What the hell is Gordig doing now?

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,804

Right, Apollo... forgot about him

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,279

I'm going to do a companion card with Hades and Persephone and, if I can pull it off, Cerberus as well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

Private Commodus looks pretty realistic 

I reckon in B&W it could pass as a photo 

edited June 2021

Like this?

Private Commodus BW.png
    2400 x 1350 - 4M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

yes yes

Haven't been Dazzing much lately, but among all my other projects, I made this dumb thing:

On today's episode of Gordig Does Dumb Stuff with X-Particles, here is, to date, my most earnest attempt at animating a character. The animation was done in DS, exported to C4D as FBX, then retextures in Cycles, which I'm still not very good with. There are two different versions, representing different levels of understanding how to do the specific thing I was trying to accomplish, though neither is exactly what I wanted. I'm still learning the ropes, so look forward to more installments. I've got another rendering right now.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited July 2021

Gordig said:

That's freaking amazing! I would say the only real give-away that this isn't a photo is the eyes. 

Gordig said: The Pluto Question

I've always (Well, since someone pointed it out.) thought of Disney people-animals having pet animals as a bit like humans having pet apes. We're both primates, but at different levels of evolution. If a new species of humans evolved from dogs, there would probably still be canines around that didn't follow that evolutionary path. But I'm not a scientist.

I love the render, BTW. Nothing says "suburbia" like using a tractor-sized mower on a stamp-sized lawn!

Post edited by WinterMoon on

Why thank you! I'm pretty shocked by the response to Private Commodus, considering that I threw it together just as a lighting exercise. It's another one of those cases where I toil away on a piece I'm really invested in and it flies completely under the radar, but something I knock out quickly and don't care about gets a big reaction, because I apparently have very unique sensibilities.

More dumb X-Particles stuff. I haven't quite figured out the settings to make the particles more stable, so it's roiling quite a bit. 

Gordig said:

I toil away on a piece I'm really invested in and it flies completely under the radar, but something I knock out quickly and don't care about gets a big reaction

laugh Yeah, it's happened to me, too. My most popular piece of writing is a total joke that I put in minimal effort with. Most upvoted picture I've got in my gallery is a test render of one of the first furry dogs that were released. I think that, at least sometimes, when we don't care too much about the formal quality of our work, we let go of subconscious inhibitions that hold us back.

Another dumb thing I made, partly in response to a couple threads in Technical Help that insisted dForce wasn't stable enough to use in animations, and partly just as a goof. The hair's a bit floaty, but I'm not sure which setting(s) would fix that.

Meet the Rexes

It's probably best not to ask too many questions.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

All I got to say is WOW!!!!!

I am sure not going to ask Mr.T-Rex!!

Unfortunately she's still in love with her rex-husband.

Anyone who saw Oso's new horseman and didn't know this was coming has only themselves to blame.

Taurtaur

crying crying crying

(needs a mane, though)

Gordig said: It's probably best not to ask too many questions.

Good advice. Because with those arms, you know he's not doing any housework!

May the taurtaur live long and prosper!

Great expression on her in particular!

(she needs to see a dentist asap)

Hylas said:

Great expression on her in particular!

(she needs to see a dentist asap)

Thanks. Even with Maxx dialed in all the way, it's tough to give Orc HD an expression that isn't at least a little grumpy.

DNVWASWBIS (or: Drawing Naked Victoria With a Sword While Bored in School)

For Llola Lane's monthly challenge thread. July's theme was "paper", and I had this idea and started working on it before June was even over, but then I fell into a deep, dark pit of depression and did virtually nothing all July, so I rushed this out last night.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692

Great image - He looks just like I feel when staring at the DS viewport most of the time!!!

Heart of Glass

Once I had a love, and it was a gas
    Soon found out, had a heart of glass
    Seemed like the real thing, only to find
    Mucho mistrust, love's far behind

Spa Day

Apparently that hand pose is just what I think a pleasant conversation looks like.

Wolfgang Amadeus Centaur

No, I wasn't frustrated as a teenager that girls weren't impressed by my musical skills, why would you even ask such a question?

It took so long to get that outfit to work with the centaur body, but it was worth it for the stupid pun title.

I also tried harder than I probably should have to make sure his hand posing was accurate for playing the third movement of Rondo Alla Turca.

亀プロテックタ~ (Kame Purotekkutaa)

Season 1 available now on CrunchyRoll!

Might have overdone the postwork a little bit.