Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

I'm uploading this WIP before I forget.

Daz Studio 3Delight usage: ~625 MB

Video card usage: ~220 MB

Yes, I have a habit of not dressing my characters in shoes.

new_space_station.jpg
    516 x 610 - 53K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

comparison of 3Delight and Firefly renders. Laura's skin texture looks better in Poser 9.

Laura_poser.jpg
    405 x 400 - 28K
    Laura_Daz_Studio.jpg
    516 x 610 - 53K
    edited November 2013

teenage Raw Oagre. I forgot to adjust the necklace.

raw_Oager.jpg
    501 x 576 - 51K
    edited November 2013

a reminder for me to set shading rate lower than 0.9.

The characters are Josie 6 and Genesis 1 scaled down to a child.

Genesis 1 and two use lots of RAM. Complex scenes crash Daz Studio 4.6 when I render. I need a 64 bit Windows or more memory.

Memory usage: 1 GB of RAM

Josie_Kid_5.jpg
    501 x 576 - 52K
    edited November 2013

Error message.

Two possibilities:
    1 - 32 bit Windows has allocated almost 2 GB to Daz Studio. Remember, 32 bit windows can only allow 32 bit programs to use 2 gigabytes.
    2 - Windows itself is running out of RAM for its kernel.

Memory limits for Applications on Windows

Memory allocated: ~1.7 GB total
    Memory in RAM: ~1.2 GB

Kyoto Kid has some advice here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/173849/

daz_crash.jpg
    705 x 676 - 125K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Actually it looks more like 3Delight ran out of free ram to render with thus returning the Memory Error to daz.

edited November 2013

Thanks for the information. I'll see what happens after I install more memory later in the week.

Voluptuous Victoria with 3D Celebrity Belle's skin. Opps, I forgot to put her into the dream home.

Belle.jpg
    516 x 610 - 116K
    edited November 2013

Catgirl continues to look for clothes that support morphs ++. I added a spotlight to cast shadows. The bikini top and bottom are from Horizon Redux.

catgirl_2.jpg
    516 x 610 - 107K
    edited November 2013

Jaderail said:
    Actually it looks more like 3Delight ran out of free ram to render with thus returning the Memory Error to daz.

You are right: 3Delight in Daz Studio 4 has hit the memory limit for 32 bit Windows XP. Three GB of random access memory didn't help much. I'll create simple scenes of Genesis 1 and 2 until I buy a new computer.

edited December 1969

Daz Studio needs about 750 MB for this little scene. wow. I don't even have a background loaded.

Genesis_girl_Onyx.jpg
    590 x 576 - 53K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You are right: 3Delight in Daz Studio 4 has hit the memory limit for 32 bit Windows XP. Three GB of random access memory didn't help much. I'll create simple scenes of Genesis 1 and 2 until I buy a new computer.You think you have it bad. I'm working with a machine that only has 2 GB of RAM total. I'm working on a render right now that has been rendering continuously for 155.5 hour so far, and is only 3% done. There's this one small patch which is rendering at a snail's pace, and with each pass, the time it takes to get through this patch has been doubling exponentially. The first 1% took 12 hours, the second took 24, the third 48, and the fourth is still rendering, and has been for 71.5 hours so far. Once it gets through the patch, the rest of the row renders within seconds. This is the longest time it has taken me to render anything to date. Previously, my longest render time was 60 hours total. I'm just hoping that this patch is just that, a small patch, and doesn't run the entire height of the image from top to bottom. And the funny thing about it, is it's a very simple single character render.

edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing. Most of my scenes render in about 20 minutes or less. Here is an update on my old scene that I am trying to recreate from scratch. I wanted to see where the shadows will fall. I lost the data files after the hard drive went bad. I still have most of the runtime content though.

Spanish_rose.jpg
    516 x 610 - 138K
    edited December 1969

This scene uses 1 GB of random accees memory. Daz Studio uses about 120 MB for the cat's data.

teen_lana_1_daz.jpg
    440 x 576 - 88K
    edited December 1969

I see your learning to work well with the limits the hardware imposes. That's a very nice render. Well done.

edited November 2013

Thanks for the comment. Just for comparison, this scene with Laura 3 uses about 250 MB. I have a scene with Laura and Victoria 4 but I can't find it. I think I saved it in the wrong folder. I'm going to look for it now.

