Introducing the Creature Creator and Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s)

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited November 2013 in The Commons

If you haven't seen them yet, check out the new Creature Creator Morphs and the Creature Creator HD Morphs

With the release of the Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s) morphs we are also introducing our latest addition to DAZ Studio - HD Morphs. Previously content creators could only sculpt morphs on the base resolution of a SubD figure. Now, with our new HD technology content creators can sculpt their morphs at any mesh resolution they choose. This gives content creators the ability to sculpt fine detail into the mesh of a SubD figure that was previously unattainable.

Most morphs in the Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s) are sculpted at a level 3 subdivision, which means the mesh detail has 64x the polygon count.

Checkout the Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s) to see what the power of HD can do for you.

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions, post renders and share your thoughts about the new HD technology in DAZ Studio 4.6.1.17

not_so_purty_this_end.jpg
1024 x 800 - 233K
batlady.jpg
618 x 800 - 235K
pop-up01_creaturecreatorhdgenesis2female_.jpg
1400 x 910 - 134K
pop-up02_creaturecreatorhdgenesis2female_.jpg
1400 x 910 - 122K
pop-up03_creaturecreatorhdgenesis2female_.jpg
1400 x 910 - 135K
pop-up06_creaturecreatorhdgenesis2female_.jpg
1400 x 910 - 147K
Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Seen them and they are extremely interesting only the problem with the price is stopping me from purchasing; the price has been jumping about all over the place and your promo email says PC members get 20% off on top which for everything else in this sale has meant 66% but the store is only showing 58%.
    Is it possible to give some price clarification please.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

We are currently trying to sort the price out. I'll update when I have more information.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

In my cart and just waiting for price verification. Creatures look super! :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Managed to get it at the $16.XX price but here's the trick that worked for me. Instead of going to the store directly I went to the DAZ fancy promo area where it said $16.XX rather than the regular promo page where it was showing up at like $39.00. Once I saw the reduced price and I clicked on that and then it took me to the regular promo store page and the lower price stuck so I ordered before it decided otherwise. Can't believe after all this time the team still hasn't gotten all this mess sorted.

• Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Creature creator aside. Will it be possible for users to produce HD morphs? Via the usual methods?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    We are currently trying to sort the price out. I'll update when I have more information.

It appears to be sorted now thank you.

Do I need both the HD and the Genesis 2 set or does just the HD include all that is needed?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

The price for Platinum Club members should be 66% off. Regular customers is 30% off. The pricing for regular members was correct. Some PC members may have purchased it at 58% off. We are adjusting the store credit of those customers to reflect the difference in price. This store credit should be in your account within the next few hours.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

The Tools for creating the HD morphs are not currently public. Sorry.

Rayman29 said:
    Creature creator aside. Will it be possible for users to produce HD morphs? Via the usual methods?
    edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:

The tools to create HD morphs in DAZ Studio currently aren't publicly available.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Do I need both the HD and the Genesis 2 set or does just the HD include all that is needed?

The HD morphs come with the SD morphs. There is no need to purchase both.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jared! :) Bought and downloaded and ready to play!

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Do you intend to release them in the near future, or...?
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:

The HD morphs come with the SD morphs. There is no need to purchase both.

Thank you.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

She's purty

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    She's purty

Very nice render!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    She's purty

Hey, I'd ask her out on a date. :-)

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

No so Purty this end...lol

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

araneldon said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Do you intend to release them in the near future, or...?
    As Hexagon 3, I imagine. ;) <--- I need an eviller grin...</p>

-- Morgan

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

I did a spot render of the Bat and it has none of the extra details.

edited December 1969

Make sure that you have your SubDivision level set to 3. You can do this in the Parameters Pane. Look under the Mesh Resolution Property Group.

Keep in mind that the limit for this property is 3, so you'd need to use the Parameter Settings to adjust the limit. I recommend setting it no more than 3. If you have enough Ram you can try 4. You need about 32 GB of ram to set it to 5.

Each level of Subdivision increases the number of Polygons by a factor of 4. Most of the HD morphs in creature creator were built on level 3.

edited December 1969

I have 8gb is that going to be enough for 3?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

I hope this is something that will be made available once the spit and polish on the tools is complete. This is a mighty powerful feature that I'd hate to see locked up and unused.

Also, I assume this works on any SubD mesh, not just the base (G1/G2) figure, correct? So conforming clothing could gain extra resolution to make folds/wrinkles/etc more detailed without having to resort to displacement maps, for example.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

She's purdy to. Captain Kirk would love a date with her

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Sal UK said:

She's purdy to. Captain Kirk would love a date with her

But she isn't wearing chiffon with a hairdo out of the 1966 Hairdresser's Guide to Hairspray...

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    She's purty

Very nice render!

thanks!

edited December 1969

It should mention that Daz Users need to change the settings too, not just Poser users. I didn't read that part because since it was addressed to Poser users. Nevertheless, I still don't get HD results. I turned off limits and set it 3. It still looks SD. What level was used in the promos? They way they looked in the promos is what made me buy it. Not only that, I was overcharged.

bat_head.jpg
    858 x 792 - 339K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Do a comparison without any textures assigned. One with the HD morph dialled and one without.

edited December 1969

64 bit

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

DS 4.6.1.17?