Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited September 2018

Oh I just had a thought ......oh @PedroFurtadoArts ( I hope this doesn't get me shot) is there any chance you could Cartoonize DAZ Dog 8? or is that asking too much ? It's your own fault you know for making such a great product .......

my contribution

catoonizer2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 696K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2018

Cartoonized Destini.

This is such a fun product! I have to stop messing with it though as I have to get back to work. lol I could play with this all day but then bills won't get paid. hehe I'm looking forward to seeing more renders posted! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

That's weird. I didn't use that character when I set up the presets. :(

Is anyone else getting those errors?

@Divamakeup
    The Ekaterina references are definitely in the skin strength helpers B,C, and D. Open the duf file with a text editor, and you can see them. 

I used Preset Cleaner to save Strength B, C, and D and used Strength A as their template. It's distressing that it added files that I didn't include. I hope that it was just a weird glitch - because I hope to be able to use Preset Cleaner for my commercial products.

Here's version 2 of the Toon Skin Helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcur68usaxsdy1q/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver2.zip?dl=0

I've manually saved out Strength B, C, and D so there SHOULDN'T (*crosses fingers*) be any other included settings. 

I also added "Lips OFF" and "Nails OFF" presets based on your feedback.

You should be able to just delete the "Divas Toon Skin Helper" file from your Shader Presets file and replace it with the one at the above link. :) Let me know if you still get any error message.

@Divamakeup Strengths B,C, and D no longer display the image map errors, but they set the diffuse overlay skin tone back to the Caucasian tone, even though I had applied the dark tone.

Edit to add: I like the options to remove the overlay from lips and nails! It would be great to have presets to remove it from the skin and remove it from the eyes, to conveniently get back to the original skin settings. (Toon Skin Helper Off, Toon Eye Helper Off)

The "!" seem to be in kind of an unusual place in the preset names. For skin, it is in front of the word Skin. For eyes, it is at the end after the word Helper. The skin strength presets have the "!", but the eye strength presets do not. I've never understood why those "!" are added anyway, so maybe there is a reason for where they are. smiley

I don't have time right now but I'll try and set up the strength settings so that they don't apply color too. 

The "!" is so that they show up in the order that I want them in. It doesn't effect anything but the order that it shows up in the folder. ... Not sure why it's a bother. lol That's being a bit nit-picky for a freebie product, imo. :P

I'm not trying to be nit-picky. blush You asked for feedback. wink The "!" thing was just something I didn't understand, so I asked. Thanks for the explanation.smiley

RKane_1 said:
    Artini said:
    RKane_1 said:

I apologize. How is this figure significantly different from The Girl 8 or the more recent and excellent Toon Girl and Girlish Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) used incrementally?

Can we a side by side comparison?  I would be intrigued to see the differences. Thanks! :)

Toon Girl is just a one character. Cartoonize can create a lot of different toon characters from ANY Genesis 8 Female character you own and with ANY increments.

This is a big difference.

Egads, not so. Have you tried Toon Girl? Same for Toon boy?

RKane_1 said:

I apologize. How is this figure significantly different from The Girl 8 or the more recent and excellent Toon Girl and Girlish Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) used incrementally?

Can we a side by side comparison?  I would be intrigued to see the differences. Thanks! :)

Right off the bat Cartoonized is a set of morphs intended to create caricatures of existing models/people and Toon Girl and the set of Girl 8 caricatures is intended to be uniquely what they are and not caricatures of existing models/people. Even though they really are caricatures the older products don't lend themselves at all to making caricatures of existing models/people. 

Toon Girl and Boy and Girl 8 for that matter work well incrementally, but I understand there are some shader options that may go a long way towards inclining me to buy? Is this true?

DivaMakeup has made a freebie Toon Shader and mentioned a possible product to enlarge on that but thee freebie is great if you use IRay ,I don't I still use 3DL ,I also love adding ToonGeneration 2 to my character mixes which I think would be similar to Toon Girl and Boy but there are also added morphs in Cartoonizer that makes it really good ,pretty much it adds more varity to the pot .

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    scorpio said:

On the promise of a male I did pick up the female.

Cartoonize and some extra dial spins.

Looks great. Was that glowy effect done in render or post?

barbult said:

Here is a comparison of the basic cartoonized character and one using the techniques of Diva's Toon Skin Helper. I applied the toon skin helper and then adjusted the diffuse overlay colors of the skin (darker) and the lips (red instead of brown). I manually modified the hair to remove the transparency map and some other maps to give it a toony look. I also used a flat color on the dress.

