Renderosity owns Poser?

123457»

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    The new dev log says that an update 11.2 version will be released in mid Sept. -License and installer change. -Marketplace search.
  • hjakehjake Posts: 812

I just got an email to register as an early adopter with my existing poser 11 licence. I will be allowed to download 11.2 on sep 4. The general release of poser 11.2 is supposed to happen sep 16th.

• I am an esrly adopter too, but I guess I won‘t get a note, because I got myself kicked out from rendo. Now that they own Poser, I wonder, what will become of my Poser support.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited September 2019

Beware that Poser 14 Game Dev, Poser 11 Standard and Poser 11 Pro will stop working without the 11.2 update, due to Smith Micro stopping its licensing service for Poser. The final release will be tomorrow, Sept 19th.

The update for these three versions of Poser is confirmed to be free of charge.

(Older versions of Poser are not affected and will keep on runnng without any updates.)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • I am an esrly adopter too, but I guess I won‘t get a note, because I got myself kicked out from rendo. Now that they own Poser, I wonder, what will become of my Poser support.

I would think they would still be obligated to provide you with it even if only that not anything else, you should email them

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

I am an esrly adopter too, but I guess I won‘t get a note, because I got myself kicked out from rendo. Now that they own Poser, I wonder, what will become of my Poser support.

I would think they would still be obligated to provide you with it even if only that not anything else, you should email them

All you need is a valid serial number...

• I'm impressed by Renderosity's announcement concerning the Poser 11.2 upgrade. I believe Renderosity is really commited to Poser support. But I hadn't used Poser 10 in over a year. I still don't see anything that will convince me to pay for the upgrade to Poser Pro 11. I'll wait a few months.

• Sempie said:

I am an esrly adopter too, but I guess I won‘t get a note, because I got myself kicked out from rendo. Now that they own Poser, I wonder, what will become of my Poser support.

All you need is a valid serial number...

Thank you, everything worked out for me :-)

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

And 11.2 still doesn't support Nvidia 20x0 cards in Superfly...

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

Updated my poser pro 11 to to the 11.2 version today, it went flawless . you just need your serial number for the upgrade. there are some minor improvements to the UI and you can now add custom libraries . I did not get  chance to play with much yet so maybe later on tomorrow.  I always liked Alyson & dusk figures.  But honestly le feme doesn't really do anything for me . what i do like that poser can do that daz can't , is poser can import & use video for back ground in mp4 or avi. man i wish daz could do that.

I started out with poser long before i started using daz. and it was sad to see poser go down hill so hopefully with renderosity taking them over , maybe some new life will be breathed into poser it be so awesome an a wise move if rendo started making poser compatible with daz DUF files without using DOSN, then poser would even be useful again . so many new open possibilities for the future,  i wonder which way they will go? , i guess only time will tell.

• galiengalien Posts: 136

I had no problems either.

One things that some people may not realize is that if you have Poser 11 Standard, after the upgrade you'll have Poser Pro 11.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited September 2019
    rrward said:

I thought 11.2 was only about the licensing system. Are there also new features? 

Post edited by Leana on
  • galiengalien Posts: 136
    Leana said:
    rrward said:

I thought 11.2 was only about the licensing system. Are there also new features? 

It comes with a whole new bunch of modern content.  There's stuff from Hivewire (a horse, a baby and 2 character's), lots of clothes (including a couple by OOT), hairs, environments, light sets and pose packs.

•  I believe Renderosity is really commited to Poser support.

only if you use 11+

want to maintain an earlier version for some reason aaand not so much. as in not at all....they do not have earlier installer files or update files. glad I have them all backed up....

(I have no reason to move off 10. or 9. or 8. or 7... yup that much lack of features I would use (set designer, the only figure I require is for scaling so all the things like render engine improvements? naw. not needed. rigging? I only ever rigged doors etc.. so naw. not needed. and so on).. and same with 11... but hey ho...)

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

I believe Renderosity is really commited to Poser support.

only if you use 11+

want to maintain an earlier version for some reason aaand not so much. as in not at all....they do not have earlier installer files or update files. glad I have them all backed up....

(I have no reason to move off 10. or 9. or 8. or 7... yup that much lack of features I would use (set designer, the only figure I require is for scaling so all the things like render engine improvements? naw. not needed. rigging? I only ever rigged doors etc.. so naw. not needed. and so on).. and same with 11... but hey ho...)

Well, why would they, really? Daz isn't still supporting DS 3. :)

• ask the Mac users... they're looking at only using old versions... 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    3WC said:

I believe Renderosity is really commited to Poser support.

only if you use 11+

Well, why would they, really? Daz isn't still supporting DS 3. :)

I can still download Studio 3.1 Advanced from my DAZ Product Library, as well as Studio 2.3 ...

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

So, what am I missing?  I have Poser Pro 2014 (and Poser Pro 2012) but need to PAY to 'upgrade' to Poser Pro 11?  I am not currently using Poser at all, (DAZ and also trying to learn Blender) but might want to play about with Poser sometime in the future so didn't want to lose my investment when SM shuts off the validation servers. When I go to get the Rendo version of Poser it wants me to pay $99.  Does that sound right, or am I missing something obvious?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

As long as you have PP2014 (NOT the GameDev version), it will work fine.

IF you have PP2014 GameDev, you get the upgrade for free: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2938482

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    Kerya said:

As long as you have PP2014 (NOT the GameDev version), it will work fine.

IF you have PP2014 GameDev, you get the upgrade for free: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2938482

Thanks for the link. I guess I was hoping I might qualify for a free upgrade. Not sure I even want to install it again I sure don't miss a lot of the quirky things and had almost completely forgotten about the epic poke-through drama and searching for the different textures/patterns in various folders far and wide with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes the color variations were in the Poses folders, sometimes eleswhere. I certainly don't miss all of that!  <shrug> Still not sure if I will bother.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I am not going to upgrade, because I really, really do dislike the "you have to let me phone home, or I stop working" feature. And Bondware changed it to phoning home even more often than SmithMicro ... Officially every 28 days, but somebody had it phoning home 9 days after it phoned home. And they deleted the Permanent license option ... Eeeeks!

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,736

I'm done here. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064

I'm done here. 

Me too - if I were to do the upgrade the target system does not and will not have internet access.