XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Zev0, Sir, you just made my weekend with a recent release of yours! Now all I need is the F2M Module (be it for Gen7 or 8) to sove my Genx Circular issue and I am happy as a clown. Ready to throw my money at you almost at any time!

• JarNeelJarNeel Posts: 5

hello, I had a problem with Cathy HD, daz studio crashed during the operation, now I have dazstdio which crashes no matter what scene I load, it's problematic for me, I would like to go back, j admit not knowing what to do other than reinstall daz studio ... which would not suit me. Someone to help me?

I managed to convert Victoria 7, it crashed with Cathy. these are the only two operations carried out before the tragedy.
  • JarNeelJarNeel Posts: 5
    I deleted the XTransfer folder, my DAZStudio is now working, but it loads my scenes very slowly.
  • mavixtiousmavixtious Posts: 5

It messed up my whole daz3d again. I've unistalled everything from xtransfer, unistalled and reinstalled gf3 and gf8 base figures and it still crashes when I try to load a gf8 figure. I wanna crawl up and cry...

• markgoode77markgoode77 Posts: 343
    edited May 2021

Mine's broken too.

I used it yesterday - or at least tried to - and it crashed at 71%.  After that attempts to load G8 caused an immediate crash to desktop.  Removing the Xtransfer files allowed G8 to load, albeit extremely slowly.  I restored to a safe backup of my library overnight, and tried again this morning with a different figure - 71% and crash.  I know it's only meant to work with base figures, but it has worked successfully with this figure in the past (an Angel Wings character).

Oh well, restore again I guess.  Log attached if you're interested.

Edit: The G8 load time after removing the Xtransfer files this morning was about 40 seconds, so yesterdays slow load was probably irrelevant.

txt
    txt
    Xtransfer Crash Log.txt
    Post edited by markgoode77 on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

WOndering if anyone has had this issue. Xtransfer was working fine (well, when it worked), but I transferred two figures yesterday and since then, I am getting a message about duplicate files or morphs whenever I load an M8, including saved figures. I am not sure what to do. At first I thought it was no problem but now if I save a figure and then reload him, the figure is still there but I have to reload and resave anything that was autofitted which for hair and beards is a pita. ANy advice on what to do?

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

I got rid of the file and that seems to have fixed everything.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

@Zev0 -- I'm having some problems transferring characters up from G3F. The morph transfer script works; it's processing something. However, in one case, the mesh blew apart. In the second case, the morph slider didn't seem to do anything except move a few verts. Help??

--MW

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2021

Hi. To make the script work a bit less, try unselecting none core hidden files if it is just the shape you are after. Try and include only the core morphs related to figure shape. In attachment I deselected some expression helpers, whould cut transfer time roughly in half. Also some custom characters you will see the script try and include some morphs related to figure which can be bypassed as well.

Capture.JPG
    1199 x 1203 - 269K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wintoonswintoons Posts: 371
    edited July 2021

Hi, just using the xTransfer, I was transfering a Genesis 3 character (esme) to Genesis 8, however it seems to be taking a long time to transfer. It's reached 71% but it hasn't crashed.
    It's been going for over an hour and I'm wanting to know is this normal to take this long?

The model is 

https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-esme

It's stuck on the part 'Updating Morph Deltas'

Also, to add it needs the Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs and Victoria 7 Character. Would that be the reason? 

Post edited by wintoons on

Hi. If it hasn't crashed it is stil processing. Question... We found it takes a bit longer with those who have a Genesis 8 figure with long load times, does yours take long to load?

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Zev0 said:

Hi. If it hasn't crashed it is stil processing. Question... We found it takes a bit longer with those who have a Genesis 8 figure with long load times, does yours take long to load?

I have tried on another Genesis 3 character and converted it to 8, it took less than a minute. But it didn'r have alot of morphs though only two. 

With the Esme G3 character, I deleted the victoria 7 morphs related to the esme character and just kept the esme head morph and that worked ok. 

• XTransfer only works if I use the "Genesis 3 Basic Male" and not with charachter presets. I however don't have the "Genesis 3 Basic Male" in my library nor can I find it on the Daz3D store, was it removed once G8 came out?. How would I go about solving this problem? 

Thanks for your time!

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

It should be right under "Characters," before you click on any of the individual characters. Is it not there?

• inquire said:

It should be right under "Characters," before you click on any of the individual characters. Is it not there?

I found it in another folder! Thanks anyways!

I have another problem now though. I transfered "Robbus Goblin HD for Genesis 3 Male". Once I go to the sliders and try to use him he turns into this. On a sidenote, what is the recommended approach to transfer over the materials?

