Kit Bashing Japanese-style and/or Pacic Rim Type Mechs. What have you done?

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

Pacific Rim: Saber Athena

Pacific Rim: Saber Athena by tkdrobert

edited March 2019

Another kit-bashed mech

Guardian Mecha mrk II by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Mech Pilot.  Inspired by a comic series I've been reading called Mech Cadet Yu. 

Mech Pilot by tkdrobert

Robotech inspired mech

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Nice scene!

akmerlow said:

Nice scene!

Thank you.

Robotech: Ace of Aces

Robotech: Ace of Aces by tkdrobert

Robotech: Super Veritechs

Robotech: Super Veritechs by tkdrobert

More Robotech

Robotech: Carrier Ops by tkdrobert

It's even freebie?

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited April 2019
    tkdrobert said:
    akmerlow said:

Also keeping an eye on those tokusatsu/super sentai heroes

https://www.daz3d.com/zero-my-hero-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/regal-star-lance-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

One of my fav tv shows (just 6 episodes or so, though) from early 00s (of course i watched it years later though - in youth i only could watch Power Rangers), Giant Robo Mikazuki, combined nearly everything and managed to do it good... It had "super robot" mechas (retro vintage mechas controlled by psychic power of brain), it had more "technical engineering" mechs (with pilots inside cabins and all that gears and fuel stuff) , it had sentai heroes and antiheroes, it had kaijus (including famous WATERMELON godzilla-like) and more. And even managed to had decent plot to back up all this variety. 

Fun fact for gamers: there was a demo/prototype of official videogame for it, which was kind of cancelled, but developers made their own thing based on that (called Gigantic Drive aka Robot Alchemic Drive), those developers also made some more mecha games, but their most popular franchise is Earth Defense Force series, which has references to more things (1960s trash movies [yeah giant ants and ufos], kaiju, mecha [you can punch godzilla right in face with mecha, haahaha], anything..).

tkdrobert, another question i wanted to make clear. Do you know which models can transform aside from those at Vanishing Point?

The ones at Vanishing Point are the only ones I know of that Transform.

Chris Schell has some transformable mech similar to Robotech, with a few different style Earth jets (F14 being one if them) as well as some alien craft that transforms called the Solinoid. He has his own site for the craft and easily findable on Facebook, Deviantart as well as his page with the vehicles.
    dcpbnnq-33b49d52-7643-4a7e-9d99-d9f872d93d1e.jpg
    600 x 600 - 228K
    dcpbq00-1a75e92c-beac-4def-bcde-80969b14f4ab.jpg
    600 x 600 - 216K
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
    tkdrobert said:
    akmerlow said:

One of my fav tv shows (just 6 episodes or so, though) from early 00s (of course i watched it years later though - in youth i only could watch Power Rangers), Giant Robo Mikazuki, combined nearly everything and managed to do it good... It had "super robot" mechas (retro vintage mechas controlled by psychic power of brain), it had more "technical engineering" mechs (with pilots inside cabins and all that gears and fuel stuff) , it had sentai heroes and antiheroes, it had kaijus (including famous WATERMELON godzilla-like) and more. And even managed to had decent plot to back up all this variety. 

Fun fact for gamers: there was a demo/prototype of official videogame for it, which was kind of cancelled, but developers made their own thing based on that (called Gigantic Drive aka Robot Alchemic Drive), those developers also made some more mecha games, but their most popular franchise is Earth Defense Force series, which has references to more things (1960s trash movies [yeah giant ants and ufos], kaiju, mecha [you can punch godzilla right in face with mecha, haahaha], anything..).

tkdrobert, another question i wanted to make clear. Do you know which models can transform aside from those at Vanishing Point?

Chris Schell has some transformable mech similar to Robotech, with a few different style Earth jets (F14 being one if them) as well as some alien craft that transforms called the Solinoid. He has his own site for the craft and easily findable on Facebook, Deviantart as well as his page with the vehicles.

I have that alien fighter and the alien hive carrier (capital ship).

• TK, from your pick on the 27th - how to planes get from the aft landing portion of the carrier to the mid-deck parking area?  It looks like there might be an elevator at the end of the landing strip, but you'd only be able to move forward while it's up and I can't tell if it reaches to the mid-deck.

And are those turrets on the sides of the island?  That shoot... through anything moving on said elevator?

• Not much of a kitbash, but here's the mech my starfinder character uses.  It's basically the BEO2k10 with new shaders.  I like the idea of 'hair' as heat sinks that some shows use, so I added Zed hair.  And a force field from Genesis 2.  Shown with and without all the glowy bits.

