Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• DemesisDemesis Posts: 6
    edited February 2021

Post edited by Demesis on
  • SPadhi89SPadhi89 Posts: 170
    edited May 2020

Hey guys, I made a few Superhero Renders during my initial days with DAZ.

Similar looking images are rendered in different engines. One Lux Render and the other one in Iray. Costmes are mix and match of various other clothes.

And @dark-BuB, How on Earth are you making such renders in DAZ! I am speechless at the beauty of those renders. I am fascinated and wondering how did you make the characters, the armor etc....

Some other members also posted amazing contents in the initial pages.. I like the way they cartoonize the pics. Though they look beautiful, I think that defeats the purpose of 3D imagery.

Batman LuxRender.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Batman Iray.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Batman2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Batman3.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    WW LuxRender.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    WW Iray.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by SPadhi89 on
  • dark-BuBdark-BuB Posts: 44

Thank You guys!

@Demesis  Your ps actions looks very good too! I like it, it looks like like a painting.
    I used Ivan HD and in Ps I did the scars etc and after that I mix a little bit with the Galactic Tyrant character in Daz.

@SPadhi89   Your renders and lights are awesome too, it would be good to use the lights like you :D
    I like the Bat armor, are you using the Cyclops armor, aren't you? :D It is a good choice, I tried it, but didn't like the "side armor pipes things" on it, but you add shaders on it, that was a good idea :D

I'm trying play the normal, bump, roughness maps, maybe that's why it looks more detailed :D

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited May 2020

This is my attempt to show how Superman might look as he starts to fly away from the perspective of someone he's just saved from street crime.

MetSupermanTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 871K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    dark-BuB said:

Thank You guys!

@Demesis  Your ps actions looks very good too! I like it, it looks like like a painting.
    I used Ivan HD and in Ps I did the scars etc and after that I mix a little bit with the Galactic Tyrant character in Daz.

@SPadhi89   Your renders and lights are awesome too, it would be good to use the lights like you :D
    I like the Bat armor, are you using the Cyclops armor, aren't you? :D It is a good choice, I tried it, but didn't like the "side armor pipes things" on it, but you add shaders on it, that was a good idea :D

I'm trying play the normal, bump, roughness maps, maybe that's why it looks more detailed :D

Thanks @dark-BuB, I just play with minimal lights, change their color and luminosity to match the scene in mind. Most of my scenes have only 1 or 2 lights. The other effects come from the lighting of the environment. And yes I used the Cyclops armor. I did not use the full armor/ The whole costume is a mix and match of various other costumes. The Eblem was also made from the body suit :P 

I never play with the normal maps. I use Bump Maps on things. I rely more on Shaders.

edited May 2020

How is this. Rendered the base 3D and post worked in Photoshop.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,127

Wow, that's really good!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Looks like a movie poster and you really got Benedict Cumberbatch's face perfectly! 

Wow, that's really good!

Thanks @butterflyfish :)
    RAMWolff said:

Looks like a movie poster and you really got Benedict Cumberbatch's face perfectly! 

Thank you @RAMWolff! Yeah I tried to make it look like a movie poster. It took me 3 days to arrive at the final render. Some mix and match and modelling etc. But I think, this movie poster look has a downside. Nobody notices it made in 3D in first look.
  • ebonartgalleryebonartgallery Posts: 251
    edited May 2020

Lynx has been captured!\

LynxBound.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by ebonartgallery on
    edited June 2020
    crikett said:

The recent situation of being at home so much more often has at least led to an increase in render output... and a few X-specific ones at that...

AMAZING RENDERS, all of them inlcuding your other posts

Post edited by Chohole on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited May 2020

I finally got some stuff I needed to make my Joker design a lot more gnarly looking. 

TMW_Joker_1.png
    1014 x 1014 - 1M
    TMW_Joker_2.png
    998 x 998 - 1M
    TMW_Joker_3.png
    1605 x 1014 - 2M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
    Good one!!
    edited May 2020

Snyder Cut is coming, so... my Darkseid :D

Dc Villains - Darkseid 3.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by dark-BuB on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    Gregorius said:

This is my attempt to show how Superman might look as he starts to fly away from the perspective of someone he's just saved from street crime.

