Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

1565758596062»

Comments

• And now hopefully taking the tread back to purpose here are some uniform variations

Inspired by (from left to right) TOS, Discovery, TNG 

ST Red.png
    1647 x 860 - 2M
    ST Yellow.png
    1647 x 860 - 2M
    ST Blue.png
    1647 x 860 - 2M
  • FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 111
    edited May 23

I don't normally openly endorse another person's work like this, but I'm making an exception for tnpir4002. The fact that he did an entire CG fanfilm saga basically all by himself, using DAZ's predecessor mind you (if I remember he built all the CG sets in Bryce), is nothing short of impressive to say the least.

Utimately tnpir4002 was among the people who originally inspired me to do what I do.

So my own rendition of his series' main character Dr. Braiyon "Drackus" Garr.

Dr_Braiyon_Garr_5_22_2024.png
    3840 x 3072 - 4M
    Post edited by FleetAdmiral01 on
  • FleetAdmiral01 said:

I don't normally openly endorse another person's work like this, but I'm making an exception for tnpir4002. The fact that he did an entire CG fanfilm saga basically all by himself, using DAZ's predecessor mind you (if I remember he built all the CG sets in Bryce), is nothing short of impressive to say the least.

Utimately tnpir4002 was among the people who originally inspired me to do what I do.

So my own rendition of his series' main character Dr. Braiyon "Drackus" Garr.

Nice work and yeah Tnpir's work is definitely impressive, I wonder now with AI how easier it would be to produce almost production-quality episodes with G8/9s, sets, AI voices and a good script? 

• backgroundbackground Posts: 375

I don't think any good script writer would spend time on a project which could never be completed without massive legal costs.

• need help: I swear I saw recently (I thought it was in the Daz store) an fx set of transporter effects?? but now can't seem to find them - anyone else seen them?

• rschulterschulte Posts: 489

draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

need help: I swear I saw recently (I thought it was in the Daz store) an fx set of transporter effects?? but now can't seem to find them - anyone else seen them?

I'm not certain about Daz3d, but .....look on rend**hub and search for vender "3dxg"

He has a transporter fx and weapon fx props which I was looking at.

future-weapons-vfx.jpg
    400 x 400 - 15K
    teleportation-effects-vfx.jpg
    400 x 400 - 31K
  • blutobluto Posts: 834
    edited May 26
    Post edited by bluto on
  • AntonioCC at Renderhub has "Sci-fi Uniform" for G8F/G8M, with free add-ons to make them into the Wrath of Khan era maroon uniforms.

This is something I've been trying to find for so long, I feel like I'm the only one still interested in this particular Trek iteration. Maybe it's a generational thing...

• Here are a couple of new bits - one is my version of the uniforms from the epilogue of Discovery

The next is Captain Chakotay - New Voyages 

And then Worf, Chakotay and Val (OC) from Section 31 

ST DiSCO.png
    1647 x 860 - 2M
    STRD Section 31.png
    1647 x 860 - 2M
    Captain Chakotay New Voyages.png
    1302 x 860 - 1M
  • vicster56vicster56 Posts: 74

Hey draven_11_74c1296a16 -- What product are you using for the middle shirt please? Excellent texturing work!!  Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-06-25 171622.jpg
    1278 x 826 - 125K
  • vicster56 said:

Hey draven_11_74c1296a16 -- What product are you using for the middle shirt please? Excellent texturing work!!  Thanks!

Funny enough just as the G9 version of this product lands (and looks like it would make a ST Discovery Jacket very nicely) - the one I used is the G8 version of the Fleet Commander Jacket

dForce Fleet Commander Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D

• vicster56vicster56 Posts: 74
    edited June 29

draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

vicster56 said:

Funny enough just as the G9 version of this product lands (and looks like it would make a ST Discovery Jacket very nicely) - the one I used is the G8 version of the Fleet Commander Jacket

dForce Fleet Commander Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D

Awesome & thanks so much!!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 152

This may have been touched on before, apologise if it has, But I was wondering does anyone know why the STAR TREK charaters by 3DUK have been removed from RENDERHUB? They are also removed from his DEVIANTART.COM site too, I tried messaging him/her directly a while ago on both sites, but got no reply.

I resally wanted those STAR TREK characters and was saving upfor them all, but now they are gone.

Cheers

• seanrseanr Posts: 0

Dodger said:

OK, "Human for the 3D&D Klingon" is up now. Ten full outfits and a human CR2. And some crap hair. Oh, and that pose that's always used in the "this is what all the star trek uniforms look like and I'm obsessive compulsive so I have to draw every one that ever was imagined" pictures you see.

https://sharecg.com/v/97958/view/11/Poser/Human-for-the-3DD-Klingon

What happened to this link - getting a 404? I am extremely interested in that monster maroon uniform. If anyone knows where I can cand one of similar quality, I'd really appreciate it.

