[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

I can get this converter to work with the G3 to G8 scene method but the batch convert option does not work for me at all.  It says no character files selected even though there are. Any ideas or hints would be appreciated ???

(Whoops!  Almost missed this).

It is saying SELECTED, not just CHECKED.  Are you selecting (highlighting) an item and then clicking Convert?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,902
    Artini said:

NICE,  glad to see My Cheetah girl can survie the conversion process.  

(though we do have a G8 version up too ;D)

But good to see, I was considering getting this for some other G3 Unique Non-Human characters to convert to G8!  

Yes, I have purchased your Cleo, but want to see how Genesis 3 version of it looks on G8F.

Artini said:

Thanks.

How to delete the character, that does not converted well or not at all?

This best way is to use the Content Library pane and delete from there (this makes sure DS cleans up after the metadata).  Then go to My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME and delete the morphs there.  Then restart Daz.

Thanks for the explanation.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

I started doing another Victoria 4 -GenX-> Genesis 3 -This product-> Genesis 8 conversion from scratch yesterday to test.

On the "GenX needs replacement" front, this time the head and body looked just fine, but the default pose was getting messed up in some way. Oh well.

I did hit another snag with the conversion this time. The default utility still didn't like GenX morphs, so I switched to the scene transfer utility. This time it hit me with an error message, telling me to check the log, but the log was empty. I had to hit the sack at this point, so it's probably another user related problem, but it does look like handling GenX conversions is an issue.

For those wondering about purchasing this, though, I've been very successful with everything else. :)

• BohorBohor Posts: 74

I can get this converter to work with the G3 to G8 scene method but the batch convert option does not work for me at all.  It says no character files selected even though there are. Any ideas or hints would be appreciated ???

The same for me. I'm happy with the product but I can get it work only with the scene method, but that's ok.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,318
    Bohor said:

The same for me. I'm happy with the product but I can get it work only with the scene method, but that's ok.

I can't get the batch convertor method to work either but then I don't find the instructions particularly clear.

scorpio said:

I converted a character in scene, ie a character dial spun using lots of different dials, characters and morphs, not everything seems to have transferrred, the head of one character transfered but not the body.

If you clicked the "Currently Used" in the Parameters Pane, are there body morphs that are not equal to 0?

scorpio said:

Also and this is a problem for me, I can not autofit clothing  from genesis 2 or 3 (didn't try the original) when trying the box pops up but the ''What Type of Item It Is'' box is greyed out - is this expected behaviour?

No, it is not.  The converted character should act EXACTLY like a G8F.  Perhaps restarting will help.

Restarting didn't help.

scorpio said:
    Leana said:
    scorpio said:
    Also and this is a problem for me, I can not autofit clothing  from genesis 2 or 3 (didn't try the original) when trying the box pops up but the ''What Type of Item It Is'' box is greyed out - is this expected behaviour?

Does autofit work properly when you use the base G8F? Since this product creates G8F characters the actual figure is still G8F, so autofit should be working as it does on any G8F figure...

Yes  I would have thought autofit should work but I'm not able to use it on a converted character. If this is a limitation of the product then I will have to return it as for me it makes it rather useless.

This is NOT a limitation of the product.  That is very strange that it is not working for you.  What is the Scene Identification of the character when you load it?  It should look like this

It looked the same except for it was a female

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    Artini said:
    I'm getting the same problem with autofit, but I've seen it in the past too...not sure if the same steps would fix it, but what I did before was delete the character, load a fresh base figure and then load in a shaping preset to get the custom shape back again. For whatever reason, that fixed it in the past. I'll have to see if it also works in this case. 

Problem is this is a dial spun character I did myself using numerous dials so there is no shaping preset.

Oh, I see.  Well does Autofit work with Vanilla G8F?  If you delete the converted morphs from My Library/Data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME and restart Daz, is there a difference?

The only time I have trouble with autofit is with the converted G8 character in the scene.

CC3.JPG
    1031 x 560 - 83K
    N3p3nth3 said:

I started doing another Victoria 4 -GenX-> Genesis 3 -This product-> Genesis 8 conversion from scratch yesterday to test.

On the "GenX needs replacement" front, this time the head and body looked just fine, but the default pose was getting messed up in some way. Oh well.

I did hit another snag with the conversion this time. The default utility still didn't like GenX morphs, so I switched to the scene transfer utility. This time it hit me with an error message, telling me to check the log, but the log was empty. I had to hit the sack at this point, so it's probably another user related problem, but it does look like handling GenX conversions is an issue.

For those wondering about purchasing this, though, I've been very successful with everything else. :)

Hmmm.  There was nothing in the Daz log?

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    Leana said:
    scorpio said:

Does autofit work properly when you use the base G8F? Since this product creates G8F characters the actual figure is still G8F, so autofit should be working as it does on any G8F figure...

Yes  I would have thought autofit should work but I'm not able to use it on a converted character. If this is a limitation of the product then I will have to return it as for me it makes it rather useless.

This is NOT a limitation of the product.  That is very strange that it is not working for you.  What is the Scene Identification of the character when you load it?  It should look like this

(LOL.  Whoops, I was testing a male at the time.)  

Ok.  If you load a vanilla G8F, can you autofit?  

