33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge *****Celebrate Winter*****

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

mtnmen : Very beautiful scene. I agree with Horo about the candle light.

mermaid : thanks.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986
    edited December 2018
    adbc said:

mtnmen : Very beautiful scene. I agree with Horo about the candle light.

_yeah, the candle light

other wise Very good

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Wonder if this could be manufactured and sold:

Frau Holle's snowglobe

Credits: Nouschka, Dryjack, Flink... The lady was made using the Edie 8 bundle

In case you don't know Frau Holle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frau_Holle

frauholle.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 378K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,128

Know Frau Holle, was here a few days ago,

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018

Moonrise on Solstice Eve

winter solstice lake 6.jpg
    900 x 1171 - 974K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • @ Henryhor: Nice that you like the little chapel.

Frau Holle is very successful. For us, she seems to be in the holidays right now. No snow, only rain.

@ Chohole: WOW! This is really a wonderful scene. There  Frau Holle was obviously still busy.

@ Chohole: looks very cold and wintry. Seems global warming didn't reach the Bryce universe.

Henryhor - cool idea and very nicely done.

Chohole - very nice winter scene with the frozen pond.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2018

Not been around for a while again... Sorry about that... But great entries so far from everyone.

It seems me and Chohole are thinking along similar lines with a pagan theme.

My first entry:

Solstice Full Moon

DeerMoon2.jpg
    675 x 975 - 805K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Henryhor - lovely idea and very nicely done.

Chohole - wow, very nice winter scene, love the snow.

Dave - a superb entry

Dave - beautifully done.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Chohole: I agree with the others: the blue version is much better (more winter). Moonrise on Solstice Eve is a very nice render. Great atmosphere.

Henryhor: Glad you found the bear. Of course it was more or less hidden for a purpose (to have people take another look). Love your Frau Holle’s snowglobe; very original and well done.

Horo, adbc, mtnmen, drachenlords: Thank you.

Mermaid: Thanks. There really is a bear. Look closely, because it is hiding behind a tree.

Dave Savage: Another Solstice render. Very nice view and good idea to use the silhouettes.

Mtnmen: Bob Cratchet: wonderful render, very nice details. Indeed, the light is a bit white. And you may choose a more wooden texture for the cabinet, perhaps? This one is a bit flat.

edited December 2018

Thanks all very much for the positive words about my 'Winter by Van Gogh'. I was not completely happy with it and made a new version. I think the colour in this one is a bit better, though the light is a bit too harsh on the snow at the left side. But the white parts just above the hills, I like very much. In this version, the bear has a non-fluffy skin, because the fluffy did not look very good under this light.

winter2_vanGogh.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - now the bear is more obvious. I compared the two versions closely and I also prefer this second one though I liked the blue on the rocks at left.

Horo: maybe I'll try to come to a compromise between the two. More blue on the snow, but sky as is now.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Henryhor : original idea, well done.

Chohole : beautiful winter scene.

Dave Savage : Excellent render.

Hansmar : I prefer the second render.

• @ Dave Savage: Beautiful picture and very nice light.

@ Hansmar: Both pictures have something. The first one had more Van Gogh styles, the second one more dynamic.

Thanks for the kind comments.

@ Dave Savage: Very nicely done. Majestic animal. Hope no sacrifice is planned in the pagan theme.

@ Hansmar: I think I prefer the first. Like drachenlords says, more vangogish.

edited December 2018

Drachenlords, Henryhor: Thanks. I agree with the higher level of Van Goghishness of the first one. But I like the colours and movement in the sky better in the second one. However. I did create one with a bit more blue in the snow, because that was too white. I tried playing with the frequency of the texture to get slightly bigger streaks of light, but that did not lead to better results.

Therefore, I think this should be the final version.

winter2a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

mermaid010,henryhor,  adbc, ed3d,
    @henryhor... snowglobe is really nice... fun image
    @chohole... Moonrise on solstice eve  beautiful ... great lighting and shadows..
    @davesavage... Solstice Full Moon...just elegant
    Hansmar... thanks for the comments and suggestions... As is often the case... again you hit the nail on the head... the desk is flat... I'll work on that as well as the lighting  BTW... I like the second edition of your image and yes I see the bear now... very nice

mermaid, henryhor and adbc and ed3d thanks for the comments

edited December 2018

_perhaps Title of  ?The Gift?

33BRYC-CHALL-1AF.jpg
    1134 x 850 - 368K
    Post edited by ed3D on

mtnmen: Thanks and welcome.

ed3D: The gift is a good title. I like the work, but it is missing some shadows. Therefore, the gift appears to be 'not grounded'. if you know what I mean. Also, the colours are quite pale in an already pale surrounding. That also makes it look a bit lost compared to the other parts of the scene.

Hansmar :  _yeah, it is     _Kind of first version    -Thanks

@ ed3D: intriguing. Reminds me of the 2001 monolith

@ed3d... The  Gift... I think I agree with Hansmar idea of a bit darker for the gift to make it stand out a bit ..

Okay here is my entry with some changes to the lighting (amber) and some texture changes to the desk as well as a couple of added items.. Better I think

Bob Cratchet

ed3D - The Gift needs yet a bit of tweaking but it's a good start.

mtnmen - improved with the yellowish light.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    mtnmen said:

@ed3d... The  Gift... I think I agree with Hansmar idea of a bit darker for the gift to make it stand out a bit ..

Okay here is my entry with some changes to the lighting (amber) and some texture changes to the desk as well as a couple of added items.. Better I think

Bob Cratchet

It would be better if the candle will have paraffin or stearin material.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thank you all for the nice comments.   I haven't had much time to make comments,  busy elsewhere.

Again this is not an entry, although it is a Bryce render with a tad of postwarok

• @ ed3D: It's a good start, but I also miss the shadows in the scene.

@ mtnmen: The warmer light enhances the scene yet. Very well.

@ Chohole: Nice Christmas greeting. Also from me for all a merry Christmas.