Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I haven't bought much lately either. In the past few weeks, I bought some clothes from the Platinum club store and Luxus for $9, but that is all I bought.

Bobvan, thanks for the tip about the mesh light. I will go read about mesh lights now.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 2013

Been lux rendering for almost 2 years and love it I still use 3DL from time to time too. But as far astaking long I used to think the same way my D/A had close to 4000 renders 75% of them are Lux few new ones...

3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 558K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 646K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 659K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I haven't bought much lately either. In the past few weeks, I bought some clothes from the Platinum club store and Luxus for $9, but that is all I bought.

Bobvan, thanks for the tip about the mesh light. I will go read about mesh lights now.

I'll get G2 HD next week and then I'll probably have to concentrate on Christmas shopping, humbug!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Been lux rendering for almost 2 years and love it I still use 3DL from time to time too. But as far astaking long I used to think the same way my D/A had close to 4000 renders 75% of them are Lux few new ones...

It wouldn't do for you to change your signature stye after so many renders.

Keep 'em coming

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

LOL its easy

edited December 2013

Mo

3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 2013

Somebody's hungry!

I managed to knock one out myself, I took out the UE light of an existing scene and replaced it with the AAL. I adjusted the intensity and I was ready to rock and roll!

I love the AAL!!

CHEERS!

Axel_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 191K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Looks cool

edited December 1969

I know, the detail is amazing.

I'm back in the game!

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Somebody's hungry!

I managed to knock one out myself, I took out the UE light of an existing scene and replaced it with the AAL. I adjusted the intensity and I was ready to rock and roll!

I love the AAL!!

CHEERS!

..as I mentioned in another thread, I rarely use UE anymore since I have the AALs/ASLs.
    edited December 2013

Nice portrait Rogerbee. I should try rendering portraits using Lux Render or the advanced spotlights.

Kyoto Kid, I think it was you who suggested that I buy a video card with 256 bit memory. I found some for about $180. That is a good deal; most of the other video cards that I found cost $250 or more. The AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB is only $150. Or I can just buy an Nvidia Titan with 6 GB VRAM for $999. Just kidding.

edit: I just remembered that Radeons don't have OpenCL. Hmm. I might buy an Nvidia Geforce 650, 660 or 670 instead.

edit 2: or am I confusing OpenCL with CUDA cores. OpenCL is the programming environment that ATI and Nvidia cards support, CUDA is Nvida's programming platform. http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

It's been awhile since I posted to one of these threads.

The first one is a Marilyn Monroe inspired pinup picture.

The next one is a Planet Terror inspired picture.

Both rendered in Carrara 7.2 Pro using the standard renderer. No GI.

Planet_Terror02.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    MM_pinup02.jpg
    2000 x 850 - 481K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Somebody's hungry!

I love the AAL!!

CHEERS!

that looks pretty nice

edited December 1969

It's been awhile since I posted to one of these threads.

The first one is a Marilyn Monroe inspired pinup picture.

The next one is a Planet Terror inspired picture.

Both rendered in Carrara 7.2 Pro using the standard renderer. No GI.

Great renders,

Carrara looks to be a great tool, I had a couple of freebie versions of 5 but moved onto DS and the rest is history.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the compliments guys,

It feels good to be contributing again, though it may still be on a semi regular basis. I might try that scene again with the AAL at 100%.

CHEERS!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 1969

Beautiful stuff Rogerbee, I am starting to use DAZ Studio to get renders as realistic as possible myself, as LuxRender is just too painfully slow for me. It's just time consuming the process of getting them just right. I used to do a lot of photo-realistic stuff exclusively with LuxRender. Like this one (don't know if I posted this on the forum before, so forgive me).

Male_Gargoyle_-_Tail.jpg
    900 x 900 - 54K
    edited December 2013

Thanks,

That's a pretty cool render. The HD textures look to be a step in the right direction (I don't have them yet though) and there are shaders and the AAL and AS which could give good results. Hellboy posted an amazing render in his gallery which was done with 3Delight, though he hasn't fully shared his recipe.

I'm hoping that Daz continue to push for realism within their own software and don't assume we'll just use Lux or Octane, we shall see....

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 2013

I dont mind the Lux times as I said using lights like cloud 9 in 3DL can also be as long mind you I can now get stuff like Latinos lights 2 to render in less then 10 minutes. Anyhoo mo lux stuff

4.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 534K
    3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 546K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 607K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 563K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

NIce,

For now I'll just load Lantios and replace the UE with the AAL.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I think part of it is my workflow I just don't know how to work with 3DL as much anymore...

edited December 1969

3Delight was where I started and I intend to master it now.

Axel with the AAL at 100% intensity looks just right. The rest of the lights are a day preset from Lantios.

CHEERS!

Axel_AAL_02.jpg
    576 x 745 - 201K
    edited December 1969

I like the soft shadows under his chin and nose.

edited December 1969

Thanks,

It's very natural lighting.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

3Delight was where I started and I intend to master it now.

Axel with the AAL at 100% intensity looks just right. The rest of the lights are a day preset from Lantios.

CHEERS!

Very nicely done. Great skin texture.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Beautiful stuff Rogerbee, I am starting to use DAZ Studio to get renders as realistic as possible myself, as LuxRender is just too painfully slow for me. It's just time consuming the process of getting them just right. I used to do a lot of photo-realistic stuff exclusively with LuxRender. Like this one (don't know if I posted this on the forum before, so forgive me).

That's pretty creepy looking.

edited December 2013

I like 3Delight too. Here is Julie illuminated by the light set from Andrea. I forgot to increase the shadow samples from 2 to 8. I was wondering why the render only took five minutes to render.

I still have issues with pokethrough and velvet shaders. I'm going to play around the the clothes and shaders some more. I used the default floral bikini texture because the velvet shaders showed too much skin.

Bikini_01.jpg
    442 x 576 - 84K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 2013

I still have issues with pokethrough and velvet shaders. I'm going to play around the the clothes and shaders some more. I used the default floral bikini texture because the velvet shaders showed too much skin.

You can use mesh smoothing on that and your poke through will go away. I bet you will not even have to mess with the smoothing settings after applying it to the clothes.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I tried using poke-away, but I do not see an option for the chest and boobs.

Here are the shaders that I am attempting to apply to the clothes:
    1 Velvety print shaders
    2 Luxury Fabric Shaders

The granite shader works fine. Hmm.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    I dont mind the Lux times as I said using lights like cloud 9 in 3DL can also be as long mind you I can now get stuff like Latinos lights 2 to render in less then 10 minutes. Anyhoo mo lux stuff

...I've gone to replacing the UE component in Cloud9 with an AAL and it works just fine.

Same with Skies of Economy.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I tried using poke-away, but I do not see an option for the chest and boobs.

Here are the shaders that I am attempting to apply to the clothes:
    1 Velvety print shaders
    2 Luxury Fabric Shaders

The granite shader works fine. Hmm.

...a granite bikini?

Letsee I have DZFire's Real Metals as well as the Fabricator Mach Pack which has chain mail textures.

This discussion has been closed.