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    Leana said:
    scorpio said:

Yes.

scorpio said:
    Bohor said:

I can't get the batch convertor method to work either but then I don't find the instructions particularly clear.

I am sorry you two cannot get the main script to work.  

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    Leana said:
    scorpio said:

Yes.

OK.  Now, after loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a normal G8F morph (not one that was from conversion), can you auto-fit?  After loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a converted G8F morph (undial the normal G8F morph), can you auto-fit? 

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    scorpio said:
    Artini said:
    I'm getting the same problem with autofit, but I've seen it in the past too...not sure if the same steps would fix it, but what I did before was delete the character, load a fresh base figure and then load in a shaping preset to get the custom shape back again. For whatever reason, that fixed it in the past. I'll have to see if it also works in this case. 

Problem is this is a dial spun character I did myself using numerous dials so there is no shaping preset.

Oh, I see.  Well does Autofit work with Vanilla G8F?  If you delete the converted morphs from My Library/Data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME and restart Daz, is there a difference?

The only time I have trouble with autofit is with the converted G8 character in the scene.

What figures are available under the "What figure was the item designed for?"

edited August 2019
    scorpio said:
    Bohor said:

I am sorry you two cannot get the main script to work.  I will try and make a tutorial video soon (it will probably be this weekend but I will try to get to it earlier).

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited August 2019
    Artini said:

Sigh.  Another @Artini pic, another item wishlisted to buy (Message Shirt Magic Bundle).  You should get a commision! smiley  Thanks for sharing @Artini; it looks great.

Thanks. You have made an excellent job creating the converter. It is a great pleasure exploring its possibilities.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
    N3p3nth3 said:

Hmmm.  There was nothing in the Daz log?

Nope. Last updates there were from me messing up in the eventually successful Brenda conversion from the day before. :)

edited August 2019

Converted Teen Princess Leila - https://www.daz3d.com/teen-princess-leila-for-genesis-3-female-s

dressed in with https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-amara-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

and with https://www.daz3d.com/channen-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

She is a beauty. ThePhilosopher has made exceptional job creating her.

Great to have her Genesis 8 Female version.

Leila02pic01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 269K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • For those having problems locating Character/Actor files, looks like they are in ...People\Genesis 3 Female\Characters folder, to the extent that they exist. Not the specific character subfolders, but scroll down to after all the subfolder files.

• modernvinylphilemodernvinylphile Posts: 22
    edited August 2019

For those having problems locating Character/Actor files, looks like they are in ...People\Genesis 3 Female\Characters folder, to the extent that they exist. Not the specific character subfolders, but scroll down to after all the subfolder files.

All the script finds for me is the hair fits or assorted addons in the Genesis 3 character folder
    Post edited by modernvinylphile on
    edited August 2019

More fun with Leila - The Princess and her brother.

He was made quickly using https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-cross-figure-resource-kit

and is wearing https://www.daz3d.com/contemporary-romeo-outfit-for-genesis-8-male-s

and https://www.daz3d.com/morley-hair-for-genesis-3-8-male-s

The clothes and the hair were autofitted to him.

Leila04pic01.jpg
    1300 x 1200 - 287K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    N3p3nth3 said:

Right. That's why I'd like a direct from M4 to G8 version. No going through GenX. Probably get a more perfect shape, too, because M4 to G1 does not always come out just as M4 looks.

• I'm having trouble batch converting, no idea why it wants one character loaded in the blank scene? I have to click cancel, and then the program finished converting, then it goes onto the next character and stops with this same error. Can someone pls help?
    So glad you made this, it'll make my library much more usable. Love the clothes converters too.

viviennemissing.JPG
    2189 x 1510 - 300K
    edited August 2019
    Snowflake05pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 198K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2019
    Artini said:

Thanks. You have made an excellent job creating the converter. It is a great pleasure exploring its possibilities.

Thank you.  I am glad it gives you joy! smiley

And thanks for all the images.

Oh yes, it brings a lot of joy. Thanks again.

For those having problems locating Character/Actor files, looks like they are in ...People\Genesis 3 Female\Characters folder, to the extent that they exist. Not the specific character subfolders, but scroll down to after all the subfolder files.

All the script finds for me is the hair fits or assorted addons in the Genesis 3 character folder

Yes, that is where you should find them My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters.  

It should not be finding any hair fits.  Can you post the log?  My guess is you will see a lot of messages like:

2019-08-01 17:20:38.214 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Actor" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Chara Centaur.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.095 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Materials/Xolani Translucency Medium.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.096 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Preset/Morph/Apply/Head" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Xolani 1 Head.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.095 DEBUG: SKIPPING "" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Materials/Xolani Translucency Medium.duf

The quotes after the "SKIPPING" keyword should contain the metadata that Daz Studio thinks a file is.  If it is blank, "", then no metadata is found.  Some users, for whatever reason, have Daz Studio get corrupted and it reports "" for files that it should be reporting as

2019-08-01 17:20:35.791 DEBUG:    Adding "Actor/Character" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Skinchangers/Skinchangers Wolves.duf

If you KNOW that a certain file is a character, you need to uncheck "Check Content Type" option and use the Add Files button to add the file manually.

• Artini said:

Oh that's awesome, lovely image she's on my list but I didn't buy her because I work with mostly G8 now. So glad we can convert these older beauties!