Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 830

thanks handy

• So does anyoneone know of a ST:Discovery

uniform, or can suggest an item that could be modified?

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230

Another test shot of the new klingon weaons by Bluto and uniform textures by Mylochka real cool designs

Klingon Group.png
    2547 x 1910 - 6M
  • handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
    edited February 2019

Garrett goes for a walk.

Ok...
    Garrett takes another walk but this time she brings the EVAR pack.
    I still need to add some more detail to it like color, patches and buckles etc.Walking the hull of even an Arbiter is a long, time consuming deal.
    What Garrett needed was an EVA, Thrust Pack.

EVA 000.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 251K
    EVA 001.jpg
    1169 x 601 - 337K
    EVA 001E.jpg
    1197 x 602 - 311K
    Post edited by handyman4545 on
  • A new shot of the Arbiter

USS Arbiter 013.jpg
    1290 x 856 - 781K
  • A new shot of the Arbiter

Nice ship

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

I was just scanning the list on page one looking for clothing items and I notice that this item I posted a long time ago doesn't appear to be on it.  Maybe it can be added in the future.  I've never seen a render with it being used so I suppose it's not much in demand but it does exist at least.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86070/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Trek-TWOK-Excursion-Coat-Genesis-2-Male

TWOK Coat.png
    600 x 464 - 310K
  • I was just scanning the list on page one looking for clothing items and I notice that this item I posted a long time ago doesn't appear to be on it.  Maybe it can be added in the future.  I've never seen a render with it being used so I suppose it's not much in demand but it does exist at least.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86070/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Trek-TWOK-Excursion-Coat-Genesis-2-Male

I will gently nudge Shadowhawk on this one. :)

She's coming along!

• Check this out...

• blutobluto Posts: 830
    So if anybody is looking for a check like starship bridge check this out https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2931161
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Check this out...

Very nice, what type of printer? I grabbed a printer last October and I've been having such a blast printing things I've hardly done any 2D renders since then.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Check this out...

Very nice, what type of printer? I grabbed a printer last October and I've been having such a blast printing things I've hardly done any 2D renders since then.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• bluto said:
    So if anybody is looking for a check like starship bridge check this out https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2931161

Well for some reason I can't go there. I get told I'm not allowed.

• bluto said:

Well for some reason I can't go there. I get told I'm not allowed.

Maybe because it's in the Prime Forum which is probably only available to Prime members

• I had the same problem.
    I just gave up on it.

• I have no idea. A disclaimer might have been nice.

• Might want to do some looking over at Vanishing Point

edited February 2019

I finally finished piecing her up.

She now has 14 pieces that either snap or slip together and will come in 6", 12" and 16" lengths.
    There are more shots of her on my Dev-Art site.

I expect to have the first print in a week or so.
    I'll update the pics then.

• I'm looking for three uniforms if anyone can help me find them.
    A uniform from Star Trek Discovery, a unform from Star Trek Beyond, and the academy uniform from Star Trek 2009.
    As well as a TOS uniform.

• I don't know if my first post went through, but I'm looking to do a fan edit project, which involves compositing new uniforms and sets over existing TOS footage.
    I want to do this for select scenes from Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and TOS.
    I'm looking to mix up some uniform designs, and have had no luck on deviant art in finding what I'm looking for.
    I just found this forum, and started using DAZ 3d a few months ago.
    I was hoping to mix elements of the Star Trek Beyond Uniform, and the TOS uniform, with a Discovery style badge, for the TOS era, with a black undershirt.
    For the movie era footage, I was hoping to mix elements of the Discovery uniform with the Academy uniform from Star Trek 2009, essentially, the only element I wanted to mix up for that uniform was this, the medical uniform has a Discovery style collar, and is completely white.
    The movie era uniform that I wanted to use, from my specs, 
    Red for command
    Blue for science
    Yellow for security
    White for medical personell.
    I think Shatner looked better in red, but I was hoping to do this project because I envisioned something epic in my head.
    If anyone could help me out finding what I'm looking for that would be awesome.
    Essentially it's 6 items in total that I need.

edited February 2019

The Arbiter is now in model form.
    There are more pics of the model on my website but here are a couple, the first from Iray. The balance from 3Delight.