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Don't know why the above happens. I don't think the materials transfer over with this product. There are some separate conversion products, for taking the materials and transferring them over. Also, in the case of Genesis 3 to 8, if it uses the base Genesis 3 or the basic Michael 7, I think the materials can just be applied to Genesis 8. But, there are some special cases where the artist has done something different. At least, that's what I think. I'm not an expert.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

Sometimes conversions just don't work out. Go into the data folder (should be library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/XTransfer) and delete the Robbus morph, and try again. Robbus uses the base G3M UV, so no conversion is necessary for the materials.

• fredfredburger55 said:

inquire said:

I have another problem now though. I transfered "Robbus Goblin HD for Genesis 3 Male". Once I go to the sliders and try to use him he turns into this. On a sidenote, what is the recommended approach to transfer over the materials?

it's an HD character, so it won't work (HD characters and morphs are incompatible, which is a lot of popular figures sadly.)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215
    edited July 2021

Blood-PawWerewolf said:

fredfredburger55 said:

inquire said:

it's an HD character, so it won't work (HD characters and morphs are incompatible, which is a lot of popular figures sadly.)

I've converted a number of HD characters, and while they don't retain their HD details, they do still transfer successfully.

Here's a comparison of Anneka HD on the left, next to her XTransferred G8F counterpart. The G8 is not as detailed as the original (notice especially the thigh spikes), but she's also not the eldritch horror posted above.

Anneka38_comp.png
    3600 x 4800 - 6M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Gordig said:

Blood-PawWerewolf said:

fredfredburger55 said:

inquire said:

I've converted a number of HD characters, and while they don't retain their HD details, they do still transfer successfully.

Here's a comparison of Anneka HD on the left, next to her XTransferred G8F counterpart. The G8 is not as detailed as the original (notice especially the thigh spikes), but she's also not the eldritch horror posted above.

Interesting.... 

• Hi Zev.

I just got your XTransfer Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter. As far as I can tell it is working fine; loaded various G3 stuff into it, and used it on G8. Now, this didn't happen immediately, but after a day or so when I tried loading ANY G8F figure, either a created character or just the default G8F figure, I get the following message: "Duplicated formulas found in files. Make sure that the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details.": First, as I said, this didn't start happening right away. Secondly, the content should be properly installed or else it wouldn't work right, or work at all, correct? And, third, I haven't the slightest clue where to find the log file and see if it says anything that could help. 

My first instinct was to remove all the XT commands, but if I did that, it would affect at least 5 characters I used those XT morphs to help create. If you can help me in finding the log file so I can see what it says, or if you have a solution to this problem, I would appreciate it.

Duplicate Formulas message trying to load G8F.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 313K
    edited August 2021
    Hi. This happens only with certain morphs transferred from G3 over to G8 where the G8 version of that morph already exists. Technically duplicate id's shouldn't happen because the morphs are named differently after transfer but sometimes the vertice info or morph linking is identical to something already present on G8. Send me a log file and i'll try and see what morph is causing the conflict that you can remove from the XTransfer data folder.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited August 2021

absolutely love this plugin.any chance of a module that will covert genesis 8.1 morphs to genesis 8?

Post edited by rtstrong_10569d9909 on
    edited August 2021

Hi. I'm trying to get the XTransfer series back online. The other two modules are in limbo still. Unfortunately it looks like my original partner is to busy to help get it completed. I hope I can find somebody to take over the role to get it done.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. This happens only with certain morphs transferred from G3 over to G8 where the G8 version of that morph already exists. Technically duplicate id's shouldn't happen because the morphs are named differently after transfer but sometimes the vertice info or morph linking is identical to something already present on G8. Send me a log file and i'll try and see what morph is causing the conflict that you can remove from the XTransfer data folder.

Thanks for answering. I would send you a log file only I don't know where to find it. Can you help with that? Thanks so much (I now know what it's like to be a vendor - I have 14 G8F figures up for sale in my store at Renderhub!)

• Hi again, Zev. I did some searching and I believe I found the log file. I'm attaching it for your perusal and keeping my fingers crossed it has the info you're looking for...

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M
    Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & XT_PBMLegsLength in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Body/XT_PBMLegsLength.dsf.

Try removing the XT_PBMLegsLength.dsf located in 

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Body/
  • Took care of it. Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, do you have any plans on creating Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8 males? I love SB8 for G8F, use it all the time, just wish there was a way I could save the settings for a particular figure. Currently writing everything down so if I want to make a change to a particular character, I have to start from scratch.

No plans for a male version unfortunately.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 763

Prouct page says: "Future Update will include Character Preset conversion."

Will this update be free for those who already purchased XTransfer? Or will it be an add-on that we must buy?