Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Had to try out Josie with Re-interject and she came out rather well. She reminds me a lot of a young Christina Ricci.

CHEERS!

Josie_AAL_R_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 270K
    edited December 1969

LOL, just noticed my avatar has changed, I did that a couple of days ago and thought it had gone wrong as it didn't change straight away. I wonder why it's taken till now to register the change!?

CHEERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Been honing my skills with Luxus lately, but I've got a ways to go when it comes to skin materials. This is a cropped version of a much larger image viewable on my Deviantart account, but it gives you a good idea of how the materials are starting to come together. I'll be doing a few more Luxrenders as soon as I can get some fresh inspiration.

Comments on the image and ideas for new ones welcomed, as always.

Bathtime_mini.jpg
    830 x 452 - 274K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, great render,

I just don't think my laptop could take running for that long with everything at full chat.

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Had to try out Josie with Re-interject and she came out rather well. She reminds me a lot of a young Christina Ricci.

CHEERS!

looks great, love that hair too. the pic is so different when you see the bigger version compared to the compressed version.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Did this one the other day. This is the really small version. the bigger version is on my deviantart page, and i might try and stick it in my gallery here too. but even the bigger version is small compared to the original lol.

Desert-rain--jpg-.jpg
    768 x 960 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

looks great, love that hair too. the pic is so different when you see the bigger version compared to the compressed version.

Thanks,

Back in the Photobucket days, the compressed version was all you got. I'm so glad my renders can now be seen in their full glory. I dial the diffuse on the hair to 99%, then I can tell the AAL to flag it and use primitive hitmode which really cuts the render time down.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Did this one the other day. This is the really small version. the bigger version is on my deviantart page, and i might try and stick it in my gallery here too. but even the bigger version is small compared to the original lol.

Definitely a "Bring it on!!" moment.

CHEERS!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited December 1969

Your Josie render looks very nice, Rogerbee.

edited December 2013

Thanks for the comments, Kyoto Kid and Rogerbee.
    I got my first Strata3D free with some computer magazine long time ago.
    It was around version 3, I think. It was pretty limited version and I have not used it much,
    but the rendering engine was interesting.
    Of course, to start used it, one had to register this free version with them and I am on their mailing list since then.
    During the years I have received some ocassionally sent e-mails from them and even answered some survey
    about usage of the program. Because there was possibility to leave the comment, I have complained
    about such a high price of their software especially for the hobby 3D market. When the 5th version came out,
    I got an offer from them to upgrade my limited, free version to the full version at the reduced price
    (as I remember it was 20% of the full price).
    The rest is the history, over the years I have gradually upgraded my version and now I am using Strata 3D CX 7.5.
    From time to time, they have some good deals and I am doing upgrades during such times.
    During last Black Friday to Cyber Monday time they had offered 50% reduction off the normal price.
    I have not explored much modelling tools, yet, but recently Strata3D got better UV tools and
    I will try to use them at some point.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

I adore all of your images, Dire Bunny.
    I wish I had some skills about such postworking and composition like you do.

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Thanks for the comments, Kyoto Kid and Rogerbee.
    I got my first Strata3D free with some computer magazine long time ago.
    It was around version 3, I think. It was pretty limited version and I have not used it much,
    but the rendering engine was interesting.
    Of course, to start used it, one had to register this free version with them and I am on their mailing list since then.
    During the years I have received some ocassionally sent e-mails from them and even answered some survey
    about usage of the program. Because there was possibility to leave the comment, I have complained
    about such a high price of their software especially for the hobby 3D market. When the 5th version came out,
    I got an offer from them to upgrade my limited, free version to the full version at the reduced price
    (as I remember it was 20% of the full price).
    The rest is the history, over the years I have gradually upgraded my version and now I am using Strata 3D CX 7.5.
    From time to time, they have some good deals and I am doing upgrades during such times.
    During last Black Friday to Cyber Monday time they had offered 50% reduction off the normal price.
    I have not explored much modelling tools, yet, but recently Strata3D got better UV tools and
    I will try to use them at some point.

That's cool,

Brings the Stones to mind:

You can't always get what you want, but, if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

CHEERS!

PS (Pity they don't do that with 3DS or ZBrush)

edited December 2013

Artini said:
    Your Josie render looks very nice, Rogerbee.

Thanks,

It was using Re-interject with V6 that made me realise what was wrong with Gia. When you first load the skin preset, it dials the diffuse right down. I used another preset to bring it up again and both V6 and Gia look much better. I then had to dial down the intensity of the AAL.

CHEERS!

PS (Dimension Theory has also made a second version of Project EyeRis with materials for G2F which take advantage of the eye surface. This will probably be my go to source for eyes. I don't know however if G2F and G2M share eye UV's in the same way as Gen 4 did.)

