Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    edited April 2019

A couple of anime/manga themed cosplay pics featuring my old webcomic lead, Mzzkiti, using the "Melody for A3" figure.

Because I try to depict her as petite in the pectoral region, some friends teased that she must have stuffed her bra.  So I rendered a follow-up in which Mzzkiti breaks the fourth wall to say, "I'f I'm gonna' stuff my bra, I'm not gonna' be half a$$ed about it!"

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Fuku-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 151K
    Mzzkiti-Fuku-J-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 151K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Oh yes how can we forget Melody, lovely anime furry.

• Good work everyone!

Thanks, 3dcgx!  I love Melody just a hair more than Aiko 3 as that mesh allowed me to depict two OCs very faithfully to their original graphite based designs.  But it's a very narrow margin.

BTW, the environment, an anime/manga inspired school rooftop scene is a freebie available at ShareCG...

https://sharecg.com/v/68909/browse/11/Poser/School-Rooftop-For-Poser

How many narratives take place uon a high school roof?  A great many, I daresay!  Uwe G. offers several Shojo/Shonin type backdrops including an onsen.

Sincerely,

Bill

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I love A3 Melody! I would really love to see an A3 Melody type morph for G8F. 

edited April 2019

Here's A3 Melody with the mats converted to Iray.

She's cute, it would be nice to have something similar for Genesis 8 Female.

A3 Melody w Altern8 type Settings.png
    554 x 720 - 453K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

The closest thing available is Lady LittleFox's "Thistle".

https://www.daz3d.com/thistle-for-posey-and-petunia.

Her face mixed with the feline body shapes from DarioFish's "HFS Ultimate Shapes for G8F"...

https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-ultimate-shapes-for-genesis-8-female

...might result in something roughly similar.

Can't Melody with the "Furries for..." morphs by Capsces work in Studio?  I ask only because I'm a "holdout", still working in Poser, so I honestly don't know.  I mean, if it can, why worry about a "latest and greatest"?

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2019
    Redfern said:

The closest thing available is Lady LittleFox's "Thistle".

https://www.daz3d.com/thistle-for-posey-and-petunia.

Her face mixed with the feline body shapes from DarioFish's "HFS Ultimate Shapes for G8F"...

https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-ultimate-shapes-for-genesis-8-female

...might result in something roughly similar.

Can't Melody with the "Furries for..." morphs by Capsces work in Studio?  I ask only because I'm a "holdout", still working in Poser, so I honestly don't know.  I mean, if it can, why worry about a "latest and greatest"?

Sincerely,

Bill

Oh, I don't have the "Furries for..." morphs but I'm sure they'd probably work in Daz Studio, it's just that I have next to nothing for A3 and the vast majority of the stuff I have is for G3 and G8 (and thankfully just about everything G3 is easily usable with G8). 

I tried picking up Cleo the Cheetah Girl for Genesis 8 Female but she doesn't seem to come with a tail (despite several promos showing her with a tail) - at least not that I could find. And I'm a bit disappointed with the mats. 

I'd shoot for trying to create one from scratch but my sculpting skills just aren't what I'd like them to be for shooting for a product of that nature. Usually morphs that deviate that far from the base mesh tend to need a lot of JCMs and I'm not that great at that yet. Plus I'd have no clue how to create a tail and how to rig it and everything. Hopefully someday I'll have the skills for something like that, sadly I don't think I'm "there" yet. lol

I'll have to try the Thistle and HFS Shapes mix. Thank you! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Yeah, this package...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-for-melody

...made all the difference for Melody, providing the opportunity to create all sorts of mammal based anthros.

There are additional "Furries..." sets, but they are primarily extra textures with "preset" faces.  This is the core element you need.

However, I fear we may be derailing this thread fraom an anime/manga theme to a furry one, so if you have any specific questions, we can continue through private messaging.

Sincerely,

Bill

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited April 2019

many nice pics,lot of them since last time

I broke my DS/bryce somehow on new computer,so I got stuck with not be able to pose my favourite goodlooking Summon I love,so I gave up on this WIP

a7icequeen2.png
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Post edited by mach25 on
    edited April 2019
    Redfern said:

Yeah, this package...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-for-melody

...made all the difference for Melody, providing the opportunity to create all sorts of mammal based anthros.

There are additional "Furries..." sets, but they are primarily extra textures with "preset" faces.  This is the core element you need.

However, I fear we may be derailing this thread fraom an anime/manga theme to a furry one, so if you have any specific questions, we can continue through private messaging.

Sincerely,

Bill

Thanks, Bill. :) I just have hardly any clothing or hair for Aiko 3, so I'll probably try and make something work with Genesis 8 Female. I really like your idea of mixing Thistle and HFS Ultimate Shapes. I've got both of those so this weekend I'll take a little time off from working and take a break to play around and see if I can make a cute cat girl. heheh :) I did some playing around with Thistle a while back: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4256176/#Comment_4256176 but I want to try and get something that looks a bit more like A3 Melody if I can.

I don't want to get totally off topic, so here's a render of Aiko 3. :) I attempted to use dForce with an A3 dress -it didn't explode or fall apart, so I'd say it was fairly successful. :) Though it ended up with some odd creasing over one of her breasts. So not 100% successful with it, but not to bad I think. :)

By the way, is there a thread for characters like A3 Melody? Like this Anime thread but one for those "Furries" type characters? That way we don't totally derail this thread? lol

ELR Cels - Aiko 3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 372K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

By the way, is there a thread for characters like A3 Melody? Like this Anime thread but one for those "Furries" type characters? That way we don't totally derail this thread? lol

Funny enough, yes!  I didn't start it, but I did kinda' dominate it (without malice).

