[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited July 2019

I keep getting the error "failed to save morph asset" - is there anything specific I should -not- include in the character preset as far as morphs go? She's based off Victoria 7 and doesn't have any geografts or anything. The only oddity is that I do have a couple custom-created x-tools morphs that I use for her (isolated Ophelia 7's legs and Georgia's mouth). 

*edit* Even forcing the conversion fails. :(

Strange.  Can you post the full Daz log (not the abbreviated one in the script dialog)?  Have you tried using the other convert custom scene character script?

Not sure if this helps? - 

2019-07-30 18:13:29.493 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(611): Failed to create file path.
    2019-07-30 18:13:29.493 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzAssetIOFilters\dzmorphsupportassetfilter.cpp(935): Failed to write Morph Asset(s).
    2019-07-30 18:13:47.346 Failed to save Morph Asset(s). See the log for more details.
    2019-07-30 18:13:47.353 DEBUG: Error: Operation failed
    2019-07-30 18:13:47.354 DEBUG: Error saving morphs

I haven't tried the scene character script yet. I did try removing the x-tools morphs and those don't appear to be the problem (which is good because most of my characters use stuff tweaked from x-tools).

*edit* The scene character script does appear to work, though I'm not entirely sure how to save that off as a character preset. Or do I just save that as a new shaping preset and then I'm good to go?

*edit #2* The converter finished and the base shape seems pretty close, albeit with some tweaks needed (pretty much the lips need the most tweaking). However the eyes seem off. The area around them is fine...but the eyeballs are weird. Like distorted? I guess? Like the pupils don't sit right in the eyeball or something. And trying base G8 eye set after eye set doesn't seem to help fix the oddness about them. There are wierd reflections, etc that I've never seen when using the same G8 eye textures on out-of-the-box G8 characters. I've attached a couple screenshots. Left is my dial-spun G3 character and right is the conversion before tweaking. I knew the G3 eye textures would need to be replaced, so the conversion is using a G8 texture from Muosso. The smooth shaded screenshot really shows the distorted eyeballs. 

Eyes 1.JPG
    2279 x 1256 - 280K
    Eyes 2.JPG
    2257 x 1258 - 218K
    Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    Cybersox said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Brenna genesis 3 to Brenna genesis 8 was quite successful, as you can see. (original right, genesis 8 left. You can really only tell from the funky eyes on genesis 8, as I didn't update those, and a slightly open mouth on the gen 3). Perfect, and looking forward to bringing over my g3 ladies.

OTOH, my Frankenstein's bride was... less so. Everything seemed to work fine (nothing interesting in the log), even if the conversion took 4 times longer than with Brenna. The body result is just as off ("original", ie. character using both a single dial gen x created morph and a bunch of genesis 3 dials to be as close to the original as possible on left, conversion on right).

I am not sure I understand your text on the Frankenstein's bride one (beyond that it didn't work obviously).  Is the body result good?  If you load it in your character, which morphs are non-zero?  After deleting your first conversion attempt and morphs, how about trying the other script?  It won't copy the texture or make the character preset, but I wonder about the morphs.

My suspicion is that the issue with the Bride is that it uses HD morphs to achieve the full effect ("set comes complete with custom crafted High Definition Morphs,")  Needless to say, HD morphs don't transfer, so you're only getting part of the character... although there's some pretty interesting stuff going on over in the ShapeSPlitter thread that indicate that it may be possible to transfer them using negative morphs...see: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/340346/released-character-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female-commercial/p7

Ah, that makes sense.  

I think you wanted to post this link?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4766206/#Comment_4766206

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918

What is the average time that people are experiencing for the scene transfer script? Since most of the characters I want to convert aren't "actors," I have to use the scene transfer script, and just some head morphs are taking at least an hour. Tried on two different computers, and both take forever to transfer the morphs. 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

What is the average time that people are experiencing for the scene transfer script? Since most of the characters I want to convert aren't "actors," I have to use the scene transfer script, and just some head morphs are taking at least an hour. Tried on two different computers, and both take forever to transfer the morphs. 

I just did one and I gave up waiting and took a nap...so about 2hrs I'd guess. And my machine is no slouch (dForce, etc is nice and quick).

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 820

Wow, that sounds long, but I have only worked on one figure and, like your situation, it was converted using the Scene Transfer. I just finished my first character which had a V4 GenX figure dialed in and nothing else and it took just a few seconds. I did not include morphs such as Body Size, Body Tone, Fitness, Fitness Size, Fitness Details, etc since G8 already has those anyway. I haven't tried any figures beyond that since I have basically been drooling with delight it worked with GenX ( I was honestly expecting issues). I hope other characters don't take an hour.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
    N3p3nth3 said:

Brenna genesis 3 to Brenna genesis 8 was quite successful, as you can see. (original right, genesis 8 left. You can really only tell from the funky eyes on genesis 8, as I didn't update those, and a slightly open mouth on the gen 3). Perfect, and looking forward to bringing over my g3 ladies.

