Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584

The only thing I might suggest for Spike is to either narrow the head a tad or elongate it ever so slightly as he has "thin" features.  That and "squint" his eyes as he tended to have a "laid back" almost sleepy expression.  Of course, those adjustments depend upon what figure you have and which morphs it possesses.  On the surface those actions may seem simple, but often those minor things can prove to be a b!tch.

Sincerely,

Bill

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    tkdrobert said:

Riker Anime by tkdrobert Shogun-Anime by tkdrobert Flying Side Kick by tkdrobert Star Fighter Pilot by tkdrobert

These are my best Anime male renders so far.

All fine looks!

I dunno if I posted this one here or not, but it's something I did a while back as a kind of homage to the Space Opera anime genre.

Anime title.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

3dOutlaw said:

Wow, you guys are render machines!  It takes me a while to kitbash one together.  This is a pretty easy one to guess, but one of my favorite characters cheeky

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this! SO CUTE!

How did you get it to look like a resin or PVC figurine? It looks like a photo of one of those cute Japanese PVC figurines! :)

Thanks, that is actually the look I try to get with the more toony (but not toon) renders!  I would probably buy a bunch of Nendoroid's...but for the public shaming I would get, lol!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
    vrba79 said:

I dunno if I posted this one here or not, but it's something I did a while back as a kind of homage to the Space Opera anime genre.

Very cute.  What hair is that on the dude?  I don't think I have that one.  Not sure though.

tkdrobert said:
    vrba79 said:

Very cute.  What hair is that on the dude?  I don't think I have that one.  Not sure though.

I've slept since I made that, but I think it's one of the male Fiends Forever hairs. I found the figure itself to be repulsive, but the accessories are nice.

vrba79 said:
    tkdrobert said:
    vrba79 said:

I've slept since I made that, but I think it's one of the male Fiends Forever hairs. I found the figure itself to be repulsive, but the accessories are nice.

Ah good to know.  I have that on my wish list but haven't picked it up.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I can vouch for the old "3Dream, Mairy" hairs at Rendo...they almost all work good without transparency, with a shader for Anime style.  I got a lot of them, in case anyone needs an example.  The new hairs are very "strandy", and don't work as good, I have found. (though look better for realism, I guess)

edited March 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

I can vouch for the old "3Dream, Mairy" hairs at Rendo...they almost all work good without transparency, with a shader for Anime style.  I got a lot of them, in case anyone needs an example.  The new hairs are very "strandy", and don't work as good, I have found. (though look better for realism, I guess)

Since these appear V4 parented, they'll be perfect for Genesis 1 then!

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Thank you, guys, for the feedback. I appreciate it. :)

And yeah, trying to do a 3D representation of a 2D character is challenging, to be sure. :D

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    tkdrobert said:

Riker Anime by tkdrobert Shogun-Anime by tkdrobert Flying Side Kick by tkdrobert Star Fighter Pilot by tkdrobert

These are my best Anime male renders so far.

The second one is my favorite - I think you nailed it! :)

I like the shading on these as well. 

• I've been rendering since 2007 it takes lot of practice and again practice makes perfect.  I started out with Daz 1.8 then moved on to Carrara 6.2 in 2008.

edited March 2019

Something you don't see alot of, older anime male characters. Here's a proof of concept.

This was a simple blend of Hiro 5, facial morphs like crows feet and cheek creasing, and a bit of Bruce from "extraOrdinary Men" for Genesis.

The toon look is the DzDefault shader, no lights, and a just little bit of postwork.

Older.png
    905 x 1186 - 942K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Nice renders and its anime based, i guess for an old guy~ myself i got hooked on anime about 15 years ago. l probably watched at least 1000 different anime, . . . ikr ? First couple are aiko 3 based of the female version of Death the Kid from Soul Eater i made the blasters in hexagon pants suit is from airline captain daz media. The second is A3 again with Black Rock Shooter gun, again made in hexagon. I think all renders are carrara 7 in png with transparent alpha enabled. Now that i know this thread exists i might try for some better renders and scenes.
    07 02 10 d dtk zin.png
    768 x 1280 - 395K
    07 04 10 xin cannoon03fix.png
    1280 x 960 - 392K
    11 01 10f brs aiko.png
    1280 x 960 - 336K
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Yes, please!

