Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Very nicely done. Great skin texture.

Thanks,

MaleM3dia really turns out some cracking stuff, I hope he has some stuff lined up for M6.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I like 3Delight too. Here is Julie illuminated by the light set from Andrea. I forgot to increase the shadow samples from 2 to 8. I was wondering why the render only took five minutes to render.

I still have issues with pokethrough and velvet shaders. I'm going to play around the the clothes and shaders some more. I used the default floral bikini texture because the velvet shaders showed too much skin.

Looks good,

Probably will even better when you increase the shadow samples. Don't worry, we're all learning.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

More fun with Lantios and the AAL,

There's M5 with the M4 Rob Elite texture and the devilish fellow is M5 with Phoenix 1966's Shaw texture.

CHEERS!

Lucifer_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 316K
    Rob_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 153K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:
    More fun with Lantios and the AAL,

There's M5 with the M4 Rob Elite texture and the devilish fellow is M5 with Phoenix 1966's Shaw texture.

CHEERS!

that looks great too. (btw i'm probably gonna feel stupid for asking but what is AAL anyway lol)

ah never mind i think. is it the Advanced Ambient Light form Aoa ? (i figured if it was something really cool it must be by age of armour so i had to go check and thats what i found that would fit)

Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited December 1969

Thanks,

AAL= Advanced Ambient Light - by Age of Armour

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Thanks,

AAL= Advanced Ambient Light - by Age of Armour

CHEERS!

thanks , just finished editing my post that i found it too lol.

well i was going to get a game that just came out on steam but i think i may pick these up intsead.

edited December 1969

Yeah, they're worth it, a good read of the manual and you can really cut down your render times.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

just picked up the bundle with the AAL and spot lights lol.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...a granite bikini?

Letsee I have DZFire's Real Metals as well as the Fabricator Mach Pack which has chain mail textures.

That reminds me, I need to map DZFire's shaders in Studio 4's content dialog box. I also should buy some shaders for $1.50 (per shader) before the sale ends.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

A holiday pinup. Rendered in Carrara. My own string of lights. The cord is rigged and the light sockets and bulb lights are replicated along the surface with a surface replicator.

If you have Carrara, and you want the lights, they're here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73481/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-rigged-Holiday-Light-String

X-Mas_2013_Pinup02.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 939K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

...nice scene and thank you.

edited December 1969

just picked up the bundle with the AAL and spot lights lol.

Good one,

You should be able to do some great stuff with them.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

A holiday pinup. Rendered in Carrara. My own string of lights. The cord is rigged and the light sockets and bulb lights are replicated along the surface with a surface replicator.

If you have Carrara, and you want the lights, they're here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73481/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-rigged-Holiday-Light-String

Very nice,

Love the illumination.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I gave Lana a whirl,

I'm not happy with her eyes and will move onto G2F/V6 as I know I can better results with her eyes.

CHEERS!

Lana_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 229K
    edited December 1969

I decided to try out G2 and loaded Gia,

I did nothing to her skin and gave her some hair (Pure Hair Punk) and the Genesis Bikini.

To anyone still gamely clinging to V4 I ask this, does she look this good when you first load her!?

CHEERS!

Gia_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 201K
    edited December 2013

Here's an odd thing,

I made that scene with Gia wearing the Genesis Bikini, it all loaded fine and I rendered and saved the scene. Then, when I came to load it again, a message came up at the bottom of the screen to say it was applying a smoothing mesh and then the viewport went black. It only returned to normal when I turned mesh smoothing off on the bikini. Has anyone else had this happen!?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I can't help you with Gia. The screen never turned black when I loaded clothes.

Here is what Victoria 4 looks like when I first load her:

Victoria_4.jpg
    512 x 610 - 112K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited December 1969

Great images everyone and I like that Rogerbee is posting his renders again. Cheers.

edited December 1969

Trying to render models bought at Daz3D in some other program, so I took Stickman http://www.daz3d.com/stickman
    for the tour to Strata3D and rendered him there. I like how its materials converted via FBX export from Daz Studio.
    Rendering time: 9 minutes 6 seconds.

Stickman03pic04at9m6s.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 336K
  • Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

hmm, it seems DAZ stop mailing me with this thread subscribes, hate it when that happens. I just purchased V6 recently and haven't even try to render her once, I'll post it here when that happen ^^.

edited December 1969

Sorry, I can't help you with Gia. The screen never turned black when I loaded clothes.

Here is what Victoria 4 looks like when I first load her:

She's not wearing those clothes when she first loads! LOL!

It was more the mesh smoothing on the Genesis Bikini that was causing problems.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Great images everyone and I like that Rogerbee is posting his renders again. Cheers.

Thanks,

It takes less time and work to do a render than it does to paint King Kong, so I decided to do both for a bit. The lure of all those goodies was too much!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Trying to render models bought at Daz3D in some other program, so I took Stickman http://www.daz3d.com/stickman
    for the tour to Strata3D and rendered him there. I like how its materials converted via FBX export from Daz Studio.
    Rendering time: 9 minutes 6 seconds.

Cool render,

And it's most welcome here too!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    hmm, it seems DAZ stop mailing me with this thread subscribes, hate it when that happens. I just purchased V6 recently and haven't even try to render her once, I'll post it here when that happen ^^.

Yeah, the notification fairies do have a tendency to go AWOL from time to time, particularly now when folk keep sticking them on top of Christmas trees!

Anyway, I decided to see if Re-interject would work on Gia, and it did, you have to switch the UV back to hers after you load the skin preset, but it works after that, and I love the eye presets. It does make the skin darker, so I ramped up the intensity on the AAL to compensate.

Can't wait till the G2M/M6 version comes out

CHEERS!

Gia_AAL_R_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 192K
    edited December 1969

Your render of Gia looks very nice, Rogerbee.

edited December 1969

More experiments in Strata3D. This time Dan M6 with skin from Creature Creator.

Dan06pic20at3m25s.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 156K
    edited December 1969

Pickup Dred http://www.daz3d.com/pickup-dred and Droid http://www.daz3d.com/droid
    rendered in Strata3D. Rendering time: 4 minutes 8 seconds

PickupDred01pic11at4m8s.jpg
    1100 x 900 - 248K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 2013

...nice. Just checked and was expecting to see 3DS/C4D like pricetag but am surprised at the price for the single licence. Actually less than Carrara 8.5 Pro (full list).

How are the modelling tools?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Your render of Gia looks very nice, Rogerbee.

Thanks,

The interesting thing about Gia, although she shares morphs with G2F, she loads in the scene as Gia and has her own UV. V6 and Josie load as G2F.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Pickup Dred http://www.daz3d.com/pickup-dred and Droid http://www.daz3d.com/droid
    rendered in Strata3D. Rendering time: 4 minutes 8 seconds

Mmm, Strata does sound like a cool tool, bit pricey for me to look into right now, but one to bear in mind in the future.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.