I have this hair but have never used it but after seeing how it looks after your modifications I'm going to need to try that myself. It looks great.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    RKane_1 said:

If you're looking for the ability to customize other characters, I think you're getting more versatility out of the box with this guys product.  You get several head shapes, several jaw shapes, several eye shapes and several body shapes.

Now, with my Toon Boy and Girl, you're getting one carefuly crafted character and the ability to mix and match with other characters.  You also get character materials, an outfit each, and eyebrows.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

That's weird. I didn't use that character when I set up the presets. :(

Is anyone else getting those errors?

@Divamakeup
    The Ekaterina references are definitely in the skin strength helpers B,C, and D. Open the duf file with a text editor, and you can see them. 

I used Preset Cleaner to save Strength B, C, and D and used Strength A as their template. It's distressing that it added files that I didn't include. I hope that it was just a weird glitch - because I hope to be able to use Preset Cleaner for my commercial products.

Here's version 2 of the Toon Skin Helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcur68usaxsdy1q/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver2.zip?dl=0

I've manually saved out Strength B, C, and D so there SHOULDN'T (*crosses fingers*) be any other included settings. 

I also added "Lips OFF" and "Nails OFF" presets based on your feedback.

You should be able to just delete the "Divas Toon Skin Helper" file from your Shader Presets file and replace it with the one at the above link. :) Let me know if you still get any error message.

@Divamakeup Strengths B,C, and D no longer display the image map errors, but they set the diffuse overlay skin tone back to the Caucasian tone, even though I had applied the dark tone.

Edit to add: I like the options to remove the overlay from lips and nails! It would be great to have presets to remove it from the skin and remove it from the eyes, to conveniently get back to the original skin settings. (Toon Skin Helper Off, Toon Eye Helper Off)

The "!" seem to be in kind of an unusual place in the preset names. For skin, it is in front of the word Skin. For eyes, it is at the end after the word Helper. The skin strength presets have the "!", but the eye strength presets do not. I've never understood why those "!" are added anyway, so maybe there is a reason for where they are. smiley

I don't have time right now but I'll try and set up the strength settings so that they don't apply color too. 

The "!" is so that they show up in the order that I want them in. It doesn't effect anything but the order that it shows up in the folder. ... Not sure why it's a bother. lol That's being a bit nit-picky for a freebie product, imo. :P

I'm not trying to be nit-picky. blush You asked for feedback. wink The "!" thing was just something I didn't understand, so I asked. Thanks for the explanation.smiley

Oh I'm sorry! Now it's my turn to blush. hehe I thought you were like complaining about them. I misunderstood. I'm sorry! :)

I really appreciate the feedback on the settings and will see if I can make some mods and update it later on this evening. Thanks again for testing it!

• PFAPFA Posts: 117

Hi Guys I just wanted to Show you How GIRL 8 Looks with Cartoonized and this is how she looks !

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

Right off the bat Cartoonized is a set of morphs intended to create caricatures of existing models/people and Toon Girl and the set of Girl 8 caricatures is intended to be uniquely what they are and not caricatures of existing models/people. Even though they really are caricatures the older products don't lend themselves at all to making caricatures of existing models/people. 

JoeQuick said:
    RKane_1 said:

If you're looking for the ability to customize other characters, I think you're getting more versatility out of the box with this guys product.  You get several head shapes, several jaw shapes, several eye shapes and several body shapes.

Now, with my Toon Boy and Girl, you're getting one carefuly crafted character and the ability to mix and match with other characters.  You also get character materials, an outfit each, and eyebrows.

Thanks, Joe. I have been using yours lately and getting into cartoon renders. I like having a lot to choose from and Toon Girl and Boy are great for doing so. I was intrigued by thgis as well as it does something similar but different enough, I think, to warrant purchase. Thanks for the input, Joe! :)

EDIT: ESPECIALLY if there is a male figure in oprocess of being made. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited September 2018

Victoria8Cartoonized plus a couple of the Cartoonizer morphs

Vicky8Cartoonized.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2018
    Ktarya04pic01HDRcolor.jpg
    760 x 1080 - 223K
    Post edited by Artini on

Hi Guys I just wanted to Show you How GIRL 8 Looks with Cartoonized and this is how she looks !

super

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    Super excited now. Soon as the male version comes out, I'll buy both. Finances willing!
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

This is an amazing productl Looked it over the other day and had no one critique about it... it's gorgeous but like many I was thinking "not going to buy if it's just for the ladies, I need it for both" and here you are doing it.  Are you going to do a bundle with this once the one for the boys is ready?  That would be awesome.  

