Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• The only morph slider that I think is missing is for a cartoonized head morph only so you can adjust the head separately. In one test, I wanted to reduce the cartoonization a bit to the face and add more Thorne morphs but there seems to be no way to do this. Maybe if the product is popular enough (which I’m sure it will be, I know I LOVE it,) maybe @PedroFurtadoArts would consider adding that? I’m having so much fun with this product though! It’s addicting!

That's good to know, thank you. I imagine it would be very helpful to have a slider for overall head size.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    Artini said:

Thanks, Wonderland. It is Barbarian Warrior Outfit - https://www.daz3d.com/barbarian-warrior-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s

OMG, I have it! I was just looking for something like that too. Thanks,

The only morph slider that I think is missing is for a cartoonized head morph only so you can adjust the head separately. In one test, I wanted to reduce the cartoonization a bit to the face and add more Thorne morphs but there seems to be no way to do this. Maybe if the product is popular enough (which I’m sure it will be, I know I LOVE it,) maybe @PedroFurtadoArts would consider adding that? I’m having so much fun with this product though! It’s addicting!

That's good to know, thank you. I imagine it would be very helpful to have a slider for overall head size.

If you have Growing Up by Zevo, it comes with head propagating size but I would like a way sometimes to dial out a little tooning on the head to add some Thorning in (yes, I just made up that word LOL)

edited September 2018

OK, last one for now (I think!) Having too much fun with this! This is Cartoonized Minka for LaTonya.  I really was getting sick of realism. I love that this is somewhere in-between. Not totally toon but not aiming for photorealism, which, quite frankly, is starting to bore me...

Minka Cartoonized.PNG
    1368 x 1894 - 2M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2018

Wow, Minka looks great with such a treatment.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2018
    Hazel02pic02.jpg
    700 x 1080 - 88K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • PFAPFA Posts: 117

OMG OMG OMG ! This is absolutely wonderful  !!! All your render with cartoonized, it makes me feel accomplished !! To be honest I thought It wouldn't be liked as much I wanted, Because, you know... Daz is more realistic, But it became very popular, even more than I wanted.laugh All this love is much appreciated, it is ! BTW in the next few days another "thing" is going to be released of my own , and let me tell you all, it is really nice and its also something you can apply to your favourite character, I had lot of fun creating it and I am pretty sure you guys will have a lot of fun with it , I can't tell you what it is because I don't want to ruin the big surprise BUT ! Daz loved it so much that they bought it... I'm gonna leave you guys guessing what it is . By the way for those who are Unsure , I am going to release FOR SURE !!!! the CARTOONIZED FOR GENESIS MALE 8, Perhaps still in this month  .
    Here is how he looks (There are still changes to do keep that in mind )

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

OMG OMG OMG ! This is absolutely wonderful  !!! All your render with cartoonized, it makes me feel accomplished !! To be honest I thought It wouldn't be liked as much I wanted, Because, you know... Daz is more realistic, But it became very popular, even more than I wanted.laugh All this love is much appreciated, it is ! BTW in the next few days another "thing" is going to be released of my own , and let me tell you all, it is really nice and its also something you can apply to your favourite character, I had lot of fun creating it and I am pretty sure you guys will have a lot of fun with it , I can't tell you what it is because I don't want to ruin the big surprise BUT ! Daz loved it so much that they bought it... I'm gonna leave you guys guessing what it is . By the way for those who are Unsure , I am going to release FOR SURE !!!! the CARTOONIZED FOR GENESIS MALE 8, Perhaps still in this month  .

Excellant.

Great, thanks for adding a male! I look forward to both products.

Would you consider adding a cartoonized head slider so we can change the amount of cartooning just for the head if we need, without affecting the body?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Oh, excellent.

This really is a very nice variation of Cartoon style. 3D Universe and D. Master each have a very particular "look" to their work, as do classic 'Toons like the Girl. This isn't the same as any of these, but it seems to blend beautifully.

Which makes it more likely to be able to get incremental blends of different styles that you can put into a scene without throwing the whole look completely off.

• andya_b341b7c5f5andya_b341b7c5f5 Posts: 694
    edited September 2018

Very clever product idea, and not YABYW (Yet Another Beautiful Young Woman), nor yet more skimpwear.  Good to see such innovative thought.  Have bought it but not had time to use it yet.  From what's been posted here looks like the idea has been well executed.  Bravo!

Post edited by andya_b341b7c5f5 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Damn it you talked me into it!!

• This is the cutest thing.  Here is Akasha, a character by DemonicaEvilius and Silver (https://www.daz3d.com/akasha-for-genesis-3-female)

AKASHA TOON.png
    937 x 901 - 1M

This is the cutest thing.  Here is Akasha, a character by DemonicaEvilius and Silver (https://www.daz3d.com/akasha-for-genesis-3-female)

Wait, how did you get it to work on a G3 character?

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2018

Great product!

Would love a head only dial "cartoonizer" like @Wonderland suggested.

Grand'Ma not happy with me taking pictures of her!

18_cartoonize old lady.png
    450 x 600 - 408K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • @PedroFurtadoArts I love this product and I'm very pleased there will be a male version too. I'll be picking it up as soon as it's available :)

Here is my first test using Gail, Marigold and Khepri. I used the morph sliders at various levels to get these figures and then picked skins, eyes and makeup from among my various G8F characters.

