XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Hi. Yes expressions can be transferred as well. If an expression uses aspects from the pose control dials those will be transferred as well.

Capture.JPG
    2295 x 1302 - 213K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 2021

...thank you.

Purchased, downloaded, and installed so I'll play with it tonight.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...so I read through the PODF and see that one has to load a "Base Figure" which for the female side, would be one of the standard  ones like the basic Genesis 3F, Vicky 7, Aiko 7, or Josie 7, not special ones like Clarice, Rain, Molly, or Tamra.

So in a sense I guess it doesn't matter whether I choose the base G3F figure or say Josie 7 since all include the same installed morphs, including from what resource content I purchased.

Am I on the right track here? 

Base female is not a character that is somethiing like Aiko, but the Genesis 3 Female base. I don't know what issues will arise if one of the other character bases is used, because the script looks up a lot of Genesis 3 Female base references. But try it and see, it's not something I have tried.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2021

deleted

Post edited by Deke on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

I'm giving that a try, creating a character morph.  The next problem I'm running into is that I get an "Error Finding Path" when I fire up Xtransfer. Does the OBJ morph file have to be in a certain location for XTransfer to detect it?

Zev0 said:

Base female is not a character that is somethiing like Aiko, but the Genesis 3 Female base. I don't know what issues will arise if one of the other character bases is used, because the script looks up a lot of Genesis 3 Female base references. But try it and see, it's not something I have tried.

...OK, just needed to know as in the video, the figure used looks different (somewhat slimmer as well as less "endowed") than what I get when I load the base G3F in (even the skin is different as it looks like it's glowing).

• Hello,

I Just wanted to ask when...or if module 2 will be released?

Quote earlier in this topic states "Module 2 will be Genesis 8 to Genesis 3, but that is for another time." and it's been almost 3 years since that, and I'm sure people would find genesis 8 to 3 converter useful.

Reagards,

Max

My partner who helped dev the product has part ways. I am hoping to pick up the IP for a new developer and continue the series.

• Darn. Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to the module for transferring between genders.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited January 2022

Well this sucks, I tried transferring over a newly made character, and when that did not work I used a pre-made character, and for both, the morphs carried over, but not the association, as in, dialing them in doesn't do anything; I went and even used Dial fusion on my characters to force an association, yet again the morphs carried over, but they did not associate with both my custom, and pre-made V7 characters even when I ERC-froze them before the transfer!

This is version 1.3...

Ironically, enough; using the beta 1.1 works flawlessly, and it was the reason why I did not notice the ineffectiveness of version 1.3 sooner, as I had previously used beta 1.1 to convert my then custom-made characters over with no issues before 1.3 even came out, that is until I cracked open version 1.3 recently for a set of newly made characters for the transfer, that is when I found out that 1.3 doesn't work for me...

EDIT: I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but the good news is that your X-Transfer program/script works as intended, the bad news is, that you're gonna have to update it due to the new Daz Studio Beta broke it!

As in, rendered it useless!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • MickeyHoMickeyHo Posts: 12

Is there an easy way to remove the prefix XT- on the morphs? I mean the labels of the morphs, not just the file names of the morphs. Some poses include morphs as well but I think the prefix XT- makes them unusable.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited April 2022

MickeyHo said:

Is there an easy way to remove the prefix XT- on the morphs? I mean the labels of the morphs, not just the file names of the morphs. Some poses include morphs as well but I think the prefix XT- makes them unusable.

Any slider label can be edited by clicking the gear icon on the right of the slider>Parameter Settings, then editing the label field (leave the name alone though). If the issue is having XT-Whatever (2) then first open the Parameter pane's option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and disable Preferences>Consolidate Proerpties.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

Any slider label can be edited by clicking the gear icon on the right of the slider>Parameter Settings, then editing the label field (leave the name alone though). If the issue is having XT-Whatever (2) then first open the Parameter pane's option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and disable Preferences>Consolidate Proerpties.

Thanks. Well I was thinking along the lines of batch editing but I guess this is the only way. One more question. After I edit the names/labels, if I want to save them for new figures, should I save them as Morph Assets?

• MickeyHo said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

Thanks. Well I was thinking along the lines of batch editing but I guess this is the only way. One more question. After I edit the names/labels, if I want to save them for new figures, should I save them as Morph Assets?

File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets - if you want to do that i would advise using the dev Build preset for the figure, to make sure that the only changes saved are the ones you made.

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets - if you want to do that i would advise using the dev Build preset for the figure, to make sure that the only changes saved are the ones you made.

