33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge *****Celebrate Winter*****

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,102

Hansmar : your final version looks great.

ed3D : very good start

mtnmen : much better, well done.

Chohole : nice image and best wishes.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,126

Chohole - lovely. Happy Holidays to you and everyone.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Chohole: amusing card. Wish you the same.

@ mtnmen: lighting is better

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2018

Thanks, Pam...and a peaceful new year to look forward to.

John (Jay)

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986

Happy Holidays _heart

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 2018

Seasons Greetings!

Excellent images so far - I’ve really enjoyed them.

Here’s my first entry: “No Peeking!”

Gen2 female, clothing and hair from DAZ3D. Posed in DS 4.6.

Christmas Tree and “outdoor” firs by Merlin Studios.

Sofa and table from the Modo content library.

Interior and gift box modeled in Modo.

Falling snow is a cube with a Volumetric texture based on the Leopard procedural.

Main illumination from a single Dome light.  Christmas tree  by 6 very short range radials. Wreath by a Spot light.

Rendered at 16 RPP. True Ambience enabled - just under 3 hours render time.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has Merry Christmas.

no_peeking.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 411K
    no_peeking.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 411K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

@ Dan Whiteside: very nicely done.

Dan - looking great.

Dan Whiteside : excellent render.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@danwhiteside... No Peeking is a very fun image... I especiallly like the run in her stockings...

Ok here is my third attempt at my image... It has really become a group effort with Slepalex being the last to join in... I took his suggestion and  gave the candle a bit more texture...

Next...

Bob Cratchet

bob cratchet4 REDO_2 jpeg.jpg
    1370 x 959 - 583K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Dan Whiteside: Great render. Lovely details. I must admit I had to look twice to see the snow. At first it was lost a bit against the snowy trees, though I don't see how it could have escaped me.

mtnmen: Better still. The last version also has a bit of light on the candleholder, which is better.

adbc: thanks

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Super, Mtnmen..but those account details on closer inspection of his ledger look dodgy...no wonder Scroogie got it 'cumin devil

Jay 

@jamahoney... LOL!

mtnmen - it appears to me that the ledger is upside down. It looks as if the titles were towards the poor chap that has to do the math and the sums towards the drawers of the desk.

Damn back to the drawing board again Thanks for all the Keen observations
  • @ Dan Whiteside: Looks great. Very seductive the lady.

@ mtnmen: Once again improved. Beautiful picture.

Well, I have changed my mind in taking this image back to the drawing board... Instead I have a little background story to go with the image as it is... Ah, the ledger is upside down... there is no ink on the quill, the calendar on the wall is crooked... and there is a "wish I was somewhere else" blank stare into the candle light... Bob Cratchet had so many times gone to the wall calendar and flipped through the pages , counting how many days left till Christmas... he sits at his desk with thoughts and hopes that the cold  Bah Hum Bug of his boss will melt & subside a bit to allow him to be home with his wife and kids, including crippled Tiny Tim... His heart is not into being at work today... He hopes his boss doesn't notice his lack of attention to his duties.

So there...

Steve

• Many thanks to Horo, adbc, mtnmen, and drachenlords for your comments.

Hansmar - Thanks. On second thought I might have removed the “glass” from the window which kinda obscures it.

Looking to be another excellent challenge!

mtnmen : great story and indeed it fits the image !

edited December 2018

Here is my third entry.

Santa Claus, the house, the street lamps, the reindeer, the rabbit and the clothing of Miss December are all freebies. Santa Claus is actually a character that works in DAZ Studio, so can be posed, etc.

The trees are special trees from Bryce, which I modified to create the snow on the branches and leaves. The terrain is actually the same terrain as used for the other render I submitted (in three versions, of which the last is the real one) previously. The moon, of course, is Dave Savage's. I made several versions of this render. First without Miss December, but that missed some 'punch'. Then with other trees (freebee found somewhere as 'winter conifer'), but that had 'leaves' that would only look good from kilometers away. Now, this is the version I think that will be my third entry.

I can tell you, Miss December did not really like this shoot: far too cold!

Miss December.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 952K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • @ Hansmar: Looks great, beautiful light from the lantern. But the poor lady must soon have killed herself in clothes. I hope she does not take the cold with the New Year.

@ Hansmar: Looks great, beautiful light from the lantern. But the poor lady must soon have killed herself in clothes. I hope she does not take the cold with the New Year.

Thanks. Well, being a model is often not really comfortable. And, as most artists, I have no scrupules for manipulating my models (as long as they are 3D models)!

@ Hansmar: very professional model. She doesn't even shiver, making the pic blurry. Very well done. Convincing snow. There seems to be a poly missing on the stone?

edited December 2018

Very nicely done Hansmar. The render was probably very fast, there was no time for the lady to get the skin blue from the cold.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2018
    Henryhor said:

@ Hansmar: very professional model. She doesn't even shiver, making the pic blurry. Very well done. Convincing snow. There seems to be a poly missing on the stone?

Darn! You're right. It is the issue of a landscape not being solid (the stone is part of the landscape). I've repaired this adding an aditional rock to disguise the ugly part). Thanks, Henryhor

Horo: Thanks. I guess the make up artist did a good job on her skin!

Updated version of Miss December:

winter4a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 943K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

@ Hansmar: could have been a rabbit hole, for Alice in winterland. Well repaired.

Happy new year to all.

Hansmar : very beautiful image, a fairy tale in the snow.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited January 2019

Hansmar: great image, nicely staged and illuninated. Make a good "December" calander image.

Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Wow all the entries are awesome.

Winter

Remake of an old picture. Remodelled or replaced almost everything. Credits: Flink, Predatron, Esha, Merlin, Rayvin, Edie 8 bundle...

winter.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 363K