Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

OK, I decided to go ahead & buy female product now but it says there are 10 face shapes and 8 body shapes but I can only find 4 head shapes and 4 body shapes. Do the extra 6 shapes come from counting the unmorphed realistic head & body shape as a 2 shapes & then the Cartoonized preset is counted as a head & body shape so 2 more and then each of the 4 head shape presets and body shape presets (sliders) apply to the cartoonized head & body & uncartoonized head & body count as 2 more for each slider?

Anyway, I like your product. This is a caricature of Debbie Harry aka Blondie I used it for.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178

There only seem to be 4 morphs in any of the categories. We are definitely missing a lot of the advertised content in this product. I am going to submit a help request about the missing files.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311

Couldn't help but have a go at it as well.

Here's my first attempt.

FS_Nyao_Kinley_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 160K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311

And I have to admit, I was a little on the fence until I saw Xenogirl posted here.  I like the one by Artini better, but I'm not done trying, not by a long shot!

FS_Winged_XenoGirl_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 177K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited September 2018

The other morphs  aren't missing look at HEAD / STYLIZED ,EYES / STYLIZED ,NOSE / STYLIZED ,MOUTH / STYLIZED ,FULL BODY / STYLIZED ,HEAD / STYLIZED , the dials are a royal blue and if you count positive and negative vales as giving you seperate shapes  I think that is all of them

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • @artini @wonderland @barbult, your renders are great.  @wonderland, I used the redz tutorial to transfer to G3F.

Here is Makeda for Genesis 3 Female by iSourceTextures

and Nicole by Mousso

MAKEDA TOON.png
    937 x 901 - 1M
    NICOLE TOON.png
    937 x 901 - 971K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

That's weird. I didn't use that character when I set up the presets. :(

Is anyone else getting those errors?

edited September 2018
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I realize I don't really know how to use your toon helpers. What surfaces am I supposed to apply each preset too? I selected "Skin", which doesn't include the lips, and applied the Toon !Skin Helper 2, but I see that it also applied diffuse overlay to the lips. That made me wonder if it is really a shader preset or a material preset. Can you clarify, please. I look forward to using them. Thanks.

They're not shaders - they're materials presets. I just saved them to Shader Presets because it was easier for me to set them up there. If you don't like the color on the lips, you can turn the Diffuse Overlay Weight down or off.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Gogger said:

Here's my first attempt.

Wow, so pretty

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2018
    Lasciare said:

@PedroFurtadoArts I love this product and I'm very pleased there will be a male version too. I'll be picking it up as soon as it's available :)

Here is my first test using Gail, Marigold and Khepri. I used the morph sliders at various levels to get these figures and then picked skins, eyes and makeup from among my various G8F characters.

Quick question though, I don't seem to have as many morph shapes as described in the promo. For example I have four face shapes rather than ten, and three jaw shapes rather than 8. It may be that I'm looking in the wrong place but I have tried to hunt them down. Where should I be looking? I've been typing 'cartoon' in the Parameters tab under Actor.

Very nice product!!

@Mollytabby:

Once cartoonized, your Gail character makes me think of Alice Braga in Queen of the south. What texture did you use ? I love the brows: they look so natural and fit the dark tone of skin.

@Lasciare the skin texture is from Thorne's Lara. It's such a beautiful skin. I  also have a range of The Girl and Sakura 8 models which have more toon-like skins and I used a couple of those on the other two girls.

I've just got up early to check on a render that I left running overnight and was stunned with the number of notifications I got from this thread! I love all the Cartoonized girls and I'm grinning from ear to ear because a male version is on the way :)

Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

@DivaMakeup thank you! I'm going to try your materials set as soon as my Daz Studio stops rendering, which could be several hours yet. I'm doing a realistic render at the moment.

@DivaMakeup thank you! I'm going to try your materials set as soon as my Daz Studio stops rendering, which could be several hours yet. I'm doing a realistic render at the moment.

You're welcome. Let me know if you get the same error messages as barbult did. If you do I may have to redo the settings. 

• Welcome PedroFurtado! Way to hit it out of the park on the first swing. I'll absolutely be getting the male set too, when it comes out. I cartoonized Zelara at about 65%

zelaaracatoon 64.6.png
    800 x 800 - 569K
  • LasciareLasciare Posts: 184
    edited September 2018

Lasciare said:

@PedroFurtadoArts I love this product and I'm very pleased there will be a male version too. I'll be picking it up as soon as it's available :)

Here is my first test using Gail, Marigold and Khepri. I used the morph sliders at various levels to get these figures and then picked skins, eyes and makeup from among my various G8F characters.

Quick question though, I don't seem to have as many morph shapes as described in the promo. For example I have four face shapes rather than ten, and three jaw shapes rather than 8. It may be that I'm looking in the wrong place but I have tried to hunt them down. Where should I be looking? I've been typing 'cartoon' in the Parameters tab under Actor.

Very nice product!!

@Mollytabby:

Once cartoonized, your Gail character makes me think of Alice Braga in Queen of the south. What texture did you use ? I love the brows: they look so natural and fit the dark tone of skin.

@Lasciare the skin texture is from Thorne's Lara. It's such a beautiful skin. I  also have a range of The Girl and Sakura 8 models which have more toon-like skins and I used a couple of those on the other two girls.