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11448/2nd-of-nine-lives-cat-girrrl-render-thread-prrr

So, come on over.  It'd be nice to read some new posts.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I haven't really spent any time with DForce, Diva, but I am assuming that it works somewhat like Poser dynamics. The trick, like tossing a salad, is to know when to stop. Too many frames and the drape can start to go pear-shaped (sometimes literally smiley). I'm not certain of the issue with the breast, but it almost looks like the drape should have been stopped earlier. Just guessing.

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited April 2019

Anime Cafe e Youkouso

AIKO 3.O

Carrara

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I like that render, cute and well done!  :)

I just stumbled across the Tachiyomi app.  Wow, that is a really nice open source Manga reader!  (...since I like to read many Manga's before watching the Anime, I figured the comment was applicable to the Cafe!)

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Lovely thread you have here ^^ somehow missed it

edited April 2019

Nice work, everyone. Sorry to hear about your difficulties, Mach25. That looks like it was shaping up to be exceptional. Hopefully you can get things back on the rails.

Here's one. Bubblegum Crisis this time. Used two Genesis's and a V4. White suit for Sylia is ShadowhawkOnes's Bubblegum Cosplay Armor, while Priss and Linna are sporting EvilElliot's Knight Saber armours. Background is part of Sfman's  great Streets of Tomorrow environment. Once again, rendered in DAZ Studio using 3Delight.

BubblegumCrisis.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited April 2019

Lots of little witches out there, so speculate as you like wink This started with me fooling around with dForce, and just grew from there laugh

LittleWitch1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 701K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited April 2019

One of my "Test girls" who's look eventually got folded into Joy Kinsey from my Mysterious Missouri comic.

Here she is rendered in PWToon, and ehanched by a quick CRT-style postwork I threw together. I love the late 80s/Early 90s anime aesthetic, she's basically my nod to that style.

She's also appeared in a very short animation I did in Moho w/Vegas Pro.

Station2Finished.png
    1414 x 1060 - 1M
    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405

Lots of little witches out there, so speculate as you like wink This started with me fooling around with dForce, and just grew from there laugh

Reminds me a little of Kiki's Delivery Service, though Kiki didn't wear a hat. 

The anime or live-action movie? There's a little of that and a little of 'Little Witch Academia'. Of course witches are popular in many anime.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405

The anime or live-action movie? There's a little of that and a little of 'Little Witch Academia'. Of course witches are popular in many anime.

The Anime, of course. I don't know of any live action version of this Miyazaki classic. 

The Anime, of course. I don't know of any live action version of this Miyazaki classic. 

There is a live action version which I saw a couple of years ago, made in Japan, though with a strong Chinese influence. The script is a little different, with the live movie aimed more at a child audience, with acting to match, but it was fun to watch. I don't know if you can find the live action movie outside Japan, but maybe Amazon has it?

edited April 2019

Very nice, dragonfly and vrba. Wowee, clicking on your thumb, vrba, one doesn't want to waste any time before enlarging it to full size! That CRT effect is brutal at the lower resolution. laugh

So, I've been attempting to improve upon my original representation of a 3D Spike character, and here's where I am at this point with "him". I used M4 with a significant amount of Hiro 4, plus a lot of miscellaneous dial tweaking (not to mention significant machinations with his clothing - you wouldn't think that would have been the hard part, but it really has been). Feel free to rip and tear.

SpikeTest.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 982K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited April 2019

I was watching a video on updates to Pixiv's Vroid Studio, and noticed the export options have been improved.  In particular, it has a Hair Export to Quad OBJ on it, and there are some nice pre-configured hair models, as well as a very nice procedural and freehand hair creator.  Also, the licensing "seems" to allow commercial use!

If you try it, I notice the import to Daz options that gets it close to Daz size would be use the 3DS MAX settings, but flip the Z and Y on the import settings dialog.

Here is one of the default hairs imported to daz and dropped on AnimeDoll. (iRAY)

Here is a Vroid "capture" (render) of that same hair on the Vroid model with a daz backround image imported to vroid.  :)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

I was watching a video on updates to Pixiv's Vroid Studio, and noticed the export options have been improved.  In particular, it has a Hair Export to Quad OBJ on it, and there are some nice pre-configured hair models, as well as a very nice procedural and freehand hair creator.  Also, the licensing "seems" to allow commercial use!

If you try it, I notice the import to Daz options that gets it close to Daz size would be use the 3DS MAX settings, but flip the Z and Y on the import settings dialog.

Here is one of the default hairs imported to daz and dropped on AnimeDoll. (iRAY)

Here is a Vroid "capture" (render) of that same hair on the Vroid model with a daz backround image imported to vroid.  :)

I've been meaning to check out that software, but have been too busy this week.  That's awesome news about the hair export.  Now I'm really going to check it out.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    edited April 2019

This is more on the realistic side, but inpired by Robotech.

Earth Civil Defense by tkdrobert

edited April 2019

Space Battleship Yamato

Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) by tkdrobert

• Hi all!
    I need some advice.
    I wanna make Haruhi Suzumiya Great again model, but don't know, which Daz model is better for that anime style? 

CRW_2794.jpg
    624 x 765 - 73K
    CRW_2797.jpg
    624 x 765 - 74K
    CRW_2812.jpg
    624 x 765 - 85K