Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Observation: Laura's default skin doesn't look too great in Daz Studio. The other generation 3 skins look better. I'm going to apply some of Stephanie 3 and Victoria 3's skins to Laura.

Anna Marie Goddard is on the right.

This scene took six minutes to render. All I used were two distant lights.

Laura_comparison.jpg
    751 x 610 - 162K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited November 2013

K T Ong said:
    Rogerbee said:
    K T Ong said:
    A recent VUE render I did...

Very nice,

I have Vue myself, but, it bridges with Poser and I stopped using it when I found DSON so limiting. I'm hoping that one day they decide to make a 64-bit version of Bryce and have it bridge fully with DS4.6. The current Bryce is only 32-bit and I haven't heard many good things about it.

CHEERS!

Thanks!

Hey, VUE bridges with DS4.6 as well. That was how I brought the two human figures into my scene!
    ...however, I still thought they could only be posed in Vue if they were imported from Poser. Otherwise you would have to set up and pre-pose a figure save it as a .obj, and then import it which would mean you couldn't make any pose adjustments afterwards.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

That reminds me, I need to buy the import plugin for Vue Pioneer. In the mean time, I can send my scenes to Carrara 7 Express or Bryce.

edited December 1969

Observation: Laura's default skin doesn't look too great in Daz Studio. The other generation 3 skins look better. I'm going to apply some of Stephanie 3 and Victoria 3's skins to Laura.

...check the settings in the Surfaces tab. Most likely the lighting model is set to "Plastic" Select all the body surfaces (not the eyes) and select "Skin". Also check the ambient channel to see if that is turned up (this happens a lot with older shaders as they are set up for Poser) . Set it to black and 0%.

I looked at the Mil Kids - Young Teens product page and it doesn't mention anything about Daz Default Presets (shaders) with the base characters.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2013

Some land of the giants classics

387.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 81K
    386.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 79K
    384.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 68K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    K T Ong said:
    Rogerbee said:
    K T Ong said:
    A recent VUE render I did...

Very nice,

I have Vue myself, but, it bridges with Poser and I stopped using it when I found DSON so limiting. I'm hoping that one day they decide to make a 64-bit version of Bryce and have it bridge fully with DS4.6. The current Bryce is only 32-bit and I haven't heard many good things about it.

CHEERS!

Thanks!

Hey, VUE bridges with DS4.6 as well. That was how I brought the two human figures into my scene!
    ...however, I still thought they could only be posed in Vue if they were imported from Poser. Otherwise you would have to set up and pre-pose a figure save it as a .obj, and then import it which would mean you couldn't make any pose adjustments afterwards.

Yeah, that was kind of what I thought, I know Vue can read .pz3's, but was unaware it could read anything done in DS. Mind you, I don't have the latest version of Vue.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...check the settings in the Surfaces tab. Most likely the lighting model is set to "Plastic" Select all the body surfaces (not the eyes) and select "Skin". Also check the ambient channel to see if that is turned up (this happens a lot with older shaders as they are set up for Poser) . Set it to black and 0%.

I looked at the Mil Kids - Young Teens product page and it doesn't mention anything about Daz Default Presets (shaders) with the base characters.

My thoughts too,

Can you not use the EHSS with Gen3 figures?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I forgot to apply the EHSS. I'll try it next time. I should also turn down the glossiness. I turned down the ambiance for both skin textures.

Laura_comparison.jpg
    751 x 610 - 178K
    edited December 1969

There's definitely something that's not quite there, can't put my finger on what.

FW Art has released a pack for M6 that has presets for the new SSS shader so they will be a good jumping off point for other textures:

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/fw-dan-megapack

I intend to get a lot of M6 goodies on Wed, not sure if this'll be among them though, depends how much I can spend.

CHEERS!

edited November 2013

I applied the EHSS to Laura on the left. I turned down the specular strength to 55% I changed the skin of Laura on the right to Real Woman 001. I was looking for a skin set that includes makeup or nailpolish.

edit: I forgot to mention that I turned off shadows to save rendering time. I'll turn it on next time. Ah, I need to edit the surface settings for the eyes because they look like plastic.

Ok, I'm going to finish some 2D drawings now. Bye

Update: the opacity for the conrea was set to 0% I had the change the opacity to 100%. I'll post an update soon.

