Hylas' corner

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,780
    edited September 2021

Gallery links here and here

Impulse purchase! Mynx by Gypsy Angel.

Very cool character. She´s giving me 90s cool girl vibes somehow... Lori Petty, Shirley Manson, etc... Not in likeness but in "vibe" (which probably has more to do with her styling than anything but... whatever!)

Her skin looks dated out of the box but with Anagenessis 2 it looks really good, I think.

Post edited by Hylas on
    edited September 2021

Gallery link here and here

More pin-up's with clearance items!

Gray looks great in the promos but somehow I had a lot of trouble making him look good in my renders, for reasons I can´t quite put my finger on. I was seriously considering returning the entire bundle because I got it specifically for Gray; I don´t like Gianni 7 much and everything else in the bundle I can take or leave. I think I finally got there after messing around with his skin and shape for a while. Funny how that goes sometimes.

Post edited by Hylas on
    edited September 2021

Gallery link

Free head morph!

https://www.deviantart.com/magnus1781/art/Pitt-891403317

I tried some grain for the 1st time... I hope it looks intentional and not just like a bad render? I think it works, but it´s always hard to judge your own work.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Hylas said: She´s giving me 90s cool girl vibes somehow... Lori Petty, Shirley Manson, etc...

Lori Petty! That's who she reminds me of! I've been getting the same 90s "vibe" from her.

I think Gray looks really good in your renders. The first one's my favourite. I'm getting "00s YA drama leading man" vibes from that! 

And yes, the grain looks intentional. It works really well for that picture, for some reason.

WinterMoon said:

I think Gray looks really good in your renders. The first one's my favourite. I'm getting "00s YA drama leading man" vibes from that! 

Thanks! You don't really see hair like that on guys anymore, do you?

Or is it just that my entire social circle is now middle-aged-ish and no one has enough hair left to pull that off? crying

Hylas said: Thanks! You don't really see hair like that on guys anymore, do you?

Or is it just that my entire social circle is now middle-aged-ish and no one has enough hair left to pull that off? crying

Most guys I know are bald. frown

edited September 2021

I´m dipping my toes into 3DL surprise

... obviously not yet where I want it to be, but better than my first attempts at IRAY way back when.

Post edited by Hylas on

Gallery link

I bought Nikolas when he was discounted for his skin, and it does not disappoint! This is out of the box, I only added bodyhair.

His morph... well, he´s kinda plain looking. Intentionally so, I think, reading his description ("Just an average guy...")

But I can´t have average looking guys in my renders because I´m basic like that, so I had to hottify him.

Wow, Nikolas does look great!

WinterMoon said:

Wow, Nikolas does look great!

Thank you!

• He is certainly in the drool section of my mind!!!

Saphirewild said:

He is certainly in the drool section of my mind!!!

Heh :) Glad you like him!

Gallery link

3DL progress...

I'm dealing with some confusing issues around tiling and UV´s, but I´m very much enjoying these new-to-me Visual Style shaders.

Is he in time-out? surprise crying

WinterMoon said:

Is he in time-out? surprise crying

Locked up by the fashion police for wearing distressed jeans surprise

Hylas said:

Locked up by the fashion police for wearing distressed jeans surprise

Is he going to... the chair?! (For a drastic mandatory make-over.)

Gallery link

Tika... because why not laugh

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

*click* Noice

I love the lighting in that render of Tika!

Thanks @vrba79 & @WinterMoon !

Gallery link

... and here she is in 3DL

edited October 2021

Hot DAMN! Is that with VSS?

WOW!

Post edited by vrba79 on

^ Yes, it's VSS

edited October 2021

Not that I'm knowledgable about 3DL, but that looks good! It could be promo art for some kind of game, like Surf Simulator 3031 or something in that vein.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    edited October 2021

Hylas said:

^ Yes, it's VSS

Then I am using it all wrong...

I can never get it to look right on dark skinned characters like that. How'd you pull that off?

Post edited by vrba79 on

vrba79 said:

Hylas said:

^ Yes, it's VSS

Then I am using it all wrong...

I can never get it to look right on dark skinned characters like that. How'd you pull that off?

Well, I´ve only just started using VSS so I´m not exactly an expert...

I do find adjusting the skin colour with VSS tedious because one has to adjust 7 different parameters and they all have to be in harmony with each other.

But one thing that I love about 3DL - and I will be using this for my IRAY renders as well going forward - is that it´s really easy to make masks. Just delete all lights, remove all maps except opacity maps, colour everything either white with 100% ambience or black with 0% ambience, and you get a really crisp mask. So I adjusted the skintone of the character in post with help of a mask until it looked like I wanted it to.

Tika Plus 01Bmask.png
    840 x 1200 - 43K

Yeah, post is how I make my DS Default Toon renders pop. I think it's nigh impossible to get any render to look exactly as you want without some kind of postwork.

Gallery link

Olympia, bikini, sword... why mess with the classics.

Hylas said: Olympia, bikini, sword... why mess with the classics.

But it's meant to be Vicky, you heathen! wink

I see the skeletons and all I can hear are cries of "NYEH!"