Carrara Challenge #47: Structured/Unstructured...or "Unstructured Structure"

167891012»

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    ed3D said:

Thanks DeserttDude.  You are doing a great job.  Very interesting and varied entries. yes

+ Yeah, very good then _Thanks +   and _the Towers  Screenshots

Cool ed3D, hope you can make an entry, still time left. smiley

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited July 2019

Thanx ,      yeah,  me too

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited July 2019

Here is my new WIP...plus a 'contact sheet' of render passes that I will abuse for the final .

Beauty_001.jpg
    1100 x 1280 - 124K
    render_passes.jpg
    576 x 910 - 50K
    Post edited by DesertDude on

+ and how Make link to WIPs comment  from Entry  page  ?? + thanx

edited July 2019

Hi ed3D, give me a second,  I  have to go back through the steps myself...ha ha

Ok, you want to "right click" on the time stamp under your avatar (see attached image), then copy and paste that into your message here.

I'm using a previous post of yours as an example. smiley 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4724421/#Comment_4724421

Hope that helps...and works! blush

forum_uploead_image.jpg
    426 x 191 - 16K

Full explanations of my current WIP are coming tomorrow...I have to go to sleep now...

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited July 2019

Destructive morphs. Native render, postwork in Akvis. Background is original watercolor painting.

Cyan_frax.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
    2019-07-08_0801.png
    1090 x 833 - 497K
    Doc--3.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited July 2019

Hi ed3D, give me a second,  I  have to go back through the steps myself...ha ha

_alright then,  Thanx_

Post edited by ed3D on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Vyusur said:

Destructive morphs. Native render, postwork in Akvis. Background is original watercolor painting.

For me this is aesthetically pleasing - kind of a sketch-watercolor.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Vyusur, that is a neat technique.

Hope that helps...and works! blush

And yes it did ++ Thanks _

Vyusur said:

Very cool looking Vyusur. I like the idea of combining traditional painting with 3D. 

edited July 2019

Here is the final image. Don't know if I made it worse or better but used some of the mattes to add a little color to the shadows of the terrain elements. Grass is polygon grass recycled from a previous challenge. Also used the Displacement tools in the Vertex Modeler to roughen up the body and arms of the mouth thing.

composite_004.jpg
    1100 x 1280 - 444K

The Entry Thread is now closed.
    Voting thread open.

Thanks to all the artists - the work looks fantastic and thanks for sharing your techniques with us all.

Vyusur said:

For me this is aesthetically pleasing - kind of a sketch-watercolor.

Thank you very much! That's just the effect that I wanted to achieve.

Vyusur, that is a neat technique.

Thank you so much for your nice comment.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited July 2019

Apologize for not getting my various WIPs finished, but the entries look spectacular.  Great job, everyone.  Checking in from the road.

Here is a little piece of the desert Southwest, which I saw from the train window.  Not sure how far this is from DesertDude's home, but I thought the sunset was pretty nice.  Worth missing the deadlines.  Now, I'm in Los Angeles for the next few days, but will get my votes in.  Good luck, everyone.

EDIT - pic is in Arizona

arizona sunset 001.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on

That's a very nice picture taken from the train Diomede - love the colors and that cloud. Don't think it's anywhere near where Iive, but if you were on the Sunset Limited you should have stopped in downtown Tucson. I live like 10 blocks from the station.  smiley

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

I posted an invite to vote over in the Bryce forum, hopefully we will get a few more voters coming in !

Diomede - safe and happy travels !!!

Thanks Bunyip02!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Apologize for not getting my various WIPs finished, but the entries look spectacular.  Great job, everyone.  Checking in from the road.

Here is a little piece of the desert Southwest, which I saw from the train window.  Not sure how far this is from DesertDude's home, but I thought the sunset was pretty nice.  Worth missing the deadlines.  Now, I'm in Los Angeles for the next few days, but will get my votes in.  Good luck, everyone.

EDIT - pic is in Arizona

that would of been an awesome train trip through the desert @Diomede_Carrara .. we've just arrived back from our 1,800km car road round trip which is a stark contrast to your desert... we had this scenery for much of the journey, lots of bush with plenty of stinky pit stops along the way. surprise

I took this photo with my phone just because I thought I could use it in Carrara when I got back home... I'll stick something in it laugh

PitStops.jpg
    1000 x 472 - 331K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    FENgari said:

Wire mesh II...

https://www.reddit.com/r/gonwild/comments/8q2emh/twisting_hexually/

cannot embed the video sadly but interesting 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I can the YouTube video the Facebook gif was lifted from