39th Bryce Render Challenge Theme is "At this Time of the Year"

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo, adbc, Drachenlords, Mermaid010, Dan Whiteside: Thanks very much.

Dan Whiteside: Now that will certainly boost the poor soldiers morale! But, he is very polite not to look a bit more downward, where the lady shows some cleavage. And highly funny that the vetrens commyttie cannot spell properly (just like in real life, I suppose)! Well made and rendered.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099
    edited January 2020

Dan Whiteside : cool idea, superb image.

Dan Whiteside, mermaid : thank you.

My second entry, simply : Winter.

Winter.jpg
    938 x 453 - 84K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Dan - very nicely done scene and great idea.

adbc - beautiful night scene, very peaceful.

• @ Mermaid: Thank you.

@ Dan: Thank you very much. Miss Kringle Boost's morals - well done and a great idea.

@adbc: Really atmospheric picture. Very nice sky and good light.

Horo, drachenlords : thank you.

adbc: great render! I agree with drachenlords on the sky and light.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    adbc said:

My second entry, simply : Winter.

adbc, a very beautiful landscape. Excellent lighting and snow material.

Hansmar, Slepalex : Thank you very much.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Dan Whiteside - beautiful entry, the lighting is awesome.

Adbc - wow awesome entry well done

mermaid : thank you.

• Hansmar: the 3rd one from a magical take off ist the best, I think. And the christmas Ball is really beautiful, nice Light.

adbc: your Fairy Tale is really nice... and your second entry is wonderful. With wonderful Sky and light.

Tim: your Christmas Ball is beautiful. I like the DOF-Effect and the light.

Drachenlords: a friendly Giant... nice Idea and well done.

edited January 2020

My second entry.
    Name: Down Under.
    Used: Bryce, HDRI Enhanced Skies

Down Under

DownUnder.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 277K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo: Indeed, that is this time of year also. Very well made, but not very nice for those down under. I do wonder whether there should be a bit more black smoke towards the top of the render to make it even more realistic and threathening. 

Yellow Pen: Thank you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes Very topical, very much This time of the year,   and I guess I am not the only one over this side of the world who is worrying about relations/friends over there

• Horo - awesome render!

• Horo..... this is a very depressing scene, yes. Even if you don`t know anyone in Australia, Chohole.

Very well done.

Thank you Hansmar, Chohole, Dan and Yellow Pen. Yes, depressing, indeed. I do have relatives in the region.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Horo - I agree the situation is very sad, however your entry is very nicely done.

Yellow Pen : thank you.

Horo : threatening, sad reality. Very well done scene !

Horo..... this is a very depressing scene, yes. Even if you don`t know anyone in Australia, Chohole.

Very well done.

Like Horo, have relatives out there. Cousin and his family are safe, but one of his sons had to be evacuated, and doesn't know if he will have a home to go back to.

• I hope they haven't lost everythink Chohole. And I hope all of the relatives of you and Horo are healthy.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

i live on the south coast of Australia the central point where the fires are....it is not as bad as the media are making it out to be, sure there are fires....but! ...not even close to the danger level it has been portrayed as :) ...we have these kind of fires every single year!!! :)

All of you: I hope all your relatives and friends do not get hurt by the fires and do not lose their homes. Tim82: Happy for you that you have not a very high danger level. But there must be many people that are evacuated and I think they feel the danger really well.

• Snowy Egrets

Animals.jpg
    1000 x 450 - 349K
    edited January 2020

My third entry.
    Name: Augur Coach.
    Used: Bryce, Grand Mountains set, Coach by Alan Armstrong (2012), astrology symbols prepared with Stellarium 0.10.
    Remark: Time to peek at the future of 2020 with a little help of astrology.

Augur Coach

AugurCoach.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 256K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited January 2020

That's a lovely texture set for the old Daz Vardo,  is it still available?  Actually looking again, it isn't the Daz one,  so is the van availalbe anywhere as well?  I remember george Armstrong (aka Army),  does he have his stuff anywhere nowadays?

Chohole - I got it from Army (Alan Armstrong not George) in 2012 to test it. Daz culled Army and he went to ContenPardise - which is currently down, so I don't know if it is still available.

edited January 2020

Oh that's a shame.   I know he got culled here,  along with almost all the  other Bryce PAs,  even Angel (Estevez) is no longer in the store.   And I don't know why I said George,   who is George Armstrong,  hmm    And chance of Content Paradise coming back   As Smith micro sold Poser to renderosity,  anmd I wouldn't think they would have been interested in buying Content Paradise as well.    Hmm I wonder if Alan went to Rendo?

Horo : really cool idea, awesome image !

adbc - thank you.