Full Mech.png
    896 x 830 - 1M
    Full Mech - no glow.png
    896 x 830 - 1M

TK, from your pick on the 27th - how to planes get from the aft landing portion of the carrier to the mid-deck parking area?  It looks like there might be an elevator at the end of the landing strip, but you'd only be able to move forward while it's up and I can't tell if it reaches to the mid-deck.

And are those turrets on the sides of the island?  That shoot... through anything moving on said elevator?

I'm pretty sure there is an elevator in the back.  I'd have to load the model again and check.  There are turrents on the island that can be rotated and elevated.  I was playing with one and didn't put it back to it's original position, so it looks like it's pointed at anyone that lands on that side,

Not much of a kitbash, but here's the mech my starfinder character uses.  It's basically the BEO2k10 with new shaders.  I like the idea of 'hair' as heat sinks that some shows use, so I added Zed hair.  And a force field from Genesis 2.  Shown with and without all the glowy bits.

That's a very interesting look.

tkdrobert said:
    akmerlow said:

Chris Schell is shutting down his site.  You can still buy some of his products that are available at other sites.  So, that's one less source for any new mechs.  sad

edited May 2019

Oh no!!

Also, not even providing "last time before death"? I mean, didnt even give 2 weeks, just removed all from site?! Not even having it depicted as complete catalogue..

Post edited by akmerlow on
    akmerlow said:

Oh no!!

Also, not even providing "last time before death"? I mean, didnt even give 2 weeks, just removed all from site?! Not even having it depicted as complete catalogue..

He was notified that at the end of May, his file host service is shutting down.  Due to personal issues and declining sales, he is not going to look for a new host and is shutting down.  He won't be totally gone from the 3D community, just not as active. 

I mean that instead of having site intact for 2 weeks now site is just home page with this text about situation. So you cant even see what was there.

akmerlow said:

I mean that instead of having site intact for 2 weeks now site is just home page with this text about situation. So you cant even see what was there.

Ah ok.  VanisgingPoint.biz has most of his products minus the newer jet/mecha he did recently.  It was of Russian design/anti-UN forces.

Robots galore

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/000cdf6c-7d82-4aea-b07b-af67226be1bc/ddfq3no-c5faca46-a218-4f22-b2a4-effa1af3cb12.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_820,q_80,strp/mars_defense_force_by_tkdrobert_ddfq3no-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDAwY2RmNmMtN2Q4Mi00YWVhLWIwN2ItYWY2NzIyNmJlMWJjXC9kZGZxM25vLWM1ZmFjYTQ2LWEyMTgtNGYyMi1iMmE0LWVmZmExYWYzY2IxMi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Guh9AD_GmGvWHP8xQ-7ldhpUUP0OYe9cdXVqktU5boY

My Iron Eagle by tkdrobert

• tkdrobert said:

My Iron Eagle by tkdrobert

As Roy Folker would say, "It's never been a game, Claudia...."

yes on a cool Skull 01

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited September 2019

Was going to use some mecha for something, but decided against the mecha plan.

Anyway, this was an effort. Base platform is DzFire's CyberMech 8. DzFire has a few robots that can work as a platform, and then you can use human poses on them.

The shoulder-mounted rocket pack is petipet's Rocket Platform mounted on a DzFire Nurnie/greeble thing. I took the Diffuse textures from the CyberMech, made them seamless via GIMP, and then applied to the shoulder mount.

The Rocket Platform uses the Grey texture map, but then I put a yellow/tan color in the Diffuse channel instead of white. It's not complicated, but it matches well enough.

Adding more greeblies might make it look closer to "Anime" or Pacific Rim. It's not difficult to borrow colors from the existing armor plate.

denoised_cybermech.jpg
    759 x 983 - 177K
    Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

Was going to use some mecha for something, but decided against the mecha plan.

Anyway, this was an effort. Base platform is DzFire's CyberMech 8. DzFire has a few robots that can work as a platform, and then you can use human poses on them.

The shoulder-mounted rocket pack is petipet's Rocket Platform mounted on a DzFire Nurnie/greeble thing. I took the Diffuse textures from the CyberMech, made them seamless via GIMP, and then applied to the shoulder mount.

The Rocket Platform uses the Grey texture map, but then I put a yellow/tan color in the Diffuse channel instead of white. It's not complicated, but it matches well enough.

Adding more greeblies might make it look closer to "Anime" or Pacific Rim. It's not difficult to borrow colors from the existing armor plate.

Nice.  I have that mech on my wish list.  I have several of Dfire’s products.  His humanoid robots are great but they don’t look like mecha that someone would pilot.  That’s mostly due to them being open in the chest area.  “My parts are showing?”-C3PO. LOL

Pacific Rim: November Ajax:

Pacific Rim: November Ajax by tkdrobert

Nice! Very cinematik.