Thanks for a great product and Thanks to Diva for her freebie to enhance your product.  Very nice hon!  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    edited September 2018

Another way to get a smoother toon look is to use the denoiser in the in the DS 4.11 beta. I tried that here on the Bella Bleu skin. The denoiser did a nice job on the hair, too. Using the denoiser also speeds up the render a lot, because when you want a smooth result anyway, you can stop the render very early. I set the denoiser to 200 iterations and let it render only a few more than that.

Bella Bleu Cartoonized denoised_002 PS.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 742K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 902
    edited September 2018

I love this product! Everyone is making such wonderful toons. 

Here's my first try with it, using QX Carah for Teen Kaylee 8 and Divamakeup's toon skin and eye presets. 

QX Carah Cartoonized.png
    800 x 640 - 379K
    Post edited by Quixotry on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Cypher (Zelara based thing) + Cartoonized 50%, then used my Oso Toon to filter it toony.

Cyphertoon.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 433K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Nice work everybody, this seems like a lot of fun!

edited September 2018

Ok, here's version 3 of the toon skin helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/huro9xk4jq5vuz1/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver3.zip?dl=0

I've added "OFF" presets for the eye overlay and another for the skin overlay. And the strength settings should (hopefully) be fixed now to only change the strength of setting without changing the overlay color.

Hopefully you guys find it helpful. If there are major issues with it let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Otherwise this has to be the last version so I can focus on other stuff. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2018

Thanks a lot for the skin helper, Diva. It adds very useful extras to the already awesome product.

Post edited by Artini on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Thank you @Divamakeup smiley I was working on something else yesterday and didn't get a chance to try them. But, this morning I had a little play and I love them! It's really kind of you to do this, these skin settings make a huge difference.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2018

This is a quick pose and render of a cartoonized Madeline using @Divamakeup's skin and eye toon helpers. 

Madeline-cartoonized-close-upWEB.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 481K
    Madeline-cartoonizedWEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 604K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ok, here's version 3 of the toon skin helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/huro9xk4jq5vuz1/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver3.zip?dl=0

I've added "OFF" presets for the eye overlay and another for the skin overlay. And the strength settings should (hopefully) be fixed now to only change the strength of setting without changing the overlay color.

Hopefully you guys find it helpful. If there are major issues with it let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Otherwise this has to be the last version so I can focus on other stuff. :)

Looks great @divamakeup ! I'll be more than happy to test these out once I get done with a few other things. wink

• carrie58 said:

Oh I just had a thought ......oh @PedroFurtadoArts ( I hope this doesn't get me shot) is there any chance you could Cartoonize DAZ Dog 8? or is that asking too much ? It's your own fault you know for making such a great product .......

my contribution

Would love to see the Daz Dog 8 get some too pizzazz! Maybe a team up with 3D Universe LadyLittle Fox or Capsces could get us a whole big range of cartoon dog breeds and tons of personality!
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Seems Beth has kinda' "retired" from "morphing" figures.  Since the introduction of the Genesis line, Capsces has mainly just offered "pose" sets.

Actually, this package reminds me of the stuff Beth Capsces used to release.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited September 2018

This is a mix of TeenJosie8 Baby Rosie and Cartooonizer ,I have to say it's so nice to have some thing to keep my mind busy!! love it!!

teenjosiebabyrosiecartoonizer.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited September 2018

I can't tell you how much I love this product! It adds cuteness or creativity to anything you do! Can't wait for male version! And if there could be a version for the Daz Dog, Dragon, Big Cat (if they are doing new ones but fine on the old ones,) I'd be in heaven!

If you want more toony skin, you can also try characters by 3DU or some by Thorne if you have them or Zevo's Growing up has children's skin, (3DU here) but I kind of like the realistic skin on most characters, especially the older ones. Cartoonized has become my favorite new product by a landslide!

Brynn Lara Cartoonized.JPG
    459 x 600 - 305K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited September 2018

dodododo still playing when I can

toonyfairy.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • I can't tell you how much I love this product! It adds cuteness or creativity to anything you do! Can't wait for male version! And if there could be a version for the Daz Dog, Dragon, Big Cat (if they are doing new ones but fine on the old ones,) I'd be in heaven!

If you want more toony skin, you can also try characters by 3DU or some by Thorne if you have them or Zevo's Growing up has children's skin, (3DU here) but I kind of like the realistic skin on most characters, especially the older ones. Cartoonized has become my favorite new product by a landslide!

very very cute @wonderland