I've just got up early to check on a render that I left running overnight and was stunned with the number of notifications I got from this thread! I love all the Cartoonized girls and I'm grinning from ear to ear because a male version is on the way :)

Thank you so much :) 

Post edited by Lasciare on
  • Is there a chance for an "uncartoonize" tool. I've seen so many characters here, like the girl, that I'd like to see as realistic characters.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

OMG OMG OMG ! This is absolutely wonderful  !!! All your render with cartoonized, it makes me feel accomplished !! To be honest I thought It wouldn't be liked as much I wanted, Because, you know... Daz is more realistic, But it became very popular, even more than I wanted.laugh All this love is much appreciated, it is ! BTW in the next few days another "thing" is going to be released of my own , and let me tell you all, it is really nice and its also something you can apply to your favourite character, I had lot of fun creating it and I am pretty sure you guys will have a lot of fun with it , I can't tell you what it is because I don't want to ruin the big surprise BUT ! Daz loved it so much that they bought it... I'm gonna leave you guys guessing what it is . By the way for those who are Unsure , I am going to release FOR SURE !!!! the CARTOONIZED FOR GENESIS MALE 8, Perhaps still in this month  .
    Here is how he looks (There are still changes to do keep that in mind )

Great news - will wait for both products, then.

edited September 2018

So many great renders - thanks for posting them.

Also thanks to all, that commented them.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 2018

Great, I could help you with the decision, Gogger. It is such a unique product, that makes me happy all the time, I use it.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Waiting to see if we get a male version as well. Female toons alone don't work in a render with both genders...

edited September 2018

Cartoonized LECS - https://www.daz3d.com/lecs-for-genesis-8-females

with Cartoon Thick Body Shape set to 100%

Lecs01sc04pic01.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 123K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • PFAPFA Posts: 117
    carrie58 said:

The other morphs  aren't missing look at HEAD / STYLIZED ,EYES / STYLIZED ,NOSE / STYLIZED ,MOUTH / STYLIZED ,FULL BODY / STYLIZED ,HEAD / STYLIZED , the dials are a royal blue and if you count positive and negative vales as giving you seperate shapes  I think that is all of them

Yes , there are no Morphs missing , I design them to be used us positive and negative for example with "Rectangle/HourGlass Body Shape" You have the Rectangle Shape and The Hour Glass one 

By the Ways Guys Did you get The Cartoonized Eyelashes ?

Gogger said:

Here's my first attempt.

OMG SHE IS SO CUTE !!!! WELL DONE ! I would for sure love if there was a game with her !!!!!

One thing I noticed is that Iray skins often look quite realistic and can sometimes look a bit odd on toon shaped characters. Skin with visible pores and other types of realism details can give a little bit of an odd look to toon characters (just my opinion - and these kinds of things are subject to people's personal tastes and preferences).

Since Cartoonized does a beautiful job of giving less realism/toon looks to our favorite characters, I've created a mini-product to help give our favorite character's skin a more toon look as well. 

Here's a link where you can download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/023x21b4437vbno/Divas Toon Skin Helper.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it, open the folder, and drop the "Shader Presets" folder into your "My Library" folder. You should then be able to find it under Shader Presets >> Divas Toon Skin Helper.

I MAY do a similar product for the store later - with quite a few changes and a LOT more options, but for now consider this an "Alpha Test" freebie. lol 

Let me know if you guys get any errors or if you see anything wrong with it. And I'll do what I can to fix it.

Please note that these toon skin and eye helpers use the Diffuse Overlay channels, so they can't be coupled with makeup and/or brows that use diffuse channels (something Id have to try and find a solution for if I ever decided to make a similar product for the store).

Edie 8's skin textures before and after Toon Skin Helper:

I hope you guys find it helpful! Please let me know if you find any issues. :)

AWN DIVA !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA !!! AND EXCELLENT ADDITION TO CARTONNIZED !  

• Is it possible to make the head bigger and the body smaller like this: http://pin.it/7jaewozhf3lbkb

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

By the Ways Guys Did you get The Cartoonized Eyelashes ?

Yes, I used them on the render I posted. They are nice.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I apologize. How is this figure significantly different from The Girl 8 or the more recent and excellent Toon Girl and Girlish Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) used incrementally?

Can we a side by side comparison?  I would be intrigued to see the differences. Thanks! :)

edited September 2018
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

That's weird. I didn't use that character when I set up the presets. :(

Is anyone else getting those errors?

@Divamakeup
    The Ekaterina references are definitely in the skin strength helpers B,C, and D. Open the duf file with a text editor, and you can see them. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    Lasciare said:

Is it possible to make the head bigger and the body smaller like this: http://pin.it/7jaewozhf3lbkb

Chibi style. I think you would probably need to do it in two steps. Scale the whole Cartoonized figure down until the body is where you want it, and then try increasing the Head propgating scale. Might need to turn off limits, and be careful of the neck join. Probably be easier when using something with a separate head/body control.

edited September 2018

@PedroFurtadoArts what is "Cartoonized Reset All" supposed to do? I thought it would reset all the Cartoonized morphs  (remove them from the figure appearance), because it is listed as -Shape. However, it seems to apply the Cartoonized morph instead.

Edit:I think I figured it out. It resets all the extra morphs and just sets the basic morph.

Post edited by barbult on