The main light is behind the camera. It is supposed to be shining through the doorway. The cat is in the shadow of the wall.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I rendered this scene in Daz Studio 3.

Laura_5.jpg
    516 x 610 - 105K
    edited November 2013

I'm not trying to boast, but people like my art. My 3D artwork is simple though. So, people like simple art? I did not know that. Thanks for looking at my works in progress.

I highlighted the 3D renders in the screenshot below.

Deviantart_2.jpg
    553 x 357 - 86K
    edited November 2013

Genesis 2 male can wear Pink Ink for Genesis 1. I'll create a better portrait soon.

Genesiss_2_male.jpg
    440 x 576 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Andrea comes with image base lighting. I forgot to dial Josie's shape. Why should I dress her in shoes if we can't see them? lol

I need to fix the outer dress. This scene uses about 700 MB of memory. Wow.

Scene Geometry : Active / Base

Total Vertices : 151,643 / 151,643
    Total Triangles : 34 / 34
    Total Quads : 141,054 / 141,054
    Total Faces : 141,088 / 141,088

Primary Selection :
    Name : EvGnDress_19936
    Label : EvGnDress
    Class : DzFigure
    Vertices : 19,936 / 19,936
    Triangles : 0 / 0
    Quads : 19,672 / 19,672
    Total Faces : 19,672 / 19,672

ibl.jpg
    442 x 576 - 83K
    edited November 2013

Dream Home foyer in Daz Studio 3. I need to turn down the spotlight just a bit. I also need to turn off the dress handles.

Dh_foyer.jpg
    520 x 646 - 136K
    edited December 1969

The girl is floating too.

edited November 2013

I think she is walking. Her left foot is on the floor. I'll check the scene when I return home though. I should install the advanced spotlight into Daz Studio 4. Then I can import my scene into Studio 4 and use the advanced spotlight. Soft shadows that are generated with regular spotlights take forever to render in Studio 3.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I think she is walking. Her left foot is on the floor. I'll check the scene when I return home though. I should install the advanced spotlight into Daz Studio 4. Then I can import my scene into Studio 4 and use the advanced spotlight. Soft shadows that are generated with regular spotlights take forever to render in Studio 3.
    Nope. Her left foot is also floating, just not as much as the right because her foot is pointed down.
    edited December 1969

yes, now I remember what I wanted to do after I returned home. I'll fix the scene soon after my hands warm up. I don't remember translating Laura along the Y axis though. Maybe the I applied pose moved her up. Hmm.

edited December 1969

Laura is floating. :) I changed the camera angle.

I remember what happened, I translated Laura so that her toes would be above the floor.

Now I need to find the pose preset to hide the handles for Victoria's dress.

Laura_6.jpg
    512 x 610 - 120K
    edited December 1969

You can turn Handles off in the surfaces too. Set Opacity to Zero works.

edited November 2013

I need to adjust the skirts first. The lines look blocky because the camera is looking through the glass doors. This scene took 10 minute to render.

Dream_house_foyer_rear.jpg
    512 x 610 - 117K
    edited November 2013

quick spot render of Bree skin with and without Reinterject for Genesis 2 Female. I think I applied Reinterject the correct way to Genesis female on the right.

Daz Studio uses 900 MB of memory. Wow. I tried to dress both Genesis 2 figures in a dress but Daz Studio wouldn't render the scene. I had to dress the ladies in pants and shirts.

Reinterject.jpg
    641 x 418 - 102K
    edited December 1969

Justin and Julie. This Daz Studio 4 uses about 900 MB of memory. I may be able to put the teens in a dream home or dress Julie in a dress.

Teens_2.jpg
    442 x 576 - 82K
    Teens_1.jpg
    442 x 576 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Genesis kid in Luxus. I forgot to move the camera forward.

Luxus_kid_1.jpg
    437 x 376 - 57K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 2013

N/A

Post edited by Bobvan on