Carrara Challenge #49 - THE FORBIDDEN ZONE WIP (sponsored by DAZ :) Entries closed

Comments

• GipsGips Posts: 44
    edited October 2019
    Stezza said:

great work to see an error has occured 

does that sound right?...  cool

Yes sure 

Whoa!  Did you model all this in Carrara?  Looks very cool.yes

Yes carrara can made few good items. Thank you

Diomede said:

You can take my data from my cold dead hands!

ok, I got it

why "holy data" don't have a aura? because aura is not working correctly, auara can be or not be, unpredictable carraras character

also you can download scene file, some items not finished or have mistake

Untitled-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 654K
    Post edited by Gips on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

Gingerbread man update.

I've rigged the Gingerbrad Man in Studio, created a couple morphs, and have created conforming decorations.  A morph can make him smile.  I've posted a link in the Freebie Forum.

Not feeling good about trying to share this figure.  Still experimenting with a new workflow so I'm not confident that all the correct files are in all the correct places, etc.  Let me know if there are problems.

deelish,
    sent me running for the box of ginger snaps i keep for chilly days
    luv the icing squiggles heart

got off my butt - well I got off the tread mill actually - here's old faithful freak in his old faithful tutu "Ladies Night."

Up to the viewer to decide the narrative.

attached also unpostworked 

apart from the usual I used PhilW's portrait pack for the central freak - then adjusted his arms

chez freak, en pointeheart 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Mythic3D said:

I've got a more involved idea for this one, but just to throw my hat in the ring, I made this one today.

Going for a Halloween feel here.

"Authorized Personnel Only"

Everything modeled in Carrara, no postwork on this one. All effects done in Carrara. The light behind the door has a light cone effect on it. I also applied blur in the camera settings and three scene effects: a glare and two GMIC filters (a vignette, and artistic/illustration look).

Looking good - love the hand on the door !

Stezza said:

great work to see an error has occured 

does that sound right?...  cool

Yes sure 

Whoa!  Did you model all this in Carrara?  Looks very cool.yes

Yes carrara can made few good items. Thank you

Diomede said:

You can take my data from my cold dead hands!

ok, I got it

why "holy data" don't have a aura? because aura is not working correctly, auara can be or not be, unpredictable carraras character

Carrara 9 - superb !

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2019

Started on image #2.

Everything modeled in Carrara, Carrara native render with no postwork.

The altar and stone pathway were hand-painted in Carrara, the ground has a texture from FilterForge on it, and everything else has procedural textures. If I have time I may paint the trees and the "Necronomicon" too. There are two GMIC filters on the scene, one to add a little bit of glow to the light sources and one to add a vignette. The tentacles are not rigged, but I am thinking about rigging them so I can easily try out a few different poses.

"Read with Care"

ReadWithCare.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 79K
    AltarPainting.JPG
    1920 x 787 - 205K
    StonesPainting.JPG
    1914 x 938 - 294K
    ReadwithCareSceneSetup.JPG
    1917 x 1023 - 295K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2019

A little bit of extra tweaking and some postwork and this one is done.

Painting the necromicon:

Final Render:

Final with postwork:

PaintingNecronomicon.JPG
    1632 x 981 - 187K
    ReadWithCare_RENDER.jpg
    2400 x 1800 - 1M
    ReadWithCare_FINAL.jpg
    2400 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

koochie koo tentakoos  cute smiley

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2019

AEHO, very nice!  Thanks for entering.  Can you please also post a picture of the final scene setup in Carrara?  That is something we always do in these Challenges.

Also, when you post a pic to the forum, reduce the width to 800.  If you don't, the mods will warn you. :)

If find Aura in Carrara to be predictable only if I use enough glow channel.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    Mythic3D said:

A little bit of extra tweaking and some postwork and this one is done.

Painting the necromicon:

Final Render:

Final with postwork:

Mark, love the colors and the 2D look!  Epic sig. smileysmiley

edited October 2019

A final drag before killing Dorothy

Character is V4 with Wicked Witch morph.  The outfits are a kitbash of Fashion V4, My Princess, and the hat from Witch Hunter.  I modeled the cigarette. :)

Processes include Carrara Text and GMIC.  Only one light and an HDRI in the scene, but I left ambient at 20.

The only postwork was adding Ron's Smoke for the cigarette.

PS - with the bright white background of the forum, a dark B/W image is really hard to see.  The contrast freaks out the eyes.  Please click on it to make it bigger and see it easier.