Thank you. Although I hate to bugger you any more, I have always wondered what the difference between the dev build and the base figure is. The dev build one seems to be just the base figure without textures.

• MickeyHo said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MickeyHo said:

Thank you. Although I hate to bugger you any more, I have always wondered what the difference between the dev build and the base figure is. The dev build one seems to be just the base figure without textures.

The Dev Build is in a very basic state, with no extras added, to make it an easy base for creating add-ons without having to remember to zero things out, remove attachments and so on.

• Where do you find this Dev Build?

• GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

Where do you find this Dev Build?

It's in the folder with the Genesis 8.x Base character preset, or possible a subfolder - it's certainly in the same category (I tend to load by searching for the product, then looking under figures in the category list).

• erikberikb Posts: 8

I tried to convert Sophia 7 and Bethany 7 to Genesis 8. It came to 71 % and then Daz3D crashed. Then, when I tried to open a Genesis 8 base figure female, the body and head looked scrambled. When I tried to open another G8 female figure the whole program crashed. I tried to uninstall everything, doing a clean uninstall. That didn't solve anything. The program still crashes. Unfortunately now the program just dies, and I don't even get a bug report. Please help. 

Hi. By crash did studio just stall, or crash as in it closed? If it is stalled, the script is still running. Do not force close it. There a period where it won't show any activity but its working in the background. If it crashed as in it closed studio, then please send a log.

I'm not that interested in trying to run the script anymore. I just want to be able to load a Genesis 8 female figure without Daz Studio crashing. I have tried to uninstall Daz3d, erase every track of it from my computer and install it again. When I try to load a G8F figure this is what happens, either the program closes without a error message and just dies down, or sometimes, a scrambled version of a G8F appears. There's still a paramater under shaping that says XTransfer Bethany, XTransfer Sophia. I just want to get rid of there morphs forever, because it seems that they are the ones that causes all the problems. How do I get rid of them on my computer?

I found the morphs through the program itself, deleted them, and now everything seems to work fine. 

The tutorial explains exactly where they are saved for complete removal.

• tunggul1101tunggul1101 Posts: 20

Hi ZevO, do you have plan to create and release Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter?

Currently thinking to make a leap to Genesis 8 / 8.1 from Genesis 2, thanks.

Hi. No plans for that...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

tunggul1101 said:

Hi ZevO, do you have plan to create and release Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter?

I have used GenX2 and the Genesis 2 and 3 plugins to transfer characters from Genesis 2 to 3, then used XTransfer to Genesis 8 with good success.  I did have one character transfer with messed up shoulder rigging, and had to use Adjust Rigging to Shape...

• wargiswargis Posts: 142

Just a bit technical question about morph transferring - guys, how to transfer JCMs and MCMs between Males and Females within one the same generation? E.G from G3M to G3F or from G8M to G8F. I've read this thread very briefly but I got that XTransfer cannot make cross-gender transfers from G3 to G8. But it can transfer all JCMs fully, right? Recently I wanted to transfer several old  custom characters based on Kids 4 to G8 and at first I had to transfer these boys to to Genesis 3 Male via GenX2 addon. Because Kids 4 is a very specific figure and all children's morphs have specific scaling, I had to make custom JCMs in Zbrush to avoid mesh distortions on G3M. Now I want to transfer those kids not only to G8M but to G8F also (I don't want to waste time on transferring Kids 4 to Genesis 3 Female, than to G8F and to remake all these JCMs for G3F basemesh). But I need a G3F girl to get her G8F twin. right? I can transfer boy to girl (G3M to G3F) via the same GenX2, but I got only the basic shape, all JCMs are missing (or I didn't find the necessary checkboxes in GenX2 for transferring JCM). How to transfer all JCMs  (and MCMs) from G3 Male to G3 female in a fast and smart way? Also, if I transfer G3M character to G8M, how to do this magic trick within G8? I feel there must be a simple way, and XTransfer makes this possible even between different generations of Genesis.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Is this going to be fixed for 4.20? Every morph I try crashes daz and then it turns out a jumbled mess. It works fine in 4.16 I have to use my old computer with 4.16 to transfer then use flash drive to bring it to my new one, a huge pain

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587

WandW said:

tunggul1101 said:

I have used GenX2 and the Genesis 2 and 3 plugins to transfer characters from Genesis 2 to 3, then used XTransfer to Genesis 8 with good success.  I did have one character transfer with messed up shoulder rigging, and had to use Adjust Rigging to Shape...

I would be interested in this as well.  Sounds like too many chances for mixed results doing it from GenX2 then to XTransfer, but glad there is an alternative.