Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Thanks. The AAL was set up to primitive hit mode for the hair and its position moved slightly up and forward towards the camera.
    Also to Lantios Fashion Lights preset 06 I have added rim and fill lights from the set and has changed their shadows
    to raytraced (it was originally set to depth shadow map).

Thanks,

There are things I definitely need to look into, perhaps M6 will give me an excuse to.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

yes, white dust is on the floor. The floor reflects her feet. I'll play around with the lights and camera some more. I still need to render Laura with the new EHSS settings.

Ok, I need to go now. Bye

No worries,

I haven't really used Lux myself either.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited November 2013

Here is FW Danika for Genesis 2 with Reinterject subsurface shader. Out of habit I used my ugly distant light setup. Ick. I'll do a comparison of Danika's skin textures and my other textures for Genesis 2.

edit: i should add a spotlight or pointlight to light her face because her face is in the shadows.

Danika_skin.jpg
    442 x 576 - 159K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2013

Mo stuff

5.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 332K
    4.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 445K
    3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 441K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 457K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 380K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Here is FW Danika for Genesis 2 with Reinterject subsurface shader. Out of habit I used my ugly distant light setup. Ick. I'll do a comparison of Danika's skin textures and my other textures for Genesis 2.

edit: i should add a spotlight or pointlight to light her face because her face is in the shadows.

Nice skin,

There looks to be a slight touch of Madonna bra going on too, something up with the subdivision!? Neither of those were up when I was looking this morning. That Reinterject pack looks interesting too, one to look into.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I discovered that I didn't apply the shader base to the character. Opps. No wonder her skin texture looked about the same before I applied Reinterject. I think Danika's nipples are on. haha. The top clings to her chest. I should look at the adjustment morphs for the top.

edited December 1969

With the advance spotlight, I can create dark scenes that are similar to Bobvan's scenes. Genesis kid with Lana texture. Yes, she has lipstick and nail polish. You can see some details even though the scene is dark.

Genesis_kid_1.jpg
    442 x 576 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Now that skin does look good is that with the AoA Susburface shader!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I agree the head just looks a bit big unless that's what you were going for.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Aha, here we are, my first HD M6 & V6 render.

AoA's advanced lights used.
    Both skins set to 50% subsurface, but I also positioned a specular light with camera - copy/pasted camera position to advanced spot set to specular-only and 69% illumination strength, but flagged all eye surfaces to not be illuminated by it (or all that specularity would've turned the eyes grey)...

Together_crop.jpg
    1800 x 1058 - 492K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that Jabba,

Nice to have you here.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

FW Danika has her default skin. I did not apply reinjection properly. I'll upload a new render soon.

Genesis kid has Lana skin with no subsurface shading that I noticed. I should try Omnifreaker's free EHSS to see what her skill will look like. At least the kid's face isn't in the shadows. Genesis kid is supposed to have a big head. I guess I could resize her head.

edited December 1969

Very cool Jab

edited December 1969

almost the exact same scene. I checked the surface settings for Genesis and discovered that it uses sub surface shading. Her hair is too dark. I'll play with the advanced spotlight after dinner.

Lana_kid_2.jpg
    442 x 576 - 84K
    edited November 2013

yes, I am still at home. I thought I would be at the relative's apartment by now for Thanksgiving dinner. My folks are running late.

About the last render: I know what happened, I flagged the hair properly but the lighting mode was set to "Don't illuminate."

Lana_kid_3.jpg
    442 x 576 - 86K
    edited November 2013

yes, I am still at home. I thought I would be at the relative's apartment by now for Thanksgiving dinner. My folks are running late.

About the last render: I know what happened, I flagged the hair properly but the lighting mode was set to "Don't illuminate."

The last one is definitely better.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

now all I need to do is learn how to cast soft shadows with advanced spotlight. Later, I can compare advance spotlight, Andrea's IBL set and the Yosemite light set.

edited December 1969

That's probably in the manual, though I haven't studied that much myself!

CHEERS!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

The main thing to remember with the Advanced Lights is that the shadow softness goes from 0 to 1000% so the numbers have to be a lot higher than standard lights. With significant softness, you'll also need to increase the shadow samples to avoid unwanted noise.

Try softness of 700% with shadow samples at 64, should be an interesting starting point ;)

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I was bored so did something simple. (A slightly different version than what i posted in either galley)

Resistance-alt-jpg.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 730K
    edited December 1969

Nice,

I need to get bored more often, or be bored in front of my computer when it's switched on!

CHEERS!

• valis_cf78772845valis_cf78772845 Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

That's fantastic Dire Bunny! I can just hear the catchy James Bond style theme music, playing in the background, with that image.

Excellent!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

thanks, Rogerbee and Valis44

and waves/ hey Valis, been a while good to see you.

edited December 2013

Luxus for Carrara and Daz Studio 4 are on sale. I will buy Luxus today so that I can spend hours instead of minutes rendering Genesis kid. lol Maybe rendering in Luxus will help me avoid memory issues with 32 bit Windows and 3Delight. I know, I will still be bound by the 2 GB memory limit, but at least Studio won't be running in the same memory space/process as Luxus. There is only one way to find out. :)

edited to fix sentence fragment

edited December 1969

Good luck!

CHEERS!

• valis_cf78772845valis_cf78772845 Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

thanks, Rogerbee and Valis44

and waves/ hey Valis, been a while good to see you.

It's good to see you to Dire Bunny! ^_^

I'm getting back into Daz, I miss rendering so much....but man I'm overwhelmed with all the new stuff. O_O

edited December 2013

Koyoto likes rendering kids I do too once in a while...

5.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 536K
    4.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 644K
    3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 616K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 630K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 578K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

The blue outfit is really bright; it contrasts against the girl's hand.

edited December 1969

Must be your monitor I don't see any discoloration

edited December 1969

Hmm. Must be some weird optical illusion. The background does look a tad brighter than background in this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/490909/

I'm having issues some with Luxus. I think the plugin generates trancated Lux files for some reason. I'll try creating a simple scene with one copy of Genesis against a simple background. I did render Genesis using Luxus successfully today: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/494019/

I'll try again. If I continue to have issues I will post a message in the official Luxus thread.

This discussion has been closed.