[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    edited July 2019
    Havos said:
    Hylas said:

I think that there would be an audience, since GenX basically transfers morphs rather than characters.

Not to highjack this thread completely, but could you explain what this means?

With GenX, you check the morphs that you want to transfer between generations, so "nose size" or "Victoria 5 head," etc. Then those morph dials become available on the target generation figure.

Sounds like this, on the other hand, will transfer the entire character you have highlighted, so your character could have a bunch of morphs, and all those active morphs (including JCMs, if activated) would be transferred, plus a resulting dial for just that character. So this would be easier to transfer custom characters or characters in the store that are based on existing morph packs (see Saiyaness's characters). With GenX, you'd have to find out which morph dials were being used, transfer those morphs, and then apply the value of each morph dial to the new generation to get the same character. With this product, you can easily get the character transferred.

Nice summary.  Thanks.  smiley

In your initial description you are stating that JCMs are not transferred, and yet in the summary above (which you agreed with) it is surmising that JCMs are transferred. Which is true?

"The Character converter script does not copy joint corrective morphs (JCMs) or morph corrective morphs (MCMs) properly".  The "properly" is the key word here.  If JCMs are being used, they are transferred.  HOWEVER, they are not hooked up properly (the corrective part of JCMs), i.e., they will not be engaged when another morph get engaged or anything like that with extreme poses.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Does this tool technically more than the Morph Transfer Tool (with the exception of an easier use)?

Why are some skins problematic? I thought G8 is backwarts compatible to G3?

I would have prefered if you did some universal tool, which contains G3 to G8 (both genders, and cross gender) and G8 to G3.

Seeing Cross Gender as a single product is propably unlikly...

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned (I didn’t see it when reading through the thread), but another consideration may be that a move to the DS5 would break genx. This is definitely another reason for you to support older generations as genx cannot be updated.

- Greg

gerster said:

Does this tool technically more than the Morph Transfer Tool (with the exception of an easier use)?

I can't say for sure as I never got into GenX2 (even though I bought it), but as far as morphs, I think GenX2 does more.

gerster said:

Why are some skins problematic? I thought G8 is backwarts compatible to G3?

The UVs for a lot of G3Fs are different.

gerster said:

I would have prefered if you did some universal tool, which contains G3 to G8 (both genders, and cross gender) and G8 to G3.

Seeing Cross Gender as a single product is propably unlikly...

This one was a lot harder, and took a lot longer, than I expected.  I decided to release for G3F->G8F and hopefully improve all the products as I go along.

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned (I didn’t see it when reading through the thread), but another consideration may be that a move to the DS5 would break genx. This is definitely another reason for you to support older generations as genx cannot be updated.

- Greg

True.  Though we have no idea what will happen with future DS's but it is certainly possible.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    gerster said:

I can't say for sure as I never got into GenX2 (even though I bought it), but as far as morphs, I think GenX2 does more.

Hey,

thank you for your answer. But I think you got me here wrong.

I was asking about the Transfer Utility which allows me to transfer G3 to G8 and even cross gender.

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

My question was, has your tool any benefits compared to the Transfer Utitly (with the exception of an easier use)?

Some guy (I think Singular Blue) published a more universal Morph Transfer Tool some time ago for free, which fixed had some "fixed" for the transfer. Daz had some copyright objections against that tool, so it's currently unpublished, but Singular Blue is working on an "legal" version.

gerster said:
    gerster said:

Hey,

thank you for your answer. But I think you got me here wrong.

I was asking about the Transfer Utility which allows me to transfer G3 to G8 and even cross gender.

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

My question was, has your tool any benefits compared to the Transfer Utitly (with the exception of an easier use)?

Some guy (I think Singular Blue) published a more universal Morph Transfer Tool some time ago for free, which fixed had some "fixed" for the transfer. Daz had some copyright objections against that tool, so it's currently unpublished, but Singular Blue is working on an "legal" version.

Oh.  smiley  Basically, the script automates that procedure.  In addition, it creates a controller property, copies loaded materials, creates a character preset, copies icons & categories for that character preset, and repeats.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Just to be certain: while this script doesn't properly connect JCMs/MCMs, as you've said, does it take care of doing the rigging and ERC Freeze?

vwrangler said:

Just to be certain: while this script doesn't properly connect JCMs/MCMs, as you've said, does it take care of doing the rigging and ERC Freeze?