Good work there.

dark-BuB said:

Snyder Cut is coming, so... my Darkseid :D

WHAT AN AWESOME RENDER!! Where did you get the skin, and armor?
  • CantrapsCantraps Posts: 28

I've been creating a parody comic based on DC and Marvel heros turning evil for a couple of years now and I though I'd share a few of the resulting characters (just a small selection!). It's Marvel focussed at the moment so here's my Black Cat (with added symbiote), Prof X, but gender bent and gothis, and Sue Storm, but with some additions!

Black Cat Symbiote.png
    824 x 1236 - 1M
    Prof X Corrupted.png
    824 x 1236 - 1M
    Evil Sue Storm.png
    824 x 1236 - 1M
    05-003.png
    824 x 1236 - 2M
    34-007a.png
    400 x 600 - 406K
    37-001.png
    824 x 1236 - 1M
    Cantraps said:

I've been creating a parody comic based on DC and Marvel heros turning evil for a couple of years now and I though I'd share a few of the resulting characters (just a small selection!). It's Marvel focussed at the moment so here's my Black Cat (with added symbiote), Prof X, but gender bent and gothis, and Sue Storm, but with some additions!

Some good renders
  • SPadhi89 said:

WOW Fantastic creation of the famous Marvel Sorcer Supreme... Dr Strange..

How is this. Rende

red the base 3D and post worked in Photoshop.

• Aussie ArtistAussie Artist Posts: 84
    edited June 2020

HOLY CGI !!

Here is My recreation of The 1960s Batman...  Using various Kitbash clothing by MightyMite  ( Renderosity ), Figure : G3M.. Rendered in Daz Studio - IRAY.... Pose - from Daz superhero poses for G3 ( Forgot which specific 1)

Batman 60's Action - PORTRAIT.png
    1200 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Aussie Artist on
    edited June 2020

Hi All!
    My new Avengers Fan art, with the classic five members.
    In the old days I was a fan of the Ultimes first 2 books I liked the modern change, and the new hero looks, I tried to use few of the costumes from there.

Avengers 01 - Eng.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by dark-BuB on
  • Super Amazing work - Dark- Bub.. Well done-- KUDOS !!

Thank You! :)

• You are welcome... - Dark..

edited June 2020

Hello all and thanks to Aussie Artist for appreciating my work. And your Batman looks good too. However, the emblem seems to be floating in the air. Or may be its a problem with my eyes. We all do some kind of Kit Bashing always. Its never a single costume for all. The Batman in my avatar was made using various costumes made for M4 till G3M. 

DarkBub, as always, I like your art. I have created a base DarkSeid figure but not getting time to render it.

But my computer has failed me and I am a bit busy these days looking for a job, sadly not getting any. Hence, I am not creating much arts. I am following various threads from time to time though. Hoping to post soon.

• you are welcome, Spad.... Glad you liked my batman render...  as to the badge .. yes  it is floating  bit... it's a seperate object to bodysuit.. but for some reason. i was not able to get it closer to the bodysuit..

you are welcome, Spad.... Glad you liked my batman render...  as to the badge .. yes  it is floating  bit... it's a seperate object to bodysuit.. but for some reason. i was not able to get it closer to the bodysuit..

No worries, keep practicing.

• you are welcome, Spad.... Glad you liked my batman render...  as to the badge .. yes  it is floating  bit... it's a seperate object to bodysuit.. but for some reason. i was not able to get it closer to the bodysuit..

If you're interested, I might have a few ideas to bring it closer. We've all been there. It's entirely up to you, but if you'd like some input, feel free to let me know how you achieved what you have so far.

I'm this close to being able to post a new work too. It seemed a lot funnier before all the funny got sucked out of the nation's sails, but still it seems worth trying. You might have to have been watching cartoons in the 70s to get it, but we'll see. I'm having trouble deforming a key object to fit the scene the right way.

• yes  some help would be nice , thanks  John..  good luck with Deforming. i have yet to try deforming in daz Studio

• You're welcome! So the easiest place to start is to ask what sort of object your logo already is and how it wound up offset in this way. I can propose a few fixes, but some of them probably involve starting over from scratch. I'd rather not go that route first  :)