Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited March 2019
    SixDs said:

Nicely done, 3dcgx. Your treatment of the armour on Alita had me scratching my head. Did you plug that into the specularity channel?

The pattern is under highlights is called scanlines just highlights the colors to blue.

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited June 2020

original anime robat cyber

robat cyber aiko 3

• I use metal materials to use reflections on the armor,  the props all around has glow feature on, is how I get the armor to shine the way it does.  Again this is all Carrara.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited March 2019

My take on the "Dirty Pair", inspired by Adam Warren's "Ameri-Manga" adaptation which veered towards a far stronger "cyberpunk" theme than the "SunRise Studio" anime series.  They are not exact recreations, but more "in the spirit" interpretaions of their "Run from the Future" outfits, complete with sh!t-kicking" athletic shoes, elbow and knee pads, upper body harnesses, etc.  The various elements come from a couple of "BugzLife" ensembles with the point padding from the "Hailey" space girl set.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Chohole on
  • This pair on the comic book series have many types of uniform it is accurate the way you render them.
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited March 2019

Ghost in the Shell, Cutey Honey, Battle Angel Alita, Dirty Pair.

Well, someone certainly knows what good anime is!

Post edited by vrba79 on
    3dcgx said:
    This pair on the comic book series have many types of uniform it is accurate the way you render them.

I know some fans are not too keen on Adam Warren's version (strange they never got a genuine Japanese manga), but funny how both Sunrise anime fans and the Adam Warren fans "team up" against "Dirty Pair Flash"! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

edited March 2019
    vrba79 said:

Thanks I believe we all are fan of these (^.^), do you all remember Project AKO, well Im about to do a render of all three characters:

A-KO

B-KO

C-KO

plus some mechas made by B-Ko

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited March 2019
    3dcgx said:
    vrba79 said:

Thanks I believe we all are fan of these (^.^), do you all remember Project AKO, well Im about to do a render of all three characters:

A-KO

B-KO

C-KO

I think I saw one or two of the OVAs back when Sci-Fi Channel(Back when they could still spell Sci-Fi properly) was really pushing to popularize anime in the states. I just remember it involved high school girls, one of them was really strong and always late for school or something. I've slept since then.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • Yups thats the one.  I believe its on youtube 

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    vrba79 said:
    3dcgx said:
    vrba79 said:

A-KO

B-KO

C-KO

I think I saw one or two of the OVAs back when Sci-Fi Channel(Back when they could stil spell Sci-Fi properly) was really pushing to popularize anime in the states. I just remember it involved high school girls, one of them was really strong and always late for school or something. I've slept since then.

You're referring to Project Ako. It's a classic. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

I like Ghost in the Shell.  Although I haven't see Battle Angel (anime nor live-action), I have an idea for that character.  She interests me.  I will at least see the live-action movie eventually.

• vrba79 said:
    3dcgx said:
    vrba79 said:

A-KO

B-KO

C-KO

I think I saw one or two of the OVAs back when Sci-Fi Channel(Back when they could stil spell Sci-Fi properly) was really pushing to popularize anime in the states. I just remember it involved high school girls, one of them was really strong and always late for school or something. I've slept since then.

You're referring to Project Ako. It's a classic. 

Yes im making that render now, I predict around a few days will be ready

• tkdrobert said:

I like Ghost in the Shell.  Although I haven't see Battle Angel (anime nor live-action), I have an idea for that character.  She interests me.  I will at least see the live-action movie eventually.

I will go see the movie Alita soon too also I think there is a  live Ghost in the shell too.

tkdrobert said:

While minor elements were shuffled and tweaked for the recent live action movie, "Alita: Battle Angel" is arguably one of the most faithful adaptations of a manga and maintains "the spirit' of the original material, far moreso than "Ghost in the Shell" a couple of years ago.  It was definitely a "passion project" for James Cameron and I don't think it worried him if the movie were to "lose" money.  He wanted to do it "right" above all else.  I will say it's better known through its various manga (comic) series.  the animewas a "one off" covering the highlights of the first two "compiled" volumes, barely scratching the surface of comic.  Funny enough, the live action movie more or less covers the same basic narrative.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited March 2019
    3dcgx said:
    tkdrobert said:

I will go see the movie Alita soon too also I think there is a  live Ghost in the shell too.

I've seen the anime and the live-action for Ghost in a Shell and read the recent anthology book that came out.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    Redfern said:
    tkdrobert said:

While minor elements were shuffled and tweaked for the recent live action movie, "Alita: Battle Angel" is arguably one of the most faithful adaptations of a manga and maintains "the spirit' of the original material, far moreso than "Ghost in the Shell" a couple of years ago.  It was definitely a "passion project" for James Cameron and I don't think it worried him if the movie were to "lose" money.  He wanted to do it "right" above all else.  I will say it's better known through its various manga (comic) series.  the animewas a "one off" covering the highlights of the first two "compiled" volumes, barely scratching the surface of comic.  Funny enough, the live action movie more or less covers the same basic narrative.