OTOH, my Frankenstein's bride was... less so. Everything seemed to work fine (nothing interesting in the log), even if the conversion took 4 times longer than with Brenna. The body result is just as off ("original", ie. character using both a single dial gen x created morph and a bunch of genesis 3 dials to be as close to the original as possible on left, conversion on right).

I am not sure I understand your text on the Frankenstein's bride one (beyond that it didn't work obviously).  Is the body result good?  If you load it in your character, which morphs are non-zero?  After deleting your first conversion attempt and morphs, how about trying the other script?  It won't copy the texture or make the character preset, but I wonder about the morphs.

Sorry about the confusion here:

1) Bride of Frankenstein was an attempted humorous reference to a character of sketchy origin, ie. v4+genX+dials for face, g3f character and dials for body due to a disappointing genx transfer. I should have realized there is a "Frankenstein's Bride" (or probably several) in the store. 

2) Body result was, well, about as far from the original as can be

3)... and I see now, why, as it looks like no morphs whatsoever were, in fact, ported. Eyelashes is the only "currently used" parameter or morph for the ported character.

4) The other script is, indeed, a lot better. Results below. In genesis 8, on the right, the nose is a bit broader, the upper lip larger and the jawline different, but it's certainly a lot closer to the original than the g3f was before I spent 4 hours playing with dials. Still not the same fidelity as with Brenna above, though.

rachel g8 koe.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 422K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    gitika1 said:

Awesome!  Are you planning on a product for G8M also? *fingers crossed*

Yes, I am.  I just ran out of time.

Awesome! Instant buy from me, then! :D

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

So, I really was surprised to see this one. Ever since the tragic passing of Dimension3D the morph convertor-happy users like myself have been pretty much left on our own. Sure, there have been different techniques provided to us in tutorial threads us both on and off the forums, and even one of us have dedicated their time and effort to try and make a sufficient enough script to fill-in that gap, shout-out to SingularBlues. But this is the first time since the discontinuation of GenX that we're finally getting a solid, in-store PA product addressing this.

Thank you SO much for this, RiverSoftArt! :D

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,902

I can only agree. RiverSoftArt's products are amazing and I use them a lot. Thank you for all of them.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    Not working for me. Going to bed and try again later
    edited July 2019

The only inconvenience with the script is that Daz Studio crash, whenever I click on "Save" or "Cancel" or anything else while closing the script window.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and have not such problems with any other scripts from RiverSoftArt.

err20190731.jpg
    547 x 522 - 128K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2019

Huh.  I would not expect the convert custom scene character to be that slow, though the time will go up as you convert more and more characters.  Can you post a log?  EDIT: Did you try and click on the dialog while it was "stuck"?  At one point, I remember DS had brought up a dialog but not really shown it so it seemed like DS was stopped.

How did you save your characters?  Have you tried with the main script unchecking the "Check Content Type" option and Force Converting?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

I just did one and I gave up waiting and took a nap...so about 2hrs I'd guess. And my machine is no slouch (dForce, etc is nice and quick).

Can you post a log?  

Can you post a log?  

GlenWebb said:

Wow, that sounds long, but I have only worked on one figure and, like your situation, it was converted using the Scene Transfer. I just finished my first character which had a V4 GenX figure dialed in and nothing else and it took just a few seconds. I did not include morphs such as Body Size, Body Tone, Fitness, Fitness Size, Fitness Details, etc since G8 already has those anyway. I haven't tried any figures beyond that since I have basically been drooling with delight it worked with GenX ( I was honestly expecting issues). I hope other characters don't take an hour.

I am glad it is working for you!  If you do have problems, please let me know.

edited July 2019
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

1) Bride of Frankenstein was an attempted humorous reference to a character of sketchy origin, ie. v4+genX+dials for face, g3f character and dials for body due to a disappointing genx transfer. I should have realized there is a "Frankenstein's Bride" (or probably several) in the store. 

3)... and I see now, why, as it looks like no morphs whatsoever were, in fact, ported. Eyelashes is the only "currently used" parameter or morph for the ported character.

4) The other script is, indeed, a lot better. Results below. In genesis 8, on the right, the nose is a bit broader, the upper lip larger and the jawline different, but it's certainly a lot closer to the original than the g3f was before I spent 4 hours playing with dials. Still not the same fidelity as with Brenna above, though.

LOL.  Yes, Daz is one of the few places where if you say "Bride of Frankenstein" I immediately go looking for the product you bought! (which I did, but it didn't look like your "bride")  laugh

4)  I am glad it is better.  Were any of the morphs HD?  The script cannot transfer HD morphs as HD so that can account for differences.

gitika1 said:

Awesome!  Are you planning on a product for G8M also? *fingers crossed*

Yes, I am.  I just ran out of time.

