Introducing the Creature Creator and Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Comments

• DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    OK, here's a test render without any textures... DSON Cache already deleted, latest versions of DAZ Studio in use (both current version and public beta build give me same results).
    ***edit*** just for clarity, I do not use Poser and renders are in DS, DSON reference merely as earlier posts in this thread infer DSON cache deletion fixes problem with renders... but not for me it seems (boo hoo etc etc)

Can you please submit a bug with this scene and the log attached. We have not seen this issue before.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems when I pose the figure with the legs.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the help. I have the HD morphs now. It is a shame that most expressions involving the mouth and jaw either do work much or even right. The teeth and gums pass through the face.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited October 2013

Mr Bowen said:
    Thank you for the help. I have the HD morphs now. It is a shame that most expressions involving the mouth and jaw either do work much or even right. The teeth and gums pass through the face.

Yes I have noticed the teeth poking through especially on the vampire morph, you can move the lower jaw teeth but the upper jaw you cant do anything with it, I guess these will get fixed at some point though.

Also Hand and feet morphs seem to have been left out of G2F's Creature Creation was this an oversight? and alien with human feet and hands now looks strange, or am I just blind and not seeing these morphs. <<<ITS OK I FOUND THE HAND MORPHS NOW>>>

Post edited by Sal UK on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited October 2013

Barubary said:
    Xdye said:
    Ok the other thing, its the mats, they are very poor, and in the promos seems there are mats that are not included, for example, what sold me the product was that demon: http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up09_creaturecreatorgenesis2female_.jpg
    But I don't find the mat or a way to recreate it, I am missing something, there is a way to create that mat? Daz will release a new product with new mats?

I don't think I would describe the mats as 'poor', at all, but I, too, do wonder where that amazing demon-esque mat came from...are there some creature creator materials coming we can look forward to?

Because, seriously, it looks amazing.

The texture in question is a free texture by DarioFish available over at Renderosity. But it's using the V4 UV so you need to have the V4 for Gen2Female product by Mallenlane sold here in the store or you simply use the Map Transfer included in Studio and convert the texture from V4 to the V5 UV. I've done that and it works nicely but this freebie does only include the diffuse maps and has no spec, bump or displacements - those are only included with the full product sold at Renderosity. I've created my own spec, normal and displacement maps with Shader Map, tho.

Post edited by Puntomaus on
    edited October 2013

still playing around.

The Chimp

And Alien In Chips Clothing..

Alien_In_Chimps_Clothing1.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 69K
    chimp1.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 134K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

This looks fascinating. It's in my cart, but I'm still unsure what the correct price should be for a PC member.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    OK, here's a test render without any textures... DSON Cache already deleted, latest versions of DAZ Studio in use (both current version and public beta build give me same results).
    ***edit*** just for clarity, I do not use Poser and renders are in DS, DSON reference merely as earlier posts in this thread infer DSON cache deletion fixes problem with renders... but not for me it seems (boo hoo etc etc)

Can you please submit a bug with this scene and the log attached. We have not seen this issue before.Certainly, I'll do that now

Incidentally, same settings rendered just fine in Luxrender using the Reality plug-in (Reality render below)

render_win_reality_scene.jpg
    900 x 900 - 347K
  • XdyeXdye Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

Puntomaus said:
    Barubary said:
    Xdye said:
    Ok the other thing, its the mats, they are very poor, and in the promos seems there are mats that are not included, for example, what sold me the product was that demon: http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up09_creaturecreatorgenesis2female_.jpg
    But I don't find the mat or a way to recreate it, I am missing something, there is a way to create that mat? Daz will release a new product with new mats?

I don't think I would describe the mats as 'poor', at all, but I, too, do wonder where that amazing demon-esque mat came from...are there some creature creator materials coming we can look forward to?

The texture in question is a free texture by DarioFish available over at Renderosity. But it's using the V4 UV so you need to have the V4 for Gen2Female product by Mallenlane sold here in the store or you simply use the Map Transfer included in Studio and convert the texture from V4 to the V5 UV. I've done that and it works nicely but this freebie does only include the diffuse maps and has no spec, bump or displacements - those are only included with the full product sold at Renderosity. I've created my own spec, normal and displacement maps with Shader Map, tho.

I see... I suppose the alien ones are also from dario fish then
    What I don't get is why daz puts images on promos of a product that doesn't include neither they sell

Another problem is am having now is that the creature add on textures doesn't match with the hd quality u get with the figures, textures should be way bigger resolution as you can see in myy picture. Now the good thingd about all, its the quality you get with just a 5 min render is amazing:

superdemon.jpg
    1214 x 1227 - 459K
    Post edited by Xdye on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, can't deny the included textures are relatively basic... horns look blurred up close and no displacement maps for bumpy skin, totally detracts from point of HD sculpting.