Yes.  

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

You had my money once I seen this on your Facebook now we just need Daz to put a rush on releasing it :) I go on vacation soon and always end up spending money on 3D products I cant even use for at least a week lmao I’m so glad you guys are continuing on this type of product can’t wait to see what is to come 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,690

I'm adding my voice to the list of those who would like future support for earlier generations as well. As a GenX user/hair-puller-outer, I would welcome an alternative to the sometimes-mystifying experience of transferring characters to G3.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,138

Is this primarily for the Base Figures (Victoria 7, The Girl 7, etc) or also for the more generic G3 derivate characters (including those from third party sites)? I suspect primarily for the latter, since there are already products like Gia 7 for Gia 8 anyway, and because the generic G3 derivates use the standard UV layout, but I just want to be sure this is going to be what I hope it's going to be.

dkgoose said:

You had my money once I seen this on your Facebook now we just need Daz to put a rush on releasing it :) I go on vacation soon and always end up spending money on 3D products I cant even use for at least a week lmao I’m so glad you guys are continuing on this type of product can’t wait to see what is to come 

Out of my control smiley  Perhaps you should give me your vacation schedule so I stop releasing just before laugh

xyer0 said:

I'm adding my voice to the list of those who would like future support for earlier generations as well. As a GenX user/hair-puller-outer, I would welcome an alternative to the sometimes-mystifying experience of transferring characters to G3.

Ok, thank you for the information.

Drip said:

Is this primarily for the Base Figures (Victoria 7, The Girl 7, etc) or also for the more generic G3 derivate characters (including those from third party sites)? I suspect primarily for the latter, since there are already products like Gia 7 for Gia 8 anyway, and because the generic G3 derivates use the standard UV layout, but I just want to be sure this is going to be what I hope it's going to be.

It is for any of them, except for more extreme characters.

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 44

I am looking forward to this coming out I have a few characters in mind to transfer already. This tool sounds like it will save me a lot of time instead of transferring them manually.

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited July 2019

Well this product just became an expensive investment for me...I have held off getting several characters for G3 because so many things I use are G8 specific and I came into the game at G8 launch. Now that I will be able to get my fav G3 ladies in the G8 realm with this, I forsee many G3 family pro purchases. At least some good sales on the pro bundles are currently going on for G3:) I only use a few specific skins (all G8) or Altern 8 so the seams from material transfers are not an issue for me. Love your products keep em' coming!

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • Drip said:

I take it you're not making any promises on the Joe Quick stuff :P

Kooreo said:

I am looking forward to this coming out I have a few characters in mind to transfer already. This tool sounds like it will save me a lot of time instead of transferring them manually.

That is very good to hear!  Please post pics when you do.

Well this product just became an expensive investment for me...I have held off getting several characters for G3 because so many things I use are G8 specific and I came into the game at G8 launch. Now that I will be able to get my fav G3 ladies in the G8 realm with this, I forsee many G3 family pro purchases. At least some good sales on the pro bundles are currently going on for G3:) I only use a few specific skins (all G8) or Altern 8 so the seams from material transfers are not an issue for me. Love your products keep em' coming!

I like to think I am saving you money angel  You will take advantage of so many great G3 sales that you will have oodles of cash cheeky

Drip said:

I take it you're not making any promises on the Joe Quick stuff :P

LOL.  I need to get the males working just to try (all my Joe Quick stuff are male).  It will be... interesting... to see what happens.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited July 2019

I was MIA for the last week (Comicon) and am still getting caight up, but this was a very nice surprise.  Even though I do have Singular Blue's script, the ease and convenience of your previous products make this an instant buy for me, and on the subject of converting earlier figures, count me in on those products as well.  I have and love GenX, but like some of the other posters, I find myself holding my breath each time I install a new update and know that, eventually, it's probably going to be broken. 

Now, about that DAZ Dragon 2 to DAZ Dragon 3 converter...

Post edited by Cybersox on
    Cybersox said:

I was MIA for the last week (Comicon) and am still getting caight up, but this was a very nice surprise.  Even though I do have Singular Blue's script, the ease and convenience of your previous products make this an instant buy for me, and on the subject of converting earlier figures, count me in on those products as well.  I have and love GenX, but like some of the other posters, I find myself holding my breath each time I install a new update and know that, eventually, it's probably going to be broken. 

Ooooh, I hope you had fun!  

