta features as this is not a general release.
    The beta program is for those folks who want to help with the development and get access to the newest features before other people.
    To this end there will be information that is not for general public consumption.

When the general release is made there NDA will cease.

edited December 1969

Hi. I will check it out. I purchased the full version this morning but will only install the free for now to stay in the ssme approximate environment for testing. I dont want to add anything new to the mix just yet.

edited August 2013

Hi. I will check it out. I purchased the full version this morning but will only install the free for now to stay in the ssme approximate environment for testing. I dont want to add anything new to the mix just yet.

Thanks for buying the full product. Anyway, you may easily switch (if you like) from the player to the full version just replacing the lamhPlugin.dll file (you can find it in your /Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/ folder), which is the only file that basically determines if you are running the full or free version.

In any case, if you need help with setting up the scene you wanted to achieve, let me know and I'll try to help as best I can.

edited August 2013

Beta download links are now enabled!

Please make sure to read the brief PDF notes and readme that comes with the zip file.

Thanks.

PS: forgot to say that for people interested in buying LAMH, as in the main announcement along the beta, we asked DAZ to put in on sale at 20% discount. That should be there in a few hours...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053
    edited December 1969

the NDA is the reason I will pass
    I would be too tempted to reveal too much by doing youtube animations
    looking forward to the final product.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

We're lenient guys, Wendy. If you want to post something, we're likely to say "yes."

Alex and I tend to be "open" with our testers and talk about upcoming features that aren't in the current beta/release as well as take in requests for features and discuss them with the testers. It is really that information that we're not wanting to get released. Almost anything produced with the current beta will probably be OK to release.

Kendall

edited December 1969

We're lenient guys, Wendy. If you want to post something, we're likely to say "yes."

Alex and I tend to be "open" with our testers and talk about upcoming features that aren't in the current beta/release as well as take in requests for features and discuss them with the testers. It is really that information that we're not wanting to get released. Almost anything produced with the current beta will probably be OK to release.

Kendall

Ditto this, please join.

edited December 1969

I downloaded and went through what I thought to do to install it but not seeing it studio when I start the program. So....I've never installed it manually or if I did I don't remember lol. I'm getting old.

So is there a quickie install guide? Everything I looked at I thought I did but I'm not seeing it so I know I've bound to miss something.

Thanks. If I can get it up and doing I should have quite a bit of time this weekend to test things out.

edited December 1969

I downloaded and went through what I thought to do to install it but not seeing it studio when I start the program. So....I've never installed it manually or if I did I don't remember lol. I'm getting old.

So is there a quickie install guide? Everything I looked at I thought I did but I'm not seeing it so I know I've bound to miss something.

Thanks. If I can get it up and doing I should have quite a bit of time this weekend to test things out.

Hi, did you unzip the files in your /Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/

If so, when you start DS, you should have a 'Create new LAMH object' in the Create Menu.

edited December 1969

Well at least I thought so. Here are the screenshots. I'm sure it's some stupid something I'm doing wrong.

Screenshot_(18).png
    1920 x 1080 - 177K
    Screenshot_(17).png
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
    edited December 1969

I also double checked. I am using Daz Studio 4.6 64 Bit and trying the 64 Bit version of LAMH.