What the hell is Gordig doing now?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,230

WinterMoon said:

Gordig said:

I also think Edie is attractive in her own way, so make of that what you will.

Cool video! A lot of those subtracted characters would make great bases for unique designs.

It's possible (though I haven't tested it myself) that having a character dialed out like that would break JCMs, resulting in weird facial distortions when expressions are applied. I agree that some of those were quite usable, especially if you're trying to masculinize a face. Several of the cute characters dialed out look strikingly like Clancy Brown and/or Ron Perlman.

I done played myself!

Made my first tutorial for DS:

New tutorial out now: 

All I can say for this one is "oof". I started putting this together for Llola's thread, and really fell victim to my own Scottishness. The first mistake I made was the lesson that I will apparently never learn, where I try to put a lot into the scene and struggle with getting everything I want into the frame all at once. Then, when I finally had it set up more or less to my satisfaction, I tried rendering it, and it would consistently crash DS. I tried rendering smaller and smaller parts of the scene at once, and it hit that weird bug where it would render up to about 100 iterations, then reset to 1. Finally I had to render just the environment, then two or three characters at a time, until the sheriff and groom, where it started doing the reset bug again. Finally it's finished, and there are no shadows, eyelines don't work, there are lot of little posing details that aren't good, but whatever. It's as good as it's going to get. So enjoy it, even though it sucks.

Shotgun

Another Shadowrun render. I was originally going for a different pose, but shifted things around to fit this month's Daz+ render challenge theme of "glass".

Mana Fist

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,796

Gordig said:

All I can say for this one is "oof". I started putting this together for Llola's thread, and really fell victim to my own Scottishness. The first mistake I made was the lesson that I will apparently never learn, where I try to put a lot into the scene and struggle with getting everything I want into the frame all at once. Then, when I finally had it set up more or less to my satisfaction, I tried rendering it, and it would consistently crash DS. I tried rendering smaller and smaller parts of the scene at once, and it hit that weird bug where it would render up to about 100 iterations, then reset to 1. Finally I had to render just the environment, then two or three characters at a time, until the sheriff and groom, where it started doing the reset bug again. Finally it's finished, and there are no shadows, eyelines don't work, there are lot of little posing details that aren't good, but whatever. It's as good as it's going to get. So enjoy it, even though it sucks.

Shotgun

Yikes! That's a lot of work for a... modest payoff. Bummer!

Trot Your Stuff

This was a commission for a DeviantArt follower who has...let's say particular tastes. The only real parameters were to make the horse part as large as possible relative to the human part, and the rest was up to me. They said that they like black centaurs, and also really long hair, actually specifying 10' long, but I took that in a slightly different direction than they intended. The gigantic breasts were a late-game addition, and not something I would have done but for a quick glance at their DA page.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,796

I'd say she gives me Erykah Badu vibes but I don't want to end up being hexed surprise

edited January 2022

No idea what prompted me to start on this.

Flintstones.png
    1600 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Gordig said:

I [....] really fell victim to my own Scottishness. 

I didn't know that stuffing too much content into a render was a Scottish flaw! Does that mean I've been Scottish all this time, and never knew! laugh

They said that they like black centaurs, and also really long hair, actually specifying 10' long, but I took that in a slightly different direction than they intended.

10 foot of long, straight hair would just tangle around everything. This way it provides shade from the sun, and shelter from the rain, and looks really fierce!

No idea what prompted me to start on this.

I think there may be some kind of new airborne virus going around, because I've been randomly singing the Flintstones song while working, these past couple of weeks. surprise 

WinterMoon said:

Gordig said:

I [....] really fell victim to my own Scottishness. 

I didn't know that stuffing too much content into a render was a Scottish flaw! Does that mean I've been Scottish all this time, and never knew! laugh

The Scottishness manifested in coming up with one idea and not backing down from it, even if it was clearly a bad idea. A less Scottish person might have made adjustments based on what could reasonably fit into the scene, especially once the full render started crashing the program.

Meet the Flintstones

Still no idea why I made this. I've never cared about the Flintstones at all.

Reconnaissance

I was trying to go for a really dynamic, Melissa St. James style of render, but this is what came out. I think a lot of the look of her renders comes from postwork, and I'm even less capable at that than I am at getting a good render in the first place. I could probably add some lighting for a more striking effect.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Gordig said: Still no idea why I made this. I've never cared about the Flintstones at all.

It's a virus! indecision

Exactly. It was for this month's Daz+ render challenge, Eye of the Tiger. 

edited February 2022

I decided to try a tasteful nude, and started with the pose. Now I'm having to work backwards from that to make an actual scene out of it. I'm thinking she's on the shore of a pond, or maybe the edge of a pool, gazing down into the water.

Repose rough.png
    2400 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on

Old Baby Gus

Wah, I say. Wah.

Based on a recurring character in the Drawfee lore. Old Baby Gus' first appearance:

TKO (Tiger Knockout)

Another DeviantArt commission.

edited February 2022

Explosion in the Sky

I was experimenting with the new volumetric rendering feature and accidentally made abstract art.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I just love your sence of ha ha ha!!!!

Thanks!

More volumetrics

In Training

Threw this together for the monthly Daz+ render challenge. This month's theme is "Oxymorons"

Corporate Culture