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Yeah, can't deny the included textures are relatively basic... horns look blurred up close and no displacement maps for bumpy skin, totally detracts from point of HD sculpting.

We want ptex!...ptex!...ptex!...ptex!...ptex!...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736
    edited December 1969

Here is a high-def zombie with DAZ textures, using AoA's new ambient and spot lights. (The eyes are shut 'cause I wanted to see how it would look as a moldering corpse.)

zombie.jpg
    666 x 1000 - 277K
  • DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Jabba101 said:

Can you please submit a bug with this scene and the log attached. We have not seen this issue before.

Certainly, I'll do that now

Incidentally, same settings rendered just fine in Luxrender using the Reality plug-in (Reality render below)

Looks like you had motion blur on in 3Delight. At this time, motion blur and HD morphs do not work together. If you shut off motion blur you should get the details.

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Looks like you had motion blur on in 3Delight. At this time, motion blur and HD morphs do not work together. If you shut off motion blur you should get the details.Yes indeed, just tried scene again with motion blur de-selected and HD details coming up great! Thanks again, and I've marked ticket as resolved.

Here's render of identical scene but with Motion Blur unchecked in my render settings...

with_Motion_Blur_de-selected.jpg
    900 x 900 - 158K
  • sypecksypeck Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Xdye said:

Thats why i bought it too..Searched every figure in the store not available ...I asked to returned it

• blargyblueblargyblue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could someone explain, like to a 5 year old, what you can do with this?

Does it come with figures? Or can you make figures from scratch?

If it comes with figures - can you change those? In which ways?

I wish I could get the HD but I only have 32 bit...and it seems like a big difference between those.

I'm also wondering what are the ABCs of getting started making figures or making scenes or animations with the software here. I really don't know where to begin or what to do.

It's like being hog tied at a 10k and watching everyone else run past...

Thanks.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

So, you have no experience using DAZ or the Genesis 2 Female product yet?

Genesis and Genesis 2 Female are morphable figures. You buy "morphs" for them, which allows you to change the shape of the Genesis figures by using dials to dial in different shapes. This product is a set of morphs for the Genesis 2 Female figure. Using it, you can dial in the shapes that are shown in the preview images at the start of this thread. And you can dial in the amount of a different shape that you want, and even mix and match elements of each shape to get something unique.

Does that kind of make sense?

edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me in baby steps how i can add texture maps from genesis or V4 to Genesis 2 female I've tried for hours now

edited December 1969

A side-by-side of untextured and textured using the default zombie mat that comes with the standard morphs

G2F_Creature_Creator_HD_Morphs_test.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me in baby steps how i can add texture maps from genesis or V4 to Genesis 2 female I've tried for hours now

You need this, first of all:
    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

edited December 1969

Then you can either buy this: http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-female-s

Or do it manually as the old V4 mat files need to be re-saved in duf format so Genesis 2 can use the textures, not sure how quick it is with using the skin converter but its easy enough manually, its just a case of loading up either V4 or if you have the V4 for genesis you can load genesis apply the texture you want to use on Genesis 2 and save a material preset from the File save options. its 3:30am here so Ill read this again tomorrow and Ill think when the hell did I write..lol

But if you can understand it Good Luck.. :)

Steve

edited December 1969

Genesis and Genesis 2 Female are morphable figures. You buy "morphs" for them, which allows you to change the shape of the Genesis figures by using dials to dial in different shapes. This product is a set of morphs for the Genesis 2 Female figure. Using it, you can dial in the shapes that are shown in the preview images at the start of this thread. And you can dial in the amount of a different shape that you want, and even mix and match elements of each shape to get something unique.

Yes! It does. Thank you.

I thought Genesis and Genesis 2 were software programs. That's how little I know.

So they are figures and the morphable figures can change them in the same way those children's storybooks that flip the top or middle or bottom third of a picture, do. (Only, in 3D and digitally.)

Sounds fun.

Are there threads comparing them, in basic language? Or maybe someone could recommend which of the basic male and female forms a newbie should get, for maximum ease and enjoyment and versatility in future morphing use?

edited December 1969

Yes! It does. Thank you.

I thought Genesis and Genesis 2 were software programs. That's how little I know.

So they are figures and the morphable figures can change them in the same way those children's storybooks that flip the top or middle or bottom third of a picture, do. (Only, in 3D and digitally.)

Sounds fun.

Are there threads comparing them, in basic language? Or maybe someone could recommend which of the basic male and female forms a newbie should get, for maximum ease and enjoyment and versatility in future morphing use?

