Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

I apologize. How is this figure significantly different from The Girl 8 or the more recent and excellent Toon Girl and Girlish Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) used incrementally?

Can we a side by side comparison?  I would be intrigued to see the differences. Thanks! :)

Toon Girl is just a one character. Cartoonize can create a lot of different toon characters from ANY Genesis 8 Female character you own and with ANY increments.

This is a big difference.

Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    edited September 2018

Here is a comparison of the basic cartoonized character and one using the techniques of Diva's Toon Skin Helper. I applied the toon skin helper and then adjusted the diffuse overlay colors of the skin (darker) and the lips (red instead of brown). I manually modified the hair to remove the transparency map and some other maps to give it a toony look. I also used a flat color on the dress.

G8Fcartoonized Alondra skin.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G8Fcartoonized Alondra skin Diva toon helper_001.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

So there IS going to be a male version too? Okay. This is what I've been waiting for.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

I apologize. How is this figure significantly different from The Girl 8 or the more recent and excellent Toon Girl and Girlish Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) used incrementally?

Can we a side by side comparison?  I would be intrigued to see the differences. Thanks! :)

Right off the bat Cartoonized is a set of morphs intended to create caricatures of existing models/people and Toon Girl and the set of Girl 8 caricatures is intended to be uniquely what they are and not caricatures of existing models/people. Even though they really are caricatures the older products don't lend themselves at all to making caricatures of existing models/people. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited September 2018
    Gogger said:

Couldn't help but have a go at it as well.

Here's my first attempt.

OMG SHE IS SO CUTE !!!! WELL DONE ! I would for sure love if there was a game with her !!!!!

To use such characters in the game, the product needs to have interactive license.

I cannot see the interactive license added to Cartoonize - maybe you could consider adding such license, please.

Post edited by Artini on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited September 2018

On the promise of a male I did pick up the female.

Cartoonize and some extra dial spins.

Tooned.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 231K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • @barbult Thank you for the comparison.  The changes really tooned her up even more.  Also a good tip on removing the transparency map on the hair, I will have to figure out how to do that.  I hope @Diva makes a mini toon skin pack product, I'd buy it!  

• RainRain Posts: 335
    scorpio said:

Excellent!  Gorgeous colours too.

• scorpio said:

As usual very beautiful render @Scorpio
    scorpio said:

Wow, wow, wow!

• LasciareLasciare Posts: 184
    edited September 2018

Very beautiful indeed! I'm particularly impressed by the background since I have absolutely no idea on how you've done it.

Post edited by Lasciare on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Anyway, I like your product. This is a caricature of Debbie Harry aka Blondie I used it for.

Great stuff, as always! 

-- Walt Sterdan

By the way for those who are Unsure , I am going to release FOR SURE !!!! the CARTOONIZED FOR GENESIS MALE 8, Perhaps still in this month  .
    Here is how he looks (There are still changes to do keep that in mind )

You've nailed it! Excellent, looking forward to it.

-- Walt Sterdan

Wow, Scorpio, you did it again - great art.

scorpio said:

I'm not sure how many, "Wow!"s to add to the ilst, but... wow! wink

Very, very nicely done!

-- Walt Sterdan

edited September 2018

Cartoonized Aiko 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-8

Aiko8sc02pic03.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 105K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • @artini Caroonized Aiko looks great. Kind of a mischievious look to her.

Thanks a lot for the comments, Worlds_Edge.

• RainRain Posts: 335

You’ve all convinced me, I need this product now.  Am looking forward to the male version too.

Right decision, spuffy. Have a lot of fun creating cartoons.

edited September 2018
    Xoxo02pic01.jpg
    760 x 1080 - 102K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2018
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup, I got these errors when applying the strength presets.

That's weird. I didn't use that character when I set up the presets. :(

Is anyone else getting those errors?

@Divamakeup
    The Ekaterina references are definitely in the skin strength helpers B,C, and D. Open the duf file with a text editor, and you can see them. 

I used Preset Cleaner to save Strength B, C, and D and used Strength A as their template. It's distressing that it added files that I didn't include. I hope that it was just a weird glitch - because I hope to be able to use Preset Cleaner for my commercial products.

Here's version 2 of the Toon Skin Helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/huro9xk4jq5vuz1/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver3.zip?dl=0

I've manually saved out Strength B, C, and D so there SHOULDN'T (*crosses fingers*) be any other included settings. 

I also added "Lips OFF" and "Nails OFF" presets based on your feedback.

You should be able to just delete the "Divas Toon Skin Helper" file from your Shader Presets file and replace it with the one at the above link. :) Let me know if you still get any error message.

Edited to replace link with updated Version 3.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Add me to the list of thoe who hesitated because of only G8F and is now running off to buy based on G8M.

barbult said:

Here is a comparison of the basic cartoonized character and one using the techniques of Diva's Toon Skin Helper. I applied the toon skin helper and then adjusted the diffuse overlay colors of the skin (darker) and the lips (red instead of brown). I manually modified the hair to remove the transparency map and some other maps to give it a toony look. I also used a flat color on the dress.

That looks great! I love it! :D

One thing I noticed is that Iray skins often look quite realistic and can sometimes look a bit odd on toon shaped characters. Skin with visible pores and other types of realism details can give a little bit of an odd look to toon characters (just my opinion - and these kinds of things are subject to people's personal tastes and preferences).

