DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

Comments

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Noah LGP said:

Can we see some samples of what it can do please ?

I guess, the number of people asking for examples is an enormous amount larger, than the number of people (in the forum) having bought and used it yet already... and not many who haven't would be ready to use their three free saves to test it for other people wink

The Key is right now 50% off!!!

50% off sounds great, but it still would mean risking € 25.- on the hope that it does what it promises, with so few examples of what it does to be seen (yet)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,128
    Petercat said:

Where do you find the key?

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

• thd777 said:

The price is clearly not coming up correctly yet. It is a DAZ original, so it will be 30% off for PC club members. In addition there will undoubtedly be a promotion upon offical release.

Here is an example I did in the beta and the image used as source. It's onlya 30 second effort and I think it's pretty good given the mediocre source image. The lighting is of course completely different.

Ciao

TD

Oh wow!  That is pretty darn good!   So the program did this off the photo alone and no hoop jumping (correcting its mistakes) afterwards?  That was a big problem I had with Headship was all the extra correcting and adjusting you had to do.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,262
    edited September 2019
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Right! And then the key is placed on our Serial Key Page(s) ... the item that is downloaded is but the info. to say that ;-)

I haven't tried the beta ... and still waiting for my turn in the download queue for the updated D/S but made the purchase on spec.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    jukingeo said:
    thd777 said:

The price is clearly not coming up correctly yet. It is a DAZ original, so it will be 30% off for PC club members. In addition there will undoubtedly be a promotion upon offical release.

Here is an example I did in the beta and the image used as source. It's onlya 30 second effort and I think it's pretty good given the mediocre source image. The lighting is of course completely different.

Ciao

TD

Oh wow!  That is pretty darn good!   So the program did this off the photo alone and no hoop jumping (correcting its mistakes) afterwards?  That was a big problem I had with Headship was all the extra correcting and adjusting you had to do.

That image was just the "raw" output of the plug-in. Just 30 sec to run it and then set up the render. There is upodated render a few posts later where I repalce the eyes and the brows.

Ciao

TD

• thd777 said:
    jukingeo said:
    thd777 said:

Ciao

TD

That image was just the "raw" output of the plug-in. Just 30 sec to run it and then set up the render. There is upodated render a few posts later where I repalce the eyes and the brows.

Ciao

TD

Nice!  It llooks like a significant improvement over Headship and without the hoop jumping.   I took a look at the full version page above and it is $50 on sale for $25.  That seems worth it.   On the upgrade page it mentions that with the free version you get 3 photo transfers with norestriction s, but you get unlimited use with a watermark on the figure.  Is this selectable so that you can try a watermarked version of a transfer before committing to a non watermark version?

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2019

Im not sure where you guys are getting 50%. Somone else said there was also free version so is it limited or is it free?

20181229_161345.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 282K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Bobvan said:

Im not sure where you guys are getting 50%. Somone else said there was also free version so is it limited or is it free?

IDK.  Are you logged in?

Annotation 2019-09-25 131455.gif
    1272 x 1186 - 667K
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

There was some mention of uploading images earlier in this thread. Does the full version send stuff to a server at Daz to do the conversion, and do you have to keep paying a subscription to use it as well as the initial fee?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    jukingeo said:

Nice!  It llooks like a significant improvement over Headship and without the hoop jumping.   I took a look at the full version page above and it is $50 on sale for $25.  That seems worth it.   On the upgrade page it mentions that with the free version you get 3 photo transfers with norestriction s, but you get unlimited use with a watermark on the figure.  Is this selectable so that you can try a watermarked version of a transfer before committing to a non watermark version?

The watermarked versions are saved in a temp folder, so you can save them from there to a location of your choice. I would suggest to play with the free version to see what you can achieve before buying the unlimited version. It really depends on the images you use and the characters you target. So it is best to try yourself.

Ciao

TD

Yes I had to to d/l 4.12

thd777 said:
    jukingeo said:

The watermarked versions are saved in a temp folder, so you can save them from there to a location of your choice. I would suggest to play with the free version to see what you can achieve before buying the unlimited version. It really depends on the images you use and the characters you target. So it is best to try yourself.

