Introducing the Creature Creator and Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Comments

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:
    Barubary said:
    Xdye said:
    Ok the other thing, its the mats, they are very poor, and in the promos seems there are mats that are not included, for example, what sold me the product was that demon: http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up09_creaturecreatorgenesis2female_.jpg
    But I don't find the mat or a way to recreate it, I am missing something, there is a way to create that mat? Daz will release a new product with new mats?

I don't think I would describe the mats as 'poor', at all, but I, too, do wonder where that amazing demon-esque mat came from...are there some creature creator materials coming we can look forward to?

Because, seriously, it looks amazing.

The texture in question is a free texture by DarioFish available over at Renderosity. But it's using the V4 UV so you need to have the V4 for Gen2Female product by Mallenlane sold here in the store or you simply use the Map Transfer included in Studio and convert the texture from V4 to the V5 UV. I've done that and it works nicely but this freebie does only include the diffuse maps and has no spec, bump or displacements - those are only included with the full product sold at Renderosity. I've created my own spec, normal and displacement maps with Shader Map, tho.

Thanks for the info!

I think it's time I pay DarioFish' shop a visit, I think I already got half their store in my Rendo wishlist :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    The sculpting work is beautiful. Hats off to whomever on staff, or third-party hired to create these "Masterpieces".

However, just curious about the choice to go with high-poly mesh real-time displacement in lieu of Ptex Vertex displacement (which I had hoped was eventually coming, with editable Ptex parameters), or even 3Delight's native micro-vertex (render-time) displacement, which has always worked so well, and is (should be) lighter on resources.

Nonetheless, it looks like you guys have a winner on your hands. The new tool sounds exciting, and I hope it will be implemented into Studio soon (or, at least an available plugin). If I had to postulate a guess, I would say you guys figured out a way to either transfer vertex coordinates on sub-d hierarchies via bridging without re-ordering, or you created an in-house sculpting plug-in (maybe loosely based on Casual's trials).

I look forward to see what lies ahead, and great renders in this thread showcasing the product. Keep em' coming...

Morphs score over displacement in several respects. This isn't necessarily an exhaustive list of their benefits, just what comes to mind:

UV independence. A standard displacement map, being a map, can apply to only one UV set whereas the morphs can be used with any UV set, even a mixture of UV sets (pTex doesn't use UVs, of course, but I don't think pTex is supported by the DSON Importer for Poser)

Controllability. A morph can be turned up or down with a single slider, adjusting the strength of displacement requires selecting multiple materials

Mixability. Multiple morphs can be applied at once, and morphs can be mixed with displacement-based detailing

Previewability. Morphs can be shown, more or less or precisely depending on system capabilities, in the viewport

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Love the set but still trying to get it all figured out.

1st we don't have 3 or 4 levels of smoothing to ask for. I have the latest public release of D/S and we have "0", "1" and "2".
    There is also a slot to select "high definition" mesh instead of the basic.
    However when one shoots the figure over the bridge to Hexagon, it shoots the geometry back to basic.
    So why it's doing that?

... and oh my, I don't know how/why/when this happened exactly, but the Surface tab for GF2 suddenly became 'a book'. Will need an encyclopedia of instructions for information about all those template selections lol ... or a link to an information thread ;-)

On the subdivision just above the slider is a small looking gear icon click on it and goto parameter settings and change the max to 3 or 4 if your system can handle it click accept and you now have 3 or 4 levels of sudD.. :)

Steve.

thanks! I'll take a look for that 'cause yes my system should be able to handle that. :-)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited October 2013

.... 'once upon a time' this terrific model was released and no one couldn't use it in Poser.

.... so I made a little discovery and posted a tutorial which, while it would take some work, would make for the figure to be used in Poser.

.... and ever so quickly, out came a product to sell in the store to make the figure usable in Poser.

... to be nice, I removed my tutorial.

Now, tutorials take a lot of work as some may have already realized.