Sincerely,

Bill

My biggest problem with Manga in general is the black and white.  I'm not sure why, but I want color.

tkdrobert said:
    Redfern said:
    tkdrobert said:

Sincerely,

Bill

My biggest problem with Manga in general is the black and white.  I'm not sure why, but I want color.

Picture Donald Sutherland in that ending sequence of 1978's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" as he points and "shrieks".

Nah, just teasing.  We all have our preferences.  I guess reading newspaper adventure strips as a child and not having a color TV until Fall 1969 (I was born in '62) kinda' prepared me for the notion of B/W comics.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited March 2019

Very nice renders, guys.

My turn? Okay, then. Here is Aiko 3 channeling Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. Significant kitbashing using Evilinnocence's Cosplay for A3, the Genesis Ankle Boots from Wilmap's Digital Creations, and a mashup of the top from Sanbie's In Vogue outfit for V4 and Quanto's Loose Top for Genesis 2 Female which were modified and combined in Hexagon for the drape. The hair was a combination of Hampton and PH Classic hairs, with the ribbon from Red Viper's Hmhm hair.

Oh, and all those I have done here so far were rendered in DAZ Studio using 3Delight if that wasn't obvious, since I don't think that I mentioned that earlier.

Faye.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 831K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Wow, you guys are render machines!  It takes me a while to kitbash one together.  This is a pretty easy one to guess, but one of my favorite characters cheeky

• Viva la Anime cafe !

3dOutlaw said:

Wow, you guys are render machines!  It takes me a while to kitbash one together.

My "Dirty Pair" image?  I just copied that from a much older thread.  Seriously, it took me quite some time to dress, morph, texture, pose and light to my satisfaction.  In fact I started "bulding" Kei, reached a certain point and then just put it aside for more than a year before I returned to it.

Sincerely,

Bill

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Ah, that makes more sense then  :)  I am using this thread as motivation to render and not spend.  It is not working so well, but I am having fun trying!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2019

3dOutlaw said:

Wow, you guys are render machines!  It takes me a while to kitbash one together.  This is a pretty easy one to guess, but one of my favorite characters cheeky

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this! SO CUTE!

How did you get it to look like a resin or PVC figurine? It looks like a photo of one of those cute Japanese PVC figurines! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    SixDs said:

Very nice renders, guys.

My turn? Okay, then. Here is Aiko 3 channeling Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. Significant kitbashing using Evilinnocence's Cosplay for A3, the Genesis Ankle Boots from Wilmap's Digital Creations, and a mashup of the top from Sanbie's In Vogue outfit for V4 and Quanto's Loose Top for Genesis 2 Female which were modified and combined in Hexagon for the drape. The hair was a combination of Hampton and PH Classic hairs, with the ribbon from Red Viper's Hmhm hair.

Oh, and all those I have done here so far were rendered in DAZ Studio using 3Delight if that wasn't obvious, since I don't think that I mentioned that earlier.

Wow, spot on.  Nice work.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2019

Speaking of Cowboy Bebob, I did this one about a week and a half ago, but I was hesitant to post it as I'm not quite happy with how it came out and wanted to tweak it and render it again later, but I've gotten so busy lately that I don't know when I'll find the time to do that, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. Consider this a WIP.  :)

I was considering leaving out the cigarette since smoking is terrible and no one should like ever smoke because it damages your lungs so bad and the lungs of people around you ..and so many people die every year of smoking-related illness - but cigarettes are such an integral part of the character that I pretty much had to include it. Don't smoke though people, it's seriously awful.

I know that his outfit isn't 100% accurate of course, but I made do with what I had. :) The figure is G3M, the suit is Night Out Suit for Genesis, the hair is Landis Hair for G3M and G8M.

G3M - Spike 5.png
    1000 x 1300 - 751K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thank you, tkdrobert.

That is looking pretty good, Diva. Mine needs work as well. It is pretty tough sometimes trying to convert a 2D anime drawn character into a 3D representation. Sometimes it is more difficult than trying to replicate a real person.

Speaking of Cowboy Bebob, I did this one about a week and a half ago, but I was hesitant to post it as I'm not quite happy with how it came out and wanted to tweak it and render it again later, but I've gotten so busy lately that I don't know when I'll find the time to do that, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. Consider this a WIP.  :)

I was considering leaving out the cigarette since smoking is terrible and no one should like ever smoke because it damages your lungs so bad and the lungs of people around you ..and so many people die every year of smoking-related illness - but cigarettes are such an integral part of the character that I pretty much had to include it. Don't smoke though people, it's seriously awful.

I know that his outfit isn't 100% accurate of course, but I made do with what I had. :) The figure is G3M, the suit is Night Out Suit for Genesis, the hair is Landis Hair for G3M and G8M.

Looks pretty good to me.  The face is the only thing I would tweak, but it's hard to get a good looking Anime guy.  I've tried and had only limited sucess.

edited March 2019

Riker Anime by tkdrobert Shogun-Anime by tkdrobert Flying Side Kick by tkdrobert Star Fighter Pilot by tkdrobert

These are my best Anime male renders so far.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

I used Hiro 4 for this one and I dont like it.  I might redo it with Hiro 5.

Star-Blazers Tribute (fix) by tkdrobert