Introducing the Creature Creator and Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Comments

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited October 2013

I forgot and thought I installed Studio with DIM. I checked the installed list and it isn't listed. That would be why I missed the update. Well, I will have try after the update. Thank you for the help.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear (I'm confused LOL), the SubD needs to be set to 3 even to render HD? Or just to see in viewport?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    I forgot and thought I installed Studio with DIM. I checked the installed list and it isn't listed. That would be why I missed the update. Well, I will have try after the update. Thank you for the help.

The HD requires the latest version of DS

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear (I'm confused LOL), the SubD needs to be set to 3 even to render HD? Or just to see in viewport?

In DS, just to see in viewport, rendering in 3delight should automatically use the required subd level.

edited December 1969

Thank you again. It is my fault because I did't install Studio with DIM and missed the update.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited October 2013

And here we go again, there's no point in having this without a male counterpart!

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

In DS, just to see in viewport, rendering in 3delight should automatically use the required subd level.

Thanks Mike :)

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

So brave people in the Carrara forum are fumbling through attempts to use these morphs. How about something official from DAZ on whether these will work or not? if not, or only partially with workarounds, could you please explain why we were asked to pay for the Carrara 8.5 upgrade if native Genesis compatibility was not the goal as advertised? This is particularly frustrating as the Fit to function is also not working properly.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

My previous post made it sound like you need to turn the Subdivision level up to use the HD morphs in render. You only need to turn the SubD level up to see it in the viewport in DAZ Studio. In Poser you do have to set the SubDivision level at whatever level you want it rendered at. In DAZ Studio the render level Subdivision is based on a number of things, but it is handled automatically.

You do need the latest general release of DAZ Studio 4.6 or DSON Importer for poser (depending on your flavor) for the HD morphs to work.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    My previous post made it sound like you need to turn the Subdivision level up to use the HD morphs in render. You only need to turn the SubD level up to see it in the viewport in DAZ Studio. In Poser you do have to set the SubDivision level at whatever level you want it rendered at. In DAZ Studio the render level Subdivision is based on a number of things, but it is handled automatically.

You do need the latest general release of DAZ Studio 4.6 or DSON Importer for poser (depending on your flavor) for the HD morphs to work.

Thank you for the answer Jared. So compatibility with outside software, but DAZ's own. Hmmm.

edited December 1969

I have 8gb is that going to be enough for 3?

That depends on what else you have in your scene and what other applications you have running. It probably would be fine. If it slows down you can turn the SubDivision level down for preview. The render engine will still render the image with the High Res mesh.

edited December 1969

Cbird said:

Thank you for the answer Jared. So compatibility with outside software, but DAZ's own. Hmmm.

The HD morphs don't work in the current version of Carrara 8.5

• XdyeXdye Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, after trying it I am kinda dissapointed in somethings.
    The morphs are very messed, I mean for example i go shaping and then to head, i see fantasy scfi parent, there is almost all morphs, but then some (after searching) I noticed are in universal and another parent created that says fantasy / scifi. It happens in a couple of morphs.

What I mean is that is all a bit chaotic, especially find all the morphs inculded in the product, wouldnt be possible or it is possible create a main row like actor but named creature creator with just all the morphs of the product?
    Also it doesn't help that there isn't any shape preset included, I mean wouldnt be hard make some like alien, lion, monkey, etc?

Ok the other thing, its the mats, they are very poor, and in the promos seems there are mats that are not included, for example, what sold me the product was that demon: http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up09_creaturecreatorgenesis2female_.jpg
    But I don't find the mat or a way to recreate it, I am missing something, there is a way to create that mat? Daz will release a new product with new mats?
    Also there isn't any eye mats, except zombie I think

So main questions: Can i create the exact alien or demon that are in the promos just with this product?

edited December 1969

Render drop :)

"One way to take care of a Zombie"

ZombieBJD.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 679K
    edited October 2013

Well, I updated Studio and I get the same non-HD results. There are none of the fine details from the promo renders. Do they not render with Spot render? Do I have to render to file instead to have them?

bat_head.jpg
    722 x 856 - 326K
    Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited October 2013

Mr Bowen said:
    Well, I updated Studio and I get the same non-HD results. There are none of the fine details from the promo renders. Do they not render with Spot render? Do I have to render to file instead to have them?