A final drag.JPG
    1522 x 920 - 135K
    A final drag before killing Dorothy 1.png
    1800 x 1200 - 659K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

9 days left.   DOnt panic. Mostly Harmless

• GipsGips Posts: 44

AEHO, very nice!  Thanks for entering.  Can you please also post a picture of the final scene setup in Carrara?  That is something we always do in these Challenges.

Also, when you post a pic to the forum, reduce the width to 800.  If you don't, the mods will warn you. :)

If find Aura in Carrara to be predictable only if I use enough glow channel.

Added scene setup picture to my previous post

Many thanks for advice, I forgot about aura algoritm, indeed the Glow parameter is "none"

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Film Noir Witchery!  Love it. Just remember the plot. A runaway girl kills the first woman she encounters in a new town, then lures three men to help her kill again. 

Necromicon. - I can picture Bruce Campbell assuring everyone he said the magic words, basicly.  “Give me some sugar, baby.”

An error has occurred - came together spectacularly. 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

ha ha thanks for the kind words all

just going through these posts  boy that was a flurry 

wicked witch is exquisite UB 

@an error has occurred

love that soft focus skin - really futuristic 

@Mythic3D   scene is beautiful with lots of presecnce 

back later with comments on other work!

Mythic3D - love the toon look !!!

UB - awesome render, hope that wicked witch has got some potions to cure lung cancer....

Diomede, HW, Bunyip - thanks for the nice comments on the witch, much appreciated.

I hope to post one or two more renders (at least the basic ideas are there) and then narrow it down to three entries.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Just adding  in a whisper    Now that you have Daz sponsorship back can you please go back to proper forum usernames, because really you shouldn't use Daz or any of it's owned program names in a personal username, because the names are all copyrighted or trademarked or something.

Chohole said:

Just adding  in a whisper    Now that you have Daz sponsorship back can you please go back to proper forum usernames, because really you shouldn't use Daz or any of it's owned program names in a personal username, because the names are all copyrighted or trademarked or something.

Done for me.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2019

Queensland had a Carrara first though ....

I actually added it pushing for Carrara 9 when people got replies about Carrara no longer being developed 

@Chohole was this suggested to you by some chance to pass on from higher up as my name has been Wendy Carrara on Facebook for a few years now

since people started expressing concerns about using their true identities and I almost closed my account.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

i wouldnt lose the arra from my name til carrara is back in development

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Diomede said:
    Chohole said:

Done for me.

Thank you Diomede  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Chohole said:

mm.. Carrara is a town in Queensland Australia... 

Carrara is a suburb in the City of Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. At the 2011 Census, Carrara had a population of 11,569

Carrara Stadium is also in Queensland...

whisper all they like.. wink

History

The name Carrara comes from the Aboriginal word 'Karara' meaning 'long flat'.

Carrara was first used by the Manchester Cotton Company as a cotton plantation that began in the early 1860s.

If anyone has rights to it it's the indigenous people of Australia.... cool

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

ps.. I only went back to Stezza rather than Stezza_Carrara because it's shorter to write.... . smiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2019
    Stezza said:
    Chohole said:

Carrara is a suburb in the City of Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. At the 2011 Census, Carrara had a population of 11,569

History

Carrara was first used by the Manchester Cotton Company as a cotton plantation that began in the early 1860s.

whatever

I have been there had a sandwich possibly

before I knew about 3D and computers it was a town then the Gold coast was several towns with space inbetween them not all joined up I drove through and stayed at Southport

for a week, 22 years ago I reckon

Sanctuary cove was pretty new then too were you there yet? know crocodiles were

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited October 2019

Had to have a go at this.

Not everyone can afford an Area.

So a shed, barn, outhouse or a tunnel will do..... wink

The soldier with equipment, bench and barrier are all from Daz. The rest are homemade.. 

Doc1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Setup.jpg
    1350 x 984 - 562K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246
    edited October 2019

Very fun challenge! 

This is my first entry,  this pretty witch probably will regret about summon creatures from the "Forbidden Zone" 

No postwork or composition yet, just the Carrara render preview :D 

Screenshot_1.jpg
    1919 x 1079 - 1M
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    1664 x 876 - 525K
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    1664 x 845 - 985K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    Stezza said:
    Chohole said:

History

whatever

I have been there had a sandwich possibly

before I knew about 3D and computers it was a town then the Gold coast was several towns with space inbetween them not all joined up I drove through and stayed at Southport

for a week, 22 years ago I reckon

Sanctuary cove was pretty new then too were you there yet? know crocodiles were

when i google for carrara tutorials, it gives me links to carrara marble.