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited June 2020

Attempted doing Project AKO but CKO hair I cannot find, until I find I’ll do them.  Here is Tse Tse from the Bronx he is an original anime character base character is Maybe 1.2 with Norotas clothes.  He is a street fighter uses every dirty trick on the books to win, his helmet is made of iron and he buttheads his opponents and finish them off with his bat, watch out Ryu and Ken !!!

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • Here is Team Rocket from Pokemon singing their motto both are Aiko 3 Kioki.

• An updated version to Yugioh’s Dark Magician Girl character is Aiko 3, clothes by planetvixens.

edited March 2019

An attempt at doing Alita Battle Angel with Sakura 8.  I might try again once I get to know the character and source material a little better.

Alita by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    edited March 2019

Mech Pilot.  Inspired by a comic series I've been reading called Mech Cadet Yu.  Rendered with Hiro 5.

Mech Pilot by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Really digging that Team Rocket render.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    vrba79 said:

Me too! Prepare for trouble, and make it double.

edited March 2019

In the making of Jessie I use 4 things

https://www.daz3d.com/kioki

https://www.daz3d.com/a3-nurse

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/bats-witch-r2/25256

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hr-011-r2/57870

now you can see the resemblance clearly.

The earrings are just two green props and the letter R you can make alphabets in Carrara

edited April 2019

Follow you dreams and dance away...Here is project A-ko Song

here is the song of the anime

edited April 2019
    TigerAnne said:
    vrba79 said:

Me too! Prepare for trouble, and make it double.

They funny this is why I love these two.  Click image above

More nice renders 3dcgx and tkdrobert. What robot arms did you use for the Alita render, tkdrobert, if you don't mind my asking?

SixDs said:

More nice renders 3dcgx and tkdrobert. What robot arms did you use for the Alita render, tkdrobert, if you don't mind my asking?

https://www.daz3d.com/arctek-cybernetic-arms-for-genesis-8-female

edited April 2019

Ah. Thank you, sir!

Well, I see that its Tuesday, so time for another render. This time up its my attempt at Ishtar from Super Dimensional Fortress Macross II: Lovers Again.
    I have used Aiko 3 once again and a heavily modified version of Lady Sythe's Macross for V3, A3, SP3 second skin. I edited the second skin to make it a little more like the original costume, creating three layers: the sheer leotard, the black bra, panties, etc. and the gold trim. I then used the shear component applied directly to the character's diffuse skin map, and the other two were used on two nested geoshells to recreate the outfit. Separate material settings could then be applied, along with a new displacement map I created for the gold trim. Not perfectly executed, but it did the job.

Additionally, I used parts of the very nice hallway from TruForm/inLite studio, and parts of the venerable Dystopia city blocks for the background. Hair is the handy Mitsu hair for A3.

IshtarMacross.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 953K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    3dcgx said:

Follow you dreams and dance away...Here is project A-ko

here is the song of the anime

SixDs said:

Ah. Thank you, sir!

Well, I see that its Tuesday, so time for another render. This time up its my attempt at Ishtar from Super Dimensional Fortress Macross II: Lovers Again.
    I have used Aiko 3 once again and a heavily modified version of Lady Sythe's Macross for V3, A3, SP3 second skin. I edited the second skin to make it a little more like the original costume, creating three layers: the sheer leotard, the black bra, panties, etc. and the gold trim. I then used the shear component applied directly to the character's diffuse skin map, and the other two were used on two nested geoshells to recreate the outfit. Separate material settings could then be applied, along with a new displacement map I created for the gold trim. Not perfectly executed, but it did the job.

Additionally, I used parts of the very nice hallway from TruForm/inLite studio, and parts of the venerable Dystopia city blocks for the background. Hair is the handy Mitsu hair for A3.

Perfect!!!!!!heart

Thank you, TG!