Since Cartoonized does a beautiful job of giving less realism/toon looks to our favorite characters, I've created a mini-product to help give our favorite character's skin a more toon look as well. 

Here's a link where you can download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/023x21b4437vbno/Divas Toon Skin Helper.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it, open the folder, and drop the "Shader Presets" folder into your "My Library" folder. You should then be able to find it under Shader Presets >> Divas Toon Skin Helper.

I MAY do a similar product for the store later - with quite a few changes and a LOT more options, but for now consider this an "Alpha Test" freebie. lol 

Let me know if you guys get any errors or if you see anything wrong with it. And I'll do what I can to fix it.

Please note that these toon skin and eye helpers use the Diffuse Overlay channels, so they can't be coupled with makeup and/or brows that use diffuse channels (something Id have to try and find a solution for if I ever decided to make a similar product for the store).

Edie 8's skin textures before and after Toon Skin Helper:

I hope you guys find it helpful! Please let me know if you find any issues. :)

AWN DIVA !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA !!! AND EXCELLENT ADDITION TO CARTONNIZED !  

You're welcome! I saw how much fun people were having with your great product and I wanted to help add to the fun with some toon skin helpers. ;)

Excellent product - I'm so glad Daz brought you on as a PA! I'm very much looking forward to your other products. :)

edited September 2018

Ok I updated the Toon Skin Helper and added a couple other settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/huro9xk4jq5vuz1/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver3.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if you guys find any error messages. :) I'd be happy to take any feedback or suggestions as well (just in case I ever do a similar, but much more robust, product for the store). 

Edited to replace link with updated Version 3.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Kinsley cartoonized, with a bit of Sakura added into the mix.

cartoonizer kinsley.jpg
    1604 x 1516 - 383K
    edited September 2018
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup
    The Ekaterina references are definitely in the skin strength helpers B,C, and D. Open the duf file with a text editor, and you can see them. 

I used Preset Cleaner to save Strength B, C, and D and used Strength A as their template. It's distressing that it added files that I didn't include. I hope that it was just a weird glitch - because I hope to be able to use Preset Cleaner for my commercial products.

Here's version 2 of the Toon Skin Helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcur68usaxsdy1q/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver2.zip?dl=0

I've manually saved out Strength B, C, and D so there SHOULDN'T (*crosses fingers*) be any other included settings. 

You should be able to just delete the "Divas Toon Skin Helper" file from your Shader Presets file and replace it with the one at the above link. :) Let me know if you still get any error message.

@Divamakeup Strengths B,C, and D no longer display the image map errors, but they set the diffuse overlay skin tone back to the Caucasian tone, even though I had applied the dark tone.

Edit to add: I like the options to remove the overlay from lips and nails! It would be great to have presets to remove it from the skin and remove it from the eyes, to conveniently get back to the original skin settings. (Toon Skin Helper Off, Toon Eye Helper Off)

The "!" seem to be in kind of an unusual place in the preset names. For skin, it is in front of the word Skin. For eyes, it is at the end after the word Helper. The skin strength presets have the "!", but the eye strength presets do not. I've never understood why those "!" are added anyway, so maybe there is a reason for where they are. smiley

Post edited by barbult on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2018
    Artini said:
    RKane_1 said:

Toon Girl is just a one character. Cartoonize can create a lot of different toon characters from ANY Genesis 8 Female character you own and with ANY increments.

This is a big difference.

Egads, not so. Have you tried Toon Girl? Same for Toon boy?

RKane_1 said:

Right off the bat Cartoonized is a set of morphs intended to create caricatures of existing models/people and Toon Girl and the set of Girl 8 caricatures is intended to be uniquely what they are and not caricatures of existing models/people. Even though they really are caricatures the older products don't lend themselves at all to making caricatures of existing models/people. 

Toon Girl and Boy and Girl 8 for that matter work well incrementally, but I understand there are some shader options that may go a long way towards inclining me to buy? Is this true?
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited September 2018
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

@Divamakeup

Here's version 2 of the Toon Skin Helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcur68usaxsdy1q/Divas Toon Skin Helper Ver2.zip?dl=0

@Divamakeup Strengths B,C, and D no longer display the image map errors, but they set the diffuse overlay skin tone back to the Caucasian tone, even though I had applied the dark tone.

Edit to add: I like the options to remove the overlay from lips and nails! It would be great to have presets to remove it from the skin and remove it from the eyes, to conveniently get back to the original skin settings. (Toon Skin Helper Off, Toon Eye Helper Off)

The "!" seem to be in kind of an unusual place in the preset names. For skin, it is in front of the word Skin. For eyes, it is at the end after the word Helper. The skin strength presets have the "!", but the eye strength presets do not. I've never understood why those "!" are added anyway, so maybe there is a reason for where they are. smiley

I don't have time right now but I'll try and set up the strength settings so that they don't apply color too. 

The "!" is so that they show up in the order that I want them in. It doesn't effect anything but the order that it shows up in the folder. ...Not sure why that's a bother. lol That's being a bit nit-picky for a freebie product, imo. lol cheeky

Post edited by 3Diva on