This will show you Genesis 1's promo video to give you an idea, they dont seem to use the youtube channel so much these days though but here is the video showing how versatile Genesis is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBBnc2SJ90

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Love the set but still trying to get it all figured out.

1st we don't have 3 or 4 levels of smoothing to ask for. I have the latest public release of D/S and we have "0", "1" and "2".
    There is also a slot to select "high definition" mesh instead of the basic.
    However when one shoots the figure over the bridge to Hexagon, it shoots the geometry back to basic.
    So why it's doing that?

... and oh my, I don't know how/why/when this happened exactly, but the Surface tab for GF2 suddenly became 'a book'. Will need an encyclopedia of instructions for information about all those template selections lol ... or a link to an information thread ;-)

my_little_test_render.png
    971 x 529 - 438K
    edited December 1969

Love the set but still trying to get it all figured out.

1st we don't have 3 or 4 levels of smoothing to ask for. I have the latest public release of D/S and we have "0", "1" and "2".
    There is also a slot to select "high definition" mesh instead of the basic.
    However when one shoots the figure over the bridge to Hexagon, it shoots the geometry back to basic.
    So why it's doing that?

... and oh my, I don't know how/why/when this happened exactly, but the Surface tab for GF2 suddenly became 'a book'. Will need an encyclopedia of instructions for information about all those template selections lol ... or a link to an information thread ;-)

On the subdivision just above the slider is a small looking gear icon click on it and goto parameter settings and change the max to 3 or 4 if your system can handle it click accept and you now have 3 or 4 levels of sudD.. :)

Steve.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited October 2013

Edit to remove duplicate

Post edited by Salem2007 on
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Then you can either buy this: http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-female-s

Or do it manually as the old V4 mat files need to be re-saved in duf format so Genesis 2 can use the textures, not sure how quick it is with using the skin converter but its easy enough manually, its just a case of loading up either V4 or if you have the V4 for genesis you can load genesis apply the texture you want to use on Genesis 2 and save a material preset from the File save options. its 3:30am here so Ill read this again tomorrow and Ill think when the hell did I write..lol

But if you can understand it Good Luck.. :)

Steve

I did buy that product but can't seem to get it to work

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

This will show you Genesis 1's promo video to give you an idea, they dont seem to use the youtube channel so much these days though but here is the video showing how versatile Genesis is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBBnc2SJ90

Thanks! That was cool.

In the part with the clothes, can we make clothes we can sell, using that? It makes it look easy. A better question might be, is one allowed to market the figures one makes from the basic Genesis or is it for looks only?

Are the Creatures from Genesis? Are they Genesis morphs?

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

The sculpting work is beautiful. Hats off to whomever on staff, or third-party hired to create these "Masterpieces".

However, just curious about the choice to go with high-poly mesh real-time displacement in lieu of Ptex Vertex displacement (which I had hoped was eventually coming, with editable Ptex parameters), or even 3Delight's native micro-vertex (render-time) displacement, which has always worked so well, and is (should be) lighter on resources.

Nonetheless, it looks like you guys have a winner on your hands. The new tool sounds exciting, and I hope it will be implemented into Studio soon (or, at least an available plugin). If I had to postulate a guess, I would say you guys figured out a way to either transfer vertex coordinates on sub-d hierarchies via bridging without re-ordering, or you created an in-house sculpting plug-in (maybe loosely based on Casual's trials).

I look forward to see what lies ahead, and great renders in this thread showcasing the product. Keep em' coming...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Yes! It does. Thank you.

Sounds fun.

I'm assuming you've downloaded DAZ Studio. Genesis Starter Essentials and Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials will be at the bottom of the DAZ Studio page in your product library. Once you've installed them, try these tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpxHLXXctrE . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTyI2zYHppA They taught me a lot about the basics.

Some good basic morphs worth getting are (for Genesis) the Evolution Head, Body, and Muscularity morphs. For Genesis 2 Female, there are also head and body morphs. For either figure, these are useful for customizing any other shapes you may buy.

Depending upon what kind of renders you want to do, there are normal people, toons, monsters, aliens... and you can mix and match them any way you like. There are currently more things available for Genesis than Genesis 2 Female, so that may influence some of your buying decisions,

Before spending any money, though, try the tutorials I linked to, and spend some time just playing with the two figures, dialing up different combinations of the base morphs to get a feel for some of what you can do. One welcome recent announcement is that a PDF user manual for DAZ Studio is coming in November. That will probably explain things better than I can. I've been playing with Studio for about a year & a half, and I'm still learning every time I open the program up. Don't be afraid to ask questions, the folks here in the forums are a friendly, helpful bunch.