The process took me maybe 6 hours I think.
    Less than the Akyazi anyway.

Now I'm on to marketing and designing the Akula version.

Arbiter Model 030.png
    800 x 532 - 168K
    Arbiter Model 033.png
    800 x 532 - 316K
    Arbiter Model 031.png
    800 x 532 - 219K
    Arbiter Model Iray.png
    800 x 532 - 365K
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

The Arbiter is now in model form.
    There are more pics of the model on my website but here are a couple, the first from Iray. The balance from 3Delight.

The process took me maybe 6 hours I think.
    Less than the Akyazi anyway.

Now I'm on to marketing and designing the Akula version.

Your modeling work looks awesome!

• Lt Sutok and Ensign T'Peri of the USS Divergant

Lt Sutok and Esign T'Peri.png
    1270 x 987 - 2M
  • I've been.... busy since my last post with content here.

First up, I built what would amount to Nine-Forward on a Galaxy Class, but is a lounge on an Ambassador Refit called The Forecastle. 

Then I moved into a version of Engineering based off my Ambassador Class sketch for Engineering I did up last year. It's about half done. 

Then I figured out I could dress my set for a more user-friendly version of the 23rd Century Engineering for my Challenger ideas that start just before the TMP refit, hence the Phase II set dressings. :) 

​What's a starship without a jefferies corridor?  I opted for 'corridor' instead of tubes, although I built a vertical version.  Based loosely off the Enterprise A set. 

And that's what led me to going in an completely over-hauling my transporter room set from almost three years ago now. I used the bones I'd built three years ago and applied a lot of the modeling techniques I've learned working on these along the way. :)

24th_century_forward_lounge___the_forecastle.jpg
    1024 x 2304 - 182K
    24th_century_engineering_wip_03.jpg
    1024 x 1152 - 102K
    23rd_century_engineering_wip_02.jpg
    1024 x 1152 - 118K
    23rd_century_engineering_warp_core__overhead.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 80K
    23rd_century_jefferies_access_corridor.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 48K
    transporter_room_rebuild_2019.jpg
    1024 x 1152 - 125K
  • Wow!
    Wickedly well done Ash!
    I like the M/AM tubes but I'd love to see a mixing chamber somewhere in the line as well.
    Perhaps a new color?
    Maybe a console in front with a cool looking flow chart?

Great job!

• I started playing around with ground to ground, assault ships and decided to look into a troop and cargo carrier.

The Reaper.

Capture006.JPG
    750 x 299 - 49K
    Capture007.JPG
    750 x 340 - 52K
    Capture008.JPG
    750 x 357 - 57K
  • Rendered in iRay.
    Just a fast surfaces treatment. I'll do the actual meshes and UV later.
    Still working at understanding Daz. Can't seem to get the canopy glass translucent enough to see the figures.
    Only the glass was material ed so no other details yet.
    The turbine intakes on the side of the fuselage have a fan inside. I'm quite proud of that. I had to think about how to render it in Hex and it came to me after only one other try.
    There is a VTOL exhaust on the rear of the turbine engine that is independent of the model and if I decide to pursue this idea further, will be rigged for movement.
    I'm also working on articulating landing legs.
    Otherwise it's your arguably standard ST type warp drive vessel.

Reaper 005.jpg
    750 x 347 - 149K
  • AND HERE IT IS!!

[IMG] 

The 3D nylon version of the USS Akitsu 
    (see My Akitsu for additional pics & details)
    Measuring a whopping 8" in length by 3.25" in width and 2.5" high on its stand.
    It's a rare, one of a kind model for your personal collection!

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I was just scanning the list on page one looking for clothing items and I notice that this item I posted a long time ago doesn't appear to be on it.  Maybe it can be added in the future.  I've never seen a render with it being used so I suppose it's not much in demand but it does exist at least.

I will gently nudge Shadowhawk on this one. :)

She's coming along!

Just stopped by for the first time since leaving and saw this. I will add it to the list. Thanks Ashley and Grinch. Not sure if I am really back or not  but I just kind of popped int to see how it was going.