BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►New Year Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ͠͠ ͠~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~ H2O ͠~͠~~͠

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@hansmar: That looks to me like a tsunami about to bury a small island.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

mermaid: I like your rain flowers very much
    hansmar: that is one serious wave....good job

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

mermaid : you can clearly see the drops
    hansmar : good job on the wave.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Final entry from me called Lagoon. Once again various plants and trees from the web, the rest created in Bryce. Slight colour corrections and adjustments with photoshop.

lagoon2_copy.jpg
    1200 x 580 - 793K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

orbital said:
    Final entry from me called Lagoon. Once again various plants and trees from the web, the rest created in Bryce. Slight colour corrections and adjustments with photoshop.

cool render

edited December 1969

@ Bigh. Thanks mate.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

It is indeed very impressive Orbital... Love it!

edited December 1969

@orbital: Lovely scene. Reminds me of the scenes in the game Myst.

Here is another submission where I found a use for the church I had to reassemble. It's titled "Ye 'ol Church."

Church_Scene_16.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    edited December 1969

orbital: very nice render
    Guss: That church is awesome....really great job on that render

edited December 1969

Thank you, Trish.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,536
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - I agree, the drops are now visible and obvious. Very nice idea of the water theme.

@hansmar - quite dramatic wave you've got here.

@orbital - amazing scene, it has a dreamy look. Like it a lot.

@GussNemo - great idea to use the church you laboured so hard with. The staircase leading to the lake is a nice detail.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

great idea to use the church you laboured so hard with. The staircase leading to the lake is a nice detail

sure is !

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ Orbital: Love the scene - reminds me somewhat of the world of the movie Avatar - Beautiful job!!

@ Guss: Hey buddy - Really like the way the church scene came out - Nicely done and I agree the steps down to the water really add
    that something extra to the scene. Great render!

Bruce

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

bigh said:
    great idea to use the church you laboured so hard with. The staircase leading to the lake is a nice detail

sure is !

I agree with that.

The old church in the town where I grew up is sort off a riverside church. Like many old churches over here it has a mix of architectural features from several eras, the oldest part being Norman. It has mooring rings built into the side facing the river, which now is some distance away (100 yards or so) as they have altered the way the river flows with built up banks to control it and allow more land for buildings and wharves. Given our current weather situation over here those mooring rings may come into use again. LOL

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64
    @GussNemo
    @bullit35744
    @Horo
    @goshtac
    Thankyou!

@GussNemo good job, well done!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    edited December 1969

@Gussnemo: quite understandable association. Poor island! (I won't admit that the island was originally supposed to be part of the sea in the distance, definitely not!)
    And: nice scene with an interesting POV.

@bullit35744 and Horo: Thanks. as dramatic as my struggle with it....

@adbc: Thanks a lot!

@orbital: Wonderful scene.

I have one more idea, but limited time, so perhaps a 'quicky'......

edited December 1969

This is my 3rd and final entry called.....Water Town.......Trish

Water_Town2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ Trish

Hi Kiddo: Really liking your water town! I think the added touch of the swans is a nice additional detail that brings the scene to life.

edited December 1969

@everybody: Thank you all for the kind words. I'd planned the steps to be somewhere near where they were, but couldn't find the right material which would give the appearance of a path along the water. It wasn't until I finally found what you see that I knew where the steps should go. I then simply C&V the water terrain, reduced its size, C&V a lot more, and stacked them on each other. It took a bit of tweaking here and there to get them in place, but I'm pleased with the results.

@Trish: That's a fantastic looking water city. Are the walls individual blocks or is the whole thing a model?

edited February 2014

Bruce: Thanks so much

Guss: Its one big model with the added Tree ...dog ...cat and swans...I could have never got the water to look as good in Darkside...It took Bryce to bring it to life....

Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,536
    edited December 1969

@Trish - what a nice idea. Swans are great, this entry would look static and lifeless without them.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@orbital : symply magic, want to be in that place !
    @GussNemo : what a beautiful church, very realistic landscape
    @Bullit35744 : really very nice.

Time to post my final render called "Explosion in Deep Murky Water"

explosion_in_deep_murky_water.jpg
    987 x 493 - 47K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is my 3rd and final entry called.....Water Town.......Trish

I think you are cheating Trish, is not a Bryce render, you just sneaked over here and took a Photo of somewhere in the UK. We have water everywhere with Swans swimming on it. If people leave their garden gates open they even get swans swimming in their gardens

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72166000/jpg/_72166891_72166886.jpg

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

So the ice is water and the water is well, water... and I suppose the haze is water too... here the leaf scattering effect I've been experimenting with is used but instead to create a kind of icy feel. Which I think works... sort of.

P53_Ice_scattering_effect1.jpg
    1500 x 600 - 446K
    edited December 1969

chohole: WOW swans...that would be neat...I have only ever seen them at the zoo...down here the gators would eat them they wouldn't last long
    David: neat Ice cave

edited December 1969

@Trish: Thanks for the information. When I saw yours I remembered a nice scene with a castle style structure in the Gallery.

@adbc: Thanks. Very interesting explosive scene.

@David: What you've done works for me, that place does look very cold.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

chohole: WOW swans...that would be neat...I have only ever seen them at the zoo...down here the gators would eat them they wouldn't last long

The swans around here taste very nice... A bit similar to albatross.

I'm only kidding of course.

They taste more like chicken.

edited December 1969

@Dave: ....hahahahahaha.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@Orbital, I love that scene. I want to go there. Any chance it's for rent, and within commuting distance? :-)

@David, nice ice cave. I've actually been meaning to try something like that, but never really figured out exactly what I wanted, so it never got done. Good to see an actual render!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744. Nice water town. Or should I say: water castle? Looks like a castle to me.

@adbc: interesting: something different!

@David Brinnen: Looks like Horo and you caved in together, but his cave was not so cold ;)

Time for my last entrance (since my first attempt didn't count for being an old render!)
    The title is February 1953. So, no reference to the issues they have in the UK, right now.
    I know February 1953 only from history books and television, but it is part of my Dutch heritage, I assume.

I made the houses for a render a year ago, all in Bryce. The bus is a freebee by 'Birdman' (David Swan), originally in 3DS. The ship is the Grand Turk, that came with one of my Bryce versions (If I remember correctly).

Now it is time to move on to other ideas.
    By the way, should I also put these renders in the general galleries? Is that what other people do?

February_1953.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 791K