Awesome! Instant buy from me, then! :D

Good to hear!  smiley

So, I really was surprised to see this one. Ever since the tragic passing of Dimension3D the morph convertor-happy users like myself have been pretty much left on our own. Sure, there have been different techniques provided to us in tutorial threads us both on and off the forums, and even one of us have dedicated their time and effort to try and make a sufficient enough script to fill-in that gap, shout-out to SingularBlues. But this is the first time since the discontinuation of GenX that we're finally getting a solid, in-store PA product addressing this.

Thank you SO much for this, RiverSoftArt! :D

You are very welcome!  I knew from spelunking through the forums that there were user efforts (though I never tried them, way too busy).  After 2 years though, it didn't seem like there were any official products, and Sickleyield convinced me to try and make one.  I had no idea if there would be a market for this.  I was afraid the the "morph converter-happy" users would have already done all they needed to with home-grown techniques. smiley

Not working for me. Going to bed and try again later

What part is not working?  Adding files?  Converting?  Is it the main script or the custom character script? 

Artini said:

I can only agree. RiverSoftArt's products are amazing and I use them a lot. Thank you for all of them.

You are very welcome @Artini!  I really do appreciate all of your support and posts.

missuskisses said:

Four minutes is my current max, on a 4 core 2,4ghz i5 in an MBP. My successful endeavour, Brenna, above took just over a minute.

Artini said:

The only inconvenience with the script is that Daz Studio crash, whenever I click on "Save" or "Cancel" or anything else while closing the script window.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and have not such problems with any other scripts from RiverSoftArt.

Does this happen even if you do nothing but start the script and then save/cancel out?  Or only after you convert something?  How did you install the product?  Could I see a log?

edited July 2019
    N3p3nth3 said:

missuskisses said:

"Four minutes is my current max, on a 4 core 2,4ghz i5 in an MBP. My successful endeavour, Brenna, above took just over a minute."

Thank you for sharing the data point @N3p3nth3.

edited July 2019
    Boopsie02pic01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 272K
    Boopsie01pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 185K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

She looks good!  Thank you for posting one that is based off of the https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs and https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs.  I am sure people want to see that it works for those types of characters too.

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

LOL.  Yes, Daz is one of the few places where if you say "Bride of Frankenstein" I immediately go looking for the product you bought! (which I did, but it didn't look like your "bride")  laugh

4)  I am glad it is better.  Were any of the morphs HD?  The script cannot transfer HD morphs as HD so that can account for differences.

I don't think I have any HD morphs used, none labeled as such, anyway. The base is still DMR Ella, a Victoria 4 character (and AFAIK a rather popular one) from the Daz store that I used GenX to port to Genesis 3 with rather limited success. As far as I know I just used the standard g3f head morphs package to fine tune the result to get closer to the original in G3F. In fact, (and that's something I still have to troubleshoot), I didn't even use the GenX Victoria 4 shape at all, as the result wasn't significantly closer and I preferred to use the minimum amount GenX considering the unfortunate situation with it.

The discrepancies are probably related to the GenX transfer, as lips/nose/jawline were the parts where I had to do most manual tweaking. Probably just shows the necessity for a V4 to Gen 8 tool, but I'll look into this further. It's coincidental I'm doing her among my first characters, as I just decided last weekend I want to be able to use that character in G3F and your product came out while I was doing test renders etc for her. That's also why I haven't managed to zero in where the issues are coming.

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

I don't think I have any HD morphs used, none labeled as such, anyway. The base is still DMR Ella, a Victoria 4 character (and AFAIK a rather popular one) from the Daz store that I used GenX to port to Genesis 3 with rather limited success. As far as I know I just used the standard g3f head morphs package to fine tune the result to get closer to the original in G3F. In fact, (and that's something I still have to troubleshoot), I didn't even use the GenX Victoria 4 shape at all, as the result wasn't significantly closer and I preferred to use the minimum amount GenX considering the unfortunate situation with it.

The discrepancies are probably related to the GenX transfer, as lips/nose/jawline were the parts where I had to do most manual tweaking. Probably just shows the necessity for a V4 to Gen 8 tool, but I'll look into this further. It's coincidental I'm doing her among my first characters, as I just decided last weekend I want to be able to use that character in G3F and your product came out while I was doing test renders etc for her. That's also why I haven't managed to zero in where the issues are coming.

Ah!  Ok, well keep me updated.  Since I was never a GenX user, I didn't have any of these copy of copy characters to test.

• CometsComets Posts: 87

It took just over 1.5 hours for me to convert 30 characters.

Comets said:

It took just over 1.5 hours for me to convert 30 characters.

Wow, you cranked through them!  I want your computer!  smiley

Thanks.

How to delete the character, that does not converted well or not at all?