V6_AAL_R_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 227K
    Gia_AAL_R_02.jpg
    576 x 745 - 207K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

What kind of lighting are you using? Did you change the color of her skin tones or the lights? Her skin looks darker than the skin in the promotional renders. Just wondering. Oh wait, I should try using re-interject on Josie 6 myself.

edit: nevermind. I missed your last post above. :red: Still, I should use re-interject on Josie 6 to see what happens.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

The lights are Day 07 preset from the Lantios Portrait Lights but with the UE replaced with the AAL. Depending on how the diffuse on the skin looks I might dial down the intensity of the AAL.

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 2013

Roger that does look like Christina I too had problems with long renderings with the notebook hence why I built the 32G tower with extra cooling had it since May since runs cool

5.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 723K
    4.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 584K
    3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 475K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 994K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to build my own computer so that I can create scenes with giants and fairies with Genesis. Thanks for posting Bobvan. I noticed the speech bubbles.

edited December 2013

I can't wait to build my own computer so that I can create scenes with giants and fairies with Genesis. Thanks for posting Bobvan. I noticed the speech bubbles.

That's because they are part of long winded TV show style episode on an old show Land of the giants but with a more adult twist as if it was a prime tome show made nowadays. I made tone with notebooks problem is they dont run cool enough and got tired of always needing to have them serviced.

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Had I the money, and indeed the room, I'd definitely build a tower of my own too. The parts would have to be from names I trusted though, no half measures. It'd all have to be reasonably nice spec. I'd obviously have to have a good graphics card, though as I'd primarily use DS it wouldn't have to be a range topper.

Still, I'd more think about that if I knew I could afford to do it

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

More fun with Gia now,

I wanted to dial something different. Initially, when I tried to dial her head, nothing would happen. Then I noticed there was this little chain symbol above the morph slider, I clicked this and then I was able to dial back Gia's head and put in another, a freebie character called Cassie, I think she came from Renderosity. She's wearing a dress which I also think I got from them.

If anything, I think she looks even more Italian than Gia did

CHEERS!

Gia_Cass_AAL_R_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 204K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Cool yeah the card alone was $440.00 at the time all good components I never thought I wold spend over 2 grand on a system again but considering M$ surface pro 2 is a grand and you cant do anything for rendering its really not that bad. To have everything run smoothly well worth it. I am going to star a new story soon perhaps I will revisit 3DL all depends what I can get out of it..

edited December 2013

Rogerbee, I need your advice. Is Josie's skin supposed to look like this when I apply reinterject for Genesis 2 females? I applied Josie 6's default texture, then I applied reinterject while ignoring the existing skin and shaders.

I am using my light setup: Two distant lights that don't cast shadows. Anyone else have any ideas?? Thanks.

edit: I am using 3Delight, not Luxrender.

Josie_reinterject.jpg
    503 x 576 - 96K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Roger that does look like Christina I too had problems with long renderings with the notebook hence why I built the 32G tower with extra cooling had it since May since runs cool

...If I could scrape up the funds I'd upgrade to Win7Pro and get 24G of memory. My system runs pretty cool but on several occasions, the render file topped out at 10G.
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Wow! a lot has been posted and no notifications. Is it related to the traffic in The Commons? I've been getting all of my Carrara Discussion notifications.

Speaking of Carrara, I don't mean to spam, but I'm hosting a Carrara render challenge. The theme is movie night. Voting has begun, and there are a bit less than 2.5 days to go before voting is closed. Anybody can vote. There's no need to use Carrara, or even an interest in Carrara to vote. It's about the artwork- and there is some nice stuff. If you get a chance, check it out and feel free to vote for your favorites.

In the meantime, here's one that I did a while ago as a joke advertisement for Carrara 8. I had originally posted it on the old forums, where you had the ability to tag for nudity. I've modified this version and re-rendered with no bare breasts. >:(

Love-and-Happiness-clean-po.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 875K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

...I looked at it, but haven't yet cracked Carrara's vertex modelling to be able to submit an entry.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

A DAZ Studio render - thought I'd try the new Yamaki Rapture with alternate shaders

Biker Chic...

Biker_Chic.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Good reason to retry 3dl at some point

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Some said that V6/M6 HD Add On won't increase render time, but it is for me. It was rendered for 25 minutes, with no HD add on, just 12 minutes

V6_HD_1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    Some said that V6/M6 HD Add On won't increase render time, but it is for me. It was rendered for 25 minutes, with no HD add on, just 12 minutes

It would be interesting to see the render with out the HD add on to compare and see if there is truly a noticeable difference, or if it's a bunch of hype.

edited December 1969

I forgot to add, very nice render!

This discussion has been closed.