Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

This is a look at Lightwave in 2009 using a quad-core cpu and 4GB RAM, doing star ship effects for Battlestar Galactica (reimagined SyFy version)

Seeing things like this is part of why I already know that I never need to graduate from Carrara to some other software choice. We use what we have and adapt!

Pay special attention when he starts mentioning how many polygons are in the Pegasus, how many textures, surfaces, lights, etc.,

This is what reminds me of Carrara - how well it handles large scenes compared to other software of this price or lower. It also shows how spectacular LW is (or at least was - I doubt that it got worse) and it, too, is thought of as a dying option.

It's amazing, all of the things that are going on here!

It should also be noted, however, that the processor is AMD's Phenom, which is a Server-class (workstation) cpu.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Dartanbeck said:

I can't remember how many, but I combined several Particle Illusion presets and then tweaked them to make the 'summoning' effects in this gif, then combined them all into the render via Fusion

Impressive use of PI.  I found it useful for the intor to this one, everything except the text is PI: rocket, smoke, vector asteroids.

Very nice and clean! Awesome!

Dartanbeck said:

Very nice and clean! Awesome!

Thanks.  I have tried more than once to get comfortable with a 2D animation program, especially a couple that I've won in contests.  But it just never takes for me.  PI lets me do some little stuff like this painlessly.  

Another example of a 2D animation using only PI (just a few seconds at 1:40):

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

and thats how you storm a palace, bender style.  a good drum beat and lots of apologizing laugh

!!! A good drum beat makes everything better !!!

Hey, that was cool! I might have to try and sneak that show in! Thanks for the clip!

In this one (scene I'm talking about begins at 1:39), Ahsoka Tano, my favorite Jedi of all time, races battle on Mandalore. Great drums with a great orchestra and great animation, if you think "there's no way she could do that", then you need to watch the whole series... because, yeah... she Can!!!

a well dressed squeet.

wouldnt be the rescuers without the rescue theme music

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

More from Billy Wilder on the "Lubitsch Touch"

- how to dramatize infidelity

And video essay on use of doors to indicate off screen space

Doors in productions reminds me of “Noises Off”, the hilarious play by Michael Frayn, made into a 1992 movie with a stellar cast.  Here is a review of a New York stage version: 

“  ‘Noises Off’ Review: Nine Doors to Delight … 
    Classic farce—the kind in which doors get slammed at metronomically regular intervals—is hard to write and harder to stage. Not only does it require timing of immaculately finicky exactitude to ensure that the doors slam on time without decapitating anybody, but it works only when the actors conduct themselves with poker-faced seriousness … Derek McLane’s set has nine doors, seven onstage and two more backstage, all of which get a high-intensity workout … The two-story set is turned around during intermission, thus allowing us to witness the calamitous events from the point of view of the hapless actors and crew.”  (Wall Street Journal, 14Jan2016)

I saw it at the Alley Theater in Houston, the one piece huge set was completely turned around with ropes and pulleys at intermission, to a standing ovation.

tee hee  hologram characters

the phantom zone plane in space.

so creepy

remember Weekend at Bernies.

then there was blinded by science, they brought a doll to life.
    the mannequin movie, a girl mannequin came to life.

atleast they didnt have try to have a love life with dead bernie.

tee hee

she's kinda fascinating to watch

should i waatch john carpenter?

is 3.99 to rent on amazon prime.

there's a cheaper princess of mars, but i dont have confidence in traci lords acting ability.

I don't know about John Carpenter, but John Carter is a great watch!

My kids bought it for me and I love it!

Watching John Carter will certainly inspire one to animate, for sure!

Another great that I've owned for years that I still pull out and watch at least once or twice a year is Beowulf (2007)

This is one epic and heroic fight with the dragon

If you want to see how this scene ends, watch this one

They sure did an amazing job with this film!

Thanks.  thats the movie i meant.

it makes me think of the old V4 martian princess smiley

Mystiara said:

Thanks.  thats the movie i meant.

it makes me think of the old V4 martian princess smiley

Me too! smiley

Although the animation I was rendering when I watched it was very much inspired by Alita Battle Angel and other Manga/Anime style action, the movie I chose to watch was in the spirits of my ongoing celebration of cinematic CG dragondom.

I'm not normally one to enjoy movies that I can't understand so I have to read the subtitles, but this one really rocked me - start to finish!

Kudos!

I Am Dragon

i'll spring for the 3.99 then.  making popcorn smiley

pesky pixie pepperoni

edited June 2021

Hulk smash

punches Thor  tee hee heee  priceless cinema history

i luv they put Hulk in the Thor movie.

tee hee.  thaz one big green bum

Post edited by Mistara on

tee hee.  theres one of these roundbout thingees in Sag Harbor.  just saw one in pc items lol

a really good toot on camera movement

I've made my first Fan-Edit of a film. Guess which one ;)

I have the actual post for it here

gave it a like and a subscribe. 

Will artficial intelligence win a film festival?

Mystiara said:

gave it a like and a subscribe. 

Thanks! :)

Hmmm... that's interesting, Diomede. I was reading stuff about that a while back.