Ciao

TD

So the free versions puts watermarks meaning it's not really free I have facegen

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited September 2019

Bobvan said:

I'm seeing 51% discount.  30% intro + 30% PC+ Discount.  It's not included in the PA sale, but I still have my DAZ O coupon which drops it another $6 !

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Bobvan like me is not PC+ so we see 40%

• Would the output morphs be yours to use for any commercial use?

• https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

Petercat said:

edited September 2019

Bobvan like me is not PC+ so we see 40%

I got that thx so does the so called free version leave a watermark?

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited September 2019

Would the output morphs be yours to use for any commercial use?

We will seek clarification on that. The maps won't be, of course.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 963

I've tried it a few times, but the output wasn't comparable to FaceGen (especially around the mouth and eyes). Since it's still early, I'm guessing I did something wrong and there will be tips/tricks to getting it to match the promo photos. 

• I cant access it, I go to Windows then Pane but don't have the option. I have 4.12

• Ati said:
    Petercat said:

It looks like the is no special PA festival  pricing on this one. Just the standard 30% new releasee and 30% DO PC+ discounts.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

comparison.jpg
    1762 x 1000 - 1M
    comparisonb.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 396K
    comparisonc.jpg
    1500 x 650 - 601K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Redz said:

Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

Thanks for the comparison.  FT looks to be especially weak in the eyebrow department.  I'm guessing eyebrow  removal and fibermesh time?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868
    edited September 2019

Thanks, Redz, for the comparison (and also for all your great hairs, brows, lashes, & characters!). Although the closeup of the FaceTransfer brow looks low res, the overall texture looks  photographic compared to Facegen's texture. FaceTransfer nailed the nose, but Facegen copied the face shape and eye shape more accurately.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Redz said:

Neither is perfect.

So the advertisement says "Instead of just transferring a cut-out of your face onto a figure, our Face Transfer System will create your face shape, bone structure, texture and skin tone in 3D." but from your example it looks not quite like that, right? The original face is kinda squarish, while the resulting heads are more football-shaped?!? Just from looking at the original and the result pictures I wouldn't see them as the same person at all.

I guees, one will have to use morph sliders a lot to adjust the shape of the head, but will that be possible without messing up the textures?

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2019

Have yet to be able to log in and download the updated version. Could someone upload images of transfers using this of famous people? Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kate Beckinsale, Arnold, etcetera. Faces which most of us would already have familiarity with.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2019

Sevrin said:
    Redz said:

Thanks for the comparison.  FT looks to be especially weak in the eyebrow department.  I'm guessing eyebrow  removal and fibermesh time?

None of these apps are especially good at eyebrows. I only chose that area to show the differences in texture resolution. It’s similarly blurry around the lips, nose etc, but at render time, that lower resolution may not be so critical. 

Post edited by Redz on
  • CryphiusCryphius Posts: 64
    edited September 2019
    thd777 said:
    jukingeo said:
    thd777 said:
    thd777 said:
    Ciao
    thd777 said:
    TD

How do you replace the eyes? I did a face scan and the face looks good but the eyes are terrible. I want to use my own textures for the eyes. Thanks

Post edited by Cryphius on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited September 2019
    ziatonic said:
    thd777 said:
    jukingeo said:
    thd777 said:
    thd777 said:
    Ciao
    thd777 said:
    TD

How do you replace the eyes? I did a face scan and the face looks good but the eyes are terrible. I want to use my own textures for the eyes. Thanks

You can use any eyes from any G8 character or G8 figure.

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071
    edited September 2019

I tried it out, and I think the big downside is that it doesn't accept any user input.

You can't remove asymmetry, specify custom skin maps to use, adjust the shape points (or see where they're plotted), or make any kind of face adjustment.  You're locked in to what it creates, and can't do anything else to make last minute corrections.

It also failed on some faces, so you can't force it to accept any image you choose.
    "Face Transfer failed to generate.  Try a different source image."

And I don't know what this error message means.  It pops up every time:
    "Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality."

Post edited by Seven193 on