• randym77randym77 Posts: 274

seanr said:

Dodger said:

OK, "Human for the 3D&D Klingon" is up now. Ten full outfits and a human CR2. And some crap hair. Oh, and that pose that's always used in the "this is what all the star trek uniforms look like and I'm obsessive compulsive so I have to draw every one that ever was imagined" pictures you see.

https://sharecg.com/v/97958/view/11/Poser/Human-for-the-3DD-Klingon

What happened to this link - getting a 404? I am extremely interested in that monster maroon uniform. If anyone knows where I can cand one of similar quality, I'd really appreciate it.

Interesting. Dodger's Klingon and most of the stuff for it is gone from ShareCG.His other stuff is still there. I wonder if the copyright police got it taken down.

If it's the Wrath of Khan era uniform you want...there's a uniform for M4 at Renderosity. "Space Fleet Uniform (M4)"

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

I've seen a couple of unique figures (2 that I have seen so far) that were formerly free appear within Renderosity's Marketplace (for purchase) under the "VanishingPoint" name.

• randym77randym77 Posts: 274

I don't think Dodger would sell at Renderosity. He does have stuff for sale at ShareCG.

• Dumb question #6821

Apart from Mylochka's impressive work with TOS styles, are there any other Vulcan or Romulan hairstyles available out in the wild ? Variations in the Bowl or Bob cuts seem to be the most common for both species but I'm having greater difficulty finding the sharper V bang styled Romulan hair. Was this style used regularly or only by certain military groups like the Tal Shiar ?

Looking for some that would be good for post-TNG imagery. I accept that any would need additional transmaps to correctly angle the sideburns.

Weird.AL.Einstein said:

AntonioCC at Renderhub has "Sci-fi Uniform" for G8F/G8M, with free add-ons to make them into the Wrath of Khan era maroon uniforms.

This is something I've been trying to find for so long, I feel like I'm the only one still interested in this particular Trek iteration. Maybe it's a generational thing...

Thefigureguy just released his free WOK uniforms....

https://www.deviantart.com/thefigureguy/art/ST-TWOK-Command-Uniform-For-G8-1085453109

st_twok_command_uniform_for_g8_by_thefigureguy_dhy90z9-414w-2x.jpg
    828 x 817 - 102K
  • galattgalatt Posts: 223

Does anyone know if there is a model of the Odessey classs bridge available somewhere?

• galatt said:

Does anyone know if there is a model of the Odessey classs bridge available somewhere?

I have set it up both the classic one and the later Yorktown refit one but not for DAZ however.

• galattgalatt Posts: 223

FleetAdmiral01 said:

galatt said:

I have set it up both the classic one and the later Yorktown refit one but not for DAZ however.

I do have access to Blender and Sketchup as well

• kd8gxwkd8gxw Posts: 13

Does anyone know where to find the Enterprise A or Constitution Refit? It seems like I've looked everywhere. I got the Miranda from Vanishing Point for free, but they didn't have the "A". I've looked here and there but have not seen the "Wrath of Khan" ship.

• kd8gxw said:

Does anyone know where to find the Enterprise A or Constitution Refit? It seems like I've looked everywhere. I got the Miranda from Vanishing Point for free, but they didn't have the "A". I've looked here and there but have not seen the "Wrath of Khan" ship.

Trek Meshes has several ships, including the Enterprise-A, already converted for Poser. 

kd8gxw said:

https://www.deviantart.com/chrispy-shipyards/gallery/86969158/star-trek-ships-free-download

rosity has a fewv transporter effect sets ,

klingons

test 1 purple.jpg
    959 x 1439 - 737K
    test 1 brown.jpg
    959 x 1439 - 762K
    test 1 gold.jpg
    959 x 1439 - 723K
    test 1 grey.jpg
    959 x 1439 - 706K
  • kd8gxwkd8gxw Posts: 13

rschulte said:

kd8gxw said:

https://www.deviantart.com/chrispy-shipyards/gallery/86969158/star-trek-ships-free-download

I have searched here. There is the SNW Concept ships one and two that sort of look like the A and there isn't any Enterprise A under TOS-TMP 

kd8gxw said:

rschulte said:

kd8gxw said:

I have searched here. There is the SNW Concept ships one and two that sort of look like the A and there isn't any Enterprise A under TOS-TMP 

https://trekmeshes.eu/download

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,362
    edited August 27

Just messing around. 

"Everyone knows she carries the whole ship."

DS_Una_Chin_Riley_Holding_Enterprise_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Gogger on