Yep, I've got that problem before too because I've opened the HD morphs in a DS version that didn't support them. In order to make it work you need to clear your dson cache. Go to Edit - Preferences - General and at the bottom of the window where it reads DSON cache files click on the clear button. I think you have to close and start Studio again, but not sure.

Post edited by Puntomaus on
    edited December 1969

I don't have a clear button.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Trying out a bit of a subtle mix of shapes, but full-tilt with the texture, hehehe

G2F_Creature_test_1.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Glad to see I'm not the only one loving these! LOL

A mix of some of the alien head morphs. One thing I did notice is the outfit fit fine in the viewport but on render she was poking through at the collars and neck. That's hard to fix. LOL

Alien.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 485K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited October 2013

Mr Bowen said:

I think it's in the latest beta. You can install that alongside the current version from the DIM, then use that to clear your dson cache.

I think the description should be a bit stronger about installing the morphs in an earlier version of DS.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • XdyeXdye Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:

I think it's in the latest beta. You can install that alongside the current version from the DIM, then use that to clear your dson cache.

I think the description should be a bit stronger about installing the morphs in an earlier version of DS.

More easy go to \AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dson\cache\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2
    and from that folder delete Female.cache.dsf

Start daz studio and here u go!

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Sal UK said:
    No so Purty this end...lol

She's purdy to. Captain Kirk would love a date with her

lol don't know what happend render has disapeared guess captain kirk beamed her out of here...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736
    edited December 1969

Xdye said:
    Mr Bowen said:

I am having this problem also. I will try this.

I still had fun with the morphs and textures, etc and did this render of Spaceport Girls.

space_port_girls_2.jpg
    1347 x 1120 - 302K
  • Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried using lux with the Hd morphs?

Are there any compatibility problems?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:

I have not tried yet, but I don't expect there to be a problem. The Studio API already makes subdivided meshes available to plugins, and Reality exports the subdivided mesh automatically. And Luxus ought to as well, since without supporting subdivided meshes, Genesis would never export properly to Lux.
  • am999am999 Posts: 33
    edited October 2013

Xdye said:

Thanks, this worked for me. So to summarize this: If you don't see the HD morphs in renders, be sure to install the latest DAZ Studio Version (currently 4.6.1.17). You can find the currently installed version via the Help menu -> About DAZ Studio... command.

After installing the latest version, you will probably need to delete the DSON cache for Gensis 2 as described above. BTW: The AppData folder can be found in the user directory: Usually C:\Users\[Username]\

Note that the \Users directory may be displayed in the explorer with a different name which depends on the Windows locale. So, when using a German Windows, it will be called C:\Benutzer.

Post edited by am999 on
    edited December 1969

No, tried all the above and still not as it should be - i'll run off a couple of renders, but looks great in preview pane, just looks lo-res when rendered.

• DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Rayman29 said:

I have not tried yet, but I don't expect there to be a problem. The Studio API already makes subdivided meshes available to plugins, and Reality exports the subdivided mesh automatically. And Luxus ought to as well, since without supporting subdivided meshes, Genesis would never export properly to Lux.

I believe both Reality and Luxus just render the "cached mesh" (the mesh in the view port). This means to see the full detail in LuxRender you'll need to subdivide the figure to level 3 before you render.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited October 2013

Xdye said:
    Ok the other thing, its the mats, they are very poor, and in the promos seems there are mats that are not included, for example, what sold me the product was that demon: http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up09_creaturecreatorgenesis2female_.jpg
    But I don't find the mat or a way to recreate it, I am missing something, there is a way to create that mat? Daz will release a new product with new mats?

I don't think I would describe the mats as 'poor', at all, but I, too, do wonder where that amazing demon-esque mat came from...are there some creature creator materials coming we can look forward to?

Because, seriously, it looks amazing.

Post edited by Barubary on
    edited October 2013

OK, here's a test render without any textures... DSON Cache already deleted, latest versions of DAZ Studio in use (both current version and public beta build give me same results).
    ***edit*** just for clarity, I do not use Poser and renders are in DS, DSON reference merely as earlier posts in this thread infer DSON cache deletion fixes problem with renders... but not for me it seems (boo hoo etc etc)

renderfail_Catmark_SubD_Algorithm.jpg
    1920 x 894 - 614K
    Post edited by Jabba on