Thank you for the support and the information.  There are enough people clamoring for earlier generations I will try at least one.  Now which would be the most interesting?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited July 2019
    Cybersox said:

Thank you for the support and the information.  There are enough people clamoring for earlier generations I will try at least one.  Now which would be the most interesting?

Disregarding the technical complexities that would be involved, V4 to Genesis 8 would almost certainly be the best seller after G3F.  Not only are there far more V4 characters still on the market, with excellent new ones still coming out at other sites, but there are tons of super discounted ones constantly going on sale here, there's already a good  V4 to G8F UV convertor set available from Cayman, several good Iray skin converters, and you don't have the ,multiple UV set issues to deal with that you have on a lot of Genesis and G2F characters. 

Technically, I would imagine that G2F would be the easiest to do in terms of morphs, but while there's full UV and Iray conversion support for the base G2F, a lot of the iconic G2 characters used specialized, not currently supported, UV sets that will make duplicating the characters that use them difficult.

Post edited by Cybersox on
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Disregarding the technical complexities that would be involved, V4 to Genesis 8 would almost certainly be the best seller after G3F.  Not only are there far more V4 characters still on the market, with excellent new ones still coming out at other sites, but there are tons of super discounted ones constantly going on sale here, there's already a good  V4 to G8F UV convertor set available from Cayman, several good Iray skin converters, and you don't have the ,multiple UV set issues to deal with that you have on a lot of Genesis and G2F characters. 

Technically, I would imagine that G2F would be the easiest to do in terms of morphs, but while there's full UV and Iray conversion support for the base G2F, a lot of the iconic G2 characters used specialized, not currently supported, UV sets that will make duplicating the characters that use them difficult.

Thank you for the information.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,690

I concur with Cybersox' opinion.

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 44
    edited July 2019

If you going to do older-gen I would like to see gen 2 to gen 8 forget v4 that is old and busted plus poser format bleh.

Post edited by Kooreo on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

One more vote for G2-G8 :)

Laurie

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,901
    Hylas said:
    scorpio said:
    Hylas said:

I struggled for a bit on what I wanted to make at first.  I decided I didn't want to make a convert-morphs product. 

I don't understand. If this product doesn't convert morphs and not UV's, what does it do?

I have to admit this is my query as well, along with - will there be a G8 Male version?

It DOES convert morphs, but instead of "here is a list of morphs, choose which ones, (think GenX2)" it concentrates on making it easy to just select a character and it will convert the used morphs for that character.

Got it! yes

This looks like a really cool product! If this is going to be a series of products like your hair and clothing converters... I'd be very interested in a version that converts G2 and Genesis characters to G8! (Getting way ahead again, so sorry!smiley)

Interesting.  That is two people that have written that they are interested in earlier generations.  I would have thought that that market would have already been fulfilled by other offerings and nobody would want earlier generations.

I add my request too!
    I'm an heavy Genesis1 user and I would love to see them transferred to Genesis8!
    Anyway it's an instabuy for me!

edited July 2019
    xyer0 said:

I concur with Cybersox' opinion.

Kooreo said:

If you going to do older-gen I would like to see gen 2 to gen 8 forget v4 that is old and busted plus poser format bleh.

AllenArt said:

One more vote for G2-G8 :)

Laurie

Imago said:
    Hylas said:
    scorpio said:
    Hylas said:

I struggled for a bit on what I wanted to make at first.  I decided I didn't want to make a convert-morphs product. 

I don't understand. If this product doesn't convert morphs and not UV's, what does it do?

I have to admit this is my query as well, along with - will there be a G8 Male version?

It DOES convert morphs, but instead of "here is a list of morphs, choose which ones, (think GenX2)" it concentrates on making it easy to just select a character and it will convert the used morphs for that character.

Got it! yes

This looks like a really cool product! If this is going to be a series of products like your hair and clothing converters... I'd be very interested in a version that converts G2 and Genesis characters to G8! (Getting way ahead again, so sorry!smiley)

Interesting.  That is two people that have written that they are interested in earlier generations.  I would have thought that that market would have already been fulfilled by other offerings and nobody would want earlier generations.

I add my request too!
    I'm an heavy Genesis1 user and I would love to see them transferred to Genesis8!
    Anyway it's an instabuy for me!

Ok, so no consensus then smiley  But seriously, thank you all for sharing your interest in earlier generations.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on