Laura_ehss.jpg
    751 x 610 - 162K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Laura needs a lot more adjustment, I can't remember offhand what presets I used to use, this'll help though:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20658113-how-to-use-the-elite-human-surface-shaders

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

BTW Kyoto I used cloud 9 for Reality on the last night renders

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I'll play with EHSS later. I can always use Victoria 3's skin on Laura.

Her default skin does look better in Poser. Here is my old render of Laura in Poser 9: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/472290/ You will need to scroll down to see the second image. Thanks for posting the link. I thought it was in my bookmark folder but I didn't see it.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    BTW Kyoto I used cloud 9 for Reality on the last night renders

...so what did that do to the render time? I know it uses UE so it tends to be slow depending on how heavy the reflectivity and transmaps are in a scene.
    edited December 1969

I let them run for 2 hours overnight queued but would say looked finished enough between 1 to 1.5 hours

edited December 1969

Laura in Luxrender with default skin and no EHSS. I let Luxrender run for about 25 minutes before I stopped Luxrender.

Laura_Lux_Render_1.jpg
    512 x 610 - 138K
    edited December 1969

...I must say of all the pics of her so far, her skin looks the best in this one even with all the render "fireflies". Are you using Reality or Luxus?

edited December 1969

It is the free luxus plugin that I found for Daz Studio 3. I can't find the website.

I'll let Luxrender run while I am eating dinner tonight. Maybe I'll let it run tomorrow when I am running some errands. Luxrender hogs too much CPU power when it is running so I need to run it when I am not using the computer.

lux_window.jpg
    508 x 641 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Ha you mean tufan's free plug in

edited November 2013

I let Luxrender run for two more hours but the fireflies are still in the scene. I am going to delete one of the distant lights to see what happens.

Edit: oh yeah, I can also try another sampler. I did add another 1 GB of memory to my computer. I'm used to using the bucket path renderer.

Laura_Lux_2.jpg
    512 x 518 - 126K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

You need to adjust materials which is why I like Reality makes it simple

edited December 1969

I should change the material type from glossy to matte. I'm going to lower the strength to see what happens.

Bye

Laura_Lux_3.jpg
    499 x 600 - 94K
    edited December 1969

Just lower the glosiness

edited December 1969

Ack, too late. I already started the render. :) Ok. I'll change the glossiness tomorrow.

Laura_4.jpg
    512 x 610 - 139K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I'll play with EHSS later. I can always use Victoria 3's skin on Laura.

Her default skin does look better in Poser. Here is my old render of Laura in Poser 9: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/472290/ You will need to scroll down to see the second image. Thanks for posting the link. I thought it was in my bookmark folder but I didn't see it.

No worries, I thought I'd printed it out, but I can't find it either. I'm glad that someone made a texture with presets for the SSS shader as I couldn't make head or tail of that when I looked in the surfaces tab. Even with the EHSS I used to use Male M3dia's presets as a jumping off point.

I'm hoping that somebody makes some light sets with presets for the AAL in the same way that Lantios did for the UE.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Laura in Luxrender with default skin and no EHSS. I let Luxrender run for about 25 minutes before I stopped Luxrender.

Nice,

She needs to dust though!

CHEERS!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited December 1969

FW Dan is really a nice character pack. Below is the DS 4.6 Pro render of him dressed up in Steam Cowboy clothes
    http://www.daz3d.com/steam-cowboy
    Also used Lantios Fashion Lights
    http://www.daz3d.com/fashion-lights
    with UE replaced by AAL.
    Rendering Time: 5 minutes 35 seconds

Dan05pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Wow,

That is really nice. Was it just a standard AAL you put in? I can see that I'll have to watch what I spend on Wed as I fear I may end up spending a fortune on M6!

CHEERS!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited November 2013

Thanks. The AAL was set up to primitive hit mode for the hair and its position moved slightly up and forward towards the camera.
    Also to Lantios Fashion Lights preset 06 I have added rim and fill lights from the set and has changed their shadows
    to raytraced (it was originally set to depth shadow map).

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

yes, white dust is on the floor. The floor reflects her feet. I'll play around with the lights and camera some more. I still need to render Laura with the new EHSS settings.

Ok, I need to go now. Bye

This discussion has been closed.