Quick question though, I don't seem to have as many morph shapes as described in the promo. For example I have four face shapes rather than ten, and three jaw shapes rather than 8. It may be that I'm looking in the wrong place but I have tried to hunt them down. Where should I be looking? I've been typing 'cartoon' in the Parameters tab under Actor.

Very nice product!!

@Mollytabby:

Once cartoonized, your Gail character makes me think of Alice Braga in Queen of the south. What texture did you use ? I love the brows: they look so natural and fit the dark tone of skin.

Yes, I will Include separate head and body, stay tuned! 
    The shapes 1 at +100% really remind me of someone ....

edited September 2018

Great! Thanks!

Are you the creator of Edie and Ollie??.

Post edited by Wonderland on

Great! Thanks!

I whish! But no , I'm not ... What made you think That? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    edited September 2018

This is my first try. I started with Grandmother, too, but I dialed in so many of the cartoonize morphs, she is not recognizable. I used a different skin, too. This is fun to play with.

Grandmother cartoonized Minka skin.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Great! Thanks!

The nose... I thought you were hinting at something when you said it really reminded you of someone...

Great! Thanks!

Great! Thanks!

The nose... I thought you were hinting at something when you said it really reminded you of someone...

OH.... No... Maybe she is not as identic to her us I thought , well I think she looks like a certein "Ice Queen"

Great! Thanks!

Great! Thanks!

OH.... No... Maybe she is not as identic to her us I thought , well I think she looks like a certein "Ice Queen"

Ah “Frozen”!

barbult said:

This is my first try. I started with Grandmother, too, but I dialed in so many of the cartoonize morphs, she is not recognizable. I used a different skin, too. This is fun to play with.

Wow! Very cool!

barbult said:

OH !She looks Adorable !!!!!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2018

One thing I noticed is that Iray skins often look quite realistic and can sometimes look a bit odd on toon shaped characters. Skin with visible pores and other types of realism details can give a little bit of an odd look to toon characters (just my opinion - and these kinds of things are subject to people's personal tastes and preferences).

Since Cartoonized does a beautiful job of giving less realism/toon looks to our favorite characters, I've created a mini-product to help give our favorite character's skin a more toon look as well. 

Here's a link where you can download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huro9xk4jq5vuz1/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver3.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it, open the folder, and drop the "Shader Presets" folder into your "My Library" folder. You should then be able to find it under Shader Presets >> Divas Toon Skin Helper.

I MAY do a similar product for the store later - with quite a few changes and a LOT more options, but for now consider this an "Alpha Test" freebie. lol 

Let me know if you guys get any errors or if you see anything wrong with it. And I'll do what I can to fix it.

Please note that these toon skin and eye helpers use the Diffuse Overlay channels, so they can't be coupled with makeup and/or brows that use diffuse channels (something Id have to try and find a solution for if I ever decided to make a similar product for the store).

Edie 8's skin textures before and after Toon Skin Helper:

I hope you guys find it helpful! Please let me know if you find any issues. :)

Edited to replace link with updated Version 3.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Okay, I've never really used toons even though I think so many of them are so cute, but I have been convinced by all of the wonderful images and excited people here (including the creator) to pick this up.  laugh  Great idea for a product PedroFurtadoArts, thank you.  I'm looking forward to the male version, too.  Divamakeup, thank you for the lovely free shader.  smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

One thing I noticed is that Iray skins often look quite realistic and can sometimes look a bit odd on toon shaped characters. Skin with visible pores and other types of realism details can give a little bit of an odd look to toon characters (just my opinion - and these kinds of things are subject to people's personal tastes and preferences).

Since Cartoonized does a beautiful job of giving less realism/toon looks to our favorite characters, I've created a mini-product to help give our favorite character's skin a more toon look as well. 

Here's a link where you can download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/023x21b4437vbno/Divas Toon Skin Helper.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it, open the folder, and drop the "Shader Presets" folder into your "My Library" folder. You should then be able to find it under Shader Presets >> Divas Toon Skin Helper.

I MAY do a similar product for the store later - with quite a few changes and a LOT more options, but for now consider this an "Alpha Test" freebie. lol 

Let me know if you guys get any errors or if you see anything wrong with it. And I'll do what I can to fix it.

Please note that these toon skin and eye helpers use the Diffuse Overlay channels, so they can't be coupled with makeup and/or brows that use diffuse channels (something Id have to try and find a solution for if I ever decided to make a similar product for the store).

Edie 8's skin textures before and after Toon Skin Helper:

I hope you guys find it helpful! Please let me know if you find any issues. :)

Thanks, they certainly look more pleasingly textured for toons.

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

Screenshot 2018-09-15 23.15.12.png
    932 x 436 - 47K

@Divamakeup, I realize I don't really know how to use your toon helpers. What surfaces am I supposed to apply each preset too? I selected "Skin", which doesn't include the lips, and applied the Toon !Skin Helper 2, but I see that it also applied diffuse overlay to the lips. That made me wonder if it is really a shader preset or a material preset. Can you clarify, please. I look forward to using them. Thanks.