We need special plugin? to morph HD?

Releasing it to the public? or a "lite" version anytime "ever so quickly"?

'cause guess what i figured out how to do :-)

Method does have one little minor drawback though ... but works great for stills.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the feedback, Richard. Some interesting points.

It was late, and I was tired, so I need to make some corrections; I meant Ptex "Vector" displacement (32-bit color), and 3Dlight's micro-"polygon" displacement (which I always refer to as micro-vertex, but micro-polygon is the correct term based on the original REYES algorithm).

Previewability, and mixability are the two that I would say are the best examples for instant gratification without a convoluted workflow.

I would love to hear from the Daz_ boys heading up this thread regarding more on this, and how they went about to achieve such greatness...

• millighostmillighost Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

The HD morphs seem to come in the files with the suffix .dhdm. They contain binary data describing the morph, but what exactly is in it. I.e. is it some sort of standard format taken from somewhere else (which one), or is it home cooked (some kind of refurbished version of Poser's binary morphs)? In any case, i would like to know what exactly is in them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

despite the fact that I don't actually use DS, and have never used it, I can decipher that suffix as probably meaning Daz High Def Morph. Seems to make sense to me. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    despite the fact that I don't actually use DS, and have never used it, I can decipher that suffix as probably meaning Daz High Def Morph. Seems to make sense to me. :coolsmirk:

Er, yes, that is probably what the filename means. I try to reformulate my question more precisely: As i know a morph cannot be stored in a digital file, that is impossible. What can be stored in a file is a binary representation of a morph. So how does this binary data in the dhdm-file represent the morph that is to be applied to the figure when the file is loaded into DS?
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

ah! Yes I was confuzzled, probably because of the reference to "some kind of refurbished version of Poser’s binary morphs" because we are talking Daz Studio here, not Poser. Daz Studio code is written by DAZ 3D developers.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

The HD morphs seem to come in the files with the suffix .dhdm. They contain binary data describing the morph, but what exactly is in it. I.e. is it some sort of standard format taken from somewhere else (which one), or is it home cooked (some kind of refurbished version of Poser's binary morphs)? In any case, i would like to know what exactly is in them.

.dhdm is a proprietary format developed by DAZ3D. It stores the information needed for Studio to move the vertices created by Subdivision. It has nothing to do with Poser's binary morphs.

edited December 1969

.dhdm is a proprietary format developed by DAZ3D. It stores the information needed for Studio to move the vertices created by Subdivision.

Ok, that is good to know. "Proprietary by DAZ3D" means that you seem to be exactly the right person to answer what is in it. Well, you answered what it stores, so the question remains: how does it store the information? Do you have a file format specification or something like that? It might also be possible that you would rather try to keep it a secret (in which case i will ask no further questions), but since you already documented the dsf/duf file formats, you might just as well document the dhdm format.

It has nothing to do with Poser's binary morphs.
    Well, if it has anything to do with it or it has not is open for interpretation, i think, because Poser's binary morphs also do store information to move vertices (created by subdivision or otherwise). Depends on how you look at it. But i already know everything about poser's binary morphs i want to know, and this is not about Poser, take my apologies and forget that i ever mentioned it :-)

• DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

.dhdm is a proprietary format developed by DAZ3D. It stores the information needed for Studio to move the vertices created by Subdivision.

Ok, that is good to know. "Proprietary by DAZ3D" means that you seem to be exactly the right person to answer what is in it. Well, you answered what it stores, so the question remains: how does it store the information? Do you have a file format specification or something like that? It might also be possible that you would rather try to keep it a secret (in which case i will ask no further questions), but since you already documented the dsf/duf file formats, you might just as well document the dhdm format.

It has nothing to do with Poser's binary morphs.

Well, if it has anything to do with it or it has not is open for interpretation, i think, because Poser's binary morphs also do store information to move vertices (created by subdivision or otherwise). Depends on how you look at it. But i already know everything about poser's binary morphs i want to know, and this is not about Poser, take my apologies and forget that i ever mentioned it :-)

Sorry but the format spec like the tools are not currently publicly available.

My comment about it not having anything to do with pmd's was just to emphasize that they are not set up the same way.

edited December 1969

Sorry but the format spec like the tools are not currently publicly available.

Too bad, but thanks anyway.

My comment about it not having anything to do with pmd's was just to emphasize that they are not set up the same way.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Be Kind (This could be someones Wife!) :p

beKind.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 736K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited October 2013

It is somebody's wife.. She is married to Baraka from Mortal Kombat:)

Baraka016.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 393K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    It is somebody's wife.. She is married to Baraka from Mortal Kombat:)

No She dumped him for a toy boy david found out she had lots of money.... and you can see he needs to get out in the sun, photo was taken just before they flew out on holiday to some nudist beach for an all over tan... wonder if you can get an even tan with all them wrinkles..

beKind2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 914K
    edited October 2013

I'd tap that:) She has this certain charm about her lol...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    She has this certain charm about her lol...

Probably talismans and potions, too.

edited December 1969

lol yes 2 hanging around her neck so to speak... This is how she looked to david before he sobered up, If your going out to pick up a woman don't drink it is safer to drink and drive!

beKind2B.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 909K
    edited December 1969

Hey if those potions put me in the mood and make her super irresistible, who am I to complain:)

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    lol yes 2 hanging around her neck so to speak... This is how she looked to david before he sobered up, If your going out to pick up a woman don't drink it is safer to drink and drive!

LOL...the power of beer goggles

edited October 2013

Zev0 said:
    Sal UK said:

LOL...the power of beer goggles

yes that's why a lot of men spend all the time in the pub/club trying to get that drunk again and go home to the woman he originally met the last time he was drunk...lol

*EDIT just so the woman don't get mad at me, the same goes the other way around too just we ain't got Genesis 2 Male and the creature creation morphs for him It will come SOON<<< lol</p>

Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

Lol, sad thing is there are some guys in that situation, and some women as well:) Lost the six pack for a six pack of beers:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Lol, sad thing is there are some guys in that situation, and some women as well:) Lost the six pack for a six pack of beers:)

Yes for sure, nevermind genesis 2 male is just around the corner it will be revenge time then when roles get reversed... :)

edited October 2013

Yep:) Can't wait. Finishing Aging Morphs2 for both G2F and M with some HD support as well, so it will be interesting to see what results people will get by combining them with Creature morphs or just normal characters.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Yep:) Can't wait. Finishing Aging Morphs2 for both G2F and M with some HD support as well, so it will be interesting to see what results people will get by combining them with Creature morphs or just normal characters.

Yes look forward to them love messing with the aging morphs on genesis... :)

edited December 1969

Cool. Will probably start a thread as usual when they are thread ready lol. Wish I had more time to make fun renders..I have the creature morphs but so far all I have been doing is tests learning this HD stuff. Not complaining though, it opens up so much possibilities:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Cool. Will probably start a thread as usual when they are thread ready lol. Wish I had more time to make fun renders..I have the creature morphs but so far all I have been doing is tests learning this HD stuff. Not complaining though, it opens up so much possibilities:)

Yes its like we are going backwards in coming forward, they created displacement because computers were just too slow to handle all the geometry and detail was provided by the displacement now its showing how far it has all come.

Its funny I started messing with computers in 1981 with the zx81 and moved up the years with commodore,amstrad, bbc, amiga ect it used to take about 5 to 10 hours to render a sphere on the amiga..lol its crazy the things that can be done today.

edited October 2013

Yep:) Although HD is not meant to fully replace displacement, but more to enhance it or work together in most cases. But as mentioned before its benefits are superior, because its morph based and can work on any UV set applied:) That in it's own right is awesome, making it more universal and useful;)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

This sounds really interesting. I'm sure the HD stuff will be great in the hands of a morph master like you.