Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    Yeah Hiro5 is good for me. He has clothes, chars, and clones allow for use of multigenerational stuff...plus dforce. A new Hiro would just mean another thing to buy
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited March 2019
    3dOutlaw said:
    Yeah Hiro5 is good for me. He has clothes, chars, and clones allow for use of multigenerational stuff...plus dforce. A new Hiro would just mean another thing to buy

He's easy to make Bishounen type characters with too, since Genesis 1 is a gender neutral figure, and you can apply female facial shapes to the mix. Guy LaChance my wish granting demon has some female facial DNA in there, because I wanted him to have delicate features. Because beguiling demons who temp you with promises of nice things are supposed to be beautiful.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    vrba79 said:

None of what you listed was the proper next step though, and some of them, like Fiends Forever had really odd proportions or where more cartoon than anime, like Cory. Kenji was okay-ish, but looked less like an anime figure and more like a stylized Asian male. Great for Asian characters, but stock anime characters tend to have this ethnically neutral appearance to them.

The legacy shapes were welcomed, but still stung a bit, because Aiko 6 was a noticable improvement over 5, but there was no such improvement for Hiro. He died with Genesis 1. Hence why that itteration of Genesis is what I almost exclusively work in. My pleas to Daz3D have fallen on deaf ears for quite some time now, and I don't expect them to stop ignoring them any time soon. I'm just one guy. It would take a large chunk of the userbase to go "We're not spending any money on new figures until you give us this."

That's why I said that you have to do some tweaking to them. I'm not saying your wrong to be mad that there weren't more anime type figures for the males in the past generations, but I'm saying you don't have to let the lack of "official" males limit you. With so many morphs and tools available, you're only limited by your own imagination on what can be done with the figures we do have. :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2019

Thought I'd dial spin a G3M guy. I didn't have much time to work on it, so I'm sure with some more tweaking I can improve on him, but just with some quick dial spinning I could come up with a halfway decent guy, imo. :) I like him anyway. He's a mix of SF Ball Joint Doll and FWSA Fujio.

Here he is next to Hero 5 - a couple of good lookin' guys, I think! heheh :D

G1 and G3M - Hero and BJD Fujio.png
    615 x 800 - 465K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited March 2019

Vampire Hunter D

Dunpeal

Bishounen M3

Okarsson Death Horse

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited March 2019

There are many male anime characters out there here

Maybe: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Maybe

Aiko Guy:  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=33463

M3 Bishounen https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/bishonen-for-michael-3/538668/?p

M2 Bishounen https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/bishonen-for-michael-2/320860/?p

you can try contacting the creator of those characters for questions.

edited March 2019

An example of when you blend Hiro 5 with some female facial morphs and accents.

You too can have your own villain to threaten the fate of the world, over a children's card game in no time.

The toon look this time is a DZdefault/Postwork blend I'm working on.

test3.png
    904 x 1210 - 1M
    Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited March 2019

Waspy from the original planet Vixens universe at https://www.3dcgx.com/photos/album/1743/pvu

Waspy is Aiko 3

carrara rendered.

planet vixen universe

edited March 2019

Hermito A3

Can you tell me all the items on the picture?

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Sure, why not? Let me see, Bob, Frank, Arnold, Henry, Lucille, Betty, ... Oh, wait a minute, now I get it. Okay then: a cast iron radiator, a pot-bellied stove, a copper watering can, a tuba, an antique wall phone, two wall lamps, a cuckoo clock, a radio, a refrigerator, a cast iron bathtub, a rubber duck, a towel, a washcloth, some sort of bucket thingie or other with a couple of bottles of something in it, a mouse, a toilet, one of those dumb Mario crowns, a wall sink, a pedestal table, a gramophone, a tin cup, a spoon, a saucer, an alarm clock, a school teachers bell, a rocking chair, a steel bed with mattress and box spring, a pillow, a penny farthing bicycle, a porcelain pig (not certain whether that is a gigantic piggie bank or a foot warmer), a newspaper, a fedora, a cat, pine flooring, wall tiles, some dude, some water, and ... that's about it. Now I get to post a render. Stand by.

edited March 2019

Genesis with some morph sliders, Plugsuit by EvilElliot, Mari Makinami Illustrious in the shadow of Evangelion Unit-08.

MMI.jpg
    1200 x 1296 - 479K
    Post edited by SixDs on
    edited March 2019
    Good job !
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited March 2019

The thing is I have so much Hiro 4 & Hiro 3 and to me it still looks like fitting anime characters to me

This one is a legacy A4 morphs on a Genesis 2 female base character using 3DU Skyler Texture. :) I still like A4 personally  smiley

Anime girl.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 433K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Excellent work everyone, did you know that anime hair colors each has a meaning?

Check it here https://thoughtcatalog.com/martin-schneider/2015/02/anime-hair-colors-do-they-carry-any-significant-meaning-in-japanese-culture/

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited March 2019

Bulma rides again.

bulmaridesagain.jpg
    1900 x 1174 - 980K
    Post edited by Ippotamus on
    edited March 2019

"anime hair colors each has a meaning"

By that token, I guess that Mari should really have red hair. But, since the series already had one red-haired character, I am guessing that the creators didn't feel that was an option. To paraphrase an old saying, "its more of a guideline than a rule". smiley

Post edited by SixDs on

Ippotamus said:

Bulma rides again.

Heheh! I like that one.

edited March 2019

Pirate Queen Emeraldas

Aiko 3 Kioki

• i would love to see some more DBZ (Dragon Ball Z) renderer that'll be cool.  I have one of Android 18 somewhere on the thread.

edited March 2019

Here's a shot of Genesis 8 Female, using Amy Aimei's Sailor Mercury outfit with the Sailor Mars textures, Tofusan's Anime Head morph for Genesis 8 Female and Mars Hair by Realms of Savage. (and some tweaking)

SailorMarsA.jpg
    1200 x 895 - 715K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited March 2019

Question, what's the source of the Cat Ears on Becket for Sakura 8?

You guys seem like the people to ask. ;)

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Thats Anime Kitten hair, search for that in the store.  There is also the newer Thistle hair that could work similar...

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

Mecha v Kaiju

Mech vs Kaiju III by tkdrobert

• @tkdrobert good cel-shade technique.  @SixDs Good Magical Girl render :) i like to recommend Filter Forge, is what I use for my vibrance postworks.

Thank you, 3dcgx. tkdrobert, I made a post over on your mecha thread that you may be interested in.

• An updated version of my previous image, this is Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.

Character Aiko 3

Carrara Rendered.

• An updated version of the dirty pairs AKA Lovely Angels

Aiko 3 kioki for both

Carrara Rendered

• An updated version of Gally from Battle Angel Alita

Character Aiko 3

Carrara rendered

• Cutie honey updated version

Aiko 3 kioki

Carrara rendered

edited March 2019

Nicely done, 3dcgx. Your treatment of the armour on Alita had me scratching my head. Did you plug